Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Rewatch what? KS hasn't won squat with those QBs that he supposedly improves...except for the one that he couldn't work with. Now he has one that can't play...and no Chubb to fall back on.

You tried to point out first that the offense was not tailored to the quarterback. That is not accurate.

Then you ignored the defensive failures that existed last year. The offense did not fail. The defense did.

Watch and then check the box score for numbers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
To add to your point. Brissett in his 11 starts had the Browns O rated in the top 10. Something he hadn't accomplished in his entire career. As you pointed out, it was the defense that was dragging the team down. But some like to use selective facts.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2038221 10/28/23 12:51 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm glad you think guesswork and conjecture mean something. Let me tell you what it means. In this case it means it's sending the message you wish to support and believe. Nothing else.

pit...nice try but you are wrong, again!

I support the Browns and have done so since I was a kid with one goal...win a Super Bowl.

I focus my attention on information concerning the Browns regardless of the source and most of the time I post stories for information purposes only and without posting any personal opinion that might be related to the information within the a story.

So, those who attempt to label me by linking me to a story I post ... you could not be MORE WRONG..!

Keep in mind, the Browns media machine does operate under a self imposed standard...NO UNCOORDINATED LEAKS...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #2038223 10/28/23 01:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
There were no facts in what you posted. It's was a pure opinion piece by someone with very little credentials. Just go take a look at who this guy is and who he works for. You got caught up in his click bait. Most of us won't make that same mistake.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The ofense ranked 18th in scoring. The defense ranked 20th in scoring against.

Both sides failed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you include the games watson started and played after his suspension then yes.

#gmstrong
FATE #2038233 10/28/23 02:26 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I just watched Florio's podcast with Peter King.

You know I don't care if people want to attack DW. But at least get the facts right.

Florio and King did a tag team hit job on DW. Florio tried to plant the idea that DW does not want to play in Cleveland. His reasoning was because he didn't want to play for the Texans. Entirely two different cases. He didn't bring up what went down with the Texans. He said he did it once therefore he will do it again. A case of fact bending to get a wanted outcome.

King "DW has not played a single game where he looked competent."

Really? How about the last game he played where he was 27-33 for 289 with two TD's.

At least do your homework boys.

I don't know how DW will play. I am not a fortune teller.

However, I am patient enough to wait and see what he can do when he plays 5 or more games healthy.

The implications that DW is soft. That he is not hurt and doesn't want to play. That is simple people who want to see him fail.

Legend
Legend
Speaking of trades. I would love it if the Browns could somehow trade for Jacoby Brissett, and Cordarrelle Patterson while only giving up a 5th and 7th round picks. Help at QB, kick returner, and RB. Do any of you have any idea what Pattersons contract looks like?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
PitDAWG #2038236 10/28/23 02:47 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
There were no facts in what you posted. It's was a pure opinion piece by someone with very little credentials. Just go take a look at who this guy is and who he works for. You got caught up in his click bait. Most of us won't make that same mistake.

Pit..went right over your head...swoooosh..!

Pitt, quote the part of this story you are attributing to me...here is the link...https://gridironheroics.com/deshaun-watson-trade-rumor-cleveland-browns/

SHOW US PITT....SHOW ME, PITT..!

mac #2038238 10/28/23 02:49 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
When someone keeps posting things that back up what they themselves have espoused it makes it obvious. You're not fooling anyone here. Speaking of swooosh.....

#gmstrong
GMdawg #2038241 10/28/23 02:55 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Currently PJ is the lowest ranked quarterback in football.

He did at one time put together a few decent games with the Panthers.

Jacoby makes sense. He is plug and play. A known and liked guy.

D'hop makes sense to me. He can help the passing game no matter who is playing quarterback.

OL depth makes sense.

Any player that is an upgrade that can be had in a logical trade makes sense. We are 4-2. We have a defense that can keep us in games.

DW should return and play and will be healthy at some point. There is eleven games to be played. We are in the mix.

M
Legend
Legend
M
DTR is better than PJ long term.

Agreed, obviously.

A decent part of me wouldn't have been opposed to DTR given a full practice week as the #1 QB and start against Seattle. He was thrown into a bad scenario against the Ravens, in the sense that he went against a really good defense and he received no legitimate prep time. I doubt I am the only one who thought about this considering what we've seen from Walker.

But we're 2-0 with Walker and hopefully the offensive staff has continued to hone in on what is most successful from an offensive gameplan with Walker.

Hurry back, Watson.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
jmo...I like Jacoby, and wouldn't mind if we do get him, but I think he has somewhat of a cult following.

I think part of the reason why the FO may not bring in Jacoby is that they don't want a cult led QB controversy to brew.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
jmo...I like Jacoby, and wouldn't mind if we do get him, but I think he has somewhat of a cult following.

I think part of the reason why the FO may not bring in Jacoby is that they don't want a cult led QB controversy to brew.
I think so too ... it's easier for them to play Walker 1-2 more weeks and hope Watson can return fairly healthy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I think so too ... it's easier for them to play Walker 1-2 more weeks and hope Watson can return fairly healthy

I agree.

If Watson can't come back or ends up a dud for whatever reason, Brissett, or Dobbs, or Walker aren't the answer to anything just like Hoyer and countless others weren't the answer. Limping in to the playoffs isn't what I want. I'll take it but I want to win in the playoffs.

I will note it isn't over for Walker. He has played pretty well, but I don't have high hopes for his ceiling. Let's see how he plays today. The more he settles in to the starting role can't be a bad thing, be it is gets better or shows the team that he isn't the guy.

I know some make a deal that Walker played I the WFL or whatever it is, but we and other teams have had many players who ended up good player who took a non-traditional route to the NFL.

I think both Minninifield and Mack came out of the USFL. We have had several come out of Canadian football. Around the league several notables have had non-traditional starts to NFL success, Theisman, Warner, Flutie to name a few QB's.

It's not like the NFL has a codlock on being 100% correct with their player evaluations.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 10/29/23 10:46 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
He has "played pretty well"?

I guess if you call a QBR of 23.5 and a completion rate of 50% while throwing 3 int's and 0 td's as "pretty well" we have a very different definition of what "pretty well" means.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2038310 10/29/23 12:55 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
When someone keeps posting things that back up what they themselves have espoused it makes it obvious. You're not fooling anyone here. Speaking of swooosh.....

pit..so back it up..show everyone all those posts I have made about concerning trading Watson..?

Back it up Pit..show those "things" that I posted to backup your claim..

OR, just admit that you have been reduced to someone who makes BS up in an attempt to backup your claims.

mac #2038311 10/29/23 12:58 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Go away kid you bother me. Everyone on here has been reading your posts. You have already proven everything that needs to be addressed. rolleyesdevil

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2038324 10/29/23 03:48 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Go away kid you bother me. Everyone on here has been reading your posts. You have already proven everything that needs to be addressed. rolleyesdevil

A certain someone just got exposed unable to backup his crap and accusations.

Pitt..that was the VERY FIRST POST I'VE MADE concerning trading Watson...and it was not even my opinion, but the opinion of the writer.

I posted the article for information purposes and as a potential subject for discussion.

Not sure who you might be trying to impress but most of us oldtimers know you like to talk...

Keep looking for that proof to backup your claim about all those articles I've posted about trading Watson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Now that Washington lost, we should be able to trade for Brissett.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Rivera has final say on player personnel. Unless he gets overridden by the owner, why would he do that for a late round pick?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Because personnel types love lottery tickets

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
With Cousins going down for the season, any decent backup will be pursued heavily by Minnesota probably already starting this evening. If Brissett is the best available, the price just went way up while Berry was taking a wait as see stand. Brissett was immediately mentioned when Cousins went down. Also, not sure about the Tyrod Taylor injury but he's being held in the hospital overnight so the Giants could be down their #1 and #2 and reaching out for Brissett or another top backup out there. Sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a "snooze and you lose" case for the Browns.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
Kyler Murray will be available ... at least that's the rumor

He could be a Minnesota candidate

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Rivera has final say on player personnel. Unless he gets overridden by the owner, why would he do that for a late round pick?

Who said it has to be a late round pick?

Sure I hate to give up a 3rd or 4th for him. But at this point what have we got to lose? We've already trashed the future for Watson anyway. Don't let this season go down the drain waiting for Watson, it looks like it's going to be awhile. Get Brisset back here.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Decision time for the Browns front office...make a trade proposal for Brissett who did not play a down in the Commandos loss...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3051308/pj-walker
POSITION RANK
% ROSTERED
% CHANGE 7 DAYS

News: 1 hour ago Walker completed 15 of 31 passes for 248 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in Sunday's loss to Seattle. He added six rushes for 27 yards and also lost a fumble.

Spin: Walker dug the Browns an early hole after he fumbled midway through the first quarter to set up Seattle's second touchdown of the day. He also threw an interception just before the two-minute warning in the final quarter as Cleveland was trying to run out the clock with the lead. In between those miscues, he showed some promise by averaging eight yards per attempt while connecting with both Amari Cooper and David Njoku regularly to pick up chunk yardage. Walker is likely to remain the starter so long as Deshaun Watson (shoulder), who currently has an unclear timeline to return, is sidelined.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by steve0255
If Brissett is the best available, the price just went way up while Berry was taking a wait as see stand.

Whether there was injury to other starters on other teams - the way we just lost to Seattle, the price just went up regardless. Oh well.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2038989 10/30/23 06:30 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by steve0255
If Brissett is the best available, the price just went way up while Berry was taking a wait as see stand.

Whether there was injury to other starters on other teams - the way we just lost to Seattle, the price just went up regardless. Oh well.

I agree and would add it was already pretty high.

I think the Browns are looking at it the right way. In most cases, back-up QBs rarely save a season. At best you hope to get .500 ball out them, and that isn't even for a seasons worth of games. The reality is if a team loses their QB for an extended period, they are pretty much screwed. It's been that way for the 65 or so years I have been following the team and NFL. It's going to be that way moving in to the future another 60 years.

At this point we have been a patchwork at QB for 4 games now. The question we face is how much more time will Watson be out? I don't want to trade a higher pick to pick up a guy who might play just 1-2 games. If Watson is out longer, the new guy is still going to play .500 ball over the remainder of the season...at best. We are trending on that .500 mark with the guys we have.

If Watson is out for a good while longer, it might be time to admit the reality and go back to DTR because he has a higher ceiling. If Watson never regains form, we are going to have to play somebody next year and then draft a QB the following draft. DTR gives us the best chance over the next several seasons if it come to that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
I agree Peen We can get through the Arizona game, but then after that the alarm bells will be ringing: at Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at Denver, at LA Rams, Jacksonville

That's the biggest stretch of the year ... we can't have Walker back there

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Watson is out for a good while longer, it might be time to admit the reality and go back to DTR because he has a higher ceiling. If Watson never regains form, we are going to have to play somebody next year and then draft a QB the following draft. DTR gives us the best chance over the next several seasons if it come to that.

Bingo, 'peen. DTR is the future and we (should) know what Walker's ceiling is. This PJ thing simply has to end....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
mac #2038998 10/30/23 08:12 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
Walker is likely to remain the starter ...

This simply cannot happen. Walker likely will not even be on our roster next season!

Last edited by bbrowns32; 10/30/23 08:12 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Walker is averaging like 3 TO's a game, and that number should be around 5 .. he simply can't be our QB after this coming Sunday

1 member likes this: bbrowns32
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
DTR is better than PJ long term.

Agreed, obviously.

A decent part of me wouldn't have been opposed to DTR given a full practice week as the #1 QB and start against Seattle. He was thrown into a bad scenario against the Ravens, in the sense that he went against a really good defense and he received no legitimate prep time. I doubt I am the only one who thought about this considering what we've seen from Walker.

But we're 2-0 with Walker and hopefully the offensive staff has continued to hone in on what is most successful from an offensive gameplan with Walker.

Hurry back, Watson.

Bump.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
mac #2039040 10/30/23 11:32 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You've railed against this FO for a long time. Everyone knows it and the article you posted only backs that up.

But yeah, you're right. Whatever you say. People can't read and haven't seen what you've been posting for a long time and how this simply reinforces it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Bingo, 'peen. DTR is the future and we (should) know what Walker's ceiling is. This PJ thing simply has to end....

So some are claiming that a 5th round project is the future? Come on man. Do you know how low the odds are of that becoming true?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

I disagree. If we are, in fact, a contending team then we should have a competent backup for this exact situation. Walker ain't it, and the fact he's starting over DTR means he ain't it either. DTR is a guy that needs a little time to develop, and playing him to "see what we've got" is what teams do that already know they aren't playing in the postseason.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

Who said it has to be a late round pick?

Sure I hate to give up a 3rd or 4th for him. But at this point what have we got to lose? We've already trashed the future for Watson anyway. Don't let this season go down the drain waiting for Watson, it looks like it's going to be awhile. Get Brisset back here.

Because trading anything earlier isn't logical at all, it's desperation.

But at this point what have we got to lose? We've already trashed the future for Watson anyway.
This is sound thinking rolleyes

We are trashing the future when we make decisions like giving a 2nd to 4th (i would even add a 5th to this equation) for a backup QB who "might" play 4 games at the most for us. "We" as fans have nothing to lose b/c fans are thinking of only this year. It's the FO/staff job to focus on this year AND the future. It's their job to do so, if not then they won't have that job anymore.

2 members like this: Hammer, MemphisBrownie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To add on, that 3rd or 4th round pick is valuable to a team like ours b/c of contracts. Those picks can help trade up or trade down, those help with trades that wouldn't normally happen. Example: we traded a 5th and 6th for Cooper. Thats a piece of the flexibility needed to sustain long term success.
I understand some/most being upset about trading Dobbs. It's a sound reason. However, trading him for a 5th is sound too. Especially when the Cards weren't going to have Kyler Murray for a big part of the season.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO the quarterback situation is a mistake. KS has input however, the roster is Berry's responsibility.

He made a mistake and it is costing the team. They committed to DTR. Then pulled the plug after one start that was in reality an expected loss.

Late round rookies making their first start against a division opponent. They are not going to be successful.

Then there was a scramble to get PJ ready. He is not a viable backup. Currently the lowest rated quarterback in the NFL with nine turnovers in three games.

That is not acceptable. There were and are better options than PJ Walker.

This was a mistake there is no way to sugar coat it.

I like Berry and think overall he has done a decent job. He has made mistakes and this is one of those mistakes.

3 members like this: Homewood Dog, mac, PitDAWG
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trade Deadline

Link Copied to Clipboard