Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
For crying out loud there have been rapists (Big Ben) and murderers (Ray Lewis) in the NFL. Watson was not even accused of those kind of crimes.

And do you remember what Browns fans said about that? Do you remember how disgusted we all were about that? Yet it is true that he "didn't rape them". Is that the way you deal with rationalizing it?

Everyone seemed to find teams that allowed such things sickening until the player involved put on a Browns uniform.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2029156 09/20/23 12:11 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
For crying out loud there have been rapists (Big Ben) and murderers (Ray Lewis) in the NFL. Watson was not even accused of those kind of crimes.

And do you remember what Browns fans said about that? Do you remember how disgusted we all were about that? Yet it is true that he "didn't rape them". Is that the way you deal with rationalizing it?

Everyone seemed to find teams that allowed such things sickening until the player involved put on a Browns uniform.

He was not charged with any crime. I see him as innocent of all charges. Because in this Country a man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That has not happened. I think the media hates him. I don't think players do.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
The physical talent is still clearly there.

We will see how long it takes him to get his composure back. It’s not impossible, since we seen Vick do it, and he actually went to prison.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, 24 women were lying and only watson is the beacon of truth. You do realize that Ben was never convicted of rape either. He also never faced any criminal charges. Yet you called him a rapist. Like I said, it's all about the uniform.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #2029163 09/20/23 12:26 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by GMdawg
The wrong one.

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin was asked about the Steelers poor offensive performance against the Browns defense...

Pittsburgh reporter asks Tomlin “You talked about getting the big play early, then you get the big play late. Coming off the game that you did, is that an okay recipe for you, get a couple of big plays and kind of hang on in between?” a reporter asked.

Mike Tomlin's response to the reporter: “We’re not gonna apologize for winning,” Tomlin said— no further comment.

TRANSLATION: if the Browns offense is so inept and willing to put together a game plan that benefits the Steelers, helping the Steelers WIN THE GAME...Tomlin will smile at Stefanski and the Browns Big Brass and say Thank You, “We’re not gonna apologize for winning,”

The Browns just gave away a game that they should have won...it wasn't the players who called to plays or put together game plan

It looks like the Browns might have fixed defense and it only took a broom to sweep out the bad coaches and leadership that contributed to last seasons POOR DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE.

Hopefully Haslam holds Stefanski and his staff of analytics experts to the same standard he established on the defensive side after the 2022/2023 season.

Teams that play STUPID FOOTBALL don't win in the NFL...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
another concern of mine: Watson seems to be really pressing and in his own head too. And that can keep continuing to spiral downwards. At some point we need him to make some big plays and gather some momentum

He's broken mentally. He's a villain. Something he has never dealt with before. Outside of Cleveland, in the NFL world, he is hated.

If he plays like trash against the Titans the boos will rain down in Browns stadium. Things could get bad fast.

His mechanics have not been good either.

We are witnessing worst case scenario with Watson. The Browns need a win Sunday to keep this from spiraling.

Not sure how much of this is true - it might all be spot on, it might be speculation that falls wide of the mark. I don't know.

He's made his own bed to a large extent. He did what he did both in terms of refusing to play for HOU and then getting addicted to 'massages' with 100 different 'therapists'. None of that is irredeemable - people have done worse and deserve a second chance. Look at our own Kareem Hunt. Look at how people overlook Jim Brown's troubled history of abuse. With Watson - in my eyes and opinion - he's shown zero remorse. He's shown zero accountabilty. So I would understand neutrals rooting against him and the angst shown to a superstar accused of something like that who then gets handed 250 million bucks gauranteed.

How much of all of that is in his head and causing his playing issues - again, IDK and I think it's just as likely that the fans and analysts who say a deep dive shows Watson was flattered with some of his stats and is who he is largely might just as easily be right.

I do know that when he played against CLE in a bad weather game he was horrendous. I do know a lot of Watson's highlight reel is him scrambling and making a play out of nothing - it's NOT drop back 5 steps and plant and hit a receiver in stride as he makes a cut.

We'll see what he is made of - and Stefanski - because things can and probably will turn ugly. Baker was hated by many for not winning when we had a trash, soft defense that couldn't hold onto a lead. We've now got what looks like a pretty special D if they stay helahty .... we don't need a game winning QB or OC ... we need a little averge, a little competance. It shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Last edited by mgh888; 09/20/23 02:10 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2029175 09/20/23 02:12 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

Last edited by PitDAWG; 09/20/23 02:14 PM.

#gmstrong
mac #2029181 09/20/23 02:52 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
if the Browns offense is so inept and willing to put together a game plan that benefits the Steelers, helping the Steelers WIN THE GAME...Tomlin will smile at Stefanski and the Browns Big Brass and say Thank You, “We’re not gonna apologize for winning,”

It wasn't the gameplan that lost the game, it was the turnovers. You people kill me

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The fans wanted Baker out of town so badly that we ended up with Watson.

Granted, if Baker acted like an adult during contract negotiations, he would still probably be QB1 in CLE.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I've seen enough, I want him out of here.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One thing is for sure. He definitely needs to learn how to stiff arm without grabbing the facemask.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Floquinho
I honestly don't want to continue to refer to his past history but his latest under pressure match moments behavior has similarites with his off the field behavior with all these women who, if I put it nicely, accused him of inappropriate behavior.

Either his thought process isn't good enough or when he's under stress he tend to make "dumb" decisions without value the consequences into consideration.

There're too many times where he has lost his composure for it to be a coincidence. Combine that with Stefanski's lack of leadership and Deshauns fully guarantee salary and you have a unmanageable situation with almost zero financial accountability and limited power to correct a unattainable leadership situation. Either we need a new HC with better leadersship skills or we sooner or later need to cut ties with a underperforming and highly overpaid franchise QB. I personally is much more in favor of letting Stefanski go than Watson but keeping both seems to not be the best way forward based on both past history.

All I know is that Jim Schwartz wouldn't let Watson get a way with his foolishness.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
if the Browns offense is so inept and willing to put together a game plan that benefits the Steelers, helping the Steelers WIN THE GAME...Tomlin will smile at Stefanski and the Browns Big Brass and say Thank You, “We’re not gonna apologize for winning,”

It wasn't the gameplan that lost the game, it was the turnovers. You people kill me

stueby...4 th down, 12 inches to go for a first down on the Pitt 43 yd line...what is the best play call to move the chains?

Is it best to have your QB take a 1yd step backward, away from the line of scrimmage as he reads the pitch man and when the QB sees that the pitch man is covered our QB now finds himself a yd further + the 12 inches he was away from the first down. Calling that play not only gave our QB a longer distance to make the first down but it gave the Pitt defense time to recover and read the play that Stefanski called.

...what might go wrong for the Browns calling an option play when they only needed 12 inches to make the first down..? There might be a fumble...OH WAIT...THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED and in the process of recovering the fumble, the Browns failed to get enough of a gain to make the first down.

Instead of our QB thinking about securing the snap and push ahead a foot or so to get the first down, our QB was forced to secure the snap, step a yd away from the line of scrimmage, read the pitch man and determine if he should pitch the ball or determine that the pitch man is covered, pull the ball back and now attempt to push forward toward the LOS that is now 4 ft away instead of the original 12 inches away from the 1st down.

Stefanski and his gang of analytics experts are just as responsible for that fumble as Watson. Anyone making such a play call...they need to be asked why they took something that should have been a simply play call and made that play 10 times more difficult than it needed to be.

mac #2029230 09/20/23 07:45 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I didn’t get the playcall either.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
mac #2029231 09/20/23 07:49 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pittsburgh was winning at the point of attack between our OL and their DL pretty much all game. You don't sneak it because they'd been getting penetration right up the middle fairly often. Plus, Pocic is a tall (6'6") center which can make it difficult to win leverage in short yardage situations/it's "easy" for defenders to get "under him." Teller can struggle with this at times as well. On the other hand, both have shown the ability to demolish people in space.

Watson just needs to hold onto the ball. But then, his hand was probably mangled from getting caught in facemasks.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

It was a number of things, including the gameplan and play calling.

If you have a QB who is struggling with almost every aspect of playing the position, and who is processing at a very slow level, you have to call plays and gameplan to help him speed things up. You call some screen and other quick hit plays to get him going, and to build his confidence.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
3 first round picks

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
so he's currently going scorched earth by blocking tons of CLE social media people ... this seems like deja vu

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
so he's currently going scorched earth by blocking tons of CLE social media people ... this seems like deja vu

lots of people do it. He needs to get his confidence back up not further down

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by lampdogg
3 first round picks

$230,000,000 doesn't buy what it used to.

Dude needs to start living up to the hype. He's got this Sunday to do so. Well, he actually has till the end of his contract, which truthfully, right now, can't come soon enough.

No more excuses.... NO MORE EXCUSES! Put up, or get out.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I just saw this as well. Any criticism getting blocked. Better to just go Zero Dark Thirty like Bron Bron. Bad headspace.

And then this from today...distractions.

A win on Sunday will go a long way. A loss....ugh.

Legend
Legend
exactly Milk ... better to just go dead silent. Nothing gets accomplished doing what he's doing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I gave Watson a bit of a pass last year because he had been out of the league for so long... first game he got a pass because of the weather.... zero pass this week... dude played like crap... he better turn it around against the Titans...

<><

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
I say this again because with a weak HC who doesn't fully know how to deal with big/cocky/weak/fragile egos there's a high possibility that complex personalites like Watson can become self-destructive if they can't fully manage internal and external expectations.

I can easily see a frozen and in the end a broken relationship between our new franchise QB and those coaches who's trying to hold him accountable and those who internally and externally criticize him too much. I don't think what happened in Houston was a isolated incident and irrational and self destructive behaviors often has a tendency to pop up again when the outside pressure mounts and your own picture of yourself doesn't match up with reality. Typical for talanted artists/musicians/athletes with low self esteem and fragile egoes who're not used to get rejected or to recieve negative critizismn.

Don't come afterwards and say that his history didn't warn us...

2nd String
2nd String
Looks like Watson got the money and got fat and happy.

He looks like he is phoning in his performance every week.

He disgusts me.

JimDawg #2029256 09/21/23 03:07 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by JimDawg
Looks like Watson got the money and got fat and happy.

He looks like he is phoning in his performance every week.

He disgusts me.

Chain of events:

Baker struggles - gets hurt - refuses to sit - Stefanski not strong enough to do what's in the team's best interest and sit him - Stefanski and Baker relationship degredates to the point of zero trust (that'd happen if you put your rookie 3rd strong RT 1 on 1 with TJ Watt in the last game of the season to 'protect' your injured QB - end of season announcements declare Baker is our guy but behind the sceenes Berry/Stefanski scrambling for a new QB - Watson appears to become available, he's an analytics guy's wet dream (anyone remember all those stats where Watson was alledgedly top 1-2-3 in the NFL during a season at HOU?) - I believe Berry sells Watson hard to Haslam, Haslam then makes his mind up to go hard for Watson - Watson says hell no to playing in cold and bad weather CLE - Haslam meets with Baker and petulant Baker pisses Haslam off enough to have Haslam tell Berry to do 'anything' to sign Watson. Ergo biggest and only fully gauranteed 5 years deal signed 230 Million.... So much positive PR about how Stefanski and Watson talked X's and O's and Stefanski was blown away with Watson's football knowledge and passion, Watson loving Stefanski's offensive philosiphies. . . . then all the bad press and more and more bad news and cases of allegations. The 11 game ban. The crap play on return. The whole offseason of more PR Spin about how amazing Watson is, how his passes just look different in training camp .... and then preseason which is more Poop. Then game 1 which was more Poop in constant drizzle/rain. The one of the worst performances by a QB I have ever seen by the time you throw in face masks, official shoving, and losing to a team in the 4th Q when you had a lead and your defense shut them down ....

I don't know that Watson is fat and happy. I actually think he's put the work in. I just think his time was 4 years ago and he ain't ever going to get close to that one season in HOU. CLE is left with a ridiculous contract for a well below average QB. The decision to move on from Baker was the right one given the relationship and Baker's immaturity. But there were other options that wouldn't set the team back 8-10 years.

Not sure why my mind went to the whole sequence when I saw your post saying he's fat and happy.... but there it is. my 2 cents in a paragraph and change.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: WSU Willie, Floquinho
O
Legend
Legend
O

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Two games into the season and the press are mighty ugly about Watson. He and Stefanski best right the ship this week before the protests start outside the stadium.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-sold-souls-sign-deshaun-074542871.html

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
PitDAWG #2029268 09/21/23 07:28 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Should the Browns Brass be held responsible for calling the play that resulted in the Watson fumble?

No, watson should be blamed for not securing the ball.

and missing wide open receivers, not seeing the field, and playing like a backup QB

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2 members like this: PrplPplEater, mgh888
GMdawg #2029272 09/21/23 08:23 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Should the Browns Brass be held responsible for calling the play that resulted in the Watson fumble?

and missing wide open receivers, not seeing the field, and playing like a backup QB

Remember when we discussed "character matters"?

Back when we picked Watson up, I and many others commented on how Character Matters... Well, lookey here, He doesn't want Cleveland then Cleveland dangles a $230 million guaranteed contract in front of him and he says, yeah, I'll take Cleveland...

Then he gets the money and when he finally gets to play, stinks the place up. But, he hadn't played in a while so give him a full camp and let's see how he does...

OK,, Full camp, gets his start, one helluva Defense to support him and what do we have? Now the excuse is, hey, it's early,, give him a few more starts.

Nobody would be happier than I if he returns to probowl status.

I just am not seeing it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
DW played poorly. It is that simple. He didn't protect the ball. He didn't come through with the game on the line.
He didn't act like a leader should. The face mask plays were inexcusable.

The Steelers defense deserves some credit. They were coached to knock the ball out and they did. They applied pressure all game. They never gave up on plays. The Steelers are a good defensive team.

All of the above does not mean "the end is near." There are fifteen games to play.

All the questions about DW will be answered as those games are played.

GMdawg #2029279 09/21/23 08:48 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

Who is responsible for getting his QB prepared for a game..?

That responsibility falls on Kevin Stefanski...

It was Kevin who called the option play that failed to get the 1st down when the offense needed only 12 INCHES for the first down.

What kind of Browns coach makes that play call..?

No doubt about the fact that it was Kevin Stefanski who called the failed TRIPLE OPTION PLAY ON 4th down and 12 inches to go for a 1st down.

Shouldn't Stefanski be held responsible for his poor offensive game plan..?

GMdawg #2029281 09/21/23 09:00 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by mac

I can’t find any other explanation than he hasn’t properly taking care of his body and that all his previous dodgy activities is starting to catch up to his consciousness with related symptoms like keeping concentration and focus.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Who is the Browns/Watson's QB coach..?

Anyone know..?

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
I say this again because with a weak HC who doesn't fully know how to deal with big/cocky/weak/fragile egos there's a high possibility that complex personalites like Watson can become self-destructive if they can't fully manage internal and external expectations.

I can easily see a frozen and in the end a broken relationship between our new franchise QB and those coaches who's trying to hold him accountable and those who internally and externally criticize him too much. I don't think what happened in Houston was a isolated incident and irrational and self destructive behaviors often has a tendency to pop up again when the outside pressure mounts and your own picture of yourself doesn't match up with reality. Typical for talanted artists/musicians/athletes with low self esteem and fragile egoes who're not used to get rejected or to recieve negative critizismn.

Don't come afterwards and say that his history didn't warn us...

I've often thought the same thing. A individual's personality does not change much. Watson needs to stop thinking of himself and put the team first. We need better ball security, avoid the sideline fighting, the stupid facemask calls, get the ball out quick and stop looking for big chunk plays, your deep pass is not accurate. I want to see less selfish game Sunday. Go BROWNS!

Cleats #2029289 09/21/23 09:32 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Cleats...Who does Watson answer to...who is his QB COACH..?

mac #2029291 09/21/23 09:46 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
DePodesta.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
DePodesta.

memp...given the play of Watson so far this season, your answer makes perfect sense... wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

I can’t find any other explanation than he hasn’t properly taking care of his body and that all his previous dodgy activities is starting to catch up to his consciousness with related symptoms like keeping concentration and focus.

rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: jfanent, MemphisBrownie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If your pass catchers don't make plays, the QB will look bad. Turnovers killed us. It started on the first pass. Bryant has gotta catch that ball. If he's not going to, he shouldn't be on the field.

It's hard to avoid the sense of inevitable doom when you take a metaphorical gut punch right away and the hits just keep on coming. Especially with the weight of history, particularly with this team and in that building. It has the opposite effect on the other side. They can feed off of it. We got the life sucked out of us and they got pumped up.

If Bryant catches that ball, who knows how it changes the complexion of the game. That's football, though. Things can turn on one play.

Having said that, It wasn't just one thing that caused us to lose. It was a lot of mistakes by a lot of different people that need to get cleaned up.

I feel somewhat better after watching the all-22. Watson did have some nice throws. The facemasks and fumbles we've got to get rid of, but I don't think he's a lost cause.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: bonefish
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard