Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Consistency isn't the league's strength. *shrug*

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
j/c

Examine the ball's trajectory, and track where it lands.
Extrapolate that landing point back to field of play.

There is no possible way that P.J.'s pass could have been caught in the field of play. It was a pass thrown out of the endzone.
It may have not been thrown into the 8th row of seats, but it was not a ball that could be legally caught for a touchdown.

I should note this point: I'm actually happy that these 2 calls brought the Browns to a 4-2 record in 2023.
How many times since 1999, has CLE been the victim of bad officiating in circumstances just like this? 20-30 times?
How many ref calls added to CLE's seasonal loss count, when they were routinely racking up 4-12 seasons?

I swear, Browns fans are so snake-bitten by "Battered Dawg Syndrome," that they can't accept a gift from incompetent refs when the gift was dropped right into their laps.
Dawgs: Elves were just the recipients of the "Gift that kept on giving" to all the teams who have ever played us since The Return. This was the first time that the sketchy calls went against The Other Team.

Clem's bottom line: this is quite possibly the very first time since 99, that game-changing ref's calls on the field actually helped a CLE team.

Browns (for once) got help from the refs. The PI call should have been a holding call, but I'm happy to take the results of the play sequence.

Clem

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Some folks IMO have lost the ability to cheer for their team.

Their perception is they have been abused by losing. It is better to just be miserable. Then they feel better by complaining.

Wins are not even accepted. They turned into "we were lucky." Everybody has done us wrong.

Find something to wallow in. Pick a flavor. Play calling. It is all KS fault. Berry can't draft. The worst trade in history. Haslam doesn't want to win. We have a bad culture. We will never win as long as (fill in the blank). We need to get rid of "blank." So in so is a bust. Kick the can. We are in cap hell.

There are folks who would rather be right about something than have the team win the damn game.

We lived through 0-16. I still watched hoping to win a game. Hoping that we would dig out the hole. We have.

At least when we play a game now. We have a decent shot at winning the game.

I love that we won the last two games. I don't care how. The scoreboard says we won. There have been way worse calls. We were good enough to be in the position to win.

All I ever want is to win the game the day we play.

P
Legend
Legend
P
As Clem and myself have both said and is obvious to anyone who has paid attention. These bad calls have gone against the Browns so many times it been heartbreaking. For once a couple of bad calls went in the Brown's favor. Can you explain how in any way that means "Some folks IMO have lost the ability to cheer for their team."?

"There have been way worse calls." Which has nothing to do with the fact these were bad calls. That doesn't mean people aren't happy about the win. It doesn't mean that people aren't cheering for the team. It simply means that a couple of bad calls finally went the Browns way for a change. There are bad calls in a lot of games. They are a part of the game. Sometimes they impact the outcome of a game like they did in this game. Being honest about it doesn't infer some lack of support for the team. That's ridiculous.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good call or bad call it is part of the game. I accept it.

I have read enough on this Board to believe there are those that no matter what would complain. "We should have lost that game. We were just lucky."

If we were to win every game 42-0 it would not be enough.

Sure they might want to win. However if we lose they cannot wait to bitch about whatever is the point that they wish to drive.

I don't think it is specific to the Browns. I have seen clips of fans from the Steelers just go off about firing this guy or that guy. It doesn't matter if they won the game.

Myself I find that kind of attitude strange. Maybe it is just me. I have known people that after I watched one game with; I would never watch another game with them. If something negative happened in the game. They would say "we going to lose this game."

Being critical is one thing. Being forever negative is another.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 39 Colts 38 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard