Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Kind of an important game here

Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
·
3m
#Browns Deshaun Watson gets pat on back from Kevin Stefanski, Andrew Berry and handshake from Alex Van Pelt.
I'm no body language expert but I'm starting to think he won't play. We'll know officially at 11:30 if not sooner.
He didn't make a throw longer than 10 yards.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
59s
DTR is starting, per source.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Deshaun Watson is not able to play today, source says. The #Browns turn to their backup.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
bummed out is an understatement

M
Legend
Legend
M
We win and fans call for DTR to start the rest of season.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
With Watson possibly out, it will be on Robinson to have a good game. which I believe he will. Hopefully the Browns can establish a running game to take some pressure off of him. Must gain good yards on 1st and 2nd down and limit the 3rd and longs. Have long, time consuming drives and score TDs when in the Red Zone, not FGs.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Ravens Defense linking their chops. They will blitz often. This could get ugly.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah, talk about a nightmare .. this is such an important game and it's such a tough spot for DTR

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Kimberley A. Martin
@ByKimberleyA
·
2m
24hrs ago, the #Browns were pretty confident in Deshaun Watson’s availability … and not so sure about David Njoku’s.

Well, in a surprising turn of events, Watson won’t start… and I’m told that Njoku (facial burns) is good to go

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
yeah, talk about a nightmare .. this is such an important game and it's such a tough spot for DTR

In some ways. I kind of feel like DTR is uniquely prepared for it for a rookie, though. Spent 5 years with Chip Kelly and has a lot of on the field college experience with the Kelly NFL influence.

Definitely gonna be an increase in speed to get used to, though. At least the Ravens aren't entirely healthy. Plus, the defense can hopefully carry a good chunk of the load.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
we are going to need to take the ball away 1-2 times IMO ... we gotta do anything possible to not let DTR backed up

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
·
52s
#Browns inactives: QB DEeshaun Watson, TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, CB Kahlef Hailassie, C Luke Wypler, DE Isaiah McGuire, DT Siaki Ika.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley
·
2m
Ravens inactives at Browns:

WR Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle)
WR Rashod Bateman (hamstring)
OT Ronnie Stanley (knee)
CB Marlon Humphrey (foot)
OLB Odafe Oweh (ankle)
FS Marcus Williams (pectoral)
QB Josh Johnson (3rd QB)

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Nice little break not having to face Marcus Williams, though Kyle Hamilton and Geno Stone have been duo for them.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah their DBacks historically give us fits

L
Legend
Legend
L
This game is 100% lose chance now. Our medical staff sucks. A rookie qb against ravens . We might get a fg. This team is cursed

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Outside of the Steelers or Niners, this is certainly the worst team to start against

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yeah going to be tough for DTR, and I'm not sure how good of a rapport he has with our starting trio (Coop, DPJ, Moore) as he was mostly working with strictly backups all camp and preseason, though I think Bell played some with him. I think they are going T off on DTR, especially since our running game isn't much without Chubb.

Legend
Legend
Something tells me DTR might ball out today. I dunno why.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
No chance. With no running game and stefanski liking to throw 50 times a game and never deviating. This could be ugly

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope whatever that something is that's telling you DTR will ball out today is more accurate than whatever that something is that's telling me it won't turn out that way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I worry an awful lot about the negative plays

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Ravens D is overrated, maybe?

The Ravens have gone from being a team known for it's defense to a team carried by Lamar. No Humphrey or Williams and Hamilton has been banged up. That secondary seems rather... pedestrian.

We'll see which version of Clowney shows up, though. If it's the one that showed up for us last year, we're golden.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
one concern: DTR had some snap issues in the practice sessions of preseason

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm glad that it's a home game. I'm also worried that it's a home game. The idea of not having to deal with a hostile crowd sounds good. We'll see how that goes.

Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Really, a rookie to start for the Browns only 4 weeks into the year at @uarterback????????????????

Am I the biggest dupe to believe in anything this organization does over 24 years? don't answer that.

I Mean,
Trainwreck to begin in t minus thirteen or fourteen min, actual time.

I can't believe they will start a rookie against Balt

WERE THEY AWAKE THE LAsT 30 YEARs.

Un, un believeably unbelieveable

Ravens 33 to 6. banghead probably

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Evan Washburn is annoying

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Hoping Hopkins has a perfect day, we are going to need him to be perfect today.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Defense is going to have to score atleast twice. I have a bad feeling that side of the ball will be exposed too. Battered fan syndrome I hope but we usually don’t have nice things very long

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that's a peaceful commercial

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Would love to see an actual return game today as well, would benefit DTR a lot.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yes it would

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by leadtheway
No chance. With no running game and stefanski liking to throw 50 times a game and never deviating. This could be ugly
change ugly to a freaking disaster ,

... what did they get in the dobbs trade?
how about the brissett trade? or whatever,
how about when Kace Keenmum was around, no no no
whether it's
JFF
or Brady @uinn,
or Dihone Kizer,
or or take yhour pick, even Baker started within 4 week of his rookie year,
but
hey,
do it against Baltimore,
THIs Is COMIC BOOK sTUPID
only a comic book vilian would be so dumb as to think this formula would work, even after all the times

we've seen it not,

hmmmmm, seems planned to me, by the league or new yor or somebody.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
ravens ball to start

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well I know that they wanted to give J.Dobbs a chance to start for a team but this is the exact reason you should have a experienced backup. And apparently our TE1 gotta learn how to start a fire!!!!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
cmon D

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
great day there

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
how are there empty seats

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
man what a short kick

L
Legend
Legend
L
What a short kick

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 Ravens 28 Gameday vs Baltimore

Link Copied to Clipboard