M
Legend
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
so now we rest up and coast until the PSu game

Maryland might be pretty good this year. They are undefeated and just took MSU to the woodshed.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
so now we rest up and coast until the PSu game

Maryland might be pretty good this year. They are undefeated and just took MSU to the woodshed.
yeah, maybe they're a little better. The spread will still be over 20. I bet we rest Marvin too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watched the OSU-ND game.

ND is pretty darn good
OSU is really good

The only thing keeping me from picking OSU to win it all this year is the Qb. He throws a really nice ball but I don't think he can see defenses well enough and he doesn't look good at all inder any kind of pressure. Thus year's oline isn't as good as last year's.

We might have the best receiver corp in the nation and he made them look pedestrian. The rest of the team can carry him until the Penn St and Michigan games. But he'll need to significantly improve if we are going to beat both of them

Just my 2 cents

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Rudy didn't hear his number called?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
still boggles my mind they wouldn't call timeout (if in fact they knew they were short)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
No timeouts... but...

Sounds like a good excuse right? Nope. They only had 10 on the field for the previous two plays, including the completion to the 1 yard line and the spike to stop the clock. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Meant to add:

I'm no coach, but the very first thing that popped into my mind when I first read this was: jump offsides, take your 8" penalty, and add your 11th player to the field, duh.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
the more I thought about it, the more I think they didn't realize they had 10

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think they did either and now he's just trying to cover his tracks. And not very well at that as FATE pointed out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Meant to add:

I'm no coach, but the very first thing that popped into my mind when I first read this was: jump offsides, take your 8" penalty, and add your 11th player to the field, duh.

One of the ESPN guys said they were taught to yell out for the middle guard to grab the ball in that situation to prevent a snap and take the penalty.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by FATE
Meant to add:

One of the ESPN guys said they were taught to yell out for the middle guard to grab the ball in that situation to prevent a snap and take the penalty.
The big question in this case is who is "they". None of the coaches noticed either, he's just covering his butt.

With that, I need to correct my previous post, took some twitter post as gospel and it was wrong.

"They only had 10 on the field for the previous two plays, including the completion to the 1 yard line and the spike to stop the clock."

They previous play was an INC. Sooo... After a full TO Notre Dame sent ten out -- INC pass -- no substitutions -- TD run.

Over that span, 32 seconds of 'huddle time', nobody noticed they were short-handed. Pitiful.

B
Legend
Legend
B
What was up with Day after the game saying we aren't soft?

I get he was fired up, but he sounded a little lunatic.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lou Holtz was talking about the OSU-ND matchup on the Pat McAfee show. He said something, and I'm paraphrasing, about the games OSU had lost they got out physical'ed in the trenches and he thought ND would do it again. Articles were written about it with headlines like "Lou Holtz calls Buckeyes soft." Think it was trending for awhile.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Think Days issue was more with the headlines about what Holtz said and the surrounding narratives that were spawned than what Holtz actually said.

Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Think Days issue was more with the headlines about what Holtz said and the surrounding narratives that were spawned than what Holtz actually said.

Ok...I don't know about the headlines and what they said. I don't follow OSU football to any degree. I guess you are probably right about that because just listening to what Holtz said, I don't hear anything I would consider a call out. He gave his opinion as to why OSU lost some top games and he was probably right.
I didn't hear Holtz calling OSU weak or anything like that.

I just heard the rant while driving back yesterday and was wondering what the heck that was all about. Just listening to the radio clips, Day sounded a bit crazed. It made me chuckle, thinking WTH?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I also kind of wonder if, to start out, it may have been somewhat calculated to reach the OSU players in a he backed us up, now we've got to back him up sort of way going forward. Urban was kind of known for pushing those kind of psychological buttons. Intense ending, Big win, huge crowd, emotions have a tendency to get away a bit.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I didn't take anything Holtz said seriously. He's like 90 and the biggest ND homer lol.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I looked at it was directed to his players, Buckeye fans, and also recruiting.

I know the '24 recruiting class loved it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I also kind of wonder if, to start out, it may have been somewhat calculated to reach the OSU players in a he backed us up, now we've got to back him up sort of way going forward. Urban was kind of known for pushing those kind of psychological buttons. Intense ending, Big win, huge crowd, emotions have a tendency to get away a bit.

I think you are correct as it being for the players benefit and riling them up. A "he has our back" kind of thing. And as Scott pointed oy it may also have rewards in terms of recruitment. I think players would love to play for a coach they think will have their backs and stand up for them. I don't think it was an emotional comment as much as a comment that had specific intentions and motivations in mind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I looked at it was directed to his players, Buckeye fans, and also recruiting.

I know the '24 recruiting class loved it.
yeah, this is how the coaches think and act ... that's the name of the game

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Buckeyes only streaming on Peacock brings pains for fans and businesses

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/buckeyes-only-streaming-on-peacock-brings-pains-for-fans-and-businesses/

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I took Purdue and the points today

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, this will be the first Buckeyes game I won't be viewing for a very long time and that sucks!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yes, this will be the first Buckeyes game I won't be viewing for a very long time and that sucks!

I think that Peacock has a free trial

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's no offer for that on their home page.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Guess there isn't.

I thought they used to.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They probably did at one point. Most of them do on and off.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
At about 400 p.s.i. Selling out the fans. The OSU must need THE money. This conference is getting weirder with less regard for fans.
I believe I read a mention of a political bill to ban this setup; anybody heard about it? Kind of ironically weird that mercenary politicians would legislate against a bald-faced cash-grab like this if The OSU wants to sell out. Not good for the sport or for its loyal fans IMO.

Last edited by Bard Dawg; 10/14/23 12:12 PM.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Screw Peacock. I’m not buying their stupid subscription just to watch a game. Meanwhile the rest of the time it’s Friends reruns and other such garbage viewing. Why would anyone pay for it?
The Bucks will just have to win without my, or a bunch of other fans, eyes.
Meanwhile the Big10 network is airing Sparty v Rutgers… so they won’t be gaining any viewers either. What a waste of a channel.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I didnt even know the game was on peacock until I tried to find it ... ugh

P
Legend
Legend
P
Certain games being played on the Peacock Network was a small part of a large contract the Big 10 signed. It has nothing to do with "OSU needing the money". They fall under the contract the Big 10 conference agrees to. OSU doesn't have an independent TV contract with anyone. So maybe if you had bothered looking into it just a little bit you wouldn't have made such a silly rant about OSU selling people out. Dear Lord.

And as it pertains to the political aspect you mentioned, it was very easy to find if anyone was actually interested. But i think this too is nothing more than hot air with no substance....

Ohio State-Purdue Game on Peacock Has Lawmaker Eying Legislation on College Football Streaming

The Big Ten is enjoying the fruits of a seven-year, $7 billion media deal signed in August 2022—one that will put the audience in front of national audiences on Fox, CBS and NBC for years to come.

However, it has come at a cost to the common fan. The conference has relegated a few football games (along with a glut of basketball games) to Peacock, NBC’s streaming service. Michigan, Penn State and Michigan State all have taken turns playing streaming-only contests in 2023; No. 3 Ohio State is up Saturday afternoon against Purdue.

With a headache for a college football-crazy state looming, Ohio Sen. Bill DeMora told Hailey BeMiller of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he intended to introduce legislation addressing the practice.

“I’ve heard from a lot of folks that are pissed off that the local bar doesn’t have the game or they have to spend X amount of money to buy one football game on this Peacock network so they can watch Ohio State,” the Democrat from Columbus said.

Central to DeMora’s argument is a belief that the Buckeyes, nominally representative of a publicly funded institution, should be required to offer an over-the-air alternative to view streaming-only games.

“There are very few Buckeye fans bigger than me in all of the Ohio State universe,” DeMora said, “but certainly in the Legislature.”

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/...awmaker-legislation-streaming-broadcasts

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

20 to nothing with the Buckeyes on top at halftime.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

27-0. It's 4th and 3 and Purdue elects to send in the FG team for a chip shot. Kicker rips it wide left for his 3rd FG miss of the day.

Boo birds rain down from the Purdue faithful. That team is a mess.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Burke taken to the locker room with lower body injury.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Buckeyes up 41-7 with the ball and 3 minutes left.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that was a nice, easy win .. and RBs rested

Legend
Legend
that was a nice, easy win .. and RBs rested

Hopefully everyone is healthy for next week... it was a nice game to watch... zero stress as it was never in doubt...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yes, next week's game will be a little more stressful

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ohio State Buckeyes

Link Copied to Clipboard