Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump was fined $5000 for violating NY case gag order. This is what your donation dollars buys you MAGA men and women. Lol.

NEW YORK — A state judge fined Donald Trump $5,000 Friday after finding that the former president’s campaign website continued to display a social media post attacking the judge’s law clerk in violation of a gag order imposed by the judge earlier this month.

Justice Arthur Engoron also indicated that he would consider jailing Trump for future violations of the gag order.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/20/trump-fine-gag-order-00122832

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I don't think we are anywhere near the final chapter...My guess is that there are many more chapters to be written

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
And this is who the Republican Party and their voters decided to pledge their loyalty to.

Leadership starts at the top. And all anyone has to do is pay attention to how Trump behaves, and you now have a complete understanding of why the GOP is so dysfunctional right now, especially in the house.

Republican voters elected a bunch of people who told them they hate the government, and then act surprised as to why these clowns can’t govern when they have the majority.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Regarding Gym Jordan and the House Speaker saga....

Could "trying" to vote in Jordan be just an elaborate stall tactic? I only say that because it was that slice of Republicans that were using threats of govt shutdown to try to strong-arm some of their agenda through, and it was their slice that kicked this whole Speaker saga off (Gaetz... who hasn't really made a peep since this chaos kicked off). Now we have another shutdown looming and the name that keeps getting voted on to get the House going again was part of the group that wanted to shut it all down.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
It's possible I guess. I mean, if its underhanded, there is a better than even chance it's calculated. I just can't trust anyone from that party.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good question. I honestly think it might be giving too much credit at this point to put forth the notion that they had any plan, besides chaos, which I guess could be what you’re alluding to anyhow.

Gaetz has moved on to complaining about how the GOP has turned down Jordan. He seems like he just wants to break things for the sake of breaking things. I really don’t know what his end goal is, but I can guarantee it’s not altruistic.

I just try to find any silver lining I can. Like, hey maybe I’ll get mandatory vacation the week of Thanksgiving? You have to laugh so that you don’t cry.

Last edited by dawglover05; 10/21/23 08:35 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ha! what a plan that would be. Lol. But no way. There are republicans in the house getting death threats for voting against Jordan. Their plan was to ram rod Jordon on the American citizens plain as day. Despicable behavior from the dumb ass Gopers once again.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
The dysfunction as you call it is no different than the squad in the Dem party.

That is why I always say stick to a two party system. If you start with 3rd party, which we are seeing, nothing gets done. It took Pilosi a lot of arm twisting to stay speaker.

It's not a problem if you have a large majority, but if you have roughly a 50/50 split. It can cause chaos. I can also point to democrats and say they are a part of the problem and not voting yes to the nominee just to get the business of the country moving.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No difference lol? Yeah ok whatever. And you pointing at dems for not voting for a POS as speaker is ridiculous. The Gopers can’t even put up one decent truthful person as a nominee. Pffft. Get it together GOP.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That notion seems like an awful lot of deflection.

I can’t stand the Squad, especially Omar and Tlaib, who I probably despise more than Matt Gaetz, but Pelosi made it to the seat in one vote. Oh, and I don’t like her either, at all, really. I think she’s part of the establishment that enabled 2016. As far as I can tell right now, they’re all lined up behind Jeffries, who is way better than Pelosi.

I really don’t think we can point the Democrats as the problem - at least on this issue - right now when they’re not in the majority and they also weren’t the ones who filed the motion to vacate.

We’ve talked about our disagreement on the two party system before and I’ll just boil my stance down to two points. The first is the analogy that a lot of us might be fans of beef and chicken but were given the choice to choose between fish and vegetarian so to speak. The second is that what we are seeing in DC right now is the tip of the ice berg. The behavior is the result of money in politics and special interests overtaking representation of constituents. When money is separated from politics more effectively, multiparty systems work much more efficiently, and there is a wide swath of that being displayed in other countries.

As far as Republicans go, I want little else than for them to be fixed, but the first part of fixing the problem, is admitting that there is one. A big one in this case. Republicans have moved way in the wrong direction. That’s why you see people like oober, DC, Jfan, me, et al gravitating away. Democrats won’t fix the Republican Party. Throwing shade at the Democrats won’t fix the Republican Party. Conservatives need to fix the Republican Party. A good first step would be to kick out the obvious idiots, which are abound, and to stop promoting Idiot #1.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
How many republicans voted for Pelosi to be speaker? So you think democrats should bail out the republican dysfunction and if not they are the problem? Typical.

And yes, the squad makes a lot of noise. But show me an example where they've tried to pull something like this?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lol if Republicans really wanted to fix the issue they would. All they have to do is throw some votes to Jeffries. Fixed.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
How many republicans voted for Pelosi to be speaker? So you think democrats should bail out the republican dysfunction and if not they are the problem? Typical.

And yes, the squad makes a lot of noise. But show me an example where they've tried to pull something like this?

Exactly. Republican voters would riot if republicans voted for Pelosi in a situation like this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Here are some do-nothing-Dems doing something about it…

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Exactly. Republican voters would riot if republicans voted for Pelosi in a situation like this.

In many ways, Republicans have adopted an 'anti-Dem' platform to fill the vacuum of not having a coherent platform. A significant slice of the Republican party has built an identity of simply working against the other major party. Bipartisan anything is simply not feasible.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: Damanshot, dawglover05
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes, this x1000. That was by and large Jordan's whole platform, hence him never passing anything. When he was running for speaker, I wondered what his objectives would be, considering the paradox setup of him representing a now-majority whose primary goal was keeping the minority from doing anything.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Yes, this x1000. That was by and large Jordan's whole platform, hence him never passing anything. When he was running for speaker, I wondered what his objectives would be, considering the paradox setup of him representing a now-majority whose primary goal was keeping the minority from doing anything.

This is something you (and others) have pointed out many times in the recent past. I'm just thinking about it through the lens of my previous post (using the vacant speakership as leverage).

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So what's the skinny on Emmers? I don't know a ton about his track record, but raising 7 kids should have uniquely prepared him for dealing with Congress.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think his biggest negative to the republican party (though this is the reason I like him) is that trump doesn't like him because he didn't vote to decertify the 2020 election

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Majority Whip, 3rd behind McCarthy and Scalise.

Did not vote to overturn the 2020 election, Freedom caucus will hate him.

He would probably need Dem votes to win the Speakership.

I read that 7 of 9 wannabes voted to overturn the election. That does not bode well for anything bipartisan.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
GOP = the cult of personality

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
So what's the skinny on Emmers? I don't know a ton about his track record, but raising 7 kids should have uniquely prepared him for dealing with Congress.

From my perspective, he is cult member light, slightly better than Jordan, further right than McCarthy.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Jester
I think his biggest negative to the republican party (though this is the reason I like him) is that trump doesn't like him because he didn't vote to decertify the 2020 election

No, he didn’t support J 6th on the day of or in the days after, but he did later get involved in decertification efforts. That wasn’t enough for Trump. This is why Trump doesn’t like him. AND this is what scares me about him, will he try to be a good Trump trooper, or will he be his own man? I don’t think anyone knows that answer. I’d rather see the temporary speaker get the gig, and I know little about him.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/24/23 11:58 AM.

Legend
Legend
The dysfunction as you call it is no different than the squad in the Dem party.

BS... You don't see the infighting going on in the Dem party to the level that you see in the Republican party.

So, basically, I think your dead wrong about that.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

From my perspective, he is cult member light, slightly better than Jordan, further right than McCarthy.

Dunno bro. According to the brietbart community, Emmers is a Soros-backed never trumper with a liberty score of D.

And I’m not sure what a liberty score is, but I see it all the time in the comment section.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
‘5 Families’ and Factions Within Factions: Why the House GOP Can’t Unite

https://www.yahoo.com/news/5-families-factions-within-factions-120240747.html

Republicans have made no secret of their divisions. They openly refer to their various factions as The Five Families — a reference to warring Mafia crime families. They consist of the right-wing House Freedom Caucus, the conservative Republican Study Committee, the business-minded Main Street Caucus, the mainstream Republican Governance Group and the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus.

______

West side, throw your hood up!!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
"The Five Families". Sounds like the Mafia in 1920's Chicago.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Dunno bro. According to the brietbart community, Emmers is a Soros-backed never trumper with a liberty score of D.

And I’m not sure what a liberty score is, but I see it all the time in the comment section.

MSNBC covering him like that too today, but over the weekend they reported what I said… ??? I dunno at this point. He must be acceptable to dems or left leaning MSM would be going scorched earth on him, instead of making him sound like a viable option.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Personally, them getting a speaker FINALLY, won’t fix didley squat. They still have to get bills passed and don’t want to work with dems. the absolute dysfunction will continue. Working with dems is truly their only way forward at this point, and none of them want that “shame”, for fear of being primaried.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/24/23 01:54 PM.

Legend
Legend
Pretty much. He’s a moderate Republican, or in MAGA terminology, a deep state never trumper RINO in cahoots with the satanist cabal democraps.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Pretty much. He’s a moderate Republican, or in OCD terminology, a deep state never trumper RINO in cahoots with the satanist cabal democraps.

Fixed it for you.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, he damn sure backed decertification, just not enough for Trump’s liking… He spoke out against Trump immediately after J6th though…

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/23/politics/tom-emmer-2020-election-kfile/index.html

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/24/23 02:11 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Pretty much. He’s a moderate Republican, or in OCD terminology, a deep state never trumper RINO in cahoots with the satanist cabal democraps.

Fixed it for you.

And a troll says …

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
BREAKING
Tom Emmer drops out of House speaker race hours after winning GOP nomination
STEVE BENEN

https://www.msnbc.com/

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Ex-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows granted immunity, tells special counsel he warned Trump about 2020 claims: Sources

Meadows said Trump was "dishonest" on election night, according to sources.
ByKatherine Faulders, Mike Levine, and Alexander Mallin
October 24, 2023, 4:46 PM
link

Former President Donald Trump's final chief of staff in the White House, Mark Meadows, has spoken with special counsel Jack Smith's team at least three times this year, including once before a federal grand jury, which came only after Smith granted Meadows immunity to testify under oath, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The sources said Meadows informed Smith's team that he repeatedly told Trump in the weeks after the 2020 presidential election that the allegations of significant voting fraud coming to them were baseless, a striking break from Trump's prolific rhetoric regarding the election.

According to the sources, Meadows also told the federal investigators Trump was being "dishonest" with the public when he first claimed to have won the election only hours after polls closed on Nov. 3, 2020, before final results were in.

"Obviously we didn't win," a source quoted Meadows as telling Smith's team in hindsight.

Trump has called Meadows, one of the former president's closest and highest-ranking aides in the White House, a "special friend" and "a great chief of staff -- as good as it gets."

The descriptions of what Meadows allegedly told investigators shed further light on the evidence Smith's team has amassed as it prosecutes Trump for allegedly trying to unlawfully retain power and "spread lies" about the 2020 election. The descriptions also expose how far Trump loyalists like Meadows have gone to support and defend Trump.

Sources told ABC News that Smith's investigators were keenly interested in questioning Meadows about election-related conversations he had with Trump during his final months in office, and whether Meadows actually believed some of the claims he included in a book he published after Trump left office -- a book that promised to "correct the record" on Trump.

ABC News has identified several assertions in the book that appear to be contradicted by what Meadows allegedly told investigators behind closed doors.

According to Meadows' book, the election was "stolen" and "rigged" with help from "allies in the liberal media," who ignored "actual evidence of fraud, right there in plain sight for anyone to access and analyze."

But, as described to ABC News, Meadows privately told Smith's investigators that -- to this day -- he has yet to see any evidence of fraud that would have kept now-president Joe Biden from the White House, and he told them he agrees with a government assessment at the time that the 2020 presidential election was the most secure election in U.S. history.

'We did win this election'
Trump was already questioning the integrity of the election months before Election Day. Then, within hours of polls closing on Nov. 3, 2020 -- as Trump was beginning to lose key states -- Trump claimed on national TV that it was all "a major fraud."

"Frankly, we did win this election," Trump declared.

Meadows told investigators earlier this year that he's long believed Trump was being dishonest when he made that statement, given the fact that votes were still being counted and the results from several states were not in yet.

MORE: Trump moves to dismiss federal election interference case, citing 'presidential immunity'
Nevertheless, public testimony has shown that in the weeks after the election, Meadows helped Trump vet allegations of fraud that were making their way to Trump from people like Rudy Giuliani, whom Trump put in charge of legal efforts to keep Trump in the White House.

But Meadows said that by mid-December, he privately informed Trump that Giuliani hadn't produced any evidence to back up the many allegations he was making, sources said. Then-attorney general Bill Barr also informed Trump and Meadows in an Oval Office meeting that allegations of election fraud were "not panning out," as Barr recounted in testimony to Congress last year.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Meadows was the one that was the bridge between the lawyers, trumps kids, trump and the 25-35 members of Congress that was in on his little charade. And many in Congress asked for pardons. And a lot of correspondence was by text messages.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
BREAKING
Tom Emmer drops out of House speaker race hours after winning GOP nomination
STEVE BENEN

https://www.msnbc.com/

GOP is such a joke. Campaigns on telling the people they government doesn’t work and is dysfunctional, gets into office and does everything possible to prove themselves right.

It’s like me telling people that F-150’s are trash by getting an F-150 and intentionally driving it off a cliff.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Room ‘Gasped’ During Bible-Thumping GOP Conference Confrontation
Matt Young, Sam Brodey
Tue, October 24, 2023 at 7:55 PM EDT·2 min read

A room of House Republicans audibly “gasped” during a Tuesday confrontation between Reps. Rick Allen and House Majority Whip Tom Emmer, who had earlier won the House GOP’s nomination for Speaker.

A source familiar with the showdown confirmed the timeline of events to The Daily Beast, which was first reported by Punchbowl News’ Jake Sherman.

The story goes that during the closed House GOP conference meeting on Tuesday, Allen confronted Emmer and said “that the Minnesota Republican didn’t need to get right with him, he needed to ‘get right with Jesus.’” According to the source, “the room gasped.”

Allen refused to support Emmer due to his stance on same-sex marriage, and told CNN earlier Tuesday he was “very concerned” about his support of a 2022 bill providing federal protections for same-sex couples. Allen said there was no way he would ever vote for him.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) echoed the comments on Fox News, claiming America “needs a Speaker of the House that reflects the values and the views of Republican voters in the country.” She highlighted Emmer’s support for LGBTQ+ rights and said she was “glad Tom has dropped out of the race.”

Emmer subsequently dropped out of the race after critics, including Allen and former president Donald Trump, spoke out.

House Republicans are now scrambling to figure out a way forward three weeks since ousting Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). Another vote was expected Tuesday night but was later adjourned.

Five candidates are currently left in the race: Reps. Byron Donalds (R-FL), Chuck Fleischmann (R-TN), Mark Green (R-TN), Mike Johnson (R-LA) and Roger Williams (R-TX).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/room-gasped-during-bible-thumping-235532270.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well this looks like it has no end. The GOP wants someone who is far right. The moderates in the GOP won’t go for that and likely won’t vote for any election denying candidate. So the dem bailout of a GOP moderate is off the table for now.

The possibility of a party split is more likely.

It’s like eating you own.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
j/c

Almost a month, without a Speaker.
Government: ground to a total halt, less than a month from yet another Congressional budget shutdown.
'The Peoples' Business not being done.
At all.

Does any rational person think that this current bunch has the ability to actually govern, even after they manage to cobble/hobble themselves to an elected House Speaker?
What makes any of us think they could actually accomplish something of substance for us, after witnessing this 3-week, slo-mo interstate multicar pileup?

This current House is broken, because one of its fundamental branches is broken.

And they are broken because they attached their short-term aspirations to a guy who wants to run America like he ran his own private enterprises. A guy who admires the governments run by people like Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Viktor Orban, and Xi Jinping. A guy who only understands the most simplistic of concepts: The Big Boss Runs All.

A d00d who handily fails the "Democracy Wonderlick Test," along with zero sense of self-reflection.

And now, the GOP finds itself playing the 'battered housewife' role in a bad cable made-for-TV movie about captive spousal abuse.

He has just enough of his True Believers in office to be able to throw sand into the cogs of Cap Hill when his personal needs outweigh the needs of America.

So, here we are: 3 weeks into a dysfunctional clown show that should never have happened, had the Republican Party actually been populated with vertebrates, years ago.

Think about the absurdity of all this: one of our governing parties possesses 1/3 of governmental influence- and yet can't move forward, unless they get the blessing/endorsement from a private citizen who holds no political post of any sort. An entire political party- awaiting orders from one man.

How 'Beta Cuck' is that?

We are now witnessing- in Real Time- a fundamental weakness of a Democracy that is based upon a bicameral system: if one of the two parties drives itself off the rails, the system is in peril of total collapse.

Only some of us Americans signed on for crap like this.
I was in the other group.

just sayin.'

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, dawglover05
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What the dysfunctional Gopers have become. The final chapters.

Link Copied to Clipboard