Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Going undefeated and not making it is criminal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At least we'll get to see Michigan get bounced right out of the gate.

2 members like this: jfanent, RememberMuni
Legend
Legend
yeah, glad about that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by cle23
Claiming the victim..... still.

Show where I'm claiming victim? You have no argument so you just spout off nonsense. If you show any evidence or reports that go against the ones I posted, please show them.

Common sense escapes you. Nobody is going to steal those signs and then keep them in their back pocket. Your claim seems to be he just did it for the sake of doing it with nothing to be gained by the team and not to use them to their advantage. No rational thinking person would believe that. But then we have those who try and dismiss common sense.

Your contention is Harbaugh has been under suspension twice this year and is squeaky clean. I'm not even sure you hear yourself. Speaking of spouting nonsense.

Apparently basic reading escapes you.

I never said the signs weren't used. It all depends on if the coaches knew HOW Stallions acquired the signs. Sign stealing is legal, but only in certain ways. Stallions admitted to getting signs from recording and replaying TV coverage BEFORE the in person scouting. And recording and getting the signs via TV is COMPLETELY within the rules. My point has been that Stallions appears to be a bit loony, so if he had it in his mind that this would move him up the ladder quickly by making himself seems like a scouting savant, that may have been his motivation. That, coupled wit the reports that the NCAA doesn't have evidence tying Harbaugh to the scheme, at least leaves open the possibility that Stallions was acting rogue. Stallions had eyes on the head coaching position and was already trying to set up a staff for years down the road.

I also very clearly stated that I doubt Harbaugh is squeaky clean. No division 1 coach is and I am sure Harbaugh isn't some exception.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
based on odds, Alabama will be out
Afraid you are WRONG!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Apologies to Jimdawg and Ballpeen. I had too much Barley water last night and my emotions got the best of me. I don’t like fighting with my Dawgtalkers brethren.
The SEC doesn’t suck. I can see Bama getting the nod over Florida State. - Considering FSU’s qb situation.

No worries and no apology necessary. It's all good on my end.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: RememberMuni
P
Legend
Legend
P
I also very clearly stated that I doubt Harbaugh is squeaky clean. No division 1 coach is and I am sure Harbaugh isn't some exception.

What a bunch of hogwash. The cheapest form of rationalization one can possibly use. Try again. Two suspensions in one year!

Yeah, sure, he's just like everyone else. rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dateline Ann Arbor Michigan

Sources have confirmed that Jim Harbaugh flew into a fit of rage when he reached into his playbook today only to find that he had all of Florida States signs while Michigan will be facing Alabama. naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

Sources have confirmed that Jim Harbaugh flew into a fit of rage when he reached into his playbook today only to find that he had all of Florida States signs while Michigan will be facing Alabama. naughtydevil

LOL..that's pretty funny.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Cleaning in the basement and listening to the radio. Nothing but controversy. Caller after caller. College football moving to a 12 team playoff is so long overdue. Next season will be one of the best that we’ve ever seen.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And now this....

After FSU snub, Florida's AG launches antitrust probe against the College Football Playoff selection committee

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody said she wants answers about why the undefeated Florida State Seminoles were left out of the four-team playoff.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports...robe-college-football-playoff-rcna129423

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Now that's wise use of taxpayer funds.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's all the rage these days. If you don't like it, investigate it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
Now that's wise use of taxpayer funds.

If it was just the football, I think I'd agree with your sentiment. But, the financial impacts on the schools/regions involved is significant. I don't know what to think any more. If there was a discussion of this team is more deserving, but this other team will make ("us"/the networks, etc) more money and they went with the more money, that's problematic.

It'd be like the government awarding contracts to the company offering the most kickbacks rather than the one able to most effectively get the job done.

Is it about the sport? Or about the money? If it's about the money, that's "fine," but they should at least be transparent about it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Turns out, they beat Alabama anyway. Awfully quiet here in the college football thread the last couple weeks!

Legend
Legend
What's there to talk about?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
We should be kissing Xichigan's butt so the five fans on this board get their pound of flesh.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by jfanent
What's there to talk about?

The entire playoff? As soon as the teams were announced, quite a few people talking crap about Michigan getting bounced right away. There is typically a lot of discussion this time of year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only you and a few more think cheaters should be congratulated and rewarded.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Maybe.... nobody cares if the cheaters win. What's to discuss besides their sweetheart deal with the NCAA?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Well, maybe we should give them their due. The cheatin' hairball did win more natty's than Saint Bo.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The entire playoff? As soon as the teams were announced, quite a few people talking crap about Michigan getting bounced right away. There is typically a lot of discussion this time of year.

Michigan clearly had the best roster and that’s why they won. The only team that even challenged them this year was Ohio State. The Bama score shouldn’t have been as close as it was. And if Hairball would have stuck to the running game, the Washington score wouldn’t have been as close as it was - and it was still a blowout. As a Buckeye fan, I have zero qualms with whatever cheating that occurred. This one goes to Michigan, no questions asked in my book. I can’t believe that it’s their first outright tittle since ‘47. Crazy.
However, going forward, Ol’ Blue will fall off the map come next year. Hairball is gone to the NFL - foregone conclusion according to the local media. And blue had the 15th ranked recruiting class. So, the rivalry will definitely be tilting, but at least it is back to being a rivalry.

On another note… is Saban heading back to the NFL or is he done altogether?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Michigan clearly had the best roster and that’s why they won. The only team that even challenged them this year was Ohio State. The Bama score shouldn’t have been as close as it was. And if Hairball would have stuck to the running game, the Washington score wouldn’t have been as close as it was - and it was still a blowout. As a Buckeye fan, I have zero qualms with whatever cheating that occurred. This one goes to Michigan, no questions asked in my book. I can’t believe that it’s their first outright tittle since ‘47. Crazy.
However, going forward, Ol’ Blue will fall off the map come next year. Hairball is gone to the NFL - foregone conclusion according to the local media. And blue had the 15th ranked recruiting class. So, the rivalry will definitely be tilting, but at least it is back to being a rivalry.

On another note… is Saban heading back to the NFL or is he done altogether?

Saban is just retiring. He is 72, and honestly seemed worn down the last year or so when I've seen him. 7 National Titles between Alabama (6) and LSU (1). Nothing more to prove.

As for the Michigan statement. Why does anything that has happened mean Michigan is going to "fall off the map?" Michigan hasn't been at the top of recruiting this entire time. They've done well for sure, but they have developed 3 and 4 star guys, not lined their roster with 5 stars. 2019 ranking was 10th. 2020 was 12th. 2021 was 13th. 2022 was 12th. 2023 was 20th. None of that mattered. It would be hard to replace Harbaugh, for sure. But Sherrone Moore looks to be a very good candidate to replace him. If not, the number 1 coach I hear linked is Kalen DeBoer, the guy who just had a team in the nation championship that was 4-8 2 seasons ago.

Michigan also returns a lot of defense. They lose a lot for sure, especially on offense, but they could also return McCarthy and Donovan Edwards as well. And one place they have excelled at recruiting is the O-Line. Their D-Line is elite, and a lot of them starters were sophomores. In my probably biased opinion, Mason Graham is the best defensive lineman in all of college football, and he will return.

What makes OSU suddenly better? They lose a lot as well, and have done well in transfers so far, but there is still a huge question mark at QB, and at O-Line.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Hardly generic news. No question he is one of the very top college coaches of all-time and one of the very few schools at top of the college football list. History alone might make the very top college job, all respect due to the 3-4 other schools that would be in the running for that designation.

Bama becomes the top job available. However, those are big shoes to fill, and it isn't easy filling those shoes. After Bear Bryant retired, Stalling did a good job, but it took the program a decade or more before getting Saban.

It will be interesting to see how Bama responds to the news.

If I had to guess on a replacement, maybe Dan Lanning. He was a solid SEC guy at Georgia and has done a good job as head coach at Oregon. Maybe dabo Sweeney. He is a Bama alum and look to be ready to move on from Clemson. Lane Kiffin might be a darkhorse.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Your HC was suspended twice this year for clear violations to give his team a competitive advantage. Own it. The truth will set you free.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Your HC was suspended twice this year for clear violations to give his team a competitive advantage. Own it. The truth will set you free.

https://apnews.com/article/ncaa-michigan-baker-f3812a0dc88d1f0814aaf252b992a979

NCAA President disagrees

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're talking about that one game and not how they got there. From your own link.....

"The NCAA sign-stealing investigation is likely to last many more months. Michigan has not yet received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, formally detailing the accusations, and will have 90 days to respond once it does. A hearing in front of the infractions committee would need to be scheduled after that."

None of this is over. The BIG 10 decided they cheated and the NCAA has not concluded its investigation.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

He was suspended once for the sign stealing, and even then, the Big 10 and NCAA didn't have direct evidence that Harbaugh was tied to it. He was suspended as the leader of the program. The other was for a recruiting violation 2 years ago.

Also, that all ended in early October or before. So what's the excuse the rest of the season? Won all their games after, with 5 of their last 6 against ranked teams, with no sign stealing at all. And you ignored what most of my post was about. Muni saying Michigan will "fall off the map." That's a bunch of wishful thinking. Not saying a step back isn't possible with a lot of the leaders graduating. Day isn't half the coach Meyer was, and OSU didn't "fall off the map."

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only excuses being made is trying to excuse the fact that Michigan cheated and Hairball was suspended for it. That and the NCAA is still investigating his cheating. As I've said before, Michigan's once proud fan base has been reduced to making excuses why their team cheats. Oh the humanity.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You're talking about that one game and not how they got there. From your own link.....

"The NCAA sign-stealing investigation is likely to last many more months. Michigan has not yet received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, formally detailing the accusations, and will have 90 days to respond once it does. A hearing in front of the infractions committee would need to be scheduled after that."

None of this is over. The BIG 10 decided they cheated and the NCAA has not concluded its investigation.

I'm not a Michigan fan but the NCAA President stated that Michigan won fair and square and that the allegations had no impact on the season. So, Michigan and Harbaugh may still be found in some kind of violation. But it will not impact the results of this season according to the President of the NCAA.

As far as Ryan Day. He is still on 3rd base. If you cannot win with a talent like Harrison good luck in the future.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you're having trouble identifying when the NCAA is having a cover your ass moment.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think you're having trouble identifying when the NCAA is having a cover your ass moment.

They caught North Carolina in a grade changing scandal. No probation and no vacated National Title.

They caught Kansas in the Adidas scandal and no probation and no vacated National Title.

They will do nothing to Michigan either. The statement by Charlie Baker in days after the NC game already refers to that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I don't think you realized it, you are only helping to make my point. The NCAA has never held teams feet to the fire for the things they've done and they're not about to start now. That doesn't change the fact they should have then and should now. That's why teams continue to cheat. They know the punishment won't fit the crime and all they will get is a slap on the wrist. Like I said, the NCAA covers its own ass and they're doing it yet again.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
While I don't think you realized it, you are only helping to make my point. The NCAA has never held teams feet to the fire for the things they've done and they're not about to start now. That doesn't change the fact they should have then and should now. That's why teams continue to cheat. They know the punishment won't fit the crime and all they will get is a slap on the wrist. Like I said, the NCAA covers its own ass and they're doing it yet again.

And you continue to make up scenarios with no evidence. You are now trying to cover your own ass in case the NCAA comes out and says that it was isolated to Stallions and that it wasn't some wide scale operation. I don't know which it is. I am going by all the reports I have seen that say there is no evidence that Harbaugh had knowledge of the situation.

No one denies that something happened, and that there should be some kind of punishment involved. Past saying Stallions was involved, it's all hearsay at this point. If they find evidence that it was all directed, then Harbaugh and Michigan will be punished accordingly. It would all depend on the degree and how widespread it was, I would assume.

And again, you replied with a bunch of random crap that my original post to Muni didn't even allude to. You don't discuss that, you just attack.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They didn't say that. Try again. Here is what they said. I already quoted it above......

Had they already have reached a conclusion, the investigation would be continuing for months. Say it slowly..... T H E Y C H E A T E D.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
They didn't say that. Try again. Here is what they said. I already quoted it above......

Had they already have reached a conclusion, the investigation would be continuing for months. Say it slowly..... T H E Y C H E A T E D.

Do you even read what others say before your nonsense responses? I never claimed the NCAA said anything in regards to the investigation. They won't until they are complete. I said all reports in regards to the investigation say that to this point, there is no evidence linking Harbaugh to sign stealing. And I even said if they do find evidence, I'm sure more punishment will be levied out.

Your response to others is, if the NCAA decides not to dish out more punishment, it's just because they're trying to cover their own ass, not because they possibly didn't find any evidence.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Cle, It will be interesting to see what happens if Harbaugh goes to San Diego - they have the fifth pick in the draft. Do you think Harbaugh wold take JJ there and trade Herbert?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Cle, It will be interesting to see what happens if Harbaugh goes to San Diego - they have the fifth pick in the draft. Do you think Harbaugh wold take JJ there and trade Herbert?

I don't think there's a chance. I love McCarthy, but he isn't Herbert. At least not yet. And Herbert's contract would prevent that as well. If Harbaugh jumps to the NFL, he'd be dumb to NOT go to the Chargers (LA, not San Diego anymore). Franchise QB, good offense, and a good but underachieving defense, and a high draft pick. Plus, back to the west coast where he was for so long.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
“San Diego” 😆 and it’s still the Oakland Raiders, California Angels, it’s still Gund Arena, Municipal Stadium and on and on. My God, I’ve turned into my father. 😂

2 members like this: FATE, cle23
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Generic College Football Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard