Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
I'm going to guess that we don't see him until the Arizona game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
What prompted me to start this thread was Stainbrook posting that the team expects Watson to begin practicing some time this week. It was quickly deleted.....not sure if it was meant for subscribers to their site or if he got it wrong (shrugs shoulders)

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
What prompted me to start this thread was Stainbrook posting that the team expects Watson to begin practicing some time this week. It was quickly deleted.....not sure if it was meant for subscribers to their site or if he got it wrong (shrugs shoulders)

Posted again....

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
the line has moved from -2 to -3 some places

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
30s
Watson: “I can’t put a timeline” on a return #Browns

Legend
Legend
Tom Withers
@twithersAP
·
5m
Watson confirms it is the rotator cuff. He’s not sure if he can get back to 100% this season.

Legend
Legend
Hayden Grove
@H_Grove
·
2m
Deshaun Watson says he has a “micro tear” in his rotator cuff. Like a strain.

Legend
Legend
Hayden Grove
@H_Grove
·
5m
Deshaun Watson said he discovered that he didn’t know he had a rotator cuff injury until Saturday evening before the Ravens game that he had a rotator cuff injury, due to swelling and what not.

Usually, he would’ve been told to sit, but wanted to try to play Sunday and couldn’t.

Legend
Legend
Hayden Grove
@H_Grove
·
29s
Deshaun Watson said he could be back tomorrow, could be back Sunday or could be back two days from now.

Said he’s truly day-to-day, but normally rotator cuffs take 4 to 6 weeks, according to the medical teams.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
He is not practicing today.

Not good because Wednesday is install day. Reps are important. IMO having had two rotator cuff surgeries. Your arm is dead.

You cannot drive the throws. You might be able to make certain throws like shallow cross and flats.

But deep outs and vertical throws you cannot make those throws. The ball will die.

Until he can drive the ball on those patterns. He should not play.

I don't think it is a case of further damage. It is a matter of inflammation and range of motion.

You don't wake up and bam are healed. The strength slowly returns as the swelling goes down.

Legend
Legend
so it sounds like he might have a while before returning then?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I had a rotator cuff injury in my throwing shoulder one year when playing softball. It is a question of time and not reaggravating the injury. That shoulder is basically useless regarding playing any competitive sport.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, I’ve had that twice in the last two years. Micro-tears in my shoulder, the doctor said my aging muscles were like old rubber bands breaking… it took me months to heal. I know DW is young, but it is still painful and takes a bit to heal no matter your age.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

After hearing the full audio of Watson speaking with the media on CBD, it seems safe to say he's not playing this week. I'm not confident he'll even be able to return for the Seahawks game.

If he still can't get on the practice field as of today, he's not going to magically wake up tomorrow or Friday and be good to go.

Hopefully, he is back by the Arizona game.

Here is a longer clip from Watson speaking today...

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Wow, I’ve had that twice in the last two years. Micro-tears in my shoulder, the doctor said my aging muscles were like old rubber bands breaking… it took me months to heal. I know DW is young, but it is still painful and takes a bit to heal no matter your age.

I have been going through the same, Bicycling and doing body weight workouts don't feel great but also don't make it worse

Waking up in the middle of the night on the shoulder makes it the worse, learning how to sleep on my back and a pillow under the shoulder

I shouldn't say this and please don't go back to all the non sense

I think most of you know I was buried alive in a ditch in 1991

Physical therapy didn't help much, but I found a massothraphist who helped me get back on my feet

She did deep tissue massage , and let me tell you it hurt ! but it also worked

Getting all the tendons ligaments and muscles loose helped so much

Im seeing her again for the soulder and it helps tremoundsley.

Please again everyone take this serious please. If any of you are fighting a rotator cuff issue try it

Have your traps lats and muscles surrounding the rotator cuff helped me so much !

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Grossi looks a lot like Big Chuck in that photo.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
After the second surgery I had. It still was far from right.

I went back to the Orthopedic doc. He gave me a cortisone shot deep into the shoulder.

It worked. The swelling went down. Range of motion returned.

I am sure he has received shots. I am surprised his shoulder has not responded better.

Each case is different. Mine had tears. His was from a hit not wear and tear. So a deep contusion may take longer.

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A players best ability is _________.

A micro tear is a bruise.

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Shoulders can be tricky. Nobody has many questions when a baseball pitcher is on the shelf with shoulder inflammation.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
A players best ability is _________.

A micro tear is a bruise.

Correct and with bruises comes swelling and swelling causes issues

Especially in a rotor cuff that a QB has to use to throw a ball

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
History is repeating itself. We had high hopes for the 2021 season and then Baker hurt his shoulder. Even though it was his non-throwing shoulder it still had an adverse effect on his ability to throw and it ruined the season. Might be happening again this year.

Legend
Legend
In rehab a power chair was delivered to my house. You sit in it. It has an arm rest. The arm rest is powered and it lifts your elbow.

You have very little strength. Driving a throw to deep route is not happening until the swelling is gone and range of motion returns.

I pitched. Then coached and pitched batting practice daily to a team. My shoulder was toast.

DW will heal. But how long it takes? It is like he said when he can deliver passes.

Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
History is repeating itself. We had high hopes for the 2021 season and then Baker hurt his shoulder. Even though it was his non-throwing shoulder it still had an adverse effect on his ability to throw and it ruined the season. Might be happening again this year.

It might. A off throwing shoulder like Bakes can have impact. The throwing shoulder is worse. With the off shoulder, it impacts accuracy more than anything. With the throwing shoulder, you can't throw.

You heal when you heal. There is no timetable. It happens when it happens.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
This isn't really about Watson, but I have a question should he not be able to play. I am not QB "expert" but wondered if some of you who truly know coaching or QB evaluation, saw anything in P J Walker against the 49ers, that gives you confidence he can hold down the fort for a few games.

I feel sort of positive about the running game since we did well against the 49ers who had been defending the run well.

Our next 3 opponents are less than stellar, and yes on any given Sunday teams can surprise. Our D is playing lights out and if our running game can work decently, we might not need as much from the QB position.

Thoughts?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Well, don’t turn the ball over is what I want most from P.J.
I think with another game under his belt and practising with the first team this week, he should be better on Sunday, if he plays.

Our D is elite and rarely gives up long drives, so we can’t be giving the other teams short fields.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I'm circling week 10 for a Watson return with a 4-5 record

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
This isn't really about Watson, but I have a question should he not be able to play. I am not QB "expert" but wondered if some of you who truly know coaching or QB evaluation, saw anything in P J Walker against the 49ers, that gives you confidence he can hold down the fort for a few games.

I feel sort of positive about the running game since we did well against the 49ers who had been defending the run well.

Our next 3 opponents are less than stellar, and yes on any given Sunday teams can surprise. Our D is playing lights out and if our running game can work decently, we might not need as much from the QB position.

Thoughts?

I agree. You still want balance to keep teams honest, but when you are playing a back-up QB, you want to be able to lean on the running game.

The thing about the running game is it is an investment. You have to keep pounding. It may not work as you want early, but if you have a good line and decent backs, both of which we have, you start gaining yards.

John Riggins was a perfect example. At the half he might have 35 yards gained. By end game he had 130. If you are good, sooner or later those 3-4 yard gains turn in to 7-8 yard gains. Henry is another. Guys like that with a good line just wear a D down, but it takes time. You have to stick with it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Great point and how often did we see Chubb do that?

Not only are defences a little worn down in the 4th, OL-men love running it late, because they don’t have to drop back a step or two in pass protection, but can move forward against the guy they’re trying to block, or at least have an opportunity to stand their ground.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
yeah, our trademark the past few years has been winning games late with our run game because of that ... I think we even saw it against SF this past week. The last 2 drives we were really hitting on some chunk yards on the ground

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I had a bad rotator for about 2 yrs, kept aggravating it. It sucks but the cortisone shot fixed my right up for about 6-8wks. I’m curious if they’ve given him the shot

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think my biggest issue with this is how poorly stefanski and berry handled this. They should have come out right away and said this and all this speculation wouldn't have happened and he's just an injured player who is in rehab protocol. To come out and say medical staff cleared him and you were surprised he didn't play.. I mean seriously.. If our medical staff is that bad, they need to go. So something still don't smell right. Rotator cuff is probably one of the most nagging injuries you can have. Theres nothing to do but just rehab and wait.. people try rush back and the cycle repeats. But to that end, I know DTR was a dumpster fire against Bal, but I almost rather see him than Walker against lesser teams. Walker has the propensity to be a turnover machine. Thats the one thing we can't have with watson out if we want to give ourselves a chance.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I think my biggest issue with this is how poorly stefanski and berry handled this. They should have come out right away and said this and all this speculation wouldn't have happened and he's just an injured player who is in rehab protocol. To come out and say medical staff cleared him and you were surprised he didn't play.. I mean seriously.. If our medical staff is that bad, they need to go. So something still don't smell right. Rotator cuff is probably one of the most nagging injuries you can have. Theres nothing to do but just rehab and wait.. people try rush back and the cycle repeats. But to that end, I know DTR was a dumpster fire against Bal, but I almost rather see him than Walker against lesser teams. Walker has the propensity to be a turnover machine. Thats the one thing we can't have with watson out if we want to give ourselves a chance.

I agree the messaging on this was choppy at best.

That said, being medically cleared to play and being able to play are two different things.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The dichotomy with DW is him needing to rest when he really needs to play.

He banks a good game with the Titans. A game we needed to see from him. You want to build on that and get into that groove. Where the game is slowing down. You are trusting what you see. Your timing is clicking. Chemistry is forming.

The defense is all in. Confidence breeds confidence.

You want the offense to find that.

And now he can't throw well enough.

When a pitcher has a throwing injury. He doesn't just come back. When he misses his starts with injury. Once he is healthy. He gets ramped up.
Gets a rehab start in the minors. He is watched closely. He may need a few starts.

Quarterbacks are like pitchers. This is a shoulder issue.

We want DW to return to form. He now is in limbo when we really want him playing and finding his groove.

I hope he can play.

O
Legend
Legend
O
It also sounds like they didn't fully understand what was going on, medically, until well after the Ravens game. It's really only recently that they've put out actual info on his condition. I believe what's been put out there was that he had a lot of inflammation going into the Ravens game, and once that went down they were able to see why he couldn't drive the ball.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
The mixed signals were confusing.

Medically cleared means no structural damage. It implies he is kinda ok. It also implies that playing will not result in further damage.

Deep contusion is a bruise. The issue is swelling. That is soft tissue. If DW was playing corner. He could possibly play.

However, it is another story throwing a football 50 yards. Anticipating open and fitting a ball into tight coverage.

Putting juice on a ball when it needs that velo.

DW will play when it is the right time for him to play. It is a bummer man.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
It also sounds like they didn't fully understand what was going on, medically, until well after the Ravens game. It's really only recently that they've put out actual info on his condition. I believe what's been put out there was that he had a lot of inflammation going into the Ravens game, and once that went down they were able to see why he couldn't drive the ball.

Could be, I don't know.

And to comment on something Bone said after your post. And it isn't even tossing the ball 50 yards. The weight of the ball makes a difference, but if your rotator is hurt, just the motion of throwing hurts. You could be tossing a whiffle ball 25 feet and it would cause irritation.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 39 Colts 38 Watson's Status For Sunday

Link Copied to Clipboard