Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2031950 10/01/23 04:14 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
It's over the game is over, more than that too.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I was dead wrong about DTR. That was really, really bad.

We are in big trouble if Watson can't play for awhile.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Can we now please stop all the DTR is the next coming. He has a long way to go, especially when it comes to reading Defenses.

Preseason ain't the Real season

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Honestly what did everyone expect when Dw couldn’t play? When I heard that I knew it was a loss. Our D still played well but obviously our O couldn’t move the ball. DTR is not ready now but that doesn’t mean he can’t improve for the future. I just hope that Dw can heal and be ready in 2 weeks or we’re in trouble.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I’ve been saying all year that if this version of the Browns doesn’t get to the Superbowl, then it will never happen in my lifetime. It’s very clear that this is an 8 win team at best. Imagine the sentiment after we get stomped by the 49ers in two weeks.
My postgame thoughts: The Browns are very, very lucky to have the fan base that they have. I am so glad that I stopped buying season tickets a decade ago. Never Again.

Legend
Legend
Postgame thoughts:

1st: Vomit

2nd Vomit again

3rd: WTF happened to our OL?

4th thought: WTF happened to our defense?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I want to answer Nathan Zegura, he said " it's just one game"

and he inferred, by the time of kickoff, when Watson was out " it wasn't a game you were supposed to win"

No dude, No

if feel like 300 game since Nineteen ninety nine against Pitt and Balt.

2. How many times has first place in the div been on the line, , IN 23 YEARs????

3. You still had a Defense that played the best 3 games statistically of any nfl team in any 3 game stretch since 2000
at the kickoff of this game.

4. you did not have to Put your rookie @uarterback, the backup, in that many drop back situations,
even in the First @uarter, when the score was 0 to 0
0 to seven
3 to seven, or even at
3 to fourteen.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Honestly what did everyone expect when Dw couldn’t play? When I heard that I knew it was a loss. Our D still played well but obviously our O couldn’t move the ball. DTR is not ready now but that doesn’t mean he can’t improve for the future. I just hope that Dw can heal and be ready in 2 weeks or we’re in trouble.

This might be the most common sense, logical thing I have read today.

As a side note, went to Bengals and Steelers message boards, Bengals want head coach, OC & DC fired and poster Steeler poster want OC fired obviously, but some want DC & fewer yet want Tomlin fired. I guess we are normal.

Nothing to do with our game but why was Burrow playing down 24 points with 5 minutes left?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Stefanski and his horrible play calling given the situation HAS to be addressed. It was embarrassing

2 members like this: Tackman, bbrowns32
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
That was really, really bad.

No, it was worse than that. Stefanski almost got DTR killed out there with his criminal play calling. I continue to like what I see (even with very few carries) from Strong Jr....he reminds me somewhat of D-Earnest Johnson. I won't say anymore on the play calling until I have settled down.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
L
Legend
Legend
L
I said before the game 3 points would be all we get.. not because I didn't think we could score more, but knew Stefanski would do exactly what he did. They really need to take a long look at stefanski at the bye and come out of the bye with someone else calling plays.. Too many times we've been held back by his playcalling.. its more evident when we have stars go down.. Teams like Baltimore can take practice squad players and make them look good because Harbaugh is 10000000000000000000000x better coach than stefanski.. When things aren't perfect, coaching is what wins and loses games, and we've lost too many because of that. We can't afford another wasted season waiting to see if the light comes on for him.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
For the Future???

We had twenty sixteen, to wait for a draft pick
twenty seventeen to wait for a draft pick at @uarterback,
then we had a fix to get Watson
thenn we had a year of waiting on a suspension to end

FIRsT PLACE IN THE DIV, ON THE LINE TODAY,

what new offense???

L
Legend
Legend
L
To add on, there are so many things we could have done on offense to help the rookie QB out. Sure it was evident that DTR was trash from the first series, so instead of changing the playcalling to mitigate that, KS leaned into it and the results are a loss. We could have slowed the game down by running it, screens, counters, design qb runs, draws, things to use the aggressiveness of BAL against them, much like they did us.. but no, we have a rookie QB, backed up to his end zone throwing 30+ yards off his back foot into triple coverage and underthrowing by 15 yards.., so what do we do next drive, we come out throwing again. Running game is a rhythm thing.. you have to let the Oline and backs get into a groove and start playing down hill.. we did nothing.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
2 members like this: Jester, THROW LONG
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Stefanski and his horrible play calling given the situation HAS to be addressed. It was embarrassing
Is his playcalling better or worse as a caller

than York was as a kicker.

... this happened in a home game,
with the lone top of the Div. on the line.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
JOK had a great game.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Don't tell me to relax that they have a rookie @uarterback,

Why have we as Browns fans, had to watch so many div. games over the years with rookie @uarterbacks
with @uarterbacks signed off the street in December like a ken Dorsey type.

how about we go the next 20 years without a rookie @uarterback as one of your top 2 @uarterbacks,
unless he's actually good.

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Seen enough of Stefanski - Hire Eric Bieniemy.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Legend
Legend
We've had some really bad Sunday afternoons together since 1999 ... and this one rivals any of them. It was AWFUL ... DTR is trash. Literally trash.

Stefanski didn't tailor our offense ONE bit for a rookie QB against the Ravens ... that's a crime. Just malpractice as a head coach.

Defense was exposed, gassed, injured, etc ... just not good

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
DTR! DTR! DTR!

OK...maybe not.

Why would people think he was going to be any good? He looked good against 3rd stringers on no stringers.

He's a nice guy to have, but we don't want to see him playing a whole lot.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I thought there was a chance DTR would ball out today, but I was terribly wrong.

Dude is still raw and needs a lot of work. Too many passes that were behind, ducks, floaters, and just bad reads.

The offense as a whole was just bad. Chief had a decent game.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
DTR looked like someone who's never even played lol ... Dobbs coulda come in handy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro
Those of you who’s still praising Berry and Stefanski as a competent duo maybe needs to ask yourself why we’re performing so inconsistent and how lack of depth on our roster affect our results. Every position and every player counts if you’re aspiring to be the best.

Once again our game plan was hugely affected by lack of quality on key positions but with an incompetent play caller the results was almost a given from the first snap. With a head coach that don’t know how to adjust our tactics when the game doesn’t go as expected then the players soon will lose faith in his ability to affect the result in a positive way. Our GM has the overall responsibility and that includes making sure we have a competent play caller and HC.

Watson’s injury and being without Chubb is off course two negative factors but if our game plan are so weak that we can’t even produce one single TD without our $230m QB then we aren’t close to be a SB contender, not even a candidate to win our division.

1 member likes this: Rottweiller
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

- DTR for Mayor! Just kidding, he blows. It's a shame this organization felt comfortable naming him the back-up QB on a team built to win now.

- This team is one step forward, one step back, one step forward, one step back.

- I never need to see Elijah Moore run the ball again. He's a JAG. Not convinced he was worth a second round pick at this point.

- Stefanski did nothing to help DTR today.

- The defense came back to Earth.

- 1-2 in the division and two of the games were home games. That's unfortunate.

- Jed Wills stinks.

- Hopefully Garrett's injury does not keep him out future games. Was wearing a boot after the game.

- Game balls to Hopkins and Bojorquez.

- I have a bad feeling Shanahan is going to tap dance all over Stefanski in two weeks.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
coaching malpractice line had me thinking,

he's like a public defender representing a criminal being railroaded.
if you cannot afford an attorney we can give you one, it won't be a good one. rofl

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
DTR looked like someone who's never even played lol ... Dobbs coulda come in handy

He could have, but in the end those QB's are hired hoping you can trade them. That was the deal with signing Dobbs when we did. It's what we hope we can do with DTR...too bad the tape isn't in our favor.....but is is early on that front.

The days of keeping a real back-up...a guy who can win you games is pretty much over. The economics of the game don't allow.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm still on the DTR train. He's poised and has a good arm. He got thrown into the fire today and his coach called the game like he was a five year vet. He needs reps and experience.

Stefanski...

1. 11-5, 9-8, 7-10.
2. 2-2 this year, 1-2 in the division, always owned by Harbaugh and Tomlin.
3. Has an embarrassment of riches of talent, including HOF caliber players, and doesn't produce wins, especially against the teams we need them the most against.
4. No signature wins.
5. No division titles.
6. Doesn't even coach the best unit on the team.
7. No one. Does less. With more.

This is the story of the Browns with Stefanski...if Lamar had been hurt, we might, and I stress MIGHT, have won but it would have been a nail biter down to the wire. As it was today they still had significant injuries. But as soon as Watson went down the whole operation fell apart and the Browns never had a chance. Would never happen with a Harbaugh coached team.

Steranski is not a winner. This continues to be proven out on a week to week, season to season basis.

We need a real head coach. He's squandered so much talent it's almost incomprehensible.

1 member likes this: Rottweiller
L
Legend
Legend
L
beyond a real HC, we need a new owner.. this group over corrected the coaching carousel and are sticking with an under-performing coach for the sake of not changing coaches. Fire stefanski at the Bye, let Callahan take over as HC, AVP can be OC and nothing has to really change

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We made a change at Defensive play caller and brought in a proven veteran winner and look where it got us, a complete turn around for the better. It's long past due we look at the Offensive play caller.

L
Legend
Legend
L
DTR could be sent to PS tomorrow and stay there for a few years...dude looked as bad as any QB we've ever had.. just like charlie frye. Meanwhile Dobbs has complete 72% for 549 yards and 2 TDs and zero picks and another 93 yards rushing and a td.. Not saying he's a world beater, but alot more chance of running an offense than DTR is.

Legend
Legend
DTR looked worse than Spergeon Wynn, Todd Philcox, etc

R
Legend
Legend
R
My best guess is Stefanski is not comfortable being a CEO head coach and probably is insecure about his value as a head coach if he's not calling plays.

But people always scoff when I say we need people who will prioritize winning. If Stefanski cared as much about winning as he did about calling plays, he'd make a change.

Legend
Legend
You're probably right Rish ... something has to change. I wish we'd try to give AVP the duties and Just make Stefanski in charge or being CEO

Legend
Legend
Disturbing game. What does this say when we run into the 49ers

All of a sudden the season doesn't look too promising.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
DTR looked worse than Spergeon Wynn, Todd Philcox, etc

I don't agree with this. Everyone who has been harsh of their criticism of him also acknowledges his coach screwed him. So what's the truth? It's somewhere in the middle. DTR was bad. His coach was bad. He needs reps and experience.

And let's not forget that the reason Watson is hurt is because we had to turn him into a RB to get some value out of him because his passing was so bad. He rebounded a little to feast on one of the worst pass Ds in the league but my guess is if Watson played in this game it's a repeat of the Steelers game and maybe we win, maybe we don't...most likely we don't because well, Stefanski.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

- DTR for Mayor! Just kidding, he blows. It's a shame this organization felt comfortable naming him the back-up QB on a team built to win now.

- This team is one step forward, one step back, one step forward, one step back.

- I never need to see Elijah Moore run the ball again. He's a JAG. Not convinced he was worth a second round pick at this point.

- Stefanski did nothing to help DTR today.

- The defense came back to Earth.

- 1-2 in the division and two of the games were home games. That's unfortunate.

- Jed Wills stinks.

- Hopefully Garrett's injury does not keep him out future games. Was wearing a boot after the game.

- Game balls to Hopkins and Bojorquez.

- I have a bad feeling Shanahan is going to tap dance all over Stefanski in two weeks.

Milk,

Sorry for your disdain though very warranted. I'm so sick and tired of this "Rah Rah" sh_t every year. I've been saying for 2 years now that Stefanski sucks as a HC. He proved it again by putting another QB out there on an island all by himself to just get murdered. We have grossly overvalued and overpaid players like Wills and Njoku who everyone in Cleveland is still waiting for the lightbulb to come on and come close to being an average player in the league. I had concerns right out of the gate when we traded a 2nd round pick for Moore. Teams just don't trade 2nd round draft picks for a draft pick still on his rookie deal if he's showing promise - especially the NYJETS. Though I think the Browns defense is improved, I have a hunch that the first 3-games caught opponents by surprise and after watching film have now found some chinks in the armor. In typical Browns fashion though, almost zero adjustments during the game or at the half to answer what the Ravens were doing to us. Well, it's off to the other board so I can read about how Stefanski is still the 2nd coming of JC - disgusting!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I had a strong feeling that a beat down was coming this week. Not that anyone follows my comments but I really thought the Ravens were doing everything they could to muster the troops to solve our defense. I don’t think having DW would have made much of a difference, tbh. Maybe we would have made it closer. When I saw that DTR was starting I thought this could either be a nice wildcard surprise or a miserable afternoon. Welp…

The real story here is not DTR, it’s the now you see ‘em, now you don’t defense. We’re one of a sizable handful of very inconsistent teams in the league who look like completely different teams from week to week. We have legit players, but when they have an off game, the whole team just nose dives. You need players to emerge and play well when others struggle. That’s the chiefs. They rarely lose a game where some players didn’t actually play pretty well. Instead, we seem to all play well or poorly at the same time. That’s the sign of an inconsistent, steaky team that can’t be trusted on any given Sunday.

I also said that we’d need to look at least decent in this and the San Fran game in order to be taken seriously. I’m not calling it a season, we could figure this out. But I now officially have my doubts.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Legend
Legend
R
People are cropping all over the defense, and I don't understand why. They played winning football. They got hung out to dry by the offense. We weren't keeping every offense out of the endzone all season especially against Jackson.

And they didn't quit or give up. Previous Browns defenses would have hung their head a quit. This defense did not do this.

It was good enough to win with if the offense held up their end of the bargain.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I read your comments about the defense and wonder if you actually watched the game.

I can't for the life of me understand the criticism of the defense.

Legend
Legend
my only criticism of the defense was we got a little sloppy tackling, which hasn't happened all year ... but we gave them short fields, and never got them a rest

R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree with the sloppy tackling at times.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 Ravens 28 Postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard