Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2040823 11/07/23 03:53 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
The Ravens lead the NFL in point differential with +115.

The Browns are six point underdogs.

This is one of those games where if the Browns want credibility. Then go and get you some.

The Ravens are at home. After coming to Cleveland and giving us a beating.

The Browns went out on a limb to make the DW deal. You make a deal like that to win games like this.

In the first game DTR took a beating and the defense got beat. This is an opportunity to make a statement. If we are going to win the North. We have to beat this team.

I honestly do not know if we can beat the Ravens. Lamar has been outstanding. They are well coached. There defense is damn good.

So far this year our defense has been really good. There have some disappointments. But we have a good defense.

Special teams has been a pleasant surprise. Outstanding kicking game. Way more than expected going into the year.

This is a game that if we are going to win. We will need the offense to play their best game of the year. That begins with Deshaun Watson.

He will need to play mistake free. In addition he will need to make all the easy throws and some big ones as well. This is a big game for DW. He knows it. He wants this game bad.

What I remember about DW before he became a Brown was he came up big in big games. In college I saw him take over games. Winning with arm and legs. He was one determined player.

I am looking for that guy now. I want to beat the effing Ravens in their backyard.

Legend
Legend
Two Things:

1. Unless this defense can seriously elevate its game when playing Zone, or unless it can figure out how to not be forced into Zone, they will have the same experience as last time.

2. Unless this Offense has a coming out party, they simply cannot keep pace.

There is little reason, despite how insanely good this defense has played this year, to expect anything other than another lopsided 28-3 outcome.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: slick
P
Legend
Legend
P
There is the fact that DTR was the starter and he threw 3 int's. Not saying it will make the difference between a W and a L but it should help the score not be so lopsided at least.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
We NEED this game to win the division IMHO. We’ll see, but I think Purp nailed it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
provided Watson doesn't throw a Pick 6 and allow a fumbled scoop & score (and another fumble) like he did against the Steelers.

Three turnovers is three turnovers.

Browns is the Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't see us winning this game although it shouldn't be the beat down we took in our 1st meeting. If we win by some longshot, it keeps our division title hopes alive. If not, we're playing for a wild card the rest of the year. Right now I feel Baltimore is the best team in football. JMO

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I guess we should not show up.

Ravens vs Cardinals
total yards:

Ravens 268 yards
Cardinals 310
============
First Downs:

Ravens 21
Cardinals 22
=============

Turnovers:

Ravens 0
Cardinals 2
----------------------------

Score 31 to 24.

Dobbs was the Cardinals qb.

The Ravens lost to the Colts and Steelers.

What the hell maybe we should give them the title as the division champs.

Last edited by bonefish; 11/07/23 05:55 PM.
1 member likes this: Hammer
L
Legend
Legend
L
We were huge underdogs against the 49ers, too. Use JOK as a spy to keep their QB contained, send some pressure.

We can beat anyone when our D is firing on all cylinders.
Watson has to have a big game, Get the ball out fast and hit a couple long ones downfield.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
IMO playing zone is not the way to win for the Browns.

It is not the strength of the defense. You win by doing what you do best. That is not to say don't ever play zone. Nor is that you cannot play split.

There is reason for hope given that the Browns lead damn near every defensive category.

In addition DW did not play in the first game.

That's ok. I love your optimism.

I think I will tune in. Just for grins.

Legend
Legend
I know it's not our strength, not by a long shot. That's why I said what I said. We either have to get good at it, or we have to get better at stopping them from forcing us into zone like they did the last time.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I'd go man as well ... and just be ourselves. Strength on strength and hope our players win their matchups and execute their keys

I think this game will come down to our offense doing enough and not turning it over

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
KS should put a few new plays in our O or new variations in the plays we have something that the Ravens haven't seen. Going toe to toe with them with our banged-up O-line worries me.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Oh but why worry?

Lol, I get it. They have a great front so that’s why we need to get rid of the call quickly on passing plays. Some no-huddle might put them off balance early, as well.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
KS should put a few new plays in our O or new variations in the plays we have something that the Ravens haven't seen.

As long as they don't include Moore running backwards or going for it on 4th and long.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quick slants to Moore might work to utilize his speed. Maybe some screens. How often do we run screens. Long and short snap counts would keep them off balance. They're going to want to really hit DW so the quick passes will be important. Keep the ball away from Lamar as much as possible. We miss Nick every game but a game like this we miss him more when you're trying to control the ball and win TOP.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/07/23 08:08 PM.
Legend
Legend
we seem to run (and/or convert) slants less than any team in the NFL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I hope ya'all know that the playbook was scaled down right?

DTR played against the Ravens.

It was clear in the Cardinals game KS did not want DW throwing the ball 30 times. There was a reason behind sticking with the running game.

Every game plan change. There are different matchups. Players are filling in for starters. No game plan stays the same.

There is history with division games. The teams know each other.

Except they don't really know DW as a Brown.

KS will look for favorable matchups in both where to run and who to throw against.

Last edited by bonefish; 11/07/23 08:33 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
We also don’t throw skinny posts or deeper slants to the middle of the field, I don’t know why we don’t but I know we don’t.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Ravens are the best at the pass rush and getting sacks

Callahan has his hands full with the O line

Stephanski has to game plan for that and a lot of this will be put on Watsons hands to scramble and make plays

If the Defense plays as they did last week with the intensity they did

Although against a 1 win team, that mentality should put heat on the Ravens O

I believe the Browns can pull this off, just got to play smart and keep the penalties and give away turnovers down

All Pro
All Pro
Interesting to me that Gus Edwards only had 5 touches last week. Lamar and Ravens have been looking great the last few weeks. Browns likely to come out swinging. We can still make playoffs if we lose but to compete for the division need this W.

Steelers and Bengals still have to play each other twice. So one of them either loses twice or they both lose once. Which helps with the chance to make the playoffs. But can we just compete for a division title in December for once.

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
1 member likes this: lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s time to kick Baltimore’s ass, the Move still hurts after 28 years, and their two Lombardis, and Art Model and our suckiness ever since.

I want to punch them hard in the mouth on Sunday. I don’t disrespect Pittsburgh - I don’t like them - but I absolutely hate the Ravens.

gmstrong

-----------------

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, I just don't feel good about this one. I feel like there's this glass ceiling between us and Baltimore/Pitt we just can't seem to break. I'm freaking tired of it though. I want nothing more to win, but it's hard to get your hopes up.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
A loss almost definitely kills all chances at the division. We'd have two head-to-head losses AND we'd be at LEAST two games back. They, and the rest of the division, would have to collectively implode to allow us to jump all of them.

Yes, it's mathematically possible, but the actual probability approaches zero.

Browns is the Browns

L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s a long season, especially this one with all the crap that’s gone on. Chubb hurt, all the other injuries, QB uncertainty, heart-stopping finishes. Feels like the season started six months ago.

gmstrong

-----------------

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
the Ravens use their RBs in a pure rotation from game to game ... they truly keep you guessing.

The rookie RB they displayed last week was really quick ... something they hadn't shown yet

And like you said, Edwards had very few touches ... he usually kills us

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I read you loud and clear.

Hard to believe there are still nine games to play.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Have a feeling Browns are winning this and will be the talk of the sports world all week. I am going to end up eating my words on Stefanski.

On O, don't turn the ball over. Also, be comfortable going three and out. Use Deshaun's legs. A lot of short, move the sticks passing.

On D I would not rush wide. Do not give Jackson the middle of the field. Burrow does this thing where when it's 3rd and long and the DL abandons the middle of the field, he just runs for the first down. He knows he's going to do that before the ball is even snapped. I feel like Jackson can hurt us the same way. Clog the lane, make him rush outside, shadow him with JOK. Play press man all game.

Browns win and I get a nice moneyline payday.

2nd String
2nd String
We usually play the Rats close at their place on a 1pm Sunday kickoff.

They will have a couple of guys back on D and O that sat out the first game. We have lost our LT and we have a "rusty" noodle arm Deshaun.

Our D will have to turn in a SF type performance to win.

I doubt it happens, but hope it does.

Browns 17
Ravens 23

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
I read you loud and clear.

Hard to believe there are still nine games to play.

It feels as though we're already 12 games into the season. 3/4 a season's worth of drama, to date.
Being a Browns fan is exhausting no matter the flavor of the current season, or running W/L record.

I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.
After all- I'm still here.

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Man, I just don't feel good about this one. I feel like there's this glass ceiling between us and Baltimore/Pitt we just can't seem to break. I'm freaking tired of it though. I want nothing more to win, but it's hard to get your hopes up.

That's kind of where my head has been, for the most part.

But then, I thought about what this D is capable of doing. Forget about their most recent dominance of a last-place team, consider this: they held TEN's entire output to 94 total yards. Limited them to just 6 first downs, and gave CLE 40 minutes time of possession. Derrick Henry: 11 carries/20 yds. TEN receiving: 13/104. Tannehill: 13/25 for 104 4.2 TD:0 INT: 0 SACKS: 5/36 QBR: 25.1.

A D like that has the potential to drop a top-flight O down to mere mortal status.
If Schwartz's Wrecking Crew shows up, Elves have a puncher's chance to grind out this win.

If CLE doesn't get in an O foot race, a low-scoring win is definitely possible.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I revel in the passion of wanting to win.

I like to hear fans who want revenge. Never give in to defeat. Don't ever give in to the feelings of not having hope.

It is ok to believe we can beat any team.

The Ravens are a good team. So what. They got beat by the Colts and Steelers. Those teams are not better than we are.

When you have a defense that has done what the Browns defense has done. You can beat any team.

We have not yet seen what the Browns offense is capable of. That is solely because of inconsistent quarterback play. The rushing game is third in the league.

We don't need miracles from DW. All we need is solid play. Make the throws that are there to be made. Don't turn the ball over. The defense will give the offense more chances to score.

We can beat the Ravens.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Play smart football with no or only one turnover and we can win. It's time to make a statement in our division.

We all know how the media hates on our Browns. Would love to see how they react if we win this one.

O
Legend
Legend
O
IIRC, the defense played very well, just got ground down with the complete lack of offense (DTR game). Defense kept the game close but then tailed off in the second half.

Defense needs to bring every bit of it, and as long as Watson is at least efficient, then we will be right there with them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Defend the run
Run it right at them.

Take 3 or 4 deep shots on the day.

Beat them on the last play of the game.

Run it right at them with all your players getting a carry of the ball on the day.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Most important game of the year by far. The best team in the league right now, at full strength, at home, smack-dab in the middle of the season, right before the playoff sprint.

I don’t think this is an understatement: This is probably the most clear measuring stick game we’ll play this year and statement about what we are as built and run by this FO, coach and QB. We don’t have Chubb and our OL is banged up & missing pieces. But good teams find a way. Good teams, at the very least, don’t fall apart because everything isn’t perfect. See: this years Steelers.

We don’t have to win in terms of getting into the playoffs but we need to show that we belong. A demoralizing or embarrassing loss, having our D get exposed again, will set a very bleak tone for rest of the season. A close loss up through a win sets a much different tone.

One thing I know for sure, this is going to be an extremely physical game, much like the San Francisco game. I want to be the bully’s of the AFCN for a change. Even if we lose, I want a pound of Raven flesh. I want them limping the rest of the way. If we get beat down, the Steelers game and the rest of the season will be about fighting over scraps and “next year”. If we win, however ugly, it means we’re for real. Pretty cut and dry in a way few games ever are.

Go Browns!!!

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
I want to see the tackle eligible run play about fifty plus times on the day,
with EVERYBODY getting a carry,
including Jordan Elliott, and Dalvin Tomlinson running up the middle of the ravens defense
and the outcome doesn't matter as much
as long as you get to knock the ravens down like bowling pins at the end of every run.
Hudson gets a carry
Bitonio gets a carry
Pocic gets a carry

Jordan Elliott behind Nick Harris gets a carry,
Many Carries for all of your runningbacks

and Play fake > deep throw, 3 to 4 times on the day, come what may. You were expected to lose anyway.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Last time the Browns won in Baltimore was 2019..

This is one of those games that you can say that if you win. You've turned a corner. I believe they can do it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
provided Watson doesn't throw a Pick 6 and allow a fumbled scoop & score (and another fumble) like he did against the Steelers.

Three turnovers is three turnovers.

Anything is a possibility. I understand that neither the Titans nor the Cardinals are Baltimore, but in the last two games watson played the entire game nothing like his performance against Pittsburgh has happened. In fact he's looked pretty good. The biggest question in my mind is can the Browns banged up OL keep him upright and healthy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
This game was always going to be hard, but now with Wills, chubb, and conklin out, having to rely on a really bad Hudson and a getting worse by the week Jones, we are going to have to be ready to counter the pressure with playcalling and getting the ball out quick, Watson's mobility is going to be key in this game and I just hope it doesn't lead to him taking some unnecessary shots since he doesn't like to slide.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Online
Legend
One principal in football that I have always been a believer of is the value of quarterback mobility.

You don't have to be Lamar. However, when you are in third and 8. The defense is in pass defense. What mobility brings is what in essence becomes a quarterback draw. If the interior line leaves an opening. A mobile quarterback once past the LOS can get that first down.

That is a back breaker for the defense. Mahomes is a perfect example. So was Steve Young.

DW can do that. He has done that in the past. He will need to do that. However, he must also protect himself and the ball.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 The Ravens Game

Link Copied to Clipboard