Next Thread
Print Thread
#2030931 09/27/23 03:11 PM
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
The Bengals v Titans game should be interesting. Tenn coming off a road loss. Bengals coming off a home win. Bengals looking like they’re recapturing some of their offensive prowess. The Titans D trying to prove they’re legit. Henry just had a bad day at the office. He’ll be looking to get that taste out of his mouth.
It’ll be a good look at the Bengals, comparing what they do against what we just did.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Henry hasn't actually had a good day at the office this year. He was averaging less than 4 yards per carry going into the game against the Browns. While I love watching big bruising backs like Henry play the game, it takes a huge toll on the body. I'm beginning to believe that's catching up to him. It may be reaching the time and point in his career that the only times we see him having a really good day at the office is against weak and porous run defenses.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
From what we've seen, they're both going to give up early in the 4th. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
jfanent #2030939 09/27/23 04:54 PM
Legend
Legend
haha good point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Atlanta has a bad QB problem

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Please stop showing Taylor Swift.

Rishuz #2032043 10/01/23 08:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Hold on! O/U is 6.5... I took the over.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
Legend
Legend
mahomes with 2 picks in one half ... Jets hanging around

Rishuz #2032060 10/01/23 10:27 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz

It's nauseating... ended up turning the game off partly because I can't stand either team but partly because I got sick on how often they showed her...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
mahomes with 2 picks in one half ... Jets hanging around

If he'd keep doing that and only complete passes to Kelce otherwise, it'd be great. lol

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
3 members like this: JimDawg, EveDawg, YTownBrownsFan
E
Legend
Legend
E
I would hate to be a Chiefs fan and have to hear about swift every fn game.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #2032073 10/02/23 07:11 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I would love to be a Chiefs fan.

Legend
Legend
Chiefs win a weird game ... Jets have such a good roster minus the QB and OL spots.

I don't think the Chiefs will win it all though .. their offense isn't consistent enough and Mahomes has to basically be the hero w/Kelce each week

O
Legend
Legend
O
The NFL spotlighting Swift is leaving some fans butt sore. I wonder why?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
The NFL spotlighting Swift is leaving some fans butt sore. I wonder why?

... they're trying to watch football?

Fiercely Independent.
Squires #2032167 10/02/23 12:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
TSS Taylor Swift Syndrome

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Giants look awful

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Take the over on camera showing Taylor Swift for the next game....

M
Legend
Legend
M
This game is horrific.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Take the over on camera showing Taylor Swift for the next game....

Where exactly do these numbers come from?

Just seems a bit weird how they can specify age and sex.

Honestly even viewership numbers in general are kind of hard to see where they are coming from. Like, how do they know who is actually watching an over the air signal? I wouldn't think a passive antenna would be sending anything back.

Anyone know the actual science?

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Ive never seen a worse OL than the Giants

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Honestly even viewership numbers in general are kind of hard to see where they are coming from. Like, how do they know who is actually watching an over the air signal? I wouldn't think a passive antenna would be sending anything back.

I don't know what is actually being used, but it's fairly easy to think about how I'd do it.

No, OTA signal cannot be tracked, BUT, most all TV's these days that can decode an HD OTA signal are also internet capable, and the decoder/receiver could easily send a single packet back to something saying which station just got tuned in. The signal being pulled in includes the channel and station call sign (WEWS, KNBC, etc..), so you can easily anonymously capture market and station/show name. You also have the time they tuned in and the time they changed the station, so you can track to the second how long they watched. Additionally, you have geolocating for all internet service providers. It's how Google Maps can know almost exactly where I'm browsing from when I want to map a route to another location. With that, they have a TON of data available that they can tie to it.... such as every device that regularly connects to the internet from that location, what sites they visit, etc... so, from that, you can make relatively intelligent inferences of who is watching.

Next, you have those that are streaming to their phones/tablets/mobile devices. They know who the device belongs to, and with that, they know LOTS of demographic data.

Lastly, all data you send and receive is open to passive, anonymous monitoring/reading/parsing. This is how Facebook and Google and others serve you advertisements for things you just talked to your friend about, but you never searched for. It would be easy to filter for conversations where device owners are female and under 18 are texting/talking about seeing Taylor Swift.

Yes. You ARE being monitored on this level. ALWAYS.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

I don't know what is actually being used, but it's fairly easy to think about how I'd do it.

No, OTA signal cannot be tracked, BUT, most all TV's these days that can decode an HD OTA signal are also internet capable, and the decoder/receiver could easily send a single packet back to something saying which station just got tuned in. The signal being pulled in includes the channel and station call sign (WEWS, KNBC, etc..), so you can easily anonymously capture market and station/show name. You also have the time they tuned in and the time they changed the station, so you can track to the second how long they watched. Additionally, you have geolocating for all internet service providers. It's how Google Maps can know almost exactly where I'm browsing from when I want to map a route to another location. With that, they have a TON of data available that they can tie to it.... such as every device that regularly connects to the internet from that location, what sites they visit, etc... so, from that, you can make relatively intelligent inferences of who is watching.

Next, you have those that are streaming to their phones/tablets/mobile devices. They know who the device belongs to, and with that, they know LOTS of demographic data.

Lastly, all data you send and receive is open to passive, anonymous monitoring/reading/parsing. This is how Facebook and Google and others serve you advertisements for things you just talked to your friend about, but you never searched for. It would be easy to filter for conversations where device owners are female and under 18 are texting/talking about seeing Taylor Swift.

Yes. You ARE being monitored on this level. ALWAYS.

See this makes sense. I don't think it's actually how they do it, though.

I did some digging. It seems they use something called "people meters" which they provide to "random samples." They actually used to basically get and receive self reported written "tv diaries" from selected homes and extrapolate from that.

I still tend to run Internet through secondary devices rather than the TV itself, and bypass them for OTA broadcasts, which is what I was mainly trying to figure out/had in my mind. And by "still" I mean when I actually had OTA broadcasts to watch. Well, actually do have smart tvs now, but still haven't entirely shifted over in my brain.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Yes, everything used to be done by way of Nielsen Ratings, but that has progressively died off with the advent of the internet age.
I'm sure it is still in use, but I don't think its adoption rate is anywhere near as high as it used to be.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Nielsen is still kicking -- they just sent me a crisp $5 bill last year!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 Ravens 28 Other Games…

Link Copied to Clipboard