Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Stefanski pretending he doesn't know who they play next week.

Best part....none of the little Haslam terrors in sight.

They were the first thing I looked for. Hopefully they were left at home.

When Stefanski said he didn't know who we were playing, you can see Bitonio smirking.

Legend
Legend
haha I noticed bitonio too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
FATE #2042266 11/12/23 11:37 PM
Legend
Legend
That would be much better backgrown music for this Cedrick Tillman block. Yet another great moment in this game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yeah, but so would Culture Club lmao. Who picks that music?? 🤣

Edit: killer block btw

Last edited by FATE; 11/12/23 11:45 PM.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by dawg66
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by dawg66
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I think it was 4th down though and we had 0 timeouts

It might have been 4th down now that I think about it but I still would have tried the FG than the Hail-Mary.

Stefanski addressed this in post game presser. He said he thought 60 was too far and the Ravens had a returner near the goal line. I think he went for the safe play.

So he tries a 50/50 jump ball that could have been intercepted and returned for a TD?, the odds were a lot higher with the FG being made than the Hail-Mary being successful. Hopkins is 22 out of 37 from beyond 50+ yards (59.5% success rate) while according to ESPN Hail-Marys are only 9.7% successful.

Tell me the last time a Hail Mary into the end zone returned for a TD?

Let me add to your post Fort….it would've been a career freaking long for Hopkins. Here’s some negative thinking that some of you love. Well, he could’ve have had the field goal blocked and returned for a TD. He could’ve kicked it short and returned for a TD.

Stef’s call was fine. He probably made his decision from either intel from Hopkins and/or Bubba and also knowing his two tackles were out.

I agree. I thought about the block/return possibility that made the HM even more the right choice. I don't mind 2nd guessing, God knows KS has given us plenty of opportunities, but that HM may have been teh safest move. .

FATE #2042269 11/12/23 11:49 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
That sounded like Peanuts music.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
11:08 is where I got the first 'funny feeling' that today may be special.

What a play by the Chief!

2 members like this: mgh888, ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Rugby scrum indeed, & good that Ford kept churning his legs to give our big fatties a chance to push the pile. We out-muscled them on that play. Or out-gutted them.

Elves imposed their will on that team at the end of that play.
I watched the Ravens fold, and concede field position to CLE, just before DHop's game-winning FG. Every team in the league will see that clip. Cleveland didn't just move the pile on that play... Cleveland moved the entire division on that play.

How many times have we seen CLE on the receiving end of plays that looked just like that? That should tell us something about the team we are watching this season. Character. Heart. Will.

For me, that was the most important play of the game, because I watched BAL crumble/tumble/dumble/grumble beneath the Browns' onslaught. Our men wanted it more than their men, at the exact moment when 'will to win' counted the most. It was THE 'statement moment' in a 'statement game.' -and it happened at the halfway point in the team's schedule.

Because of today's game, The 2023 season is now the Browns' to write for themselves.

Today, The Cleveland Browns established their legitimacy as a serious football franchise. Hard-fought divisional win over the divisional playoff front-runner.
Now, it's time to create momentum.

Goliath lost today. In a high-scoring shootout with David.

I confess, I didn't see this one coming. I predicted a low-scoring, toss-up game. The fact that we beat BAL (in their house) in a high-scoring game blows me away- and gives me confidence v. the remaining schedule.

It tells me that we can run a ground game that nets us strong numbers against statistically strong opponents. CLE ran for $1.76 on the divisional front-runner without Nick Chubb. Browns have a legit coaching staff/scheme.

Side note: today, DeShaun Watson orchestrated a gritty, clutch, 14-point deficit win against a divisional front-running opponent. He got banged up, beat up- and stayed in the game to help us to this team win. Games like this are why he was brought to Cleveland. Time to start capitalizing on the investment.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: bonefish, 3rd_and_20
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. And I don’t mind second guessing or a different opinion, however most of them aren’t close to being logical.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

FATE #2042277 11/13/23 03:05 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
11:08 is where I got the first 'funny feeling' that today may be special.

What a play by the Chief!
I feel exactly the same way - Njoku may have had better games statistically - but (outside of one bad drop) he was outstanding today and that play was the epitome of some of the character and toughness that seems to have been missing in many or most of our teams since 1999. Tillman's block on Van Noy was another example - commentators seemed to think it was an illgal blindside or cutback block? IDK ... I do know I loved it. Nearly taunting - standing over an opponent you've just nailed for a split second has drawn plenty of flags in games I have watched.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/13/23 03:05 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Great stats - gutted this out even though he was clearly hurt - and hard to define how clutch some of those plays he made with his arm and feet were.... and the TD pass to Moore was exceptional QB play, scrambling but always looking for a receiver to get open.

Baltimore is a good team - we had back up tackles - the play in this game gives me more hope for Watson to be the sort of QB that we traded for when we gave up those picks. The slow start still a concern, but hopefully we turned a corner today. Hope we keep on keeping on.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Right now I feel as long as Watson can play well and Garrett, Cooper & Watson all stay healthy the sky is the limit for our Browns.

Legend
Legend
Jc

Woke up this morning in a great mood haha!!

DT, y’all realized that just this season alone, we beat two of the hottest teams in the league going into Sundays? San Fran and Baltimore.

We can run with ANYBODY

I haven’t been the nicest to Stefanski, but he’s showing why he was coach of the year and should be on the next cover of GQ!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
4 members like this: FATE, bbrowns32, PerfectSpiral
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I feel ya Swish !!

Having coffee at work feeling like I'm sitting on a cloud

Feeling high from such a great comeback win !!

This is what being a Browns fan is all about

This kind of feeling on a Monday Morning

Let's have many more of these

Please !!! smile

2 members like this: bbrowns32, Swish
B
Legend
Legend
B
Things are looking up.

The team gutted it out when teams from the past would have folded.

Watson was great in the 2nd half. The arm is better and he is now sure of the offense. I feel like the real D Watson just stood up.

We all love Chubb, but our run game this year has hardly missed him. The rotation worked well enough and now Ford is stepping forward as the lead back. J Ford is turning in to a very good NFL back. There will be no need to rush Chubb back in to action next year.

Njoku played great. I have never been his biggest fan but the guy is starting to play at a high level.

The D...well..what a difference a D coordinator made. Everybody on the D is playing at levels we could hardly imagine last year. Joe Woods has to be looking at our D today and feel somewhat impotent. A few players were exchanged, but not that many. Look at Clowney with the Ravens. He is playing like the impact player he can be, but here, Woods had him setting edges all game long.

It's looking good folks.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
how about that win probability chart? Just incredible

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Damn, now that was a win. Loved it. Tough game,, full of potholes that we could have fallen into.. and did. But pulling it out in the end, that was special....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
2 members like this: FATE, bbrowns32
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: JimDawg, Swish
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Simply.....superb fan reaction. Carry on friends....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
5m
AFC North playoff odds, per ESPN FPI
Ravens: 89.1% (49.2 to win division)
Browns: 78.3% (28.8)
Steelers: 52.9% (15.6)
Bengals: 33.8% (6.4)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
We all love Chubb, but our run game this year has hardly missed him.

Dunno about that, 'peen. Just image how much better we would have been if we still had him......

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
Legend
M
Statement win for the Browns. Down so many key injuries this year w/ Chubb, Conklin, Wills, Jones to beat the Ravens at home when there were so many hurdles this team needed toclear in order to win. This team has heart, never quits, and made key plays went it counted.

- For the most part, the offensive line held up outside of Hudson who I thought had a pretty rough game. The LT, Christian, didn't get his name called much, if at all, and that is usually a good sign for a lineman.

- Jerome Ford ran more in between the tackles, and whaddyaknow, had a really good game. He must have a dawgtalkers account.

- Gutsy performance by Watson to rebound after a bad first half and an injury to carry the team for the second half. He was the better QB yesterday and we needed that perfect 2nd have performance.

- Kudos to Newsome for his first INT to be a TD. The secondary stepped up after injuries to Ward and Delpit. Before going out, I thought Delpit was playing extremely well.

- One thing not mentioned is this coaching staff's ability to get the team to regroup and focus after halftime. Not sure if it's is motivational coach speak or overall in-game adjustments, but they've done a great job in that regard.

- Njoku is a beast and glad to see the team targeting him more these past few weeks. Would still like to see more of this in the RZ, but I'll take what I can get to this point.

- I hope the players don't get too overconfident and listen to the tone of Stefanski's post-game words. Focus. Stay on task. Never quit. Execute.

- Some people are going to be upset when Berry and Stefanski sign extensions.

Week 11 vs Steelers

Browns -3.5
Over/Under 38.5

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I'm curious to see the grading performance on the LT from yesterday ... I don't even remember him being mentioned, which is good

Legend
Legend
One thing that has been kinda overlooked in this glorious win.

The blocked field goal by Elliott.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
After watching the final play of yesterday's game, I simply sat there and allowed myself to take it all in...

I had a feeling of "satisfaction" ... they did not give up..!

From the beginning of the game, the Browns were forced to fight like hell for yesterday's victory.

The offense, the defense and the special teams refused to give up, winning that game on the last play.

Never give up..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Dunno about that, 'peen. Just image how much better we would have been if we still had him......

maybe 2 games better wink

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
One thing that has been kinda overlooked in this glorious win.

The blocked field goal by Elliott.
great point

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Dunno about that, 'peen.

You're right, you don't know. Neither do I.

I am just looking at the stats to date, and they seem fairly comparable. It's not like we went from having a potent rushing attack to crap.

We all miss Chubb but we aren't having trouble running the ball.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Here is another.

Lost in Translation.

Kevin Stefanski going for TWO with a DW qb draw.

Where is all the smack about KS now? (not from you)

Legend
Legend
Cannot be proven but IMO we would not have lost the Steeler game or the Seattle game with Nick.

Think about that. 8-1

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
What a great win! I'm still trying to figure out what happened? Not the end result, but what changed from a putrid 1st half to a terrific 2nd half? I watched it live...then re-watched the 2nd half...then re-watched the whole game...I can't figure it out.

Did the light bulb(s) come on? Did the dinged up DW4 shoulder loosen all the way up? Did it take a quarter or so to get back into it after an early 14-0 deficit? Did we make a bunch of 'adjustments'? Or did we simply start to execute better? I did notice a lot less trickery and fewer east/west running plays (someone ^ mentioned Ford running more between the tackles).

Overcame: 14-0 deficit... PS LT who played quite well after being here for only a week...not-awful play by Hudson (yes, he made mistakes...but he's a developmental guy who plays hard and didn't get his QB killed)...(4) big defensive stops killed by holding/contact penalties ((3) of which were BS and one an interception in the endzone)...a muffed punt return for a fumble...starting CB out injured in-game...starting S then also out injured in-game.

How does a veteran QB go from awful, awful throws in the first half to perfection in the 2nd half? Some of those 1st half throws were incredibly bad...then several throws in the 2nd half were incredibly good and clutch too!. Some clutch, tough runs and also that crazy-bad slide short of the sticks? Watson went from looking 'washed-out' to looking like a top tier QB in the span of 30-40 game minutes.

Solid...SOLID performances by Njoku, Ford, LG/C/RG, Cooper, Moore and the entire defense AND several backups...and Hopkins with the game winner walkoff... What the hell happened yesterday?

Lastly...if you re-watch the game, look closely at the Rats players' faces and body language...Harbaugh too...starting towards the end of Q3. It's like they knew a buzzsaw was coming and they couldn't do anything about it. It was glorious.

1 member likes this: mgh888
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It really is the Tale of Two Watsons this season. The way he hit Cooper and looked off the coverage was Brady-esque, but that first half for the most part was god-awful. Second half was legendary. Like, bro, just stop doing this to me. Please just be the second half version, haha.

I think the thing I liked the most was how they bullied the Ravens. Smith taking down their RT, Tillman taking down Van Noy, who must have him by 50-60 lbs, the pile push, Njoku abusing their secondary. That's what you need to do to take down the top dogs like the Steelers and the Ravens in the division. You have to bully them. You have to intimidate them.

I just hope we can continue that style next weekend.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think we really started to figure out attacking their front 7 in the run game ... and that really got Baltimore on its heels defensively. They weren't going to stop us, so all it was going to take was our defense to stop them (which we did multiple AND it turned into a pick 6)

I also think that our defense did a great job of bottling up Lamar and keeping him insulated

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
you love to see it

P
Legend
Legend
P
It was the tail of two halves. The first half was a disaster any way you look at it. But somehow they woke up at half time and looked like a totally different team in the second half.

Thanks goes out to Hopkins for keeping the Browns in the game during the first half. Thanks goes out to Newsome for the int. return for a TD which put us in position to win the game. Thanks goes out to Myles who had one helluva game. And thanks goes out to watson for waking up at half time. Had you have played like you did in the first half the Browns would have lost this game in a landslide.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Jc

Random thought, but the TD celebration with newsome had me wondering if guys watch boy band music videos and go “yo yo yo that’s the celly right there!!! We copying this move!!”

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
uh, what else is there to do all summer during the camps?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard