DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Generic College Football Discussion - 09/30/23 09:23 PM
Don't see a team win 33-14 too often when they only have 69 passing yards. Kentucky's RB, Ray Davis, went for 280 rushing yards and 3 TDs on the ground, along with having the only receiving TD (1 catch for 9 yards) for his team.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 09/30/23 10:03 PM
3I to I4 and only sixty nine pass yards?
sounds like a Carlos Snow Rb, Ohio state late season win over Ill? circa nineteen eighty nine,
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 09/30/23 11:05 PM
that TE for Georgia is legit
Posted By: Squires Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 10/01/23 02:02 AM
ole miss/lsu Ole Miss fans tried to pull a Browns by throwing beer cans onto the field after a bad call. The last 12 seconds of the game felt like an eternity to play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 10/01/23 02:43 AM
duke trying for an upset here
Oh goodness ....... crazy

Colorado's Pat Shurmur to take over play-calling duties as Deion Sanders, Buffs look for spark, per reports - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...anders-buffs-look-for-spark-per-reports/

Colorado is handing over offensive play-calling duties to analyst Pat Shurmur as opposed to offensive coordinator Sean Lewis running the show for Saturday's game against Oregon State, according to multiple reports. Shurmur and Lewis will serve as co-offensive coordinators with Shurmur calling the plays and assisting with the offensive line, according to ESPN. Colorado will have to demote an assistant coach so that Shurmur can be elevated from analyst to full-time coach.

Shurmur has extensive experience as both a head coach and offensive coordinator at the NFL level. Prior to joining Colorado's staff in the offseason, he served as offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos from 2020-21. That came after a two-year stint as coach of the New York Giants. Shurmur has also been the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. He coached collegiately at Michigan State and Stanford before making the jump to the NFL in 1999.

As for Lewis, he was seen as a home-run hire when Colorado coach Deion Sanders convinced him to leave his head-coaching position at Kent State to take over as Buffaloes offensive coordinator. He also holds the title of quarterbacks coach, working with star signal-caller -- and Deion's son -- Shedeur Sanders.

Buffs looking for a spark
This move comes amid a rough skid for the Buffaloes. They've lost their last two games and four out of their last five after starting the season 3-0 and working their way into the AP Top 25. Colorado is coming off a loss to UCLA in which it managed just 16 points, its second-lowest scoring total of the season.

Three weeks ago, the Buffaloes scored 43 in a loss to Stanford where they had just a single touchdown in the second half while allowing the Cardinal to erase a 29-0 halftime deficit and roar back for a win in overtime. Colorado has had to put a lot on Shedeur Sanders' shoulders. The Buffaloes are averaging 330 passing yards per game, good for third-best in the Pac-12, but their rushing offense is dead last in the conference with a meager 78.6 yards per game.

Sanders averages almost 44 pass attempts per game while Colorado's running backs get about 31 combined carries each contest. Sanders is also the most sacked quarterback at the power conference level, as opponents have brought him down in the backfield 42 times.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/04/23 02:42 PM
Why not? Pat is a good coach.
Passable, at best.

He may keep Sanders from being completely obliterated at QB, but a good coach? I think he is fair, at best.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/04/23 02:59 PM
Many great college coaches have stunk it up in the NFL. Saban, Spurrier, Holtz, Paterno and the list goes on. I think it would be premature to judge what a coach may accomplish in the college ranks by what he has done in the NFL.
I don't believe that he has ever been a college OC.

We'll see what happens .....
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/04/23 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Many great college coaches have stunk it up in the NFL. Saban, Spurrier, Holtz, Paterno and the list goes on. I think it would be premature to judge what a coach may accomplish in the college ranks by what he has done in the NFL.

Paterno never coached in the NFL.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/04/23 04:08 PM
My bad.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/04/23 04:36 PM
MeatChicken is now not only confirmed cheaters, multi game multi year? But
they are also confirmed losers to div 2 Appalachian state at home, whichever is more pathetic and embarrassing take your pick.
Posted By: Bird Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/05/23 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Colorado's Pat Shurmur to take over play-calling duties as Deion Sanders, Buffs look for spark, per reports - CBSSports.com

Colorado is handing over offensive play-calling duties to analyst Pat Shurmur as opposed to offensive coordinator Sean Lewis running the show for Saturday's game against Oregon State, according to multiple reports. Shurmur and Lewis will serve as co-offensive coordinators with Shurmur calling the plays and assisting with the offensive line, according to ESPN. Colorado will have to demote an assistant coach so that Shurmur can be elevated from analyst to full-time coach.

Shurmur has extensive experience as both a head coach and offensive coordinator at the NFL level. Prior to joining Colorado's staff in the offseason, he served as offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos from 2020-21. That came after a two-year stint as coach of the New York Giants. Shurmur has also been the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. He coached collegiately at Michigan State and Stanford before making the jump to the NFL in 1999.

As for Lewis, he was seen as a home-run hire when Colorado coach Deion Sanders convinced him to leave his head-coaching position at Kent State to take over as Buffaloes offensive coordinator. He also holds the title of quarterbacks coach, working with star signal-caller -- and Deion's son -- Shedeur Sanders.

This move comes amid a rough skid for the Buffaloes. They've lost their last two games and four out of their last five after starting the season 3-0 and working their way into the AP Top 25. Colorado is coming off a loss to UCLA in which it managed just 16 points, its second-lowest scoring total of the season.

Three weeks ago, the Buffaloes scored 43 in a loss to Stanford where they had just a single touchdown in the second half while allowing the Cardinal to erase a 29-0 halftime deficit and roar back for a win in overtime. Colorado has had to put a lot on Shedeur Sanders' shoulders. The Buffaloes are averaging 330 passing yards per game, good for third-best in the Pac-12, but their rushing offense is dead last in the conference with a meager 78.6 yards per game.

Sanders averages almost 44 pass attempts per game while Colorado's running backs get about 31 combined carries each contest. Sanders is also the most sacked quarterback at the power conference level, as opponents have brought him down in the backfield 42 times.
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Maybe Deion isn’t quite what he thinks he is. Needs more time.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/10/23 11:11 PM
j/c:

University of Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh is BANNED from sidelines for rest of regular season amid sign-stealing scandal as Wolverines say they are 'dismayed' over Big Ten's ruling

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/c...-BANNED-sidelines-Michigan.html#comments
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/11/23 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

University of Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh is BANNED from sidelines for rest of regular season amid sign-stealing scandal as Wolverines say they are 'dismayed' over Big Ten's ruling

"Say they are 'Dismayed'" as in this is probably the punishment they put together with the league commissioner as it could be used as motivation while causing minimal on the field disruption and they have to pretend to be upset now.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used this punishment as evidence when they decide to fire Harbaugh for cause after the season.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/11/23 03:31 PM
And there would be no punishment that extends into next year which would make him free to go to the NFL no holes barred. Advantage Harbaugh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/11/23 05:58 PM
Michigan is a good team ... especially up from on both sides. PSU can't do anything
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/11/23 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Michigan is a good team ... especially up from on both sides. PSU can't do anything

Each team had 2 scoring drives.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/11/23 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent

Each team had 2 scoring drives.
PSU's final scoring drive meant nothing ... Michigan ran the ball every single play from the middle of the 2nd quarter onward ... that's dominant upfront
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/12/23 04:21 AM
Those announcers had their noses so far up Michigan's arse they could have charged for a colonoscopy. WTF was up with that?
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/12/23 04:27 AM
And there would be no punishment that extends into next year which would make him free to go to the NFL no holes barred. Advantage Harbaugh.

The punishment Harbaugh received was from the BIG10 he is still being investigated by the NCAA for the improper recruiting practices and lying to the NCAA plus they also may impose their own punishment for the sign stealing. This isn't over yet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/12/23 05:40 PM
Texas A&M to spend more than $75 million to fire football coach Jimbo Fisher

Two sources confirmed the decision Sunday morning. The buyout amount is the largest in college sports history.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/1...SgPSfJeuVi3P_Kkf9nA9baKfLgtF9A5F8uzgxZok

ooo
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/13/23 12:53 PM
$75 million buyout is just wild ... you knew that contract couldn't be lived up to
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/13/23 02:43 PM
Imagine how you'd feel being a donor to that mess? I bet there will be a lot of immediate lost revenue from some deep pockets saying "show me before you come knocking".
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/13/23 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Imagine how you'd feel being a donor to that mess? I bet there will be a lot of immediate lost revenue from some deep pockets saying "show me before you come knocking".
yeah, that is a hefty bill to shell out for a losing team ... it would be tough for me to give any more lol
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/14/23 01:04 AM
Wathed the Miami Fla vs Florida State game just now

I don't ever like rooting for any Florida collage teams

I wanted the Hurricanes to win at first to knock Florida State out of the 4th spot

Then I start thinking

Maybe need Florida state to win so Alabama cant sneak back into the 4th spot
Posted By: Jester Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/25/23 04:45 AM
Watched Oregan for the 1st time this year. Bo NIx is impressive.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/25/23 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jester

I like Bo. I liked him when at Auburn. With the right team, I think he has a shot to be a pretty darn good NFL QB. Maybe as a starter, at minimum as a back-up who can carve out a long NFL career.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/25/23 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jester

Felt the same... last night was the first time I've watched them... they looked really good.... their rematch with Washington should be fantastic
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/25/23 02:43 PM
I've seen quite a few Oregon games ... they are legit. Good QB and offense, improved defense
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/26/23 12:10 AM
Iron Bowl was up to par. Bama pulls it on an unbelievable play on 4th down.

Always one of the best rivalry games when Bama and Auburn tangle.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/29/23 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

"Say they are 'Dismayed'" as in this is probably the punishment they put together with the league commissioner as it could be used as motivation while causing minimal on the field disruption and they have to pretend to be upset now.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used this punishment as evidence when they decide to fire Harbaugh for cause after the season.

There is zero chance they fire Harbaugh. It would be insanity. Every report I have seen says there is zero evidence linking Harbaugh, or any other coach besides Stallions, to the sign stealing situation. Partridge was reportedly fired because he tried to cover up evidence AFTER the investigation began. He claims is was for discussing the investigation.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/29/23 07:13 PM
Yeah and nobody gave Harbaugh the play signals they stole from other teams. They just got them so they could keep them secret from him and Michigan didn't use them. And then there were the recruiting violations he was already guilty of earlier in the season. No wonder Michigan wants to keep this sleaze ball.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 12:23 AM
Right. The Michigan supporters fail to see the obvious. Why would anyone go thru all of that effort and expense to steal the signs without getting them to the only people that could use them?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 05:16 PM
Yeah and nobody gave Harbaugh the play signals they stole from other teams. They just got them so they could keep them secret from him and Michigan didn't use them. And then there were the recruiting violations he was already guilty of earlier in the season. No wonder Michigan wants to keep this sleaze ball.

I am not saying they weren't used. How much I don't know. But Stallions was in charge of scouting, so that was his entire job was to scout opponents. Teams scout signals all the time. You're just not allowed to do it in person, and record it.

I am saying that every report out there that I have found clearly says that the NCAA doesn't have any evidence linking Harbaugh or any other coach to coordinating the actions of Stallions. Without all the evidence in front of me, I could see at least see a scenario where Stallions wants to look like some genius scout and move his way up, so he uses illegal methods to improve his scouting. If it comes out later with evidence that he was instructed within the football program, obviously that changes things. And Harbaugh is responsible to an extent just by being the head coach, even if he didn't have knowledge of it. But it'll depend on how much they view the suspension as proper punishment.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 06:38 PM
Who calls the plays for Michigan? How can that person use the information on the oppositions play calling unless someone provided it to them? Come on man wake up here. Scouting has NOTHING to do with play calling signals.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 09:30 PM
Who calls the plays for Michigan? How can that person use the information on the oppositions play calling unless someone provided it to them? Come on man wake up here. Scouting has NOTHING to do with play calling signals.

Have you listened to any of the former college players talk about this at all? Pretty much all agree that all teams scouts signals ahead of time. And it's not against the rules if you get them via normal means. The advanced in person scouting and what the issue was.

Again, find me 1 source showing that Harbaugh, Moore, Minter, or any other coach has been linked directly to Stallions. It may happen, and if it does obviously things will change, but for an investigation that has been ongoing for a while now, you would sure think it would be easy to link Stallions to any of the coaching staff.

Stallions admitted that he would watch TV copies to decipher signals, and then use that information to help with play calling. And that is completely within the rules to do so. When he went ahead and started recording games and such in person or via others, that is where it becomes a violation. And that is where the issue with the other coaches would come in. If he was directed, then it's a problem. If he did it on his own, or with the help of boosters outside the knowledge of the coaching staff, then it is a much different situation. And so far, there is nothing linking that part to the other coaches.

The NCAA has revealed its findings in the Michigan sign-stealing investigation to the Big Ten, and the conference continues to consider a multi-game suspension of coach Jim Harbaugh as the school gears up for legal action, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
The NCAA’s findings do not connect the in-person scouting and recording of opponents’ sidelines to Harbaugh, sources say, an absence of evidence essential to a potential lawsuit from the school and coach against the league.

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-ncaa...Ps2fC4U38A0hK5jYJ2ZZV8ksb10TpnXEkLWt8Agx
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 10:10 PM
There's proof he bought tickets to other teams games. There's proof he was on the sidelines at other games. 1 plus 1 = 2. Period.

They illegally cheated. (that seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?)
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
There's proof he bought tickets to other teams games. There's proof he was on the sidelines at other games. 1 plus 1 = 2. Period.

They illegally cheated. (that seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?)

I am not arguing that it was a violation. But we both know the degree of the violation will be effected a lot based on if it was directed by the team or coaches, or if Stallions went rogue to try to prop himself up. The dude has a 600 page "Michigan Manifesto", and talked about trying to run the program down the road, and he was already arranging a staff and such for 15 years down the road..........as a scout/analyst with no Michigan background besides his parents attending.

Also, I was going against the theme that Harbaugh is a "sleazeball" because he directed the violation, because as shown, the NCAA has no evidence of him directing this at all.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 11/30/23 11:33 PM
Of course the ncaa doesn't. Harbough isn't dumb. AND, the ncaa wants this to go away. They can't imagine disqualifying Michigan at this point in time. It would look terrible for the ncaa.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/01/23 03:33 PM
Of course the ncaa doesn't. Harbough isn't dumb. AND, the ncaa wants this to go away. They can't imagine disqualifying Michigan at this point in time. It would look terrible for the ncaa.

So they are investigating Harbaugh, but have no intention of punishing him, or are ignoring evidence so the NCAA doesn't look bad? Nice little conspiracy theory there I guess.

I mean, as an opposite sided conspiracy, a lot of people think that the NCAA is trying to push Harbaugh out because he is pushing for even more money to go to the players. The NCAA has been a revenue giant for decades, but continues to grow every year, while very little of the money trickles back down to the players that generate it. They don't like giving up more pieces of the pie, and Harbaugh has actively stated that the players should earn more.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/01/23 04:22 PM
He was busted. He's been punished. You really just need to accept it.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/01/23 09:38 PM

Again, Harbaugh himself wasn't busted. He was punished because as the head coach, he is responsible whether he knew or not. But keep pushing your narrative.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/01/23 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by cle23

Again, Harbaugh himself wasn't busted. He was punished because as the head coach, he is responsible whether he knew or not. But keep pushing your narrative.
Harbough can deny it all he wants. you know he knew.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 01:36 AM

Harbough can deny it all he wants. you know he knew.

The evidence found says otherwise. The court of public opinion on a board of primarily OSU fans will always be skewed. What motive does the NCAA have to investigate, but then falsely say that Harbaugh didn't know?

When the news first broke, I did assume Harbaugh knew. But all reports say there isn't evidence that he did, and more and more evidence comes out that Stallions was kind of wacky.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 06:07 AM
The NCAA hasn't said anything, it was the BIG10 that did the investigation and suspended Harbaugh and they agreed to drop their investigation when Michigan and Harbaugh agreed to drop their lawsuit after it was proven that that the sign stealing did occur and that Michigan's LB coach destroyed evidence of it and at that time the BIG10 had not linked it to Harbaugh. The NCAA itself is still investigating Michigan and Harbaugh for the sign stealing, the recruiting violations, and for Harbaugh not being cooperative during the recruiting violations investigation. There is a possibility that with all this going on that the NCAA may cite Michigan and Harbaugh with loss of institutional control.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by dawg66
The NCAA hasn't said anything, it was the BIG10 that did the investigation and suspended Harbaugh and they agreed to drop their investigation when Michigan and Harbaugh agreed to drop their lawsuit after it was proven that that the sign stealing did occur and that Michigan's LB coach destroyed evidence of it and at that time the BIG10 had not linked it to Harbaugh. The NCAA itself is still investigating Michigan and Harbaugh for the sign stealing, the recruiting violations, and for Harbaugh not being cooperative during the recruiting violations investigation. There is a possibility that with all this going on that the NCAA may cite Michigan and Harbaugh with loss of institutional control.

Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations. Again, Harbaugh is responsible in the sense that he is the head of the program, but I think most people would agree that it is a much lesser violation if Stallions was acting alone as opposed to it being a program wide directive.

I am sure Harbaugh is not squeaky clean. I highly doubt any D1 head coach is. And I am not ruling out the possibility that he was more involved than has been found so far, but people automatically calling for him to be suspended or the program to be banned are jumping the gun quite a bit.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 03:33 PM
Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations.

We see what you're doing there. That statement doesn't rule out Harbaugh or the coaching staff knowing what Stalions was up to and using the information. Do you think that just because there's no proof that they ordered him to do it they should be exonerated?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 03:40 PM
Yep, they stole those play signs because they weren't going to use them. They recorded them so they would not be able to study them and use them. Recording them had no purpose whatsoever. The man, Harbaugh, who calls the plays for Michigan never had access to them. It was all done for entertainment purposes. How naive would someone have to be in order to believe that?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 04:37 PM
Yep, they stole those play signs because they weren't going to use them. They recorded them so they would not be able to study them and use them. Recording them had no purpose whatsoever. The man, Harbaugh, who calls the plays for Michigan never had access to them. It was all done for entertainment purposes. How naive would someone have to be in order to believe that?

Harbaugh doesn't call the plays. Moore does. And you completely ignored my previous post and just repeated yourself again.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 04:39 PM
Yes, the NCAA is still investigating, but all reports I have seen about the investigation have said that the NCAA doesn't have any ties of Harbaugh or the coaching staff directing Stallions to commit the violations.

We see what you're doing there. That statement doesn't rule out Harbaugh or the coaching staff knowing what Stalions was up to and using the information. Do you think that just because there's no proof that they ordered him to do it they should be exonerated?

I believe that if they do a full investigation and it shows that Stallions was acting along to further himself, that the 3 games suspension would probably be enough. If Harbaugh knew or directed it, obviously the punishment would increase for sure.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 04:43 PM
That's because what you're saying makes no sense. It's a bunch of rationalizations to convince yourself that Harbaugh is innocent in all of this and is somehow a victim. I suppose you have excuses for the recruiting violations too? Come on man. Stop fooling yourself because you sure as hell aren't fooling anyone else.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 04:49 PM
That's because what you're saying makes no sense. It's a bunch of rationalizations to convince yourself that Harbaugh is innocent in all of this and is somehow a victim. I suppose you have excuses for the recruiting violations too? Come on man. Stop fooling yourself because you sure as hell aren't fooling anyone else.

Where did I ever say he is a victim? Now you're making stuff up. You're ignoring the proven evidence so far to make general assumptions, then calling for punishment based on those assumptions. And very biased assumptions at that. And I am not trying to fool anyone. That's you. I left open the possibility that Harbaugh could have directed it, and if so, he will be further punished. But as it stands, all reports say there in no evidence that he did.

There were reports and claims that Urban Meyer covered up for players, and that Maurice Clarett was one of MANY players who got paid big money at OSU. Should there be punishments based simply on that?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 05:05 PM
rofl

Well since you believe all of that I'm sure Santa will be bringing you a bunch of presents here real soon.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 05:21 PM
You are confusing the BIG10 investigation with the NCAA investigation, the NCAA hasn't said one word about any connection between Harbaugh and the sign stealing. We also don't know what the BIG10 would have found if they hadn't dropped their investigation at the request Michigan and Harbaugh in exchange for them dropping their lawsuit against the BIG10 and Harbaugh agreeing to the 3 game suspension.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 05:33 PM
We all know he accepted the suspension because he hadn't done anything wrong.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by dawg66
You are confusing the BIG10 investigation with the NCAA investigation, the NCAA hasn't said one word about any connection between Harbaugh and the sign stealing. We also don't know what the BIG10 would have found if they hadn't dropped their investigation at the request Michigan and Harbaugh in exchange for them dropping their lawsuit against the BIG10 and Harbaugh agreeing to the 3 game suspension.

The Big 10 got most of their information from the NCAA investigation. The NCAA hasn't released a statement, and they won't until its finished and whatever punishment they levy is announced. But there are still several reports on what they have found. Just like there are the reports of what Stallions did. The NCAA hasn't said anything about Stallions other than that they are investigating.

And Harbaugh and Michigan were suing until the news that Partridge interfered with the investigation came out. Even then, no one is accusing of Partridge of directing the investigation, just that he interfered afterwards. And he was then fired for his actions, and rightfully so. Apparently everyone here are top notch investigators with no bias in getting rid of Harbaugh.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 07:00 PM
Claiming the victim..... still.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 08:50 PM
I believe that if they do a full investigation and it shows that Stallions was acting along to further himself......

Serious question. Do you think that there's any chance whatsoever that Stalions would do all of this on his own and not share it with anyone on the coaching staff?
Posted By: Jester Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 10:26 PM
It will be interesting ro see what the committee does if Alabama, Michigan anf Florida State all win.

Washington, Michigan, and Florida State will alm be undefeated conference champions.

Alabama will a 1 loss conference champion and will have beat Georgia head to head. So you can't out a 1 loss Georgia in ahead of Alabama.

But texas, also a 1 loss conference champion has beaten Alabama head to head. And if not mistaken, in Alabama. How do you put Alabama in ahead of texas?

But then, how does a one loss SEC champion not get in?

And if the game is close, how do you exclude a Georgia team that was number 1?

Not waht I would do, but my guess is that the 4 teams getting in would be:

Michigana
Alabama
Washington
Georgia

Florida State and Texas get the shaft
Posted By: Jester Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 11:10 PM
Re-posted with corrections of spelling errors
Tried to type on my phone - always a typo risk
For some reason I am not getting an edit button with the original post:

It will be interesting to see what the committee does if Alabama, Michigan and Florida State all win.

Washington, Michigan, and Florida State will all be undefeated conference champions.

Alabama will a 1 loss conference champion and will have beaten Georgia head to head. So you can't put a 1 loss Georgia in ahead of Alabama.

But texas, also a 1 loss conference champion has beaten Alabama head to head. And if not mistaken, in Alabama. How do you put Alabama in ahead of texas?

But then, how does a one loss SEC champion not get in?

And if the game is close, how do you exclude a Georgia team that was number 1?

Not what I would do, but my guess is that the 4 teams getting in would be:

Michigana
Alabama
Washington
Georgia

Florida State and Texas get the shaft
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/02/23 11:19 PM
The committee is definitely praying that Georgia comes back and FSU wins.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 12:35 AM
Texas plowed Alabama in Alabama.
Florida State Plowed LSU.
Alabama just plowed Georgia

Thank God that there won’t be a team from the most overrated conference in the history of sports getting into the playoff this year. sec is a joke.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 12:39 AM
There's a damn good chance that 'bama and Georgia both will be in there.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 12:40 AM

😂 umm no. They suck. That conference sucks.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Texas plowed Alabama in Alabama.
Florida State Plowed LSU.
Alabama just plowed Georgia

Thank God that there won’t be a team from the most overrated conference in the history of sports getting into the playoff this year. sec is a joke.

You are the joke....lol

How many national Champions have come from the SEC over the last 20 years or so? Not only that, it isn't always the same team or two dominating a bunch of Pansy ass teams in the rest of the league.

If you can't talk intelligently about college football, do yourself a favor and just don't.

On a side note, I am sorry to see the SEC/CBS marriage ending tonight. Nothing like that music to let you know it was Saturday at 3:30 to get a good game nearly every week. I know I watched nearly every week for the last 20 years or so..

Now CBS moves on to the Big10 where they might get 3 good games a year. OSU v. Purdue sure sounds like a good game.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 01:11 AM
As for the SEC chamionship.....good game. I was fairly neutral on who I wanted as I like both Bama and Georgia.

Bama as champ gets in...the SEC champ always gets in unless they are a 2-3 loss team. History dictates that. Depending on what happens with Michigan and FSU, Georgia might still get in as a #4 seed.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 01:30 AM
Sorry Bro, But the jig is up. The SEC has been nothing but ‘Bama and Georgia for the last few years. Unfortunately for people who don’t claim a team, and instead claim a conference, the sec is a joke. ‘Bama got upended by Texas a few months ago, and beat your own Georgia. LSU? Blown out by Florida State. Overrated Conference.

1. Tcun
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Tex.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 01:41 AM

Show where I'm claiming victim? You have no argument so you just spout off nonsense. If you show any evidence or reports that go against the ones I posted, please show them.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 01:57 AM

Show where I'm claiming victim? You have no argument so you just spout off nonsense. If you show any evidence or reports that go against the ones I posted, please show them.

YEAH!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 04:28 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 05:16 AM

😂 umm no. They suck. That conference sucks.

The SEC is no joke. You prove you have no idea what you are talking about. I feel sad for you.

Look up the numbers if you are capable.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 02:30 PM
Looks like the powers that be agree with me. If that conference was worth anything, they’d have a team in the playoffs. But they don’t. You know why? Because Texas stomped ‘Bama in Bama’s backyard and because Florida State stomped a heavily favored LSU team earlier in the season.
You know what numbers matter? 1-4 matter. And there’s no sec team in those numbers.

Read this article, if you’re capable…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...er-alabama-with-michigan-moving-to-no-1/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 03:14 PM
based on odds, Alabama will be out
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 04:25 PM
The committee will find an excuse to put an sec team in, they always do. And it will be a big slap in the face to Texas.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 04:52 PM

Common sense escapes you. Nobody is going to steal those signs and then keep them in their back pocket. Your claim seems to be he just did it for the sake of doing it with nothing to be gained by the team and not to use them to their advantage. No rational thinking person would believe that. But then we have those who try and dismiss common sense.

Your contention is Harbaugh has been under suspension twice this year and is squeaky clean. I'm not even sure you hear yourself. Speaking of spouting nonsense.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
The committee will find an excuse to put an sec team in, they always do. And it will be a big slap in the face to Texas.

Quoted for truth. And the only excuse I'm hearing is, "Yeah but look at the past."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 04:54 PM
current odds have it razor thin between Bama and FSU ...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Florida State
5. Alabama
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 05:22 PM
Apologies to Jimdawg and Ballpeen. I had too much Barley water last night and my emotions got the best of me. I don’t like fighting with my Dawgtalkers brethren.
The SEC doesn’t suck. I can see Bama getting the nod over Florida State. - Considering FSU’s qb situation.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 05:28 PM
Going undefeated and not making it is criminal.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 05:31 PM
At least we'll get to see Michigan get bounced right out of the gate.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/03/23 05:45 PM
yeah, glad about that
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/04/23 01:08 AM

Common sense escapes you. Nobody is going to steal those signs and then keep them in their back pocket. Your claim seems to be he just did it for the sake of doing it with nothing to be gained by the team and not to use them to their advantage. No rational thinking person would believe that. But then we have those who try and dismiss common sense.

Your contention is Harbaugh has been under suspension twice this year and is squeaky clean. I'm not even sure you hear yourself. Speaking of spouting nonsense.

Apparently basic reading escapes you.

I never said the signs weren't used. It all depends on if the coaches knew HOW Stallions acquired the signs. Sign stealing is legal, but only in certain ways. Stallions admitted to getting signs from recording and replaying TV coverage BEFORE the in person scouting. And recording and getting the signs via TV is COMPLETELY within the rules. My point has been that Stallions appears to be a bit loony, so if he had it in his mind that this would move him up the ladder quickly by making himself seems like a scouting savant, that may have been his motivation. That, coupled wit the reports that the NCAA doesn't have evidence tying Harbaugh to the scheme, at least leaves open the possibility that Stallions was acting rogue. Stallions had eyes on the head coaching position and was already trying to set up a staff for years down the road.

I also very clearly stated that I doubt Harbaugh is squeaky clean. No division 1 coach is and I am sure Harbaugh isn't some exception.
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/04/23 01:19 AM
based on odds, Alabama will be out
Afraid you are WRONG!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/04/23 01:26 AM
Apologies to Jimdawg and Ballpeen. I had too much Barley water last night and my emotions got the best of me. I don’t like fighting with my Dawgtalkers brethren.
The SEC doesn’t suck. I can see Bama getting the nod over Florida State. - Considering FSU’s qb situation.

No worries and no apology necessary. It's all good on my end.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/04/23 03:42 PM
I also very clearly stated that I doubt Harbaugh is squeaky clean. No division 1 coach is and I am sure Harbaugh isn't some exception.

What a bunch of hogwash. The cheapest form of rationalization one can possibly use. Try again. Two suspensions in one year!

Yeah, sure, he's just like everyone else. rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/06/23 06:03 PM
Dateline Ann Arbor Michigan

Sources have confirmed that Jim Harbaugh flew into a fit of rage when he reached into his playbook today only to find that he had all of Florida States signs while Michigan will be facing Alabama. naughtydevil
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/07/23 10:16 AM

Sources have confirmed that Jim Harbaugh flew into a fit of rage when he reached into his playbook today only to find that he had all of Florida States signs while Michigan will be facing Alabama. naughtydevil

LOL..that's pretty funny.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/09/23 06:59 PM
Cleaning in the basement and listening to the radio. Nothing but controversy. Caller after caller. College football moving to a 12 team playoff is so long overdue. Next season will be one of the best that we’ve ever seen.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/13/23 08:08 PM
And now this....

After FSU snub, Florida's AG launches antitrust probe against the College Football Playoff selection committee

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody said she wants answers about why the undefeated Florida State Seminoles were left out of the four-team playoff.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports...robe-college-football-playoff-rcna129423
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/14/23 02:00 AM
Now that's wise use of taxpayer funds.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/14/23 04:29 PM
It's all the rage these days. If you don't like it, investigate it.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 12/14/23 08:44 PM
Now that's wise use of taxpayer funds.

If it was just the football, I think I'd agree with your sentiment. But, the financial impacts on the schools/regions involved is significant. I don't know what to think any more. If there was a discussion of this team is more deserving, but this other team will make ("us"/the networks, etc) more money and they went with the more money, that's problematic.

It'd be like the government awarding contracts to the company offering the most kickbacks rather than the one able to most effectively get the job done.

Is it about the sport? Or about the money? If it's about the money, that's "fine," but they should at least be transparent about it.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 02:57 PM

Turns out, they beat Alabama anyway. Awfully quiet here in the college football thread the last couple weeks!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 03:10 PM
What's there to talk about?
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 03:21 PM
We should be kissing Xichigan's butt so the five fans on this board get their pound of flesh.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 04:30 PM
What's there to talk about?

The entire playoff? As soon as the teams were announced, quite a few people talking crap about Michigan getting bounced right away. There is typically a lot of discussion this time of year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 04:33 PM
Only you and a few more think cheaters should be congratulated and rewarded.
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/09/24 04:39 PM
Maybe.... nobody cares if the cheaters win. What's to discuss besides their sweetheart deal with the NCAA?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/10/24 04:08 AM
Well, maybe we should give them their due. The cheatin' hairball did win more natty's than Saint Bo.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/10/24 10:13 PM
j/c...

Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 12:07 AM
The entire playoff? As soon as the teams were announced, quite a few people talking crap about Michigan getting bounced right away. There is typically a lot of discussion this time of year.

Michigan clearly had the best roster and that’s why they won. The only team that even challenged them this year was Ohio State. The Bama score shouldn’t have been as close as it was. And if Hairball would have stuck to the running game, the Washington score wouldn’t have been as close as it was - and it was still a blowout. As a Buckeye fan, I have zero qualms with whatever cheating that occurred. This one goes to Michigan, no questions asked in my book. I can’t believe that it’s their first outright tittle since ‘47. Crazy.
However, going forward, Ol’ Blue will fall off the map come next year. Hairball is gone to the NFL - foregone conclusion according to the local media. And blue had the 15th ranked recruiting class. So, the rivalry will definitely be tilting, but at least it is back to being a rivalry.

On another note… is Saban heading back to the NFL or is he done altogether?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 02:33 AM

Michigan clearly had the best roster and that’s why they won. The only team that even challenged them this year was Ohio State. The Bama score shouldn’t have been as close as it was. And if Hairball would have stuck to the running game, the Washington score wouldn’t have been as close as it was - and it was still a blowout. As a Buckeye fan, I have zero qualms with whatever cheating that occurred. This one goes to Michigan, no questions asked in my book. I can’t believe that it’s their first outright tittle since ‘47. Crazy.
However, going forward, Ol’ Blue will fall off the map come next year. Hairball is gone to the NFL - foregone conclusion according to the local media. And blue had the 15th ranked recruiting class. So, the rivalry will definitely be tilting, but at least it is back to being a rivalry.

On another note… is Saban heading back to the NFL or is he done altogether?

Saban is just retiring. He is 72, and honestly seemed worn down the last year or so when I've seen him. 7 National Titles between Alabama (6) and LSU (1). Nothing more to prove.

As for the Michigan statement. Why does anything that has happened mean Michigan is going to "fall off the map?" Michigan hasn't been at the top of recruiting this entire time. They've done well for sure, but they have developed 3 and 4 star guys, not lined their roster with 5 stars. 2019 ranking was 10th. 2020 was 12th. 2021 was 13th. 2022 was 12th. 2023 was 20th. None of that mattered. It would be hard to replace Harbaugh, for sure. But Sherrone Moore looks to be a very good candidate to replace him. If not, the number 1 coach I hear linked is Kalen DeBoer, the guy who just had a team in the nation championship that was 4-8 2 seasons ago.

Michigan also returns a lot of defense. They lose a lot for sure, especially on offense, but they could also return McCarthy and Donovan Edwards as well. And one place they have excelled at recruiting is the O-Line. Their D-Line is elite, and a lot of them starters were sophomores. In my probably biased opinion, Mason Graham is the best defensive lineman in all of college football, and he will return.

What makes OSU suddenly better? They lose a lot as well, and have done well in transfers so far, but there is still a huge question mark at QB, and at O-Line.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Hardly generic news. No question he is one of the very top college coaches of all-time and one of the very few schools at top of the college football list. History alone might make the very top college job, all respect due to the 3-4 other schools that would be in the running for that designation.

Bama becomes the top job available. However, those are big shoes to fill, and it isn't easy filling those shoes. After Bear Bryant retired, Stalling did a good job, but it took the program a decade or more before getting Saban.

It will be interesting to see how Bama responds to the news.

If I had to guess on a replacement, maybe Dan Lanning. He was a solid SEC guy at Georgia and has done a good job as head coach at Oregon. Maybe dabo Sweeney. He is a Bama alum and look to be ready to move on from Clemson. Lane Kiffin might be a darkhorse.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 02:57 PM
Your HC was suspended twice this year for clear violations to give his team a competitive advantage. Own it. The truth will set you free.
Your HC was suspended twice this year for clear violations to give his team a competitive advantage. Own it. The truth will set you free.

https://apnews.com/article/ncaa-michigan-baker-f3812a0dc88d1f0814aaf252b992a979

NCAA President disagrees
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 05:34 PM
You're talking about that one game and not how they got there. From your own link.....

"The NCAA sign-stealing investigation is likely to last many more months. Michigan has not yet received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, formally detailing the accusations, and will have 90 days to respond once it does. A hearing in front of the infractions committee would need to be scheduled after that."

None of this is over. The BIG 10 decided they cheated and the NCAA has not concluded its investigation.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 05:49 PM

He was suspended once for the sign stealing, and even then, the Big 10 and NCAA didn't have direct evidence that Harbaugh was tied to it. He was suspended as the leader of the program. The other was for a recruiting violation 2 years ago.

Also, that all ended in early October or before. So what's the excuse the rest of the season? Won all their games after, with 5 of their last 6 against ranked teams, with no sign stealing at all. And you ignored what most of my post was about. Muni saying Michigan will "fall off the map." That's a bunch of wishful thinking. Not saying a step back isn't possible with a lot of the leaders graduating. Day isn't half the coach Meyer was, and OSU didn't "fall off the map."
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 05:55 PM
The only excuses being made is trying to excuse the fact that Michigan cheated and Hairball was suspended for it. That and the NCAA is still investigating his cheating. As I've said before, Michigan's once proud fan base has been reduced to making excuses why their team cheats. Oh the humanity.
You're talking about that one game and not how they got there. From your own link.....

"The NCAA sign-stealing investigation is likely to last many more months. Michigan has not yet received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, formally detailing the accusations, and will have 90 days to respond once it does. A hearing in front of the infractions committee would need to be scheduled after that."

None of this is over. The BIG 10 decided they cheated and the NCAA has not concluded its investigation.

I'm not a Michigan fan but the NCAA President stated that Michigan won fair and square and that the allegations had no impact on the season. So, Michigan and Harbaugh may still be found in some kind of violation. But it will not impact the results of this season according to the President of the NCAA.

As far as Ryan Day. He is still on 3rd base. If you cannot win with a talent like Harrison good luck in the future.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 06:09 PM
I think you're having trouble identifying when the NCAA is having a cover your ass moment.
I think you're having trouble identifying when the NCAA is having a cover your ass moment.

They caught North Carolina in a grade changing scandal. No probation and no vacated National Title.

They caught Kansas in the Adidas scandal and no probation and no vacated National Title.

They will do nothing to Michigan either. The statement by Charlie Baker in days after the NC game already refers to that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 06:20 PM
While I don't think you realized it, you are only helping to make my point. The NCAA has never held teams feet to the fire for the things they've done and they're not about to start now. That doesn't change the fact they should have then and should now. That's why teams continue to cheat. They know the punishment won't fit the crime and all they will get is a slap on the wrist. Like I said, the NCAA covers its own ass and they're doing it yet again.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 07:01 PM
While I don't think you realized it, you are only helping to make my point. The NCAA has never held teams feet to the fire for the things they've done and they're not about to start now. That doesn't change the fact they should have then and should now. That's why teams continue to cheat. They know the punishment won't fit the crime and all they will get is a slap on the wrist. Like I said, the NCAA covers its own ass and they're doing it yet again.

And you continue to make up scenarios with no evidence. You are now trying to cover your own ass in case the NCAA comes out and says that it was isolated to Stallions and that it wasn't some wide scale operation. I don't know which it is. I am going by all the reports I have seen that say there is no evidence that Harbaugh had knowledge of the situation.

No one denies that something happened, and that there should be some kind of punishment involved. Past saying Stallions was involved, it's all hearsay at this point. If they find evidence that it was all directed, then Harbaugh and Michigan will be punished accordingly. It would all depend on the degree and how widespread it was, I would assume.

And again, you replied with a bunch of random crap that my original post to Muni didn't even allude to. You don't discuss that, you just attack.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 07:07 PM
They didn't say that. Try again. Here is what they said. I already quoted it above......

Had they already have reached a conclusion, the investigation would be continuing for months. Say it slowly..... T H E Y C H E A T E D.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 10:29 PM
They didn't say that. Try again. Here is what they said. I already quoted it above......

Had they already have reached a conclusion, the investigation would be continuing for months. Say it slowly..... T H E Y C H E A T E D.

Do you even read what others say before your nonsense responses? I never claimed the NCAA said anything in regards to the investigation. They won't until they are complete. I said all reports in regards to the investigation say that to this point, there is no evidence linking Harbaugh to sign stealing. And I even said if they do find evidence, I'm sure more punishment will be levied out.

Your response to others is, if the NCAA decides not to dish out more punishment, it's just because they're trying to cover their own ass, not because they possibly didn't find any evidence.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/11/24 11:49 PM
Cle, It will be interesting to see what happens if Harbaugh goes to San Diego - they have the fifth pick in the draft. Do you think Harbaugh wold take JJ there and trade Herbert?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 12:04 AM
Cle, It will be interesting to see what happens if Harbaugh goes to San Diego - they have the fifth pick in the draft. Do you think Harbaugh wold take JJ there and trade Herbert?

I don't think there's a chance. I love McCarthy, but he isn't Herbert. At least not yet. And Herbert's contract would prevent that as well. If Harbaugh jumps to the NFL, he'd be dumb to NOT go to the Chargers (LA, not San Diego anymore). Franchise QB, good offense, and a good but underachieving defense, and a high draft pick. Plus, back to the west coast where he was for so long.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 12:29 AM
“San Diego” 😆 and it’s still the Oakland Raiders, California Angels, it’s still Gund Arena, Municipal Stadium and on and on. My God, I’ve turned into my father. 😂
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 03:56 AM
You probably still call people folks and watch 'programs' on TV. 🤣 😇
This isn’t even counting the FBI is investigating the program.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 03:37 PM
So he acted a lone wolf? Do you hear yourself? Who paid for these trips? His hotel expenses, food and travel? Yeah, the teams coaching staff had nothing to do with it. He just did all of that because it was a hobby of his. He gathered this film and kept it all to himself. rofl
So he acted a lone wolf? Do you hear yourself? Who paid for these trips? His hotel expenses, food and travel? Yeah, the teams coaching staff had nothing to do with it. He just did all of that because it was a hobby of his. He gathered this film and kept it all to himself. rofl

There is not a program in the NCAA that is not guilty of some kind of cheating. Really this is no issue. That is why the NCAA President said Michigan won the Natty fair and square.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 04:53 PM
Show me the evidence you have that "There is not a program in the NCAA that is not guilty of some kind of cheating."

I know of no other college football program being investigated based on actual evidence by both the NCAA and the FBI at this point in time, do you?
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
You probably still call people folks and watch 'programs' on TV. 🤣 😇

Grandma never missed her programs. “Days of Our Lives” every weekday. - Catch a wooden spoon if you dare try to watch Barnaby or Romper Room when it was her time to watch tv.

My kid had no clue what I meant I told her to put her Walkman away - iphone w/headphones.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 07:34 PM
Kalen DeBoer to Alabama to replace Saban.
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/12/24 07:44 PM
rofl

Good stuff.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/13/24 02:36 AM
Kalen DeBoer to Alabama to replace Saban.

Nailed it.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/13/24 11:56 AM
I think it was a good hire. It is easier to win at Washington than it is at Alabama, but the Alabama mystique will also make his job of recruiting much easier.

That said, it is easier for a school like Alabama to be viewed at the top of the list as far as national ranking are concerned, so DeBoer had to have done a super job getting Washington in to the national spotlight.

None the less, it is going to be hard to fill the Saban shoes. I hope the Alabama fans and big boosters don't start to get irritated if and when the Tide doesn't start stacking SEC and national championships.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/13/24 03:58 PM
From what I’ve been hearing, Pete Carrol is looking to stay in the game. I wonder if he’d ever return to cfb.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/13/24 06:35 PM
From what I’ve been hearing, Pete Carrol is looking to stay in the game. I wonder if he’d ever return to cfb.

I think he would if he still wants to coach. He might be more inclined to go back to college. He is kind of a rah-rah coach. That plays better in the college ranks than the pro game.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 02:52 PM

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Stallions was funded by a booster called "Uncle T." No reports yet on who that is, except a couple rumors. And I have no doubt he used or intended to use the information. What I have disputed, and what has been reported so far, is that the coaches and Harbaugh instructed him to do this. Every report I have seen so far says there is no evidence of that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 04:32 PM
So your opinion is he went and collected all of this film on opponents play calls without any instruction from or sharing that information with the coaching staff? None are so blind as those who refuse to see...... the obvious.
Posted By: FATE Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 04:52 PM

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Stallions was funded by a booster called "Uncle T." No reports yet on who that is, except a couple rumors. And I have no doubt he used or intended to use the information. What I have disputed, and what has been reported so far, is that the coaches and Harbaugh instructed him to do this. Every report I have seen so far says there is no evidence of that.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 05:17 PM
So your opinion is he went and collected all of this film on opponents play calls without any instruction from or sharing that information with the coaching staff? None are so blind as those who refuse to see...... the obvious.

You literally just told another poster to prove that other teams are cheating, and then continuously spew opinions as facts. Which is it?

I have continuously said that if they can prove that the coaches/team instructed Stallions to do this, then it would lead to more discipline. I also said that he probably used the information. His job was to scout opponents, and stealing signs is legal if done properly. So I do think it's possible that the coaching staff didn't know. I also think it's possible that they did know, but all reports I've seen so far have stated that the evidence doesn't show that they knew. If it's so easily proven, then all that should come out in time. So far, none of it has, which makes me think that it's very possible that the coaching staff wasn't involved.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 05:40 PM
Maybe because no other teams have been accused or proven to have done so at this present time. Harbaugh served a three game suspension because it was proven. Obviously the way he stole signs was "not legal" or there would not have been such a suspension. You are also denying the obvious. We're not laughing with you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 07:54 PM
Michigan's Jim Harbaugh seeking termination protection in potential new contract amid NCAA probes, per report

Harbaugh is reportedly seeking to insulate himself from potential NCAA penalties as negotiations continue

Jim Harbaugh is requesting contractual protection from potential NCAA punishment amid negotiations with Michigan as he simultaneously pursues NFL opportunities, according to Yahoo Sports. Harbaugh, 60, just led Michigan to its first national championship since 1997, but it was a tumultuous season off the field marked by two separate three-game suspensions for the Wolverines alum.

As part of a restructured deal with the school, Harbaugh is requesting wording that would keep him from being fired as a result of those matters. Both issues resulting in the suspensions remain under investigation by the NCAA, meaning Harbaugh could still face additional sanctions if he remains in college football.

The NCAA issued a notice of allegations in December that included a Level I allegation against Harbaugh for misleading investigators as it pertained to alleged recruiting violations. The Wolverines took the mitigating step of suspending Harbaugh for the first three games of the 2023 season, but it's uncertain whether that step will be enough to satisfy the NCAA.

Michigan also remains under investigation as it relates to the sign-stealing scandal that engulfed the program during the latter half of the 2023 season. In that case, the Big Ten issued a three-game suspension of Harbaugh covering the conclusion of the regular season. The NCAA has yet to rule on the matter, even though sources told CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd in November that the case had been put on a "very fast timeline" by the organization.

The Los Angeles Chargers announced Sunday that they completed an interview with Harbaugh for their head-coaching vacancy. He could also be a candidate for other NFL openings.

If he does return to Michigan, Harbaugh will be working with a revamped roster following the departures of stars such as quarterback J.J. McCarthy, running Blake Corum and many others who have keyed the program's run of three straight Big Ten titles.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ew-contract-amid-ncaa-probes-per-report/

Innocent men don't ask for an immunity clause in their contract. Because if you're innocent you don't need one.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 08:27 PM
Maybe because no other teams have been accused or proven to have done so at this present time. Harbaugh served a three game suspension because it was proven. Obviously the way he stole signs was "not legal" or there would not have been such a suspension. You are also denying the obvious. We're not laughing with you.

Harbaugh did not serve a suspension because it was proven he knew or instructed Stallions. He served a 3 game suspension for being the head of the program, and it was proven that Stallions stole the signs illegally while part of the program.

As for the immunity you posted about, do innocent men plead the 5th? Do innocent men allow searches without a warrant? Smart ones don't. Harbaugh can be held liable even if they can't prove or find evidence that he instructed it because he is the head of the program. So given that these incidents are widely known BEFORE the contract would be signed, he would be incredibly stupid not to ask for some protection from situations that the University knows about before he signed. From the article you posted, he isn't asking for blanket immunity, just from being fired from the known investigation.

And for the 20th time, I am not ignoring the possibility that Harbaugh knew. He very well could have. But all reports have said there is no evidence. As much of a paper trail as there should be, I can't imagine that wouldn't have come out right away if he was instructing it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/16/24 09:22 PM
An innocent man doesn't need an immunity clause in his contract.

Posted By: jfanent Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/25/24 02:26 AM
Harbaugh to the Chargers, despite being offered the highest HC salary of all time. He's leaving a big steaming pile of crap in his wake.

ESPN

LOS ANGELES -- Jim Harbaugh is leaving the national champion Michigan Wolverines to coach the NFL's Los Angeles Chargers, the team announced Wednesday.

Harbaugh's deal is for five years, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"The only job you start at the top is digging a hole, so we know we've got to earn our way," Harbaugh said in a statement. "... This organization is putting in the work -- investing capital, building infrastructure and doing everything within its power to win. Great effort equals great results, and we're just getting started."

EDITOR'S PICKS

Can Jim Harbaugh help the Chargers finally reach their potential?
52mMultiple Contributors

Sources: U-M focuses coaching search on Moore
3mChris Low

Tracking NFL head coach firings and hirings: Latest intel on all four open jobs
2hESPN staff
Harbaugh was considered among the most desirable candidates in this coaching cycle because of his success in both the college and professional levels. Since his head-coaching career began in 2006 at the University of San Diego, Harbaugh has had success at Stanford and Michigan, and in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers.

There's also Harbaugh's Chargers connection: He played quarterback for the team for two seasons (1999-2000).

"Jim Harbaugh is football personified, and I can think of no one better to lead the Chargers forward," owner Dean Spanos said in a statement. "The son of a coach, brother of a coach and father of a coach who himself was coached by names like Schembechler and Ditka, for the past two decades Jim has led hundreds of men to success everywhere he's been -- as their coach. And today, Jim Harbaugh returns to the Chargers, this time as our coach. Who has it better than us?"

Spanos cited the rallying cry that Harbaugh leaned on during this season at Michigan, when he would yell, "Who's got it better than us?" to players. It's a phrase he got from his father, Jack, as a reminder to be grateful.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/25/24 03:45 AM
Gotta git while the gittin's good.

I wonder why he was asking michigan for a guaranteed, no fire, contract? Does Pete Carroll ring a bell?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/25/24 06:01 PM
I think everyone but cle23 knows why. Innocent people don't ask for an immunity clause in their contract.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/27/24 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

There is not a program in the NCAA that is not guilty of some kind of cheating. Really this is no issue. That is why the NCAA President said Michigan won the Natty fair and square.

I think it has more to do with the fact that with NIL now, he (NCAA pres) knows what a toothless institution the NCAA is. Now he's kowtowing to the people that allow him to continue to get paid to do next to nothing while also pretending that his word (as NCAA president) still carries weight. He "allowed them to play," why on earth would he contradict that decision by saying otherwise? This wasn't a decision based on fairness or the rules, it was based on numbers after dollar signs. Michigan had too much money to throw into continuing litigation and the NCAA pursuing it could quite possibly have led to that body's dissolution.

I'd argue that everybody cheating would be more of an issue than just Michigan getting caught doing it. "Really this is no issue" feels like a bad case of rationalization.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Generic College Football Discussion - 01/27/24 08:26 PM
What Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan means for NCAA investigations as Sherrone Moore takes over as coach

Current and future Wolverines teams could avoid the toughest penalties from multiple NCAA cases

Michigan has named Sherrone Moore as the successor to Jim Harbaugh, answering the biggest question lingering over the future of Wolverines football. Moore's promotion from offensive coordinator comes after he went 4-0 as acting head coach in the 2023 regular season, first serving as one of a rotating cast of interim coaches and then getting the nod for the final three games as Harbaugh served a Big Ten-imposed suspension. He played a huge role in establishing Michigan's identity for its championship run as offensive line coach, and now Moore takes the helm at a point where the Wolverines' stock is as high as it's been at any point in the 21st Century coming off its first national title win since 1997.

Moore also takes the helm as the program is still in the midst of two NCAA investigations. According to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd, these ongoing probes are a big reason why Harbaugh's contract negotiations with Michigan included immunity from being terminated in the event he faces major NCAA violations.

Harbaugh's gone now, however. Moore has already served a one-game suspension as part of Michigan's self-imposed penalties for the first investigation, but there could be more penalties from that case that he will now have to deal with as head coach. There is also the potential for the NCAA's second case, the sign-stealing scandal, to reach Moore's doorstep as the enforcement department tries to determine how many -- if any at all -- Michigan coaches were aware of Connor Stalions' prohibited in-person scouting scheme.

Either way, Moore, now as head coach, will have to lead Michigan through whatever punishments or penalties come from the NCAA as a result of these two ongoing investigations. So what can we expect, and when will we see a resolution for the Wolverines?

Two NCAA cases on different timelines

Michigan received a formal notice of allegations for the first case on Dec. 20, 2023. The program was charged with four Level II violations for illicit recruiting and coaching during the COVID-19 dead period, and Harbaugh faces a Level I violation for misleading investigators. The school self-imposed a three-game suspension for Harbaugh at the beginning of the season as well as a one-game suspension for Moore to try and mitigate the fallout from any potential penalties, but the NCAA Committee on Infractions rejected a negotiated resolution proposal. That means the case will go through the NCAA's judicial process.

Then there's a second -- and much more controversial -- investigation tied to prohibited off-campus scouting and sign-stealing. The NCAA has yet to issue an official notice of allegations, though reports surrounding the scandal suggests that that more violations are coming.

Among those potential infractions is a Level I violation for Harbaugh under coach responsibility provision, which was updated in January 2023. The updated interpretation holds a head coach accountable for any actions of his/her staff that lead to Level I violations. That updated coach responsibility provision reportedly played a big role in why Harbaugh's agent requested to update the language of his contract with Michigan. So if Connor Stalions -- the staff member who allegedly guided the prohibited scouting operation -- or any other assistant coach is charged with a Level I violation, Harbaugh could be held accountable as well.

Harbaugh sitting the final three games of the 2023 regular season -- wins against Penn State, Maryland and Ohio State -- was the result of punishment from the Big Ten for a violation of its sportsmanship policy. Michigan could argue the suspension serves as a mitigating factor in the case, but officially, it is the three-game suspension at the beginning of the season, not the end, that's tied to NCAA issues.

Potential penalties for Harbaugh

Individually, each of these investigations could have resulted in another suspension for Harbaugh in the 2024 season under the coach responsibility provision. But stacked on top of each other, the NCAA could have charged Harbaugh as a repeat offender, which is an additional Level I violation. Multiple Level I violations for a head coach have, in the past, led to the NCAA issuing a "show-cause" punishment.

The show-cause greatly restricts an individual's ability to coach at an NCAA institution for a set period of time, requiring that school to "show cause" for employing an individual with a history of violations by making them agree to NCAA punishments. When the NCAA handed down repercussions in Tennessee's recruiting violations case, former coach Jeremy Pruitt received a six-year show-cause that triggered a mandatory a one-year suspension should he be hired before the show-cause expires. A show-cause does not prevent a coach from returning to an NCAA school eventually; Houston men's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson (five years), Auburn men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl (three years) and UCLA football coach Chip Kelly (18 months) all spent time away from college coaching during a show-cause period.

Kelly's case most resembles what could be in store for Harbaugh. The penalties the NCAA could reasonably hand down would likely end up running their course all during his time in the NFL, similar to how Kelly's show-cause expired while he was coaching the Philadelphia Eagles and San Fransisco 49ers.

If Harbaugh were still at Michigan when he received a show-cause penalty or suspension that extended through an entire season, the school would have been forced to decide whether it was comfortable trying to navigate an extended period of time with an interim coach leading the way. Harbaugh staying with Michigan might not have created additional exposure as much as an awkward environment where university leadership had to stand behind a national championship-winning coach who was prevented from coaching due to NCAA violations.

Harbaugh leaving for the NFL, it seems, saved Michigan from making some of those tough choices. But it has not saved the Wolverines from facing punishments in both NCAA cases.

What Michigan can expect

Well aware of the specifics around the Level II recruiting and coaching violations from the first investigation, Michigan will not be caught off-guard by the results of the judicial process. With self-imposed penalties already in place, that case presents no real challenge to the legacy of the Wolverines' recent success.

But there are a lot of questions to answer for the prohibited in-person scouting and sign-stealing investigation. Will the NCAA be able to connect the alleged scheme to other members of the Michigan staff? Will any of those staff members still be employed by the Wolverines when the NCAA issues a notice of allegations?

We already saw one wave of staff shake-ups with Stalions' resignation and linebackers coach Chris Partridge's firing two weeks later. Though the school didn't comment on the move or release any details, the timing of Partridge's firing fell in line with Michigan backing down from its legal challenge to Harbaugh's late-season three-game suspension. Partridge vigorously denied reports of foul play on his part, but officially he can be counted as another casualty of the scandal.

According to ESPN, the Big Ten's decision to move forward with punishment for Harbaugh under the sportsmanship policy came in part from "information gleaned in NCAA interviews." Michigan's change in tone from defiance to acceptance was not an admission of guilt, but it implied the NCAA's case had enough evidence to be taken seriously.

Sending a staff member to attend home games of future opponents for the purposes of scouting and sign stealing is against NCAA rules. It is sensible to expect violations and punishments to come from the case, but Michigan can take some comfort in two things: First, many potentially connected to the scheme will be somewhere else. Second, the NCAA's approach on how punishments impact current players has softened in recent years.

Postseason bans have been less frequent, eliminating the shameful situation of current athletes — sometimes in the midst of a season — paying the price for a scandal that occurred before their arrival at the school. The coaching staff may have to deal with a few less scholarships or restricted days for recruiting and scouting, but the punishment is not likely to be a heavy tax on the current or future Wolverines.

The biggest X-factor here is vacated wins. It is impossible for us to know the extent of the evidence until the notice of allegations is released, but Michigan will likely do as much as it can to prevent a sullying of their championship run in the record books.

Michigan should (and likely will) provide its case that whatever edge it gained from the prohibited scouting was not significant enough to put results in doubt, pointing to late-season, post-scandal success in 2023 against the toughest teams on its schedule. That seems like a fair argument, but what matters is whether it is enough for the NCAA, which might not be able to punish Harbaugh in the NFL but still can issue a crushing blow to the Wolverines in the record books.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...Z05XTNhpDwQyhS6vxPmn6ea87ohhjHvFt3VMq6tM

© DawgTalkers.net