Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We're just never going to see eye to eye on this. You speak about how "perfection is generally unreachable" and then continue on to show how our election process is not perfect. I think a lack of perfection applies in both instances but it seems you propose to pick and choose in terms of where imperfection should be considered as justified.

I think we agree in many regards here. Almost on everything. Right up until it comes for trying to make the comparison to the king of England to our current political system.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Former Tennessee sheriff’s deputy in training found guilty after assaulting downed officer during Jan. 6 riot

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - A former Williamson County sheriff’s deputy in training has been found guilty of five felony charges related to his actions during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to the Department of Justice.

The DOJ said Ronald Colton McAbee, 29, of Unionville, was convicted for assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers; civil disorder; entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon; and engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon.

In late September, McAbee pleaded guilty to a separate felony charge of assaulting, resisting, or impeding an officer and a misdemeanor charge for an act of physical violence.

He will be sentenced on Feb. 29, 2024.

The following excerpt is from the DOJ regarding the evidence and happenings in McAbee’s charges and trial:

“According to the government’s evidence, on Jan. 6, 2021, officers from the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) responded to the U.S. Capitol building to assist the U.S. Capitol Police in maintaining the security of the Capitol from ongoing riots. At approximately 4:20 p.m., MPD officers made their way to an interior tunnel of the Capitol building. Here, they assumed a post in an Archway that provided access to the building’s Lower West Terrace.

As the officers arrived, hundreds of individuals gathered outside the Archway, some throwing and/or swinging various makeshift weapons at the group of officers. At about 4:27 p.m., an MPD officer positioned toward the opening of the Archway was knocked to the ground, kicked, and stripped of his baton. During this incident, McAbee was positioned on the south side of the Archway and was able to observe the assault.

After the officer was knocked to the ground, McAbee stepped into the Archway, grabbed the officer’s leg, and pulled him further towards the crowd. When a second MPD officer stepped off the police line to assist the downed officer, McAbee stood up, yelled at the officer who had stepped out to assist, and then swung his arms and hands towards the officer’s head and torso. McAbee made contact with the officer and was wearing reinforced knuckle gloves at the time of the assault.

McAbee then returned his attention to the downed officer and lifted him by the torso and shoulders. As a result, McAbee and the officer slid down a set of steps, with McAbee falling on top of the officer. The two landed in the crowd, where McAbee lay on top of the officer while other rioters assailed the officer for over 20 seconds before the officer was finally able to get up and work his way back to the Archway. The officer sustained physical injuries, including a head laceration, concussion, elbow injury, bruising, and bodily abrasions. The officer was transported to the hospital and treated for his injuries.

McAbee was arrested on Aug. 17, 2021, in Nashville, Tennessee.

The Court will determine any sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Department of Justice National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section. Valuable assistance was provided by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Tennessee.

The case was investigated by the FBI’s Washington, Memphis, and Knoxville Field Offices, which identified McAbee as BOLO (Be on the Lookout) #134 on its seeking information photos. Valuable assistance was provided by the U.S. Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department.”

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/10/11/for...ulting-downed-officer-during-jan-6-riot/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Feds seek 8 years for 'Bullhorn Lady' who smashed a Capitol window during Jan. 6 attack

Rachel Powell, a mother of eight and grandmother of six, is holding onto hope that Donald Trump is re-elected and pardons her.

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors are seeking eight years in federal prison for a Pennsylvania mother of eight who conducted "surveillance" on a lawmaker's home a few weeks before she smashed a window with an ice ax and a giant cardboard tube during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rachel Powell, who was 40 when she took part in the 2021 attack, was found guilty in July of nine charges, including felony counts of interfering with officers performing their duties and obstruction of an official proceeding. A sentencing hearing for Powell, now a grandmother of six, is set for Oct. 17.

Powell was identified by online “Sedition Hunters,” was named and interviewed for a piece in The New Yorker that ran a few weeks after Jan. 6, and was arrested in early February 2021. She has been on home confinement since September 2022 after violating her prior conditions of pretrial release, including by visiting a brewery with her 71-year-old employer/boyfriend.

After Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, prosecutors said, Powell developed an "obsession with keeping former President Trump in power," and talked about how she had "conducted surveillance at a female legislator’s home." Powell joined "caravan" protests in Washington in November 2020, where she said she walked around "with a little beater bar all weekend and wasp spray and knives in my bag."

On Jan. 6, before she smashed the Capitol window, prosecutors said, Powell was on the front lines as the mob overwhelmed police.

“Come on up, people, don’t be shy!” she yelled in one video, as she pushed against police barricades with her body. Powell, prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memo, had shown an "utter lack of remorse" for her conduct, which she bragged about online.

“IT WAS F--KING WAR TO GET IN. IF YOU WERE NOT HERE THEN STFU," Powell wrote the day after the attack. She said rioters "weren't f--king welcomed in" and that there was “lots of security" that "had to retreat into the building and fight back because patriots were relentless.”

Police, she said, "didn’t open the gates. The people trampled them. It was war.”

Since the Capitol attack, Powell has changed her tune, prosecutors noted, writing that she "has tried to portray herself as a victim and tried to shift the narrative from 'war' to 'police brutality.'"

But video of her actions Jan. 6, prosecutors said, left little doubt about her intentions, even if Powell now claimed — as she did in one recent interview — that she only broke the window "so that people had somewhere to go.”

A key video that went viral after the attack showed Powell using a bullhorn to organize rioters to "take the building," advising them on the layout of the suite of offices they'd entered as others plotted how to advance further into the Capitol.

"People should probably coordinate together if you're going to take the building," Powell declared, in the tone of a flustered school trip chaperone trying to corral a group of teens. Powell, her attorney claimed in a defense sentencing memo, is "remorseful for her outrageous conduct that day." Powell was "susceptible to manipulation," Nicholas D. Smith wrote, because of a brutally harsh upbringing that "was like something from Oliver Twist." Her impoverished parents "routinely engaged in violent altercations in front of the small child," Powell's mom was an alcoholic and drug addict and Powell was sexually abused beginning at age 12, he wrote. Powell has been diagnosed with "posttraumatic stress disorder; paranoid, schizoid and negativistic personality traits; and major depressive disorder," he added.

Just before the verdict was returned in her case, Powell's partner/employer Joseph Jenkins, Jr., brought three of her children to a fundraiser for Jan. 6 defendants at Trump’s property in New Jersey, where the former president posed for photos, signed a copy of his book and gave one of her children a “Make America Great Again” hat, which he wore to court for his mother’s verdict.

“Trump said he’ll be pardoning as soon as he’s in,” Powell wrote in a post on X.

Jenkins, in a letter of support, maintained his belief that the 2020 election was stolen, pointing the judge to the conspiracy film "2000 Mules."

"According to most Trump voters, the election results in Pennsylvania, where Rachel lives, appeared to be fraudulent. Trump had, and still has, huge support in our state," he wrote. "Books have been written, documentaries aired, lawsuits filed, and investigations remain pending."

Several of Powell's supporters also downplayed her conduct in letters to the court.

"If there were ever a person I know who would be brave enough to help bring order during chaos," one supporter wrote, "it would be Rachel."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...BJ-b2dDRgqkwOG3PQ0Hk_CvE1ivlGjh7b-27tJE0

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow, is she really dumb enough to assume that Trump would actually pardon her if he gets elected? Yikes

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Wow, is she really dumb enough to assume that Trump would actually pardon her if he gets elected? Yikes

LOL. That’s all she has. And 8 years …Pffft. She’ll probably get less than half that or an ankle bracelet like all the other traitors. Many will be released before the next election, so hardly any left to pardon anyways.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
“Powell has been diagnosed with "posttraumatic stress disorder; paranoid, schizoid and negativistic personality traits; and major depressive disorder," he added.”

This is mentally what it takes to be a donny voter.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
“Powell has been diagnosed with "posttraumatic stress disorder; paranoid, schizoid and negativistic personality traits; and major depressive disorder," he added.”

This is mentally what it takes to be a donny voter.

...Fixed it....

It may not be what it takes, but those would be/are understandable byproducts of picking from the choices presented. Some people just present more extreme symptoms.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Yeah let’s see a Grandmother vs Donnie the morally bankrupt rapist. And Mmm, who did we choose?

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Sadly if you don't support the lesser of the two evils the worse of the two evils will take over. We've seen how that movie turns out before.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Sadly if you don't support the lesser of the two evils the worse of the two evils will take over. We've seen how that movie turns out before.

You actually need two evils to support the lesser of the two.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We already have that. Thinking a man who will be 81 when and if he's sworn into his second term is the best the democrats have to offer is sad and inaccurate to put it mildly. I won't even bother breaking down the other choice.

Saying the lesser of the two evils doesn't necessarily mean the people involved are evil. Phrases have meanings that sometimes aren't literal but figurative. This happens to be one of those times. Maybe you simply didn't understand that........

From the Oxford.

the lesser evil

the less harmful or unpleasant of two bad choices or possibilities.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thank you for clarifying your statement. I won’t clarify mine, I think you know exactly what I meant. And getting old isn’t even a close harmful equivalent here.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It isn't an equivalent and I never suggested it was. It is however well beyond the average life expectancy which doesn't bode well for voting for a person you expect to be president over the next four years. I consider that option to be an unpleasant choice which falls within the definition.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yet we have McConnell freezing like a dear in headlights on live Tv every now and then and we hear crickets about his fitness to serve. What has Biden shown you that he isn’t fit?

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You don’t hear crickets about him…

You’re doing it again…

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Yet we have McConnell freezing like a dear in headlights on live Tv every now and then and we hear crickets about his fitness to serve. What has Biden shown you that he isn’t fit?

I have heard calls for term limits because of him and Feinstein because neither were fit to serve.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Once again you're trying to bring up a point I never made in the first place. Do I really need to recap that for you?

1. The odds are that an 81 year old man will not live another 4 years to fulfill his term in office. He is well past the average life expectancy already.

2. I don't believe that he is the best candidate democrats have to offer.

Now if you could stay on topic and stop throwing out accusations about points I never made in the first place that would be nice as well as a change of pace.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And getting old isn’t even a close harmful equivalent here.

Once again, who said it was? I certainly said and feel that Biden is the better choice between the two. What part of that escapes you?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think his diversion to McConnell there is a better example of what I was trying to footstomp in the other thread.

Last edited by dawglover05; 10/14/23 02:45 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I do as well. This was about the poor choices we have been left with between the two of them. And somehow mental stability was brought up out of left flied when I had never even mentioned that aspect. Weird.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The odds are that an 81 year old man will not live another 4 years to fulfill his term in office.
. Anyone can go at anytime bro. You nor anyone can say what the odds are. As Americans we have a right to work as long as we are alive and able. And unlike a few people younger than Biden on the hill, Biden is still alive and able. He beat trump at his own game and he’ll beat him again. That’s all I care about at this point. There isn’t another democrat candidate that has done that. And actually I didn’t mention mental stability here. I used McConnel as an example as what the GOP allows to continue with their own, pointing their fingers at the dems like you are now when things are similar. And you know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m done with you right now. I got to simmer on this s.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Anyone can go at anytime bro. You nor anyone can say what the odds are.

I can. Compared to a 60year old, 6.5x higher starting the term and more than 10x higher before he would finish.

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html#fn1

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

I can. Compared to a 60year old, 6.5x higher starting the term and more than 10x higher before he would finish.

You know what they say about stats right? They’re for losers like the GOPers and trump.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

You know what they say about stats right? They’re for losers like the GOPers and trump.

And dead people. Stats are for dead people too.

Statistics also say people that can't complete sentences, fall up stairs, turn into a human Roomba after every press conference, and can't contain the loose-canon in the family crime syndicate -- should probably not be president.

Legend
Legend
That’s so hollow…ween of you.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The average life expectancy wasn't created by Republicans. It is what it is. The odds are what they are. Trying to deny that wreaks of desperation.

The average life expectancy for a male in the U.S. is around 77. It is what it is no matter how hard you try to dance around it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dance around this. Biden isn’t an average Joe.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We are all average Joe's. Some just have themselves convinced they're not.

But if one were to look at the physical shape of both Trump and Biden, Joe is in much better shape and there isn't much difference in their ages. I believe neither of them have a 50/50 chance of living out their presidency if elected.

Both parties should be expected to do better than this.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You are being desperately obtuse at this point, bro.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dance around this. Biden isn’t an average Joe.

So you're saying he's a below-average Joe?
poke

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
He beat trump at his own game. Hell, even the most deplorable or moderate republican can’t do that. Lol

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Legislation-wise, best POTUS of my lifetime.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I want some of what you're smoking.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

So you are twelve!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So you are twelve!

I was thinking died on the table, but was resuscitated, so he started the count over.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So you are twelve!

That looks like you acknowledging that Biden is better than trump and Obama
But saying not as good as George W Bush

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Former Michigan gubernatorial hopeful sentenced to 60 days in prison for role in Capitol riot

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/17/poli...CEYJXz8IZqlLTW-VrgtyIF_daXiR9WTQC7UsWudQ

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So Trump’s latest rant… “We’re being railroaded!”

If that dumbass was being railroaded, he’d be behind bars already and disqualified from running. If anything, they have been overly fair to his punk ass.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, the headlines hadn't been about him for a day or two so he probably needed some attention.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout part 7

Link Copied to Clipboard