Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
So, aside from Brisset, are there any other QB’s available???

Unless you can convince Brady to come out of retirement there isn't much: Wentz or Ryan would be about the only ones that would be considered an upgrade.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
dawg66 #2037167 10/22/23 05:55 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Right and it won't cost us any draft capitol either. We need a vet backup right now.

Legend
Legend
would Brady dare? ... hmm

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
No he wouldn’t
If we go get another backup 😂 and I do not think that’s happening, probably be Wentz.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Wentz would start for this team unless Watson turns it around.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't feel Watson is turning anything around.

He got the "rusty" excuse last year. He got the "rusty excuse" this year. He got the injury excuse this year. He's also cashing $2.7 mill plus checks every week. If he can't play, he can't play.

I don't know............did he go out today READY to play? Or did he go out ready to say he played? His throwing motion was terrible in his, what, 5 pass attempts?

We need a qb.

L
Legend
Legend
L
We will have one when he plays next week. Or if he doesn’t.
After he played very well in the Titans win, we were all good with him. He’s barely practiced the last four weeks, but they in mind, I don’t understand why he was yanked today. I think his shoulder was aggravated today, needs more time. Just my opinion of course. Who knows though?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hmmmmmmm, wonder what Big Ben's arm is feeling like after some time off. willynilly

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Hmmmmmmm, wonder what Big Ben's arm is feeling like after some time off. willynilly

LOL

Convince Brady to unretire

Watson is Horrible

Legend
Legend
Watson looks very well cooked and/or injured. I really can't believe how bad he's looked playing for us

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I dont think watson will play effectively rest of the year with the injury, but lets not pretend this offensive system is good.. alot more wrong with it than watson and alot of it was masked because nick chubb put a tremendous amount of pressure on defenses. But that being said, knowing that we've probably punted another year with Watson(which Berry should lose his job over, among other moves) we have to get some production out of the QB position. Two ugly wins in a row, great, better than two ugly losses but it doesn't detract from the fact that PJ walker is a very bad quarterback. I think the refs are helping us tremendously on some very bad calls that on one hand I'm finally glad we are on the receiving end of now, but on the other, make no mistake are the only reason we have won the last two games. So we have the deadline coming up after the next game but I don't think we can wait. What options are there, Matt Ryan or Wentz if we don't want to trade.. meh both probably are 10000x better than walker but not sure I want someone who hasn't been in camp all year. Obviously the best candidate would be cousins if it could be done, Second best would be trading for Brissett, while nothing special, he protects the ball and as is already familiar with this "system" Beyond that some names I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on, Tyrod Taylor, Jameis Winston, and heres one that might be surprising, Mac Jones. I don't think cousins would cost as much as some thing since he's on an expiring contract.. most talking heads thinks he will wave his clause to go somewhere to win. He wouldn't need much time since he's familiar with stefanski's "system"

But beyond that, i think we need to look at RB's and Wr's. I think hunt is better than ford, but I'm not sure Hunt is ready for a full load.. I just don't think ford is an every down back. Statistics back that up. We could take a flyer on henry, I think TN is going to go fire sale.. Tannehill might be available too. Henry will be a FA after this year so would be a good rental candidate, I also would ask Indy about Moss, with Taylor the obvious RB1, Moss might become available.

Wr's, we have Copper and JAGS. Some obvious names like Adams(who has said he wants out) Jeudy, I could also check in about Hunter Renfrow. He's been buried in LV and he's good. The last spot I would look for is some speed at LB, Jok is fast but he gets erased alot in run game. Hes made some plays in space this year and looks to be doing well, but the others are not good. We need more speed there. Not alot available there. I think we could also maybe call arizona up and see if Ertz is available for a TE, Njoku I think has alot of potential but its never clicked for him.. he's just meh, but he's getting paid like he's a superstar, outside of that there are no reliable te targets on the team. Ertz would be a big body possession type guy.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
You mentioned Arizona (who might be in sell mode now) ... Hollywood Brown has been rumored to be on the block, though I'd bet his contract is too pricey

In terms of RBs, it looks like we're going to need one somehow if Ford's injury is even a few week thing

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
None of the above moves will fix the problems if the Browns don't address the o-line. Wills is absolutely stinking up the joint and I see no movement of him getting better.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
You mentioned Arizona (who might be in sell mode now) ... Hollywood Brown has been rumored to be on the block, though I'd bet his contract is too pricey

In terms of RBs, it looks like we're going to need one somehow if Ford's injury is even a few week thing

I don't know about RB. Hunt we know about, and Strong has looked good in his limited chances. We also have Deon Jackson, but we don't know much about him due to limited chances.

Now if Ford is going to be out 6 weeks, then we might look to trade or grab someone off a teams practice squad. All the players on a practice squad are guys who just missed making their team. For many of those guys, it wasn't a matter of not being good enough, it was more a numbers game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe we could get Josh Dobbs and a 7th for a 4rh rounder?
(Picked a 4th rounder bc we traded him and a 7th for a 5th rounder)

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
you reminded me of a guy who we wanted but couldn't get off of a practice squad: Trey Sermon. That could be a possibility IMO

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How DW will play this year is up to him.

What we need to see is him playing games. Speculation without documentation or verifiable evidence of his health is meaningless.

When DW has played games where we can see a valid sample size; then we have a true gauge.

It is understandable that people are confused. They want answers now. That is normal fan reaction.

PJ Walker does not look the part. However, we really do not know. We have not seen very much. I agree that if we can find a better option it should be explored.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c
Our needs (from my POV): A competent, serviceable QB - a top-flight rental LB - and another body at RB. We don't need another WR or TE: we simply need to make use of who we've already got...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
DW did play very well against the Titans. That's the guy we need as our QB. But he got hurt in that game, we assume, and hasn't been the same since.

O
Legend
Legend
O
AB needs to jump on the "F them picks" bike one more time and go get Brissett. If we're going to make a move at QB, that's the one. He's not playing, he's gonna be the most plug-and-play guy we could ever hope to find, and he is an actual known quantity (people that are saying Wentz and Ryan would be an upgrade are using a HEAVY dose of optimism).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
3 members like this: jfanent, Tackman, Day of the Dawg
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Until DW plays in multiple games in a row. We don't know squat.

Fans want the test answers before the test.

Reaching speculation is nonsense.

The team is 4-2. We are in the hunt. We won two games with a guy fresh off the practice squad. Against teams that played hard to beat us.

But of course that is not enough for some folks.

I truly believe that if we were to win every game 42-0. There are some who would find fault and complain about something.

I don't know if I am in the minority but I was thrilled to win the last two games. I don't give a damn how we did it.

Right now there are plenty of teams who would like to be 4-2. Myself I am happy to have that record.

Are there answers that must be found out. Absolutely. DW needs to play games. If we are going to stay in the playoff picture. We are going to have to have better quarterback play.

Legend
Legend
the backup QB thing has really backfired .. we couldn't/didn't re-sign Brissett and then traded Dobbs .. we would be in better off with either of those two guys

obviously Berry can't read the future, but we're in a tough spot now

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I readily admit my math stinks,but 6 games last year plus 3 games this year,equals multiple games in arow.The honest truth is he has stunk in 8 of those.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Until DW plays in multiple games in a row. We don't know squat.

Fans want the test answers before the test.

Reaching speculation is nonsense.

The team is 4-2. We are in the hunt. We won two games with a guy fresh off the practice squad. Against teams that played hard to beat us.

But of course that is not enough for some folks.

I truly believe that if we were to win every game 42-0. There are some who would find fault and complain about something.

I don't know if I am in the minority but I was thrilled to win the last two games. I don't give a damn how we did it.

Right now there are plenty of teams who would like to be 4-2. Myself I am happy to have that record.

Are there answers that must be found out. Absolutely. DW needs to play games. If we are going to stay in the playoff picture. We are going to have to have better quarterback play.

Watson has played in multiple games in a row

You post like he's a rookie with 8 games under his belt

He wasn't paid guaranteed $230 million because there were no test results

I personally can't handle watching him throw the ball into the turf of open receivers

Stefanski didn't put him back into the game because he stunk up to that point

And it was an excuse to keep him off the field

I want to see Watson be a good to great QB and start making the offense look good

If it wasn't for the Defense, the Browns could possibly be 0-6 or 1-5 with the horrid offensive play

Legend
Legend
Straight FACTS.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Two seasons are not in a row. The row ends and then starts again.

His last game before yesterday was encouraging. His performance in that game showed a very high passer rating.

Now he has sat for two games.

He needs to play games with nothing but his play on the field so we can really see where he is. Not with all the questions about layoff and now his injury surrounding his play.

Have patience we will see what he can do. There are 11 games left to play.

Jester #2037377 10/23/23 11:08 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I would go as high as a 3rd rounder and a 5th for Brissett.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc..

Watson is BROKEN...mentally and physically.

He looks like a QB who is out of shape and just a shell of what he used to be. On the field he looks lost and confused and physically he is fragile.

Can Watson be fixed...I don't know...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #2037379 10/23/23 11:13 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I understand how some of us may feel that way but DW looked good in the Titans game. If he plays like that we're all set. I personally think he's hurt worse than they're saying and it's affecting his game mentally too. JMO

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Home...there is always more to the story...stuff that the fans are not aware of.

But it's time for this front office to be honest about what is going on with Watson. I'm beginning to think that Watson's issues are as much mental as they are physical.

I do know that some issues can not be discussed openly due to an individuals right to privacy and cannot be openly discussed if the patient wishes.

I'm wondering if depression might be contributing and compounding Watson's ability to overcome his physical issues.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #2037390 10/23/23 11:48 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's possible Mac. We can all speculate but like you said, there's always more to the story. This situation sure seems like it.

mac #2037395 10/23/23 12:02 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Home...there is always more to the story...stuff that the fans are not aware of.

... I'm beginning to think that Watson's issues are as much mental as they are physical.

I just posted over in the gameday board some situational stats that may lend some credence to this. The numbers, to me, suggest that he isn't playing well at all unless he can just relax and sling it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
there were rumors that Watson was in therapy a few weeks ago, so there could be some merit to the depression thought

L
Legend
Legend
L
I buy that mental issue with Watson, I think the fact that he was elite in houston, was given a bunch of money and put the expectations of a city on him, was suspended and came back and not playing for a long time, being expected to get back to that elite level immediately and that not happening really cranked up the pressure for this year.. Then comes out and has a couple meh games and then get injured, its got to take its toll.. whether or not he gets straight or not is to be determined. If he is getting treatment, then thats a good sign that he atleast recognizes he needs help with whatever he's got going on.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
there were rumors that Watson was in therapy a few weeks ago, so there could be some merit to the depression thought

Regular counseling was one of the requirements that was part of his reinstatement. I think rumors are just that, rumors.

Having said that, I think depression is a social disease. Having people that really know nothing about you constantly bash you isn't good for anyone.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Regular counseling was one of the requirements that was part of his reinstatement. I think rumors are just that, rumors.

Having said that, I think depression is a social disease. Having people that really know nothing about you constantly bash you isn't good for anyone.
no doubt about it ... and Watson has been in a new, negative situation where he's not the hero. Probably a big struggle for him

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Wentz has arguably better career stats than Watson, but no one wants him because he is supposedly a jerk and hasn’t won the big games. Well, is Watson any different? I think we should go get him and let him learn the system. We currently have no viable option if Watson can’t return to form.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I buy that mental issue with Watson, I think the fact that he was elite in houston, was given a bunch of money and put the expectations of a city on him, was suspended and came back and not playing for a long time, being expected to get back to that elite level immediately and that not happening really cranked up the pressure for this year.. Then comes out and has a couple meh games and then get injured, its got to take its toll.. whether or not he gets straight or not is to be determined. If he is getting treatment, then thats a good sign that he atleast recognizes he needs help with whatever he's got going on.

You also have to mention that a large portion of the fans didn't exactly welcome him with open arms.

I am not blaming anybody, but it is a contributing factor that could chip at the guys confidence. I said this earlier, maybe this thread or another...he seems to have a fairly frail personality. He has been the top dog since HS, maybe earlier. He hasn't had to face any real backlash. He hasn't had to deal with things like this.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

We've officially hit the "Watson has depression" part of the season.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's not depression. He's caving under being a villain combined with high expectations.

I'm sure the shoulder is also not 100%

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trade Deadline

Link Copied to Clipboard