Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
The Ravens have the best run defense in the league. We do not have a starting caliber OT available for this game. I see the beat down coming. Then Watson will get beat to death, and not play against the Steelers. Then the drop to the bottom of the division will be complete

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nothing quite like looking at the bright side of things.

This is the biggest game the Browns have had in quite some time. I am really excited to see the game.

It is a serious challenge with loads on the line for both teams. The Ravens are understandably the favorites.

Division games never seem to go the way most figure. The standings and games played against each other reflect that.

Both defenses are near the top in every defensive category. The Ravens have the better offense to date.

The Browns are third in rushing. The unknown factor is what will we see from DW?

I look forward to seeing how he will play in this game. If we lose. The wild card is still in play. A lot of games remain to be played.

But I guess you have it all figured out. Let us know the fortune teller you see for all the tips.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody is a fortune teller. The closest to that would be the odds makers. Then of course there's the fact that their O put up 28 points against the Browns D just five weeks ago. Nobody who gives their opinions on here claim to be fortune tellers. I think thou doth protest too much.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I give us a 5% chance of winning if Baltimore scores more than 21. Our OL is a trainwreck and we are on our 5th string tackle.

the defense has to keep it close and we gotta keep DW from ending up on IR.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Read his post.

Maybe he has another source.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I did. He has some pretty strong opinions. Some of them are certainly not those that I share and I see some of them as over the top. But it is what it is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
The offense has their work cut out for them, for sure.... we NEED them to step it up to have any shot at all.

Of course, if the defense can find a way to get a few defensive scores, it'll make life a lot easier.
In the first Ravens game , the ravens exposed that while the Browns D is keyne to stop a screen, and attack the @uarterback, that the weakness of the Browns D or pass D was a @uick out breaking slant route, inside headed toward the sideline about nine to twelve yards deep, that the Browns who have been crowding the line of scrimmage don't have anyone there if it is thrown early enough.

Balt seemed to do that a lot with success.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I give us a 5% chance of winning if Baltimore scores more than 21.

the defense has to keep it close and we gotta keep DW from ending up on IR.
Ehh you don't have to beat them until the final play of the game, all you have to do is hang around with them and enjoy knocking them around until the 4th @uarter.

It wouldn't be super great to get a big lead early, because the opponent is at home and if you get a big lead, then the opponent knows exactly how much they have to do to come back in the game,
no, what you want to do is, hit em, knock em, stay within a couple scores of them, get all the points you can, but
when the 4th @uarter comes, that's when you dominate them, and get your big scores leaving no time for them to come back.

beat em on the last play of the game. If they go up seventeen early, no worries, seventeen is that limit.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
The biggest challenge is Watson is a slow processor. He's a backyard football QB. This game needs to be drop back, plant, throw. The short passing game becomes your running game. Watson is not capable of executing that type of game plan. He needs a bunch of long developing, broken plays to get going and play well. That's likely not happening against the Ravens.

Having said that, I have a good feeling about the game. I can't put my finger on why. There's a lot that goes on during the week that the fans are not privy to. Leading up to the SF game they said the defense was very, very, locked in. Watching the pressers this week I've gotten that feeling they are locked in.

Browns win and are the talk of the sports world this week.

Rishuz #2041249 11/11/23 04:57 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Regarding the game I am not far away from you.

The Ravens offense to date has been better than the Browns. The Browns defense and the Ravens defense are both really good.

Lamar has been the better quarterback. It is easy to understand why most people feel the Ravens will win.

I agree there is an undercurrent of confidence within the Browns. They are confident and loose. This Browns team believes in themselves.

IMO they believe in DW. The defense is confident in their ability to adjust and overcome.

When it was announced that Dawand Jones was out. My instant thought was they will move Bitonio to LT and Harris to guard. That solution works for me because of experience. Bitonio has done it before and Harris can play guard. Hudson goes to RT. Not ideal but a workable solution.
That is the plan from what I read.

Each game with DW is a kind of reveal. Mostly because of start and then stop. Play then don't play. However, his last two complete games there has been some encouraging signs.

My hope is that he is getting fully healthy and more comfortable playing. There is a groove or rhythm in sports. It is often called "the zone."
You see it baseball with hitters and pitchers. Shooters in basketball. It happens with quarterbacks as well.

The game slows down. You see and are ultra aware. The game around you is in slow motion.

Near the end of the Titan game and the Cardinal game. DW was beginning to find it.

That is what I am looking for. I feel Myles is in it. He has been unstoppable.

If the Browns can win this game. I will be on cloud nine. It would change this entire season. A loss will be more of "well we got to fight for a wild card now."

P
Legend
Legend
P
My biggest concern is that the Browns are in a terrible position at both OT positions against a great Ravens D. They are first against the run so their DL isn't leaving holes to run in. When you combine that with them having Roquan Smith at LB'er it makes this a very difficult match up. I'm not saying the Browns "can't win". I'm saying the odds certainly aren't in their favor. I understand what you're saying about being "in the zone". But neither the Titans nor the Cardinals are in the same category as the Ravens in terms of D. I believe a QB needs at least some time in the pocket or some sense of security to get in a zone. I'm not sure under the current conditions that the Ravens will be allowing him the time to do so.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #2041252 11/11/23 05:31 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Rishuz
The biggest challenge is Watson is a slow processor. He's a backyard football QB. This game needs to be drop back, plant, throw.
Yeah.

other teams do this, every year, with scores of @uarterbacks, multiples of 20 @bs, over many years, but the Browns, not since Testaverde was the caller, ..maybe Garcia did a little in 04? could we count on that as a legitimate regular part of the offense.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If the Browns can get consistent pressure with their front of their defense then they can stay in the game.

And if the Browns offense can do things well by not trying to do what we all know won't work, then they can hang around in this game.
and.
Beat em on the last play of the game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Their linebackers are good and they are schemed well.

Bitonio can handle LT. Hudson will have to be at least adequate. Your concerns are justified.

My thoughts are KS and AVP will not be looking at long developing plays. Personally I think Ford is not very good. However, both Kareem and Ford can catch the ball. I think that will be part of the game plan. Emphasis on getting the ball out.

I am expecting Njoku to be used often. The Ravens are going to try to take away Cooper no doubt. Another receiver will have to step up either Moore or Tillman.

We will need to play well. That is all that can be said. We cannot be in long yardage for first downs because of penalties. We have to play clean football. Field position all the little things that lead to victory.

It is not about 300+ yardage games for the quarterback. It is about not turning it over. Making field goals. Keeping them in their territory.

I am looking forward to the game and hope we can find the way to win.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by bonefish

This is the biggest game the Browns have had in quite some time. I am really excited to see the game.

It is a serious challenge with loads on the line for both teams. The Ravens are understandably the favorites.

Division games never seem to go the way most figure. The standings and games played against each other reflect that.

Both defenses are near the top in every defensive category. The Ravens have the better offense to date.

The Browns are third in rushing. The unknown factor is what will we see from DW?

I look forward to seeing how he will play in this game. If we lose. The wild card is still in play. A lot of games remain to be played.

But I guess you have it all figured out. Let us know the fortune teller you see for all the tips.

No fortune teller. I don't have anything figured out. I actually think about this game about exactly like you are saying. My post was in a minute of instant despair, after reading we will not have either starting Tackle. I am a half full thinker in reality. It's just we can never go into these games full strength. I don't know if the curse is real, but sometimes it sure feels like it

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2nd String
2nd String
Oh, the CURSE is REAL.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not long ago I wanted to know more about the number of injuries. So I looked around. The numbers are wild.

Over 3k per year. 10 guys per team on average go to the IR or IL. That is a lot of players. It is random and can happen to anyone.

Bodies are flying around and shoulder pads and helmets don't protect joints, muscle tears, etc.

When we lost Chubb my favorite player. I was sick. I didn't even want to watch the games. But injuries happen and are a part of the game. It really is next man up.

We can beat the Ravens. If the Steelers beat them. We can.

We need to play a complete game. We have the players to win this game. We are not perfect by any measurement. There are things I wish we had. Like more proven receivers. I am still sick about Chubb.

But there is talent on this roster. I don't think the Ravens are somehow way above us. They are not. They have weaknesses as well.

These are the kind of games you want to play. If we are going to do anything. You want to prove that you can. This is one of those games.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

No fortune teller. I don't have anything figured out. I actually think about this game about exactly like you are saying. My post was in a minute of instant despair, after reading we will not have either starting Tackle. I am a half full thinker in reality. It's just we can never go into these games full strength. I don't know if the curse is real, but sometimes it sure feels like it

The Ravens haven't been healthy in like three years. And they still find ways to beat us.

They can beat us even if we are fully healthy. But here's the thing...the defense is pretty much completely healthy and Watson is healthy. That should be enough. If not, I know the injury excuse will come up but I'm not buying it. It's excuse making.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Fist of all Lamar is 2 wins no losses against deshaun teams.
They have a dynasty level defense we have statistically a good defense.
Ravens clearly better offense
Baltimore wins 20 to 14

Rishuz #2041270 11/11/23 07:58 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The one injury that you really cannot cover up is your quarterback.

You may get by for a few weeks but you are not going anywhere really. Hell it is hard enough when you have good starters.

Herbert is really good. And SD cannot seem to get it together.

This is a big game and I am glad to play it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by The Collector

Myles doing Myles things

And Clowney doing things we apparently didn't let him do. Looks like his beef about being the edge setter opposite Myles had merit.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Joe Woods.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Clowney has always had strengths to his game.

At the same time inconsistent play. There are reasons behind why he has been a one year contract guy.

Early this year Z looked dominant. But I have seen plays lately where I questioned his effort.

Still overall the defense as a complete unit has been excellent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
Baltimore wins 20 to 14

I truly hope not, but I'm expecting that we will be in last place by the end of the day. All the other AFC North teams should win today....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
Baltimore wins 20 to 14

I truly hope not, but I'm expecting that we will be in last place by the end of the day. All the other AFC North teams should win today....

I sadly feel the exact same way. I'd feel a lot more confident with a healthy Watson, Chubb, Conklin, and even Wills out there...I just can't see us keeping pace with Baltimore...we are just too stagnant on offense, and I feel they will will shadow Coop and slide coverage on Njoku...I think Nick Harris is going to have a poor showing...and Watson is going to have a lot of issues today. I'd feel much better if we end up having two pick 6's lol....but highly unlikely.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is a big game and I am glad to play it.

Now THAT I would love to see. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

Its funny how the Chubb injury isn't discussed on a national level when people talk about our team ... it's like people forget that our best player is gone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think that's because injuries happen to every team. If they spent their time talking about all the great players every team had that were injured, there wouldn't be time to talk about anything else. The NFL is a passing league. Everything is QB centric. Supposedly that's what was supposed happen when the Browns traded for watson. I think the media, as well as some of us are more focused on why as of now that hasn't happened. I mean Chubb isn't the 230 million dollar man. Watson is.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2041365 11/12/23 01:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Facts sometimes seem inconvenient to you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Facts?? They don't talk about Chubb because Watson got paid 230M??

rofl rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2041375 11/12/23 01:53 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Try reading it a little slower. It's a passing league. It's a QB centric league. You must have missed that part. The media focuses on the QB position. Why? because they make the big bucks and take up the biggest portion of the salary cap of any position in the league.

Most teams with quality QB's have found a way to move the ball on the ground with RB's of much lesser talent. When defenses must focus on stopping the pass it opens up opportunities in the running game. When the browns signed watson to the highest guaranteed contract in NFL history the focus went to watson and if he would live up to that contract. Of course you already know these things but never let facts get in the way of your desire to ignore them.

There's also the fact that the Browns have the fourth most rushing yards in the league. If the Browns were ranked low in rushing yards that would be a factor that might bring more attention to the Chubb injury by the media.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
If you think about it, If the league were fixed, and they were sure the Browns wouldn't lose 2 in a row,
then
making it so the Browns win today and not next week, would hurt the Browns royally.

In case anyone else has noticed that none of the Browns wins have moved them up in the standings this year.

slick #2042218 11/12/23 08:27 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How would you like your crow cooked deep fried?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How would you like your crow baked, broiled, how about barbie- qued?

2nd String
2nd String
I said we would lose by 6 in a close game...You call that crow material? I'll take it fried.

PS: Are you the local Mall Cop?

L
Legend
Legend
L
We need to drop the eating crow references. Don’t act like turkeys!l, we bested the Ravens!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Have a heaping dish. Enjoy.

No I am not a Mall cop. I am a Browns fan.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Wonder if they flex us next week to Sunday night.
The scheduled game is Denver/Vikes

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 The Ravens Game

Link Copied to Clipboard