Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You sound like the right wing conspiracy guy that thinks Hunter Biden should hang.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I don't know on what planet 17 years is a slap on the wrist.
There were deaths.. That to me makes them on the low side.

So you think people that weren't charged with murder should pay for that crime?

Not at all.. What I am saying is that there is reason and cause to think the sentences could have been stiffer.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
We used to hang traitors. All I’ll say.

People used to own slaves as well.

you might try remembering that Slaves learned skills that served them well in life after Slavery ended. (should be in purple)

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
You sound like the right wing conspiracy guy that thinks Hunter Biden should hang.

According to the MAGA crowd, We still do that

They have their heads up the dark place, but thats apparently what they think...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Not at all.. What I am saying is that there is reason and cause to think the sentences could have been stiffer.

And that's exactly what those on the right say about crime in general. That people aren't getting stiff enough sentences. You see, it's a matter of people on both sides that pick and choose which crimes and criminals should be treated harsher based on their own personal beliefs. Sure they could be treated harsher. But then I believe that same thing holds true for rapists. There are many times I see the punishment for crimes committed that are so light it makes me say WTF. And while you could make the argument that the sentences could have been harsher, they certainly weren't some slap on the wrist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I honestly could care less about those on the right. It's just my opinion that the sentences weren't stiff enough in some cases.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Proud Boys’ Enrique Tarrio gets record 22 years in prison for Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was sentenced Tuesday to 22 years in prison for orchestrating a failed plot to keep Donald Trump in power after the Republican lost the 2020 election, capping the case with the stiffest punishment that has been handed down yet for the U.S. Capitol attack.

Tarrio, 39, pleaded for leniency before the judge imposed the prison term topping the 18-year sentences given to Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and one-time Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean for seditious conspiracy and other convictions stemming from the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

Tarrio, who led the neofacist group as it became a force in mainstream Republican circles, lowered his head after the sentence was imposed, then squared his shoulders. He raised his hand and made a “V” gesture with his fingers as he was led out of the courtroom in orange jail garb.

His sentencing comes as the Justice Department prepares to put Trump on trial at the same courthouse in Washington on charges that the then-president illegally schemed to cling to power that he knew had been stripped away by voters.

Rising to speak before the sentence was handed down, Tarrio called Jan. 6 a “national embarrassment,” and apologized to the police officers who defended the Capitol and the lawmakers who fled in fear. His voice cracked as he said he let down his family and vowed that he is done with politics.

“I am not a political zealot. Inflicting harm or changing the results of the election was not my goal,” Tarrio said. “Please show me mercy,” he said, adding, “I ask you that you not take my 40s from me.”

U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed to the bench by Trump, said Tarrio was motivated by “revolutionary zeal” to lead the conspiracy that resulted in “200 men, amped up for battle, encircling the Capitol.” Noting that Tarrio had not previously shown any remorse publicly for his crimes, the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

“It can’t happen again. It can’t happen again,” the judge repeated.

Tarrio and three lieutenants were convicted in May of seditious conspiracy and other crimes after a months-long trial that served as a vivid reminder of the violent chaos fueled by Trump’s lies about the election that helped inspire right-wing extremists like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers.

Prosecutors had sought 33 years behind bars for Tarrio, describing him as the ringleader of a plot to use violence to shatter the cornerstone of American democracy and overturn the election victory by Joe Biden, a Democrat, over Trump, the Republican incumbent.

Prosecutor Conor Mulroe told the judge that the Proud Boys came dangerously close to succeeding in their plot — and noted that “it didn’t take rifles or explosives.”

“There was a very real possibility we were going to wake up on Jan. 7 in a full-blown constitutional crisis,” Mulroe said, with “300 million Americans having no idea who the next president would be or how it would be decided.”

Tarrio wasn’t in Washington, D.C, when Proud Boys members joined thousands of Trump supporters, who smashed windows, beat police officers and poured into the House and Senate chambers as lawmakers met to certify Biden’s victory. But prosecutors say the Miami resident organized and led the Proud Boys’ assault from afar, inspiring followers with his charisma and penchant for propaganda.

Tarrio’s lawyers denied the Proud Boys had any plan to attack the Capitol or stop the certification of Biden’s victory. They argued that prosecutors used Tarrio as a scapegoat for Trump, who spoke at the “Stop the Steal” rally near the White House on Jan. 6 and urged his supporters to “fight like hell.”

Tarrio’s younger sister, fiancé and mother tearfully urged the judge to show mercy before the sentence was imposed. Tarrio took off his glasses and wiped his eyes as he listened to his mother speak.

The defense asked for no more than 15 years in prison, arguing that their client should not be punished as harshly as the Oath Keepers’ Rhodes, who was present on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.

Defense attorney Nayib Hassan told reporters after the hearing that they will appeal.

Tarrio’s lawyers described him as a “keyboard ninja,” who was prone to “talk trash,” but had no intentions of overthrowing the government. The Proud Boys’ only plans that day were to protest the election and confront left-wing antifa activists, attorney Sabino Jauregui told the judge.

“My client is no terrorist,” Jauregui said. “My client is a misguided patriot.”

Tarrio had been arrested two days before the Capitol riot on charges that he defaced a Black Lives Matter banner during an earlier rally in the nation’s capital, and he had complied with a judge’s order to leave the city after his arrest.

The judge agreed with prosecutors that the Proud Boys’ crimes could be punished as “terrorism” — increasing the recommended sentence under federal guidelines. But he ultimately sentenced the Proud Boys to shorter prison terms than those sought by prosecutors.

The backbone of the government’s case was hundreds of messages exchanged by Proud Boys in the days leading up to Jan. 6 that prosecutors say showed how the extremists saw themselves as revolutionaries and celebrated the Capitol attack, which sent lawmakers running into hiding.

The judge pointed to Tarrio’s messages cheering on the Capitol attack and the Proud Boys’ role in it.

“Make no mistake,” Tarrio wrote in one message. “We did this.” In another post as the Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio commanded: “Do what must be done.” In a Proud Boys encrypted group chat later that day someone asked what they should do next. Tarrio responded, “Do it again.”

He is the final Proud Boys leader convicted of seditious conspiracy to receive his punishment. Three fellow Proud Boys found guilty by a Washington jury of the rarely used sedition charge were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 15 to 18 years.

The Justice Department is appealing the 18-year prison sentence of Rhodes, the Oath Keepers founder, who was convicted of seditious conspiracy in a separate case, as well as the sentences of other members of his antigovernment militia group that were lighter than what prosecutors had sought. Prosecutors had requested 25 years in prison for Rhodes.

https://apnews.com/article/enrique-...tencing-da60222b3e1e54902db2bbbb219dc3fb

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Political prisoners.

Mandella was a political prisoner.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Political prisoners.

I wasn't sure but now I am. You have lost your ever loving mind. But then there's a lot of that going around.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
This may affect a few other people running for office and would probably need the scotus to look at

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/06/jud...wboys-for-trump-founder-from-office.html

Judge calls Jan. 6 an ‘insurrection,’ bars ‘Cowboys for Trump’ founder from office
PUBLISHED TUE, SEP 6 20221:55 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, SEP 6 20228:56 PM EDT
thumbnail
Kevin Breuninger
@KEVINWILLIAMB

A judge in New Mexico declared Tuesday that the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was an “insurrection” as he ruled that Otero County Commissioner and “Cowboys for Trump” founder Couy Griffin must be removed from office for participating in the attack.

Griffin is barred for life from holding any federal or state office — including his current role as county commissioner, from which he will be ousted “effective immediately,” Judge Francis Mathew ruled.

Griffin became “constitutionally disqualified” from those positions as of Jan. 6, 2021, the judge concluded.

On that day, a violent mob of former President Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, forcing lawmakers to flee their chambers and disrupting the transfer of power to President Joe Biden. Griffin was convicted in March on a misdemeanor charge of breaching restricted Capitol grounds.

The riot and the planning and incitement that led up to it “constituted an ‘insurrection’” under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, Mathew wrote in the ruling in New Mexico’s 1st Judicial District Court.

The ruling marked the first time that any court found that the Capitol riot met the definition of an insurrection, according to the nonprofit government watchdog group CREW, which represented the plaintiffs who filed the lawsuit to disqualify Griffin.

“This decision makes clear that any current or former public officials who took an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution and then participated in the January 6th insurrection can and will be removed and barred from government service for their actions,” CREW President Noah Bookbinder said in a press release.

Griffin told CNN later Tuesday that he had been ordered to clean out his desk.

“I’m shocked, just shocked,” Griffin told CNN. “I really did not feel like the state was going to move on me in such a way. I don’t know where I go from here.”

Mathew’s ruling also marks the first time since 1869 that a court has disqualified a public official under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, according to CREW.

That section, known as the Disqualification Clause, bars any person from holding civil or military office at the federal or state level of the United States if they “have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

Griffin did not enter the Capitol building itself or commit violence during the Jan. 6 riot, but he nevertheless engaged in it and his actions “aided the insurrection,” Mathew ruled.

“By joining the mob and trespassing on restricted Capitol grounds, Mr. Griffin contributed to delaying Congress’ election-certification proceedings,” the judge wrote. Griffin’s presence “contributed to law enforcement being overwhelmed,” and he also “incited, encouraged, and helped normalize the violence” during the riot, Mathew ruled.

In addition, the judge dismissed as “meritless” the arguments put forward by Griffin, who represented himself in the case.

Griffin’s attempts to “sanitize his actions are without merit and contrary to the evidence produced by the Plaintiffs, bearing in mind that he produced no evidence himself in his own defense,” Mathew wrote.

His arguments in court were “not credible and amounted to nothing more than attempting to put lipstick on a pig,” the judge added.

Griffin was arrested less than two weeks after the Capitol riot. He was convicted in March and sentenced on June 17 to two weeks’ time served in jail, along with a $3,000 fine and community service.

Griffin, a Republican and a vocal supporter of Trump, has echoed the former president’s false claims that the 2020 election results were compromised by widespread fraud.

He and the two other GOP members who make up the Otero County Commission refused to certify its most recent primary election results, reportedly citing conspiracy theories about Dominion voting machines. The commission eventually voted 2 to 1 to certify the primary results, with Griffin voting “no.”

In 2019, Griffin created Cowboys for Trump, a group that put on pro-Trump horseback-riding parades.

Bookbinder called Tuesday’s ruling “a historic win for accountability for the January 6th insurrection and the efforts to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power in the United States.”

“Protecting American democracy means ensuring those who violate their oaths to the Constitution are held responsible,” he said.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Political prisoners.

I wasn't sure but now I am. You have lost your ever loving mind. But then there's a lot of that going around.

The comparison is gross… and that’s putting it gracefully.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
nanner nanner nanner

Take them all out of office! Block them from office and lock them up if you can! Traitors to the man, all of them. Oh happy day!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Political prisoners.

Now there is some bat crap crazy MAGA nuggets of rationality for ya… Wrong Peen.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Jan. 6 defendant who used bear spray at Capitol sentenced

A California man was sentenced to six-and-a-half years behind bars for his participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, during which he sprayed police officers with bear spay.

Sean Michael McHugh, 36, of Auburn, Calif., was found guilty on two felony counts of obstruction and assaulting, impeding or interfering with law enforcement officers.

His sentence also includes three years of supervised release after his prison term, a $5,000 fine and $2,000 in restitution.

According to a news release from the Justice Department, McHugh was part of the initial breach of the Capitol grounds. He sprayed a line of Capitol police officers who were guarding a barricade, causing them to lose ground in the initial breach as hundreds of supporters of then-President Trump rushed the area. He used a megaphone to encourage other rioters to similarly attack officers who were trying to secure the area.

Before heading to Washington, McHugh told people he planned to go to the Capitol to “fight” and “storm Congress” to stop the certification of President Biden’s election in the 2020 presidential race, according to the Justice Department.

He later posted on Facebook, “We stormed them and we took Congress.”

Nearly 1,200 people have been arrested in the Capitol attack.

https://thehill.com/homenews/419379...vTRfHS8DyL8WrahyKqncxDTeboZBJVE9brpv2G7I

Of course we will see more BS about how criminals who are held accountable for their crimes in the justice system are political prisoners. All coming from a political party who used to claim they stood for personal accountability.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Virginia man charged in Jan. 6 attack on DC police officer Fanone

A Virginia man was arrested earlier this week and charged in connection with the assault of former Washington, D.C., police officer Michael Fanone during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

Lewis Wayne Snoots, 59, of Louisa, Va., is facing felony charges of assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers and civil disorder, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ).

According to court documents, surveillance footage from the Jan. 6 riot show Snoots entering a doorway leading into the U.S. Capitol wearing what looks like a gas mask. He was seen with a group of rioters attempting to breach the police line in the tunnel, the DOJ said.

Snoots is observed in the footage pressing against a Capitol police officer’s riot shield and later passing Capitol police riot shields over his head to the mob of rioters, according to the DOJ.

The DOJ said Albuquerque Head, a defendant already convicted in the assault, then dragged Fanone away from the tunnel while Snoots continued to grab Fanone by the upper back.

“Snoots used both of his hands to physically restrain Officer Fanone while other rioters assaulted him,” a statement from DOJ said.

Prosecutors said Snoots appeared to grab Fanone’s right hand and pulled his right arm away from his body, “which appeared to significantly hinder and impair Office Fanone’s ability to defend himself against the continuous assaults.”

Snoots could be heard on video saying, “I’m fed up with it, everybody is fed up with it. They have tear gassed our ass off of the Capitol steps, but it’s not over. What they don’t understand is it’s just starting. Every political a—— up in that place is now going to have a target on their back everywhere they go,” according to the DOJ.

Snoots also faces a slew of misdemeanor charges, including knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds, and acts of physical violence in the Capitol grounds.

Months after the Jan. 6 riot, Fanone testified before the House Jan. 6 committee and railed against former President Trump and other elected officials who he claimed downplayed the riot’s severity.

Fanone has been vocal on the personal impact of the riot, writing in a CNN op-ed last year, “The assault irrevocably changed my life.”

Fanone said he suffered a heart attack and a traumatic brain injury that ultimately required him to resign from the police force. He said he was also later diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Snoots is one of multiple defendants to be charged in Fanone’s assault, including Head, who received 7.5 years in prison after pleading guilty.

In July, 37-year-old Thomas Sibick was sentenced to just over four years in prison after he assaulted Fanone and stole his badge and radio.

Another man, Daniel Rodriguez, was sentenced to 12.5 years in prison for assaulting Fanone with a taser.

Kyle Young, 38, also pleaded guilty to assaulting Fanone and received 86 months in prison.

In the months since the Jan. 6 riot, more than 1,106 individuals have been arrested in nearly all 50 states for crimes related to the Capitol breach.

The Hill reached out to the DOJ for further comment.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...QLI406xoVazuZwBSGi2OWvQwjUrgTgwSc1Dm_nBE

Capitol riot looked more like 'normal tourist visit' - Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
‘Zip-tie guy’ and his mother sentenced to prison for January 6 crimes

A mother-and-son duo who carried zip ties as they searched for lawmakers after breaching the US Capitol were sentenced to federal prison for several felony and misdemeanor charges in connection with the riots.

Eric Munchel, 32, dubbed “zip-tie guy” on social media, was sentenced to nearly five years in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release on 8 September. His mother Lisa Marie Eisenhart, 59, was sentenced to more than two years in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release. They each have been ordered to pay $2,000 in restitution.

They were convicted earlier this year on obstruction and conspiracy charges, and Munchel – who was armed with a Taser – was additionally found guilty of disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon and unauthorised possession of a deadly or dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds.

Photos and videos captured Munchel carrying plastic zip tie-style handcuffs they allegedly stole from inside a closet at the Capitol. “Zip ties! I need to get me some of them mother*******,” Munchel can be heard in video footage.

As they made their way into the Senate Gallery, with Munchel shouting “I want that f****** gavel,” the pair wondered aloud where the “traitors” and “cowards” who evacuated the chamber had gone. The US Department of Justice said the pair were looking for “potential hostages”.

Munchel’s cell phone, mounted to the outside of his tactical vest, recorded a nearly hour-long video of his approach and his time inside the Capitol, which prosecutors used as evidence against them.

“We’re going straight to federal prison if we go in there with weapons,” Eisenhart told Munchel, according to court records.

Eisenhart – who wore a Donald Trump-supporting “Keep America Great Again” beanie – and her son had “prepared for violence” on 6 January 2021, and “projected their willingness to engage in it” as lawmakers convened to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election that Mr Trump lost, according to prosecutors.

They also “openly declared to a reporter that their intent in storming and entering the Capitol was to intimidate Congress,” prosecutors wrote in court filings.

“What is America for?” Eisenhart told a reporter with The Times of London on 7 January 2021. “I’d rather die as a 57-year-old woman than live under oppression. I’d rather die and would rather fight.”

“With the 2024 presidential election approaching, a rematch on the horizon, and many loud voices in the media and online continuing to sow discord and distrust, the potential for a repeat of January 6 looms ominously,” prosecutors wrote.

The sentences imposed by US District Court Judge Royce C Lamberth came days after five members of the neo-fascist Proud Boys gang were handed down some of the longest prison terms to date among the hundreds of people charged in connection to the attack.

Now-former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was sentenced to 22 years in prison after a jury found him and three other members of the group guilty of seditious conspiracy, among a number of other crimes connected to their planning and actions on January 6. The sentence is the longest yet among Capitol riot defendants.

More than 1,100 people have been arrested and charged for crimes related to the assault on Congress.

https://news.yahoo.com/zip-tie-guy-mother-sentenced-143551606.html

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The nut doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Lock’em up. Throw away the key.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Munchel’s cell phone, mounted to the outside of his tactical vest, recorded a nearly hour-long video of his approach and his time inside the Capitol, which prosecutors used as evidence against them.

rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Momma's Don't let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Proud Boys.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just my opinion, but these two got off light.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
They all are. Setting a precedent for the rest that follow as well. They aren’t going to make an example out of any of these traitors.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
'I did the right thing,' Jan. 6 rioter says before being sentenced to 2½ years in prison

At her sentencing hearing, Yvonne St Cyr did not express regret or accept any responsibility for her actions on Jan. 6, 2021.

WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 defendant who claimed she believed she had the right to climb over broken glass to enter the Capitol was sentenced to 2½ years in federal prison Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge John Bates sentenced Yvonne St Cyr — who at her trial in March was found guilty of two felony counts of civil disorder, as well as several misdemeanors — to 30 months behinds bars, 36 months of supervised release and $2,000 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol.

After her trial, St Cyr had said in a Facebook livestream that she wasn't sure the case would ever move to sentencing because "the truth" would come out before then.

“Their s---'s gonna blow up!" she said. "So just keep watching Tucker, keep spreading the truth, keep talking about the corruption, keep sharing, and we will bring the system doooooowwwwn.”

Tucker Carlson's Fox News show, which St Cyr referred to, has since been canceled. Tucker, a conservative commentator known for promoting conspiracy theories and disinformation, then launched a new version of his show on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

At her sentencing hearing Wednesday, St Cyr's attorney, Nicole Owens, said her client was at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, because of a “misguided sense of duty.” After attorneys for both parties spoke, St Cyr was given the opportunity to speak.

St Cyr, who served in the military, told the court repeatedly that she took an oath to defend the Constitution. She also repeated her claim that the last presidential election was stolen. Owens had defended her client's claim, telling the court: "It's not some fringe belief."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jacqueline Schesnol said St Cyr “is a person who does what she wants, without care to rule, authority or the law.”

“I’ve been on a spiritual journey,” St Cyr said. Then she launched into a bizarre 45-minute rant — until the judge cut her off with a stern warning to wrap up — on a series of topics, including her beliefs about the air we breathe, her spiritual being, radio frequencies, her difficult upbringing and a woman she watched being arrested on a playground during the Covid pandemic.

In sharing a prepared version of her remarks online, St Cyr acknowledged that her comments were "a little over all the place and a little messy, kind of like life."

She also talked about her actions during the Capitol riot. She didn’t express regret or accept any responsibility for her actions that day, and she indicated that she wasn’t concerned about the prospect of serving jail time.

“The spirit has assured me that isn’t going to happen,” she said.

Even if she were to end up in federal custody, she said, “prison will give me plenty of time to write a book.”

St Cyr mentioned Donald Trump once at her sentencing hearing. She accused the judge of hating the former president because he's not "part of the system."

“I did the right thing,” St Cyr said about her actions on Jan. 6. “I know it sounds delusional.”

In a Facebook livestream after her sentencing, St Cyr also said she hadn’t filed taxes since 2019, and she encouraged her followers not to pay their taxes.

"Keep your damn money," she said. "Stop giving it away."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...ays-sentenced-25-years-prison-rcna104934

It sounds as though she is definitely following the wrong spirit.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump has sharp exchange with NBC's Kristen Welker after she asked if he watched the January 6 riot unfold on TV in the White House dining room
John L. Dorman
Sun, September 17, 2023 at 11:26 AM EDT·3 min read

Trump had a sharp exchange with NBC's Kristen Welker when pressed about his response on January 6.

"I'm not going to tell you anything," he said on Sunday. "I behaved so well. I did such a good job."

The ex-president has been criticized for his response to the riot hours after it first began.

Former President Donald Trump, in an interview that aired Sunday, pushed back when asked about the timeline of his activities during the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.

While speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press," Trump told host Kristen Welker he wouldn't comment on his activities during the earliest stages of the attack, when he was accused by former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham of "gleefully watching" the riot on television and and "hitting rewind" to view the mayhem.

Welker first questioned Trump about his whereabouts after he spoke at the "Stop the Steal" rally at the Ellipse, filled with pro-Trump loyalists incensed over the results of the 2020 election, which saw now-President Joe Biden defeat the then-incumbent president.

"Tell me how you watched this all unfold," Welker asked the former president. "Were you in the dining room watching TV?"

Trump responded: "I'm not going to tell you. I'll tell people later, at an appropriate time."

Welker then asked: "What did you do when the Capitol was under attack, though?"

Trump replied: "Did you see the statements I made in the Oval Office and just outside of the Oval Office?"

After Welker replied that she was aware of his remarks from January 6, Trump spoke of the video that he released later that day asking people to leave the Capitol and respect law enforcement.

"This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people," he said in his message at the time, falsely claiming that the 2020 results were illegitimate. "We have to have peace. So go home. We love you; you're very special."

During the Sunday interview, Trump elaborated on the message, calling it a "beautiful statement."

Welker responded: "That was 4 o'clock in the afternoon, three hours after the attack started. I want to know who you called on that day."

Trump declined to answer and shifted responsibility for security to then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, whom he sought to blame for the outbreak of the riot.

After Welker asked if Trump called military or law enforcement when the Capitol was first attacked, Trump again pushed back.

"I'm not going to tell you anything," he said. "Let me put it this way. I behaved so well. I did such a good job."

When pressed by Welker again, he then stated that he assumed Pelosi had the situation under control.

"Frankly, just so you understand, I assumed that she took care of it," he said.

Trump has been widely criticized by Democrats and several members of his own party — including GOP presidential contender and former ally Chris Christie — for his response on January 6, arguing that he should have pushed back more forcefully against the riot immediately after it started.

Read the original article on Business Insider

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sharp-exchange-nbcs-kristen-152627420.html

Seems to me there are only two options:

1, he was watching it which means he was aware of what was going on and did nothing for 3 hours, which makes him complicit or
2, he didn't know what was going on which makes him completely incompetent

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Trump responded: "I'm not going to tell you. I'll tell people later, at an appropriate time."

Whats wrong with right now? I mean, the answer shouldn't change should it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

It shouldn’t but it will. There is footage of him watching the riot on tv while the rest of the occupants in the dining room were in party mode. He did squat. And points at Pelosi? Lol what a pos.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You act as if you actually expect him to answer that question in the future

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

It shouldn’t but it will. There is footage of him watching the riot on tv while the rest of the occupants in the dining room were in party mode. He did squat. And points at Pelosi? Lol what a pos.

I"m aware of those videos and that's what makes me wonder why not answer the question. The entire world knows,, It's his arrogance that let's him actually believe that he's pulling one over on folks. Well, perhaps he is when it comes to the MAGA crowd.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester

You act as if you actually expect him to answer that question in the future

See the above post and you'll understand that there is no reason for him not too.. SO yeah, I expect him to answer,.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But when has he ever done anything he said he would do

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
See the above post and you'll understand that there is no reason for him not too.. SO yeah, I expect him to answer,.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Since the primary crime was B and E, and the result was deaths, perhaps they should pay the same price.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You're being ridiculous. According to that logic every person who entered the capital that day should be charged with murder. This is my problem with extremism.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Capitol rioter who attacked AP photographer and police officers is sentenced to 5 years in prison

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man who attacked an Associated Press photographer and threw a flagpole and smoke grenade at police officers guarding the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced on Friday to five years in prison.

Rodney Milstreed, 56, of Finksburg, Maryland, “prepared himself for battle” on Jan. 6 by injecting steroids and arming himself with a four-foot wooden club disguised as a flagpole, prosecutors said.

“He began taking steroids in the weeks leading up to January 6, so that he would be ‘jacked’ and ready because, he said, someone needed to ‘hang for treason’ and the battle might come down to hand-to-hand combat,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

A prosecutor showed U.S. District Judge James Boasberg videos of Milstreed’s attacks outside the Capitol. Milstreed told the judge that it was painful to watch his violent acts and hear his combative language that day.

“I know what I did that day was very wrong,” he said.

The judge said he believes Milstreed is remorseful.

“On the other side of the ledger, it’s very serious conduct,” Boasberg added.

Capitol Police Officer Devan Gowdy suffered a concussion when Milstreed hurled his wooden club at a line of officers.

“January 6th is a day that will be burned into my brain and my nightmares for the rest of my life,” Gowdy told the judge. “The effects of this domestic terrorist attack will never leave me.”

Gowdy told Milstreed that he “will always be looked at as a domestic terrorist and traitor” for his actions on Jan. 6.

“That brings me some peace,” added Gowdy, who has since left the police department.

Prosecutors recommended a prison sentence of six years and six months for Milstreed, a machinist who has worked at oil and gas facilities.

In a letter addressed to the judge before sentencing, Milstreed said he understands the “wrongfulness” of his actions on Jan. 6 and has learned from his “mistakes.”

“I realize if one has concerns or grievances with the government, there are peaceful and appropriate ways to express them,” he wrote.

Milstreed was arrested in May 2022 in Colorado, where he had been working. He pleaded guilty in April to assault charges and possessing an unregistered firearm.

A cache of weapons and ammunition found at Milstreed’s Maryland home included an unregistered AR-15 rifle. In his Colorado hotel room, investigators found 94 vials of what appeared to be illegal steroids.

Angry about the 2020 presidential election results, Milstreed spewed violent, threatening rhetoric on social media in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 attack. In late December, he emailed a Maryland chapter of the Proud Boys to inquire about joining the far-right extremist group.

On the morning of Jan. 6, he took a train into Washington, then attended then-President Donald Trump ‘s “Stop the Steal” rally near the White House and then followed the crowd of Trump supporters to the Capitol.

Milstreed was “front and center” as rioters and police fought for control of the Capitol’s West Plaza, prosecutors said. He tossed his wooden club at a police line and struck the helmet of an officer who later was treated for a concussion.

A video captured Milstreed retrieving a smoke grenade from the crowd of rioters and throwing it back at police across a barricade.

Milstreed then joined other rioters in attacking an AP photographer on the Upper West Plaza. He grabbed the photographer’s backpack and yanked him down some steps.

“After the photographer stumbled to the bottom of the stairs, Milstreed shoved him and advanced toward him in a threatening fashion,” prosecutors wrote.

Milstreed used Facebook to update his friends on the riot in real time.

“Man I’ve never seen anything like this. I feel so alive.” he wrote to one friend, sharing photos of blood on a floor outside the Capitol.

He told another Facebook friend that it “felt good” to punch the photographer, whose assault was captured on video by another AP photographer.

Other rioters have been charged with attacking the same photographer. One of them — Alan Byerly, 55, of Pennsylvania — was sentenced last October to two years and 10 months in prison.

More than 1,100 people have been charged with Jan. 6-related federal crimes. Over 650 of them have been sentenced, with roughly two-thirds of them getting a term of imprisonment ranging from three days to 22 years.

More than 100 police officers were injured during the riot.

https://apnews.com/article/rodney-m...A_Wf8G-1wRp0r5RWsYqKw6P_Hnzg38WpTxD3NZ4s

Yet another "trump patriot" who has been unfairly targeted by the DOJ.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yet another "trump patriot" who has been unfairly targeted by the DOJ.

They just keep thinking that what Trump tells them is true and the rest of the world says, NO,, It's not.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're being ridiculous. According to that logic every person who entered the capital that day should be charged with murder. This is my problem with extremism.

What would you do? Bring them all together in a circle smirk and sing Kumbaya? Centrist… PFFT… Traitors used to be hung in this country.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Only a liberal extremist thinks everyone who entered the capital that day deserves a life sentence in prison.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Only a liberal extremist thinks everyone who entered the capital that day deserves a life sentence in prison.

Only a centrist maga-nazi sympathizer thinks they don’t deserve it. That BS name calling goes both ways Jr.

Legend
Legend

They do deserve that or worse!

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You must have missed the fact that I'm not your Junior. lmao You seemed to remember that when you pointed out that I'm a boomer and you're not. I do find it odd that you are in fact on the outer fringe of the left in your idealism yet when someone points that out to you, you seem offended by it. It looks like you want to have it both ways. I won't call you any actual names. I'll leave that to you. I'll leave the communist comments to others. As much as you may hate to admit it or wish to claim someone is calling you names, in terms of liberal ideology you are certainly on the extreme side. If that's who you are going to be, at least man up and own it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Ok, ancient one… that better? FFS, you’ll pick a fight over anything on here. And turn on your boys in a heartbeat. Friends like that, who needs enemies… And I’d say you are out of touch with the left from center out. Nobody wants to play kumbaya with the fascists. And my views are rapidly becoming mainstream.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/24/23 12:18 PM.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout part 7

Link Copied to Clipboard