Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Swell post with swell advice. Some are apparently here only to be negative, provoke others, or just belittle other fans.
Two thoughts to consider:
"Critics are legless men who teach running."
" Those who can't build a bridge can only lower the river."
I am glad we won a hard game in spite of ourselves.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I really am a one game at a time guy.

However, you cannot ignore that. I was not sure who we had left besides the Steelers and Bengals. So, I looked.

My first thought was. I didn't see anything like the Ravens away. None ever look easy to me but at the same time. I wasn't thinking "ooh that will be tough."

I will be watching closely Thursday. That will be a hard game for the Ravens after playing us Sunday. Players hate Thursday games. Hard to recover that quickly.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Browns NEED to win games they "should" win. Has not happened much in the past. Let's hope this year is different.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
the games we should win:

Steelers
Bears
Jets

the other games are 50/50 IMO: at Broncos, at Rams, Jaguars, at Texans, at Bengals ... that's still not an easy pile of games

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
I would add Broncos and Rams to your list.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
Looking at the remaining schedule, I will be surprised if the Browns are not favored in all of them....Bengals could be the possible exception.

On a side note, love seeing the success CJ Stroud and DeMeco Ryans are having with a young Texans team. Fun to watch.

1 member likes this: mgh888
All Pro
All Pro
It’s time for the national media (and many others) to take the Browns seriously because what we have seen from our defense is SB worthy performances. If DSW and our offense can consistently produce 21+ points/game we’re suddenly a scary team to meet.

The culture change is about winning games like this.

Turning water into wine. When other teams realize that the Browns is for real then the fear factor will kick in. Suddenly our opponents start to doubt their strategy, change tactics, twisting formations, change team talk and so on. Thats the next step in our journey moving forward.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz

We rarely play well out west, and never play well against Denver or the Rams. We are going to have a dud game in there somewhere and my thought is it is going to be one, if not both of those games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
Legend
Legend
Every NFL game takes on its own personality.

The Chiefs got beat by the Broncos 24-9.

Sure you look at their records and all that, but it is so easy to lose a game in the NFL.

The shape of a football makes it bounce in strange ways.

Look at our year so far. Wow. Crazy really crazy.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think it would be prudent, as Browns fans, to just take one game at a time. My level of excitement has risen also and I'm looking forward to every game but with all our past experiences I believe "cautiously optimistic" would be the best way to go. I agree strongly with the last 2 posts. JMO

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Most seasons, I am normally looking ahead in the schedule a lot, but with the critical injuries this year I just didn't bother.

After Sunday I was surprised to see how "not difficult" it was. I didn't say "easy" on purpose. I really feel the Browns can win almost all of them, but also know nothing is a gimme. Someone mentioned we don't play Denver well, but I remember the famous "Put a little Pepper on it" call by Jimmy D when Peppers sacked Keenum (IIRC)when we won out there. Anything is possible,

Obviously, DW & other key players staying healthy could be the difference maker. It would be nice to get Dawand, Thornhill & Ward back.

Regarding the rankings, isn't it amazing how one win can change the perspective of the media?

This is shaping up to be a possibly very special year, but games are won on the field, and we just need to keep playing at a high level and don't read the press clippings. One week at a time.

Last edited by FORTBROWNFAN; 11/14/23 10:18 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Floquinho
It’s time for the national media (and many others) to take the Browns seriously

oh, they're taking note, but I'm sure they're also taking a bit of a wait-and-see approach too. We're the Browns. Our history, even this year, is chock full of doing just enough to raise the hype & excitement only to fall completely flat.

If this team takes it to Pittsburgh and puts them in their place instead of flubbing it, then they will all absolutely sit up and take notice, because they'll have to. If this team doesn't, then their wait-and-see is validated because it'll just be another instance of the Browns wilting when we get close and being unable to take charge of our own destiny.

In short, for as big as the Ravens game was, this week coming is bigger because the Ravens game may have signaled that we're still alive and that we can hang with anyone, backing it up with a Steelers win says that it wasn't a typical Brownsian fluke, we're real, and it puts us solidly in 1st place in the division.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Rishuz

We rarely play well out west, and never play well against Denver or the Rams. We are going to have a dud game in there somewhere and my thought is it is going to be one, if not both of those games.

Not to mention that the Broncos are simply a spoiler team this year. Their bad enough to be an easy mark and be overlooked, they're good enough to hit the big upsets. Chiefs and Bills wins says a lot... they are NOT to be overlooked.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
The NFL is a business. Teams recruit players in college.

Business recruits top college grads all the time. The NFL, being a business recruits players. When a player hits free agency teams contact the players agent. Teams don't wait for the player to contact them. They fly players in to wine and dine, show them around and make their pitch.

Bubba, that is recruiting.

Just give it up.

All teams focus on the benefits of signing with them. For west coast and southern teams they focus on the weather. A lot of young players like bug cities and the night life. ie.... Maimi, N.Y. and L.A. Some states have no income tax so they focus on that. Every team tries to use the assets they have which is also being a successful team to entice players. Those are what teams try to accentuate as benefits of playing there. Those aren't the reasons those players are playing the game. They're playing the game for the money. To recruit someone the money can't be the focus of their job. when money is the biggest reward of the job every other factor is nothing more than a benefit that goes along with the money.

You recruit people when money is the secondary goal. there is no pay in college football. The military pays squat. That's what recruiting is. Talking someone into doing what you want when the financial reward is small. That's not the NFL.

A benefit is an additional perk to the main focus, the financial gain.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I just want to point out that we are in the drivers seat for our own destiny this season. Winning out would be great, but I doubt we manage that. But we can win the division, and we are not playing for second place or hoping to stay in the wild card race with Thanksgiving just around the corner. Hell, I heard talking heads saying things like “If the Browns are the number one seed”…

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/14/23 01:48 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Njoku wins the angry run of the week

1 member likes this: GMdawg
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I was just going over players on my yahoo fantasy football teams-
There was a note about Dustin Hopkins-He leads all kickers in the NFL with 86 Yahoo fantasy points.

This was a great move by our front office.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Browns won the 49'er game by 2 points. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game. The Browns won the Colts game by 1 point. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game. The Browns won the Ravens game by 2 points. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game.

It's certainly a team sport and many players contributed to those wins. But the difference Hopkins has made should not be underrated by anyone.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
3 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE, PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Kyle Brandt is awesome lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
and if our QBs would just stop scoring points for the other teams, we'd have larger margins of victory to go with Hopkins!

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
truthfully our whole offensive plan should be geared around not letting Watt or Highsmit wreck the game. No turnovers, sack/fumbles, etc and we'll win

P
Legend
Legend
P
While that's certainly true about one third of all NFL games are decided by 3 points or less. So with 9 games played so far that's about normal. And any way you slice it, whether you win by 1 point or 30 points it's still a win.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Frenchy

Njoku wins the angry run of the week

That was so fun to watch and when he said "nothing can stop him, fire can't stop him", I almost swallowed my gum.

2 members like this: EveDawg, FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Can’t seem to find any news on DWs ankle which got MRI’d yesterday. Anyone know anything?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Can’t seem to find any news on DWs ankle which got MRI’d yesterday. Anyone know anything?

Not yet

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While that's certainly true about one third of all NFL games are decided by 3 points or less. So with 9 games played so far that's about normal. And any way you slice it, whether you win by 1 point or 30 points it's still a win.

while margin of victory was mentioned, it wasn't the point. The point was that our QBs need to stop scoring for the other team.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I felt like I was watching a 1987 WWE interview. Dude needs to switch to decaf.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

Unexpected. Yeah I would agree a lineman 10 yards downfield flying at your head would be unexpected. I expect Staley will be fined for that hit.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what I thought. His meth dealer must have some strong stuff.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bonefish

JAG

/s

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Absolutely insane that this wasn't a flagrant personal foul.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Has anyone heard results from Watson's MRI. It happened yesterday and I wasn't that concerned, but I would have thought we would have heard by now.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The Browns won the 49'er game by 2 points. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game. The Browns won the Colts game by 1 point. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game. The Browns won the Ravens game by 2 points. Hopkins kicked 4 FG's in that game.

It's certainly a team sport and many players contributed to those wins. But the difference Hopkins has made should not be underrated by anyone.

Somebody called him a trash kicker on the gameday thread.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
The gameday thread is full of Karens.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
There will come a day where I am feeling petty enough to wade through a couple gameday threads to pull out a bunch of quotes that would have otherwise been lost in the chaos.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, at least karma got Stanley back...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
There will come a day where I am feeling petty enough to wade through a couple gameday threads to pull out a bunch of quotes that would have otherwise been lost in the chaos.

It wouldn't be petty. A few whiny ass bawl babies ruin it for everyone, and there are a lot of people that won't participate there because of them.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I can’t handle that stuff and I wouldn’t participate anyway because it’s just a distraction while I’m watching the game.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Part Deux

Link Copied to Clipboard