Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2028749 09/18/23 11:55 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
- Watson is essentially Spergeon Wynn, he's trash.

- Stefanski is a clown.

- A mildly competent QB and Coach has this team at 2-0

- Absolutely gutted for Chubb.

- Myles Garrett does not belong in the DPOY conversation. See Micah Parsons.

- This team is mentally soft

- Season over with Chubb out for the year. No first round pick again next year.

- Bubba Ventrone's efforts have been wholly unimpressive.

- New Season, same results.

- The Browns completely wilt when there are expectations and a big game is on the line.

1 member likes this: vadawgfan07
R
Legend
Legend
R
Ditto. All of it.

Legend
Legend
Watson sucked....

Our line sucked.....

Offense overall sucked....

Chubb getting hurt and likely out of the season sucked....

Defense balled out....

Should have won this game... just trash... you can't spot a team 14 points on the road.... just trash...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You cannot give up 2 defensive scores and expect to win a NFL game.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Finding new lows...

Legend
Legend
They basically had one good offensive play.... the rest of their points were our offense gifting them...

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I can't believe we threw Baker under the bus, traded away 3 first round picks, and gave that man 230 million dollars for QB play that would make Mond look like a pro bowler.

What the fn hell!!!

How can Watson be so bad? Is he doing this on purpose? He wants to sit now that he got a payday? How can he possibly be this bad?

And he is low IQ. 2 face mask grabs? Never throwing the ball away? Hold onto the ball for 5 million years??? wtf.

I extremely dislikely him.

3 members like this: JimDawg, bbrowns32, 3rd_and_20
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
- Watson is essentially Spergeon Wynn, he's trash.

- Stefanski is a clown.

- A mildly competent QB and Coach has this team at 2-0

- Absolutely gutted for Chubb.

- Myles Garrett does not belong in the DPOY conversation. See Micah Parsons.

- This team is mentally soft

- Season over with Chubb out for the year. No first round pick again next year.

- Bubba Ventrone's efforts have been wholly unimpressive.

- New Season, same results.

- The Browns completely wilt when there are expectations and a big game is on the line.

That's the summary I have too. That and the fact tha the League and their Officials are an opponent week end and week out. Ridiculous calls.

[Linked Image]

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Same old Browns.

Watson is not worth 3 first round picks. This has got to be one of the worst trades in the history of the nfl.

Offense is terrible without Chubb.

Defense looked ok, but still gave up some big plays.

Maybe next year...

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think a couple of things are in play here.

First, Watson was never as good as advertised.

Second, he appears to be damaged goods.

Third, Stefanski.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by jaybird
They basically had one good offensive play.... the rest of their points were our offense gifting them...

And that play never should have happened. WE had them stopped on third down., A dump off to RB, we had three tacklers and Ward chose to just watch and the RB split of other 2 tacklers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Squires
Same old Browns.

Watson is not worth 3 first round picks. This has got to be one of the worst trades in the history of the nfl.

Offense is terrible without Chubb.

Defense looked ok, but still gave up some big plays.

Maybe next year...

And

Watt is head a shoulders above Myles Garrett.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Coaching is a huge let down. Not sure why any past experience indicated that Stefanski needed another year to ruin chubbs prime. Schwartz should take over as HC and let Callahan be the OC or have Callahan be the HC, both have done it. Ventrone sucks, he's every bit good a coach as he was a player, JAG. DNP pretty much cost us the game when he let the ball go an it rolled 30 yards, that was huge. Defense was strong most of the game but lack playmaking game changers, Watt>Garrett. We did nothing to change our style of play when chubb went out other than not running the ball, we did nothing to change playcalling to slow the steeler rush down. We just lined up and called slow developing plays with a Rookie RT against the best DE in the nfl... thats stefanksi for you. You give Kyle Shanahan, or mike mcdaniels this offense and it would put up 30 a game easy. Makes no sense to play Goodwin, he's just a decoy an he will never get the ball, I rather have Watkins back on the 53 as he has a much better WR build. Same thing with Tillman, rather see him the DNP or even moore, we just are mismanaging everything.. Watson was bad yeah, but he had zero help from playcalling and the line. I think any QB would struggle.

Chubb injury is the worst one to a browns player in my lifetime. I don't think he recovers and probably retires. All eyes are going to be on berry right now to see what he does. Logical choice would be hunt but I wouldn't rule out making a trade for one either. While we are at it, can we trade for a pair of tackles that don't suck? Injuries galore and its always the hospital brothers ward and newsome. 100m for ward for like 3-4 games a year. We need better playmaking from the TE position, Bryant should be cut, akins is about as meh as you can get.. If you can't run the ball, you better have a plan to get your TE's involved. Despite all the BS that happened in the game we still had a shot to win and failed miserably. Coaching is holding this offense back drastically.. Its obvious to every fan, I can't believe its not to haslam. How does this team keep adding more $$ to offensive payroll yet the results aren't getting better, and in most cases going backwards..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
- Watson is still not up to speed (or maybe he's just trying to do too much or maybe he just sucks)
- I am sick for Nick Chubb
- Myles Garrett is NOT TJ Watt
- Kevin Stefanski is clueless and NO amount of talent will make him successful
- Minkah Fitzpatrick better hear from the league office (although I'm sure the Browns being the soft organization that they are won't say anything)
- Roger Goodell and his message about player safety are mere propaganda for any of the sheep willing to listen
- The NFL officials have no problem cheating since they answer to no one and it is sad

I just wonder if the Browns will ever get a fair shake from the league against one of the league darlings. My guess is no. Such high hopes after Week 1 and now look at what the Browns are staring at. What will Berry do at RB? Will Watson ever regain his form? Will someone higher up pull the play sheet from Stefanski? I guess all the fans can do is hope. For a miracle that is. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
It's somewhat mildly hysterical the halfwit Haslam's are on the hook for $230M for Watson. Unfortunately, the fans suffer the short of end of the stick...... yet again.

All Pro
All Pro
It's sad to say this but I've seen way worse.

Once Chubb went down the offense ceased to exist. I can't blame that on Watson but he sure as shooting didn't rise to the occasion. I really expect more out of an NFL quarterback than what he delivered. No running game exposes Watson to more pressure and that's all she wrote.

I would hope that they didn't let Kareen Hunt leave the stadium without a contract and a seat on the plane back to Ohio. Other options? I don't know. Didn't think I'd have to consider that one this year.

Nick Chubb was a great running back. But he's done now and that's the end of it. He needs to get surgery and the Browns need to move on somehow. He's going to be sorely missed in the next few months.

And to think I actually bought a subscription to Sunday Ticket this year. There's a sucker born every minute and most of them live in Ohio.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
O
Legend
Legend
O
I just don't understand how a QB with the proven track record of Watson can look so bad. Dude was mega-mediocre last season and was getting all the excuses in the world. Tonight he's in a perfect environment and played like trash. When he's not taking sacks like a rookie he's knee-capping his offense with penalties. And it wasn't even like his supporting cast was letting him down (except for that first play). I feel like his line and catchers did a pretty decent job.
He puts plays on tape where you see why they went and got him, but they're so sporadic. He's got like 2-3 awful plays for every good one. And I know it's just the fan in me talking right now, but he looks like he got his paycheck and he's checked out.

Credit where it's due.... Defense got punched in the gut and responded. Another stellar performance from them. Pickens ended up with some yards, a fluky (?) TD... but he's a bad man. Dline is definitely legit with the way they are able to shut down run game.

Harrison Bryant looked like a joke. In case you all didn't notice, he tried to do the same thing later on in the game (incompletion tipped up in the air near our endzone).

Jerome Ford has some big shoes to fill. I thought he had some good plays and definitely showed a bunch of fight.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Steelers didn't even run a play inside the 20 and they were 4/14 on third down. Watson walked into 6 sacks with terrible pocket presence and held onto the ball longer than anything I have seen.

This loss is on Watson.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

this hurts worse than the 6 picks we gave up for Watson

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Watson really doesn’t seem to be the guy. I think with all the other bizarre stuff swirling around tonight that’s my main takeaway. If he were the guy he would have shown more. What an absolute lame output from him. Just sad.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hunt won't be in NFL shape for weeks.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I can hear the laughter from Houston.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Everyone poo pooing DW need to realize, if he’s healthy he plays for like the next 4 years. FULLY GUARANTEED.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/19/23 12:28 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
its the curse of the alternate uniforms..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: EveDawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
Watson never drops back, plants his feet, and fires. It's because he doesn’t know what he's looking at. It was the same issue Mayfield had.

I can only guess that his athleticism is what enticed Berry and Stefanski.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
1. Micah Parsons
1a. TJ Watt
3. Myles Garrett

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I think a couple of things are in play here.

First, Watson was never as good as advertised.

Second, he appears to be damaged goods.

Third, Stefanski.

Fourth: The Haslams are losers. Zero top down culture. Just throwing money at the problem hoping something sticks.

Fifth: DePo is a loser. He's never reached the mountain top. He sells himself extremely well.

The Browns are loaded with people that fail upward.

Legend
Legend
Chubb’s injury is straight up devastating from any perspective that comes to mind.

And Deshaun Watson was trash tonight, from any perspective that comes to mind.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I have been in Watson's corner, but I don't know. He looked like every QB we have had since '99. Watching Chubb on the cart almost put tears in my eyes. 4 friggin turnovers, are you kidding me? Defense looked good, but Myles did nothing to make me think he is elite. 14 points by the Steelers defense, nuff said

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I recall the Houston Cleveland game in the year that Baker got hurt. I believe it was the second game of 2021.

Now to my eye Baker and Watson were similar. All things considered one was not better than another. Baker had better tools and the browns won.

Dropping coin and three first rounders on Watson took a lot of guts or was just plain stupid. Right now, it looks stupid.

I have rarely gone down the road of comparing Baker and Watson, but at this point I will say that they are comparable, which makes Baker the better value, given his contract, which was implausible for Cleveland at the time.

So draft choices included, Baker was the better value, ego, commercials and [censored] attitude aside.

I hope to be proven wrong.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

this hurts worse than the 6 picks we gave up for Watson

First of all, Mayfield played the Vikings (their defense has taken a big step back) and the Bears (who are hot garbage). If Baker can put together a win vs the Eagles, then ok. My point is, don't try to make it into us jettisoning this great QB. I thought Mayfield was good and was going to be the guy, but he's also not here for good reason.

That said, we could be getting similar/equivalent performance from Baker as we are Watson for way way way less. The fact we're even comparing him to Baker at this point is a joke.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: JimDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
First off, Stefanski has YET to call a good game this year. His play calling is all over the place.. We come out 5 wide on the first play and throw a ball to the TE... Second series we run Chubb, pick up 5 yards. Stefanski does not get that the Browns are a running team that sets up the pass.. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Second, Watson stunk. Holding the ball too long.. trying to captain run out the pocket or then running the ball too much... This was not a good game and he has to be better than that crap.

Third... Stop rubbing TJ Watts balls!!.. He is lined up on the RT of an offense. This game, he was lined up on a ROOKIE!!!... Just like last year. We are the ONLY TEAM that would leave a rookie on TJ Watt... BTW, lining up against the LT( unless that tackle is Willis) is a HARDER assignment!!.. Thats why LT gets the bigger bucks!

Our offense gave up 14pts.. the D balled out!!... How does Stefanski answer for that?? The offense had 3 fumbles... Watson holds the ball like a loaf of bread... Also, when is someone on the offense going to step up and tell the team we are scoring or just fire the team up???

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah thats what i feared when I saw that play.. that was more than just tendons the way that bent, Chubb has played his last down I'm afraid. No way you can look at that and tell me it wasn't a cheap hit... Pittsburgh saw what was in store for them tonight and acted.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by DaveyD

He went to the hospital as a precaution and already left.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Where do I start ...there is so much that went wrong. Craziest game I think I have ever watched. Watson isn't worth a fraction of what we gave for him. I think Thompson-Robinson would play better than Watson, but it's kinda hard to bench the guy you gave the world to. You would have to admit you made the worst trade in NFL history.

Injury to Chubb defines the rest of our season. Losing him was big and I swallowed my heart when I saw the injury. It may not only be season ending, it may be career ending since this is the second time for the same knee.

Defense didn't play as good as they did against Cincy which was disappointing. They did keep the Squeelers Offense at bay most of the game but that's not saying much cause the Squeelers offense sucks too. Myles Garrett showed up a couple of times but nothing like I would have expected against a division rival.

Need to contact Hunt ASAP. He is available and knows the system.

I still say Stefanski needs to turn the play calling over to someone else. he is terrible at it.

Two facemask calls against Watson hurt 2 possible game winning drives. Squeelers first defensive TD in the first 10 seconds of the game caused by Watson's crappy throw, if that hadn't have happened, we win the game. Last play of the game was a pass interference that wasn't called. Defender damn near ripped the jersey off but we have come to expect calls like that when playing the squeelers. They get by with a lot when they play anyone in the AFC North.

All in all we didn't play up tp our potential and it's gonna be a long season without Chubb driving the bus.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If someone doesn't take out Fitzpatrick in our next game they don't deserve to wear the uniform.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Browns defense gave up 12 points, by my count (doesn't take into account bad field position).

Steelers had a much better/cognizant game plan than Cinci did. They kept making attempts to run the ball, and Pickett was given pretty easy throws. I'd bet that like half their yardage came off that fluke Pickens TD.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by EveDawg

He went to the hospital as a precaution and already left.

Source?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Steelers 26 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard