Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
We’re 4-3. We’re 2-1 since the bye with a backup playing QB.

It’s not the end of the world, and we have 10 games left. Road game against a good Seattle team and we lost a competitive game with a backup. It will be ok

Y’all acting like we’re San Fran who just dropped 3 straight.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: PerfectSpiral, ScottPlayersFacemask
A
Legend
Legend
A
You have to take every win you can, and today was way winnable.

Legend
Legend
We are a couple of ignorant play calls away from being 6-1.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
this is how I felt too ... we had them RIGHT to the brink of being down on the canvas ... time of possession was like 2 to 1 ... they were JUST about to fold (and that's AFTER we already gave them 3 TO's and spotted them 14 points)

it feels like a game that could really haunt us in January

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: DawgPound75
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we run the ball and get the first down...Game over. if we don't get the first down. Punt the ball and make them have to go the distance of the field with 1:34 left. If Stefanski was any kind of play caller he should know that. I say he needs to hand it over to someone else. PERIOD !!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep.

When we fall short of the playoffs, we'll be looking back to this game and the Pittsburgh game wondering what if.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's too bad that no one in Berea can see how incompetent Berry and Stefanski are. But keep wondering why the Browns aren't in the playoffs. Just stupid. Very tiring for the fans. Glad I stopped wasting money on this garbage.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by The Beast
It's too bad that no one in Berea can see how incompetent Berry and Stefanski are. But keep wondering why the Browns aren't in the playoffs. Just stupid. Very tiring for the fans. Glad I stopped wasting money on this garbage.

Same here, I haven't spent a penny on any Browns gear since I bought a Braylon Edwards jersey his rookie year, how sad is that?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How many players in the last 25 years would I actually WANT to buy their jersey? Cribbs, Thomas, Chubb, Garrett ... maybe Dawson or Bitonio

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I’ve said this for awhile. The best roster since our return was built by Dorsey and since then it’s gotten worse.
There’s two sides of the fence. Either we aren’t drafting talent or it’s not being developed. It’s probably a lot of both which is why they both need to go. We are staying in middle of road by overspending on free agents. Berry hasn’t drafted a single playmaker and stefanski hasn’t made any of them better

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R

100%

Because of this loss and the Steelers loss we won't make the playoffs now. Again. For the third straight year. With a talented roster and a "stable" organization.

Stefanski not calling a run on the 3rd and 3 is the perfect example of not prioritizing winning. In his mind since he called a play where people were open, it was a good decision and a good play call. No other factors to consider in his mind.

We are stuck in 7-10 to 8-9 purgatory with Stefanski. If he didn't have Myles Garrett we'd have a 5 win ceiling with him. He's never going to make decisions in the best interests of winning.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
What’s even dumber is you could have let the clock hit the two minute warning and we called a timeout. So even if we convert we gave them a free timeout

Inaccurate.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
We are a couple of ignorant play calls away from being 6-1.

We are a few gifts from the refs from being 2-5

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
All Pro
All Pro
I don’t see a lot of winnable games coming up

I see a lot of drinkable games coming up

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
1 member likes this: Psydeffect
B
Legend
Legend
B
What’s even dumber is you could have let the clock hit the two minute warning and we called a timeout. So even if we convert we gave them a free timeout

That isn't correct. We called T.O. with 1 second on the play clock. There was maybe 2:03 on the game clock. It would have been a delay of game penalty.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
We’re 4-3. We’re 2-1 since the bye with a backup playing QB.

It’s not the end of the world, and we have 10 games left. Road game against a good Seattle team and we lost a competitive game with a backup. It will be ok

Y’all acting like we’re San Fran who just dropped 3 straight.

I agree. It was a frustrating loss. We would have been in a much better position to win if we had been able to punt the ball but it isn't all gloom and doom here.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Hunt said he wanted the ball on the 3rd down play. Hunt said he had no idea why he didn't play the 4th Quarter. Hunt was running very well. Keeping his best players on the sidelines during crucial situations has been Stefanski's MO since he started here. Why even sign Hunt?

Stefanski's mind goes into bizzarro world when in the Red Zone and in crucial situations. I am so tired of hearing "This one is on me" year after year while nothing changes.

At least we stopped running the stupid reverse with Moore and now let Goodwin get the pleasure of running for negative 6 yards.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1st String
1st String
Season over. One more year without a first round pick. So far for Watson, 11 T.D.’s. $21 million per. We have no QB. No running game. An injury riddled O-line. I think we need to line up Garret as QB, too. Maybe then the Cleveland Muddogs can make it to the Bourbon Bowl.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Season isn't over - still lots to play for and we lost narrowly to a very good team who enjoy a massive home advantage.

I thought overall the play calling was okay - we got pass happy here and there considering how well we were running the ball and how questionable PJ Walker's ability is. I thought PJ Walker had an improved performance for some of the game but he still finished sub 50% completition and the 2 picks. I'm not sure I can understand anyone saying they don't know if Brissett is better .... with better QB play we have a better record today, be it one game or 2 games better and that falls 100% on Berry. I thought the (first?) TD drive we had that went something like screen, screen, delayed screen (?) was excellent play calling design (not just because it worked - see below) but as the game went on the it felt like play calling got away from what we had done well and pass plays took longer to develop - maybe the D just adjusted? Other than the Goodwin run for a loss we ran the ball at about 4 yards per carry without any long runs distorting that average.

Defense had stopped Seattle all 2nd half - but not for the most important drive. I'd like to understand why / how that breakdown happened. For all the 3 Seahawk TD drives I felt that we were being out coached - their offensive play calling was excellent and varied and kept us on the back foot. At the very end of the game, like everyone else in the world, I thought a run was the right call - burn the 2 minute warning - kick the ball assuming we don't make the 3 yards - make Seattle face a longer field. Pshcologically it makes a big difference - as it was we gifted them all the momentum, a short field to tie and I'm sure all their offfense felt like they were playing with house money at that point.

While it's not the end of the season - while we're playing with a back up QB - I still questions Stefanski for the way we finally lost this game. For those that think play calling is good and it's simply a matter of execution - please explain how putting the entire game into the hands of your QB who is completing exactly 50% of his throws at that point is the smart play call? In my eyes - it's classic Stefanski: I'm the smartest guy out here mentality. Sure if we had a 6'-6" QB then Ford was open in the middle of the field, but we don't and Walker didn't seem to make proggressions for the entire game so why anyone thinks he's going to suddenly start IDK. Disappointing end to an otherwise decent game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by boofers20

Same here, I haven't spent a penny on any Browns gear since I bought a Braylon Edwards jersey his rookie year, how sad is that?

Unless you buy the item at the shop the Browns geta cut.. Apparel is a shared income between all teams in the league and cut 32 ways. The individual merchants obviously get to keep the mark-up after their wholesale purchase. So if you buy a NFL licensed Dallas hat at Lids or Walmart, the Browns get their cut.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dean #2038987 10/30/23 05:55 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dean
Season over. One more year without a first round pick. So far for Watson, 11 T.D.’s. $21 million per. We have no QB. No running game. An injury riddled O-line. I think we need to line up Garret as QB, too. Maybe then the Cleveland Muddogs can make it to the Bourbon Bowl.

I don't think the loss of picks, at least these first two years have hurt all that much. We have lost out on 5th year options, but we have still drafted startable players. If a teams drafts 1-2 solid starters a draft, they are ahead of the game.

I will say that this might be the year where it starts to catch up with us. Guys like Newsome are getting close to the 4th year and we won't have the luxury of having that 5th year, but even then it is still a year away and the impact will be spread out over 3 years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Tough loss.

I really give the team credit for fighting back from down 17. We held them at 17 till the end.

In the end it is simple. You cannot turn the ball over. PJ did some good things, but he does not protect the ball.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ow_what_youre_watching/s1_16697_39460082

Legend
Legend

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
there's a reason why Stefanski called a run vs Indy on 4th down ... because that's our strength

Shoulda followed suit last night. The loss is really sticking with me

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
The loss is really sticking with me

It should. It guaranteed no playoffs and likely a last place finish in the division.

Another season with no playoffs. Ugh. Meanwhile, the Ravens will run away with the division and make the playoffs for the like 15th time this century.

I am perplexed by Stefanski's playcall. No one plays to lose better than he does.

But I'm really crushed by the defense's play down the stretch. I thought a five game sample was enough to say it was legit, but in typical Cleveland fashion the walls came crashing down on what appeared to be a good thing.

We suck. Again. Can't get put of our own way. Can't adjust. Can't make decisions that impact winning.

Onto hickey for me.

Legend
Legend
Check the standings. There are 10 games to play.

Legend
Legend
Ok Monday week 8 is done. Who is on the firing line?

Belichick what have you done lately ? Your team stinks.

Shanahan lost three straight. You suck.

Tomlin -34 in point differential. One of the worst offenses in football.

McVay you have lived off one good year. What have you done since?

Reid how can you lose to the Broncos?

Any head coach now under 500. Give me a reason they should keep their job? They suck.

Legend
Legend
Post game thoughts:

I think Stefanski did a pretty darn good job with the offense.
When we were down 14-0, I almost turned it off and walked away thinking "we've already lost", but this offense got us back into it.

Second week in a row, this defense is crashing back to earth. They're still really good, but if they don't get the big stop, they're giving up a big gain. We gave up a LOT of big gains.
Tons of execution errors, and they somehow seemed to keep 9 in to block and still have 3 or 4 our running routes it seemed, lol

On their winning drive, there were back-to-back plays with facemask/hands-to-the-face against Myles that were not called. They weren't ticky tack, they were egregious, but no flag. They shouldn't have ever been in position for that last score.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
we did have some big positives yesterday .. Njoku, Moore, Strong, OL held up mostly

the 3rd down play call will haunt this season ... just my gut feel

Legend
Legend
we did have some big positives yesterday
The Steelers lost.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
we did have some big positives yesterday
The Steelers lost.
if we are looking at the wild card, we need the Bengals to not look so good either lol ... they are humming right now

M
Legend
Legend
M

This is Dawgtalkers......everyday.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't think anyone should be fired either. We played hard yesterday after being down early. This team plays hard for KS. There's no lack of effort just a lack of talent and experience at the QB position with DW out.

1 member likes this: bonefish
Legend
Legend
Not to mention Chubb going down. Considering everything I’m surprised we are where we are. Keep fighting men. It’s a long season.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hmm.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
maybe his contributions aren't showing up in the stat line, but does anyone else think that ZSmith isn't doing what we brought him here to do? You would think that with Myles getting double teamed it free him up, but I just don't see him doing anything significant

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

This is Dawgtalkers......everyday.

That. Was. Awesome.

1 member likes this: bbrowns32
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Hmm.

They were talking about this on the radio this morning and heard it during the game. I think it is just the way she chose to frame her comment. Meaning, the Browns are not going to say anything definitive one way or another re: his injury. They could be thinking to themselves that he is going to play soon and then something pops up that delays it even more. Why commit one way or another when it has already been a rollercoaster?

I suppose we'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
if we lose to Baltimore and Pittsburgh, the year is lost anyways ... we have no room for error

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by boofers20
Sad part is KS has the arrogance to think that PJ played well enough to go 2-1 and then proceed to move forward with him at QB instead of making a trade

KS isn't the one who trades players. That would be the FO led by Andrew Berry.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Seahawks 24 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard