Next Thread
Print Thread
#2032089 10/02/23 08:53 AM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I remember a couple of our previous coaches more or less canceling the by week for players- making them practice instead of allowing for mini- vacations. Romeo Crennel noted “we gotta get better” and made players stick around during the bye.

I’m willing to bet that had the Browns won yesterday, Stefanski Mai have given them an extra day during the bye week. However, with the way that the Browns played yesterday, I could see Stefanski making a few guys stay. I tried looking up the rules if the newsy CBA, and here is what I found: https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/24/section/2#:~:text=Bye%20Weeks,of%20four%20consecutive%20days%20off.
“During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff.”

Does anyone know if Stefanski is allowed to “suggest” to a few players that they stay back and practice during the bye week? Or do the players have to stay out the building until practice resumes during the following week,

Legend
Legend
I would hope the guys would suggest staying on their own accord after yesterday's debacle .. but our starting QB didn't even want to give it a go, so I doubt that it will happen.

We severely need our offense to get right. We get no easy yards, no simplicity, and no rhythm

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Rest for certain players is going to be a key part of getting better.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I would hope the guys would suggest staying on their own accord after yesterday's debacle .. but our starting QB didn't even want to give it a go, so I doubt that it will happen.

We severely need our offense to get right. We get no easy yards, no simplicity, and no rhythm

To be fair, everyone watched Watson warm up and then grouped up to discuss him playing, so I highly doubt it was as simple as Watson saying "I don't want to play." If he can't throw the ball, what's the point of him being out there?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cle23
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

To be fair, everyone watched Watson warm up and then grouped up to discuss him playing, so I highly doubt it was as simple as Watson saying "I don't want to play." If he can't throw the ball, what's the point of him being out there?
Yeah, I'm sure he said "I can't do it today" ... at least that's what Stefanski said. It just sucks that it was yesterday of all games.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 Ravens 28 Bye Week, CBA Language

Link Copied to Clipboard