Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2029527 09/22/23 06:29 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just to show that the DOJ doesn't really care who does what... If you break the law, they come for you.

Biden doesn't care either.

So, Trump entire BS that this is weaponization is just another lie.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-bob-menendez-indicted-federal-charges-rcna111447

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Common sense among MAGA Gopers is non existent. So expectations on them understanding a simple concept like that goes straight out the window.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
As I said in another thread, finally a story with a little meat on the bone. There was actual evidence involved that looks damning. Enough actual evidence to get an indictment. A case which no matter your party affiliation or political leanings I believe people are willing to see it and understand that gravity of it. Not try to blame it on politics, make excuses, try to cast shade in the other direction without such evidence as a form of distraction for what he did. It would be nice to see more of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
As I said in another thread, finally a story with a little meat on the bone. There was actual evidence involved that looks damning. Enough actual evidence to get an indictment. A case which no matter your party affiliation or political leanings I believe people are willing to see it and understand that gravity of it. Not try to blame it on politics, make excuses, try to cast shade in the other direction without such evidence as a form of distraction for what he did. It would be nice to see more of that.

Without a doubt, it looks like they got him....Worst part is he got away with it in I think 2018 or something like that. I guess he thought he could do it again.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Dude's been crooked as a dog's hind leg for years. It was only a matter of time.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Resign plz

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope he drags it out until after the 2024 elections, then steps down only after his seat is safely in the democrats column. Why should we rush to push out a D vote when we see what the red team allows? I know I know, we have a sense of morality and dignity, but at this point in time, maybe we should relax those strict standards to keep from being our own undoing. I think he should go too, but my focus is on the bigger picture until Trump is no longer a threat.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/24/23 12:14 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because if you're going to claim how disgusted you are they do it, you shouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I hope he drags it out until after the 2024 elections, then steps down only after his seat is safely in the democrats column. Why should we rush to push out a D vote when we see what the red team allows? I know I know, we have a sense of morality and dignity, but at this point in time, maybe we should relax those strict standards to keep from being our own undoing. I think he should go too, but my focus is on the bigger picture until Trump is no longer a threat.

this level of thinking is no better than corrupt Republicans.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Something we finally agree on.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Nah bro this ain’t it. I love fighting with fire as much as the next guy, but not when it comes to elected officials committing crimes. There’s a line.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree with you. It's sickening what's going on with the R side of things and Trump's numerous indictments, but we sure as hell don't want a slippery slope.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
I agree with you all as well. But the slippery slope ship has sailed down a steep double black diamond slope and disappeared in the distance leaving only dust in their wake on the right side of that slippery slope. You know like George Santos and company. And you know what Goper’s would say if the aging Biden froze like Mitch not once but twice.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it would most likely be more accurate to say we shouldn't follow down the slippery slope that has been put in place by the right.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah bringing a knife to a gun fight is what democrat liberals usually do. Lying down and taking it while the MAGA Gopers drag our democracy right down the NAZi path. Liberals are acting like the Jews in Germany. “This opposition leadership won’t last and we’ll be free again. No need to fight it.”

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

Nah bro this ain’t it. I love fighting with fire as much as the next guy, but not when it comes to elected officials committing crimes. There’s a line.

Yes, there is a line for the left. And removing him will give the right equal seats on the senate if a GOPer fills his seat. So, all of you would rather hurry up and rid ourselves of Mendez thereby giving a possible Trump presidency a super majority? SMH. I think fighting the fascist right is more important than when he gets his. Is Santos still a congressman? Damn right he is, because the right doesn’t care about anything but destroying our democracy. So, y’all should think things thru before you jump IMO.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're saying the consequences of him leaving would mean there would be an election? You do realize that the odds of him being reelected with these criminal indictments are slim to none and the Dems would be much better off running a different candidate anyway, right?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, an appointment would be made. The Governor will fill his seat until the end of his term or until a special election depending on the State. Then there will be an election.

The current governor is a dem, but that’s no guarantee he will appoint a dem. I wouldn’t trust a dem like Manchin to appoint a dem…

And I have no idea when his term ends, so I was only talking 2024, because I don’t want to give Trump any edge in any way.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/25/23 02:08 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So it's your contention then that a governor that was elected as a democrat might risk ruining his political future by naming a Republican to take over that seat? I'm just curios and want to make sure that's your actual contention here because if that's what you're indicating I don't see that as making any sense at all.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So you're saying the consequences of him leaving would mean there would be an election? You do realize that the odds of him being reelected with these criminal indictments are slim to none and the Dems would be much better off running a different candidate anyway, right?

Yes he’d loose the next election if he runs. But why should he step down now? He’s pleaded not guilty, Innocent until proven guilty as they say on the right. The Gopers have given us a boat load shady candidates proven unfit and none are going anywhere. The leading republican for potus has been indicted in several states and is out on bail waiting trial and isn’t going anywhere. Fair s fair …. You know what they say..whats good for the goose

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Do you know the NJ governor? I don’t. And right now I don’t trust any politician to do the RIGHT thing. Do you think Manchin or Sinema (supposed dems) as governors would appoint a dem?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/25/23 02:20 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you are making an accusation about a what if scenario that might happen which politically makes no sense based on a governor you know nothing about? Once again, logic dictates a a governor that was elected as democrat appointing a republican to fill his seat is political suicide. Maybe you can come up with something that makes more sense than that which is better than, "You don't know him and neither do I".

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're reasoning is "Well little Johnnie did it!"

When you start doing everything the republicans do that you think is wrong, you become the same as the republicans. For me that's not a very good excuse to do the wrong thing.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I agree with you all as well. But the slippery slope ship has sailed down a steep double black diamond slope and disappeared in the distance leaving only dust in their wake on the right side of that slippery slope. You know like George Santos and company. And you know what Goper’s would say if the aging Biden froze like Mitch not once but twice.

I think most objective people have seen the slope the GOP has created, which is why the GOP has gotten its ass handed to it for the most part since '16. My hope is that it happens again in 2024. At that point, Trump will be pretty much done and/or in jail. Fingers crossed for a renaissance on that side of the aisle, but one thing at a time.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't see any rational reason why Phil Murphy would nominate a Republican. In fact, Menendez stepping down and Phil likely putting a Democrat in place would - in my mind - be the best case scenario for the Dems, who once again would show themselves in a much better light to objective voters.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I don't see any rational reason why Phil Murphy would nominate a Republican. In fact, Menendez stepping down and Phil likely putting a Democrat in place would - in my mind - be the best case scenario for the Dems, who once again would show themselves in a much better light to objective voters.

Stop making sense! saywhat

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Why risk it is all I’m saying. Mendez will face his offenses in court in due time. Remember when we ousted Al Franken?

Legend
Legend
He pleaded not guilty in this case. He has a legal right. He is innocent until proven guilty. Stepping down is basically admitting guilt. I don’t expect him to step down. As much as we hate it, Fair is fair. Innocent until proven guilty.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Fair is fair. I don't want anyone who has been criminally indicted to be a government official. And I don't care which party they belong to. We've actually seen the pictures of 500k and gold bars in his home. Anyone who has bothered to look knows there's a mountain of evidence against him. There is not only the question of guilt or innocence here, there's the question of ethics. Or the total and utter lack there of in this case.

And I know ethics doesn't mean as much to some people as it used to. That still doesn't mean it shouldn't. IMO- not removing him now will hurt more than it helps come election time.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Centrists, PFFT.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Extremist view. "We don't think trump is fit to be president because of his criminal indictments but we think Menendez should remain in office." Hypocrisy.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don’t think trump is fit because he’s a fascist authoritarian would-be dictator and a traitor who has said he will end our institutions if reelected. He absolutely plans to end our democracy. But hey, smoke that centrist ish all you want there PIT. But I’m done with your petty ass attack for today. So kick rocks.

Legend
Legend
So what? we’ve seen violent insurrection live on tv and that’s not stopping Goper’s pal.

As much as we all hate it. The law is the law. Menendez has a legal leg to stand on and he’s not going to step down period. He pleaded not guilty so he’ll take to the courts. Face the facts.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Doesn't matter if he steps down now. The governor of NJ is a Dem. He'll appoint a Dem as a replacement.

Kinda what can happen in Kentucky if Mitch can't remain in office.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree with you. It's sickening what's going on with the R side of things and Trump's numerous indictments, but we sure as hell don't want a slippery slope.

Don't?

That's funny.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He pleaded not guilty in this case. He has a legal right. He is innocent until proven guilty. Stepping down is basically admitting guilt. I don’t expect him to step down. As much as we hate it, Fair is fair. Innocent until proven guilty.

I'm struggling to reconcile what you're saying here with your tenor in the various Trump threads...

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Don't?

That's funny.

Huh?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm struggling to reconcile what you're saying here with your tenor in the various Trump threads...

Obviously we can see what tenor being used is a direct result of which party is involved. And that's just sad.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Why? It’s pretty simple. Precedents have been set. Why should a different set of rules now apply to Dems?

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Set by whom? You allow the rules and morals to be set by someone else, or do you take ownership over how you look at things?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sen Bob Menendez indicted

Link Copied to Clipboard