Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/amazon-debuts-ai-warehouse-system-5806388/

Amazon debuts AI warehouse system
By Kara Reinhardt, Editor at LinkedIn News
Updated 4 hours ago

Amazon is revamping its warehouses with new artificial intelligence and robotics technology, beginning this week with a fulfillment center in Houston and rolling out over the next three to five years. The system, dubbed Sequoia, can identify and store inventory up to 75% faster and cut fulfillment time up to 25%, according to the company. Amazon said the new sorting machines, along with previously introduced robotic arms, are designed to work alongside employees and help reduce injuries, not eliminate jobs, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Amazon will also be testing a bipedal robot named Digit to handle empty totes.
The company is now using drones to drop prescription medications on doorsteps for Amazon Pharmacy customers in College Station, Texas, it announced Wednesday.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I just saw this, thanks for posting it as I work for Amazon.

P.S. I already knew about 'Digit' from a previous article from a few weeks back. Haven't seen him in my fulfillment center as of yet.

Legend
Legend
Must be why I ordered a non slip mat for my tub, and would up receiving a lip piercing kit. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
AI figured if you're gonna fall and bust your lip, you may as well dress up that mess with some blingy-bling. Always one step ahead of us. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Must be why I ordered a non slip mat for my tub, and would up receiving a lip piercing kit. crazy

Yes but that pierced lip looks OK on you. All you need are some Jelly Roll face tats to go with it.

Last edited by GMdawg; 11/19/23 06:12 AM.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
are designed to work alongside employees and help reduce injuries, not eliminate jobs,

For now.

I get it. The robots just do the job. They don't get tired, they don't complain, and they don't call in sick. A managers dream.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Amazon debuts AI warehouse system

Link Copied to Clipboard