Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
you can't play the game half way

it's a great way to find yourself out for the season.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
side note: one of my underrated favorite things about practice clips is watching the background change ... think about those trees/sky when training camp starts, now look at them, and then when it's winter in December ... fun to watch

I notice it, especially on my drives up from Tennessee.

Early on, everything is pretty much green. All the corn and soy beans are in the still growing stage. On the last trip to the 49ers game the corn was brown, and many of the fields had been harvested. The trees in Tennesse hadn't changed but were showing signs of heat stress except when I got up in the mountains outside of Knoxville. The color gradually started to show as I went north through Kentucky and Ohio.

My next trip is in a couple of weeks and the colors here at home will be about a week away from peak and gradually start turning barren as I head north. The harvested fields will start to be plowed under to be ready for the spring plant.

Then the snow.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 10/21/23 04:28 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
The issue with Watson playing is he has to be able to run to be effective. He's not effective just throwing the ball. The injury has to be 100% healed for him to play to his strengths. Not that Stefanski would alter the game plan to account for that, but if he's not 100% I don't know how effective he can be and the extent to which he can help the team.

Legend
Legend
IMO he does not have to run to be effective.

He has to pass efficiently. Playing quarterback requires sufficient movement to be able to throw. That will not be a problem.

Designed runs are useful at times. However, it is up to DW to protect himself by sliding.

KS did alright last week. On the play where Bryant flipped the ball to Kareem. The Niners bought the sneek.

He also adjusted play design to help PJ Walker. Giving him limited options and single reads.

If DW can throw then play the game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The question beyond the injury boils down to this. Is watson better in his current condition than Walker is healthy?

If watson is the better option on game day and is available and wants to play, the answer will most likely be watson.

I'm sort of on the side that says let him heal up first. But I'm not a physician, a trainer nor in the position to have enough information to make an informed decision in that regard.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Either way, if he plays or does not play, the colts are in the catbird seat.

The Browns will need to score 30, or realistically 23+ points to win, and are
set to 'give up' a defensive touchdown again,

which would mean the colts need to only score about sixteen, at home to win.

since Kevin has been the head coach, he must be what? 0 and 4 in games that could put the Browns alone in Ist place,
Kevin has routinely lost games you are favored to win.
And has coached better against the NFC than the AFC.

At game end you could be 4 and 2 and ahead of both Pitt and maybe Balt, ...

You think the NFL would allow that^ ? watch what New York and the refs will do to prevent that.

or at the end of the game you could be 3 and 3 and in 3rd place behind a head to head tie break with Pit and Balt...

and
at the end of the game the Browns could be in about 6th place in the AFC <<< the NFL, new York, and the refs would never allow that.

or be about eleventh place in the AFC in a mix of about I8 out of 32 NFL teams that would or could be 3 and 3.

Which one ^, do you think will end up happening?? If you, or I, think the Browns are going to win this game, ....
well, at least.
If the Browns win THIs Game, then I haven't been paying attention, for the last 36 years.

What you have here, is, Almost <<<<<<<< a guaranteed, win for the Colts. and when I 'pick games, I pick with my head not my heart.

and I said the Bengals would beat the chiefs about 4 months before they did the first time,
and Minshew is the perfect style of @uarterback to carve up this Browns defense

And DPJ has been back on the milk carton, missing in action
and Njoku is again only going to be a factor in name only,
And Amari can't make a great catch 2 weeks in a row,
and anything else you want to say < that I hope, motivates the Browns<<< to prove me wrong,

but,

my head says, almost, a guaranteed win for the Colts.

at home and.... underdogs at home , come on? against the Browns?
who are we kidding?
this is a layup, bet this game. :sigh, frown:

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So, you think the league ‘won’t allow’ this or that… So you think the games are fixed?
Why bother watching?

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
I live in America and watch football that is probably fixed, at least partly fixed. What a flaw I have.
Go Browns

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
America may be your physical location but I'm not sure that is where your mind is located.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Your head thinks and that is a problem.

Read what you wrote and try to make sense of it.

Good luck with that.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
side note: one of my underrated favorite things about practice clips is watching the background change ... think about those trees/sky when training camp starts, now look at them, and then when it's winter in December ... fun to watch

I notice it, especially on my drives up from Tennessee.

Early on, everything is pretty much green. All the corn and soy beans are in the still growing stage. On the last trip to the 49ers game the corn was brown, and many of the fields had been harvested. The trees in Tennesse hadn't changed but were showing signs of heat stress except when I got up in the mountains outside of Knoxville. The color gradually started to show as I went north through Kentucky and Ohio.

My next trip is in a couple of weeks and the colors here at home will be about a week away from peak and gradually start turning barren as I head north. The harvested fields will start to be plowed under to be ready for the spring plant.

Then the snow.
gorgeous drive this time of year ... it's probably one of those drives that you can really see the seasons. Thanks for sharing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
2m
Browns’ QB Deshaun Watson, listed as questionable for Sunday, is tracking to play vs. the Colts but also needs to pass his pre-game warmup test before the team signs off on it, per sources.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Thanks d4l but sphincter isn’t telling us anything new wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
Deshaun Watson won't be restricted vs. #Colts -- he'll start barring an unforeseen setback -- coming off the strained rotator cuff; Kareem Hunt iffy with thigh injury: #Browns Insider

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
lets hope he's ok

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
glad he's feeling comfortable enough to play

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. If I were him I would try very hard not to run much.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rather, I would be scrambling to the right and keeping the bad shoulder to the sideline. Gotta use the legs to be as effective as possible. Playing at less than the best he can doesn't seem like the optimal recipe for success to me. The running ability is part of what makes him what he is. Slide, get out of bounds, throw it away, avoid taking shots as much as possible, but keep the threat of the run alive.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
good idea about scrambling right .. I'm sure Indy will be forcing him left too haha

The part about sliding and running out of bounds is paramount too

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think scrambling to get out of bounds or avoiding hits is a good thing. I think trying to run with the ball as an offensive weapon to advance the ball while taking unneeded risks is a bad thing.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 39 Colts 38 Watson's Status For Sunday

Link Copied to Clipboard