Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I don’t think they’re worried about a future QB controversy as it might relate to next year, so lay that speculation to bed, slick. That’s not the problem today , or next Tuesday. I think we need to get Foles or another vet, but a quarterback controversy isn’t tops on their list of worries.

I disagree but have no proof as I cannot read thier minds obviously. However if they stick with a rookie 5th round pick while 6-3, to me that is very strange ans suspicious

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I'd rather we dial up Charlie Frye - or RGIII.

Wasn’t RG3 straight-up lobbying for the Jets job after Rogers went down? He’s at least equally bad but at least mobile and he’s been here before.

Here’s hoping we land on a miracle with DTR

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
=========================
A.J. McCarron, Bengals practice squad

Remember when the Browns nearly acquired McCarron at the trade deadline in 2017? McCarron could be available if the Browns wanted to do what didn’t happen six years ago.

He has played in 17 NFL games, starting four. McCarron has completed 62.6% of his passes for 1,173 yards, six TDs and four INTs.

McCarron played in the XFL in the spring for the St. Louis Battlehawks and played very well, completing 68.8% of his passes for 2,150 yards, 24 TDs and six INTs.

================

If that happens, I will jump in the lake... and drown myself... hoping that's the way out of this cruel dream.

I'll bring the chain and cinder blocks!

Legend
Legend
I had a friend today literally suggest we call Jeff Garcia because he seemed like he was still in good shape.

At that point I just laughed for the first time all day

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Seriously? That really happened?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I prefer to shoot myself, if it comes to that, and it might come to that very soon. 😂

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This thread got very dark.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
I'd rather we dial up Charlie Frye - or RGIII.

Wasn’t RG3 straight-up lobbying for the Jets job after Rogers went down? He’s at least equally bad but at least mobile and he’s been here before.

Here’s hoping we land on a miracle with DTR

M
Legend
Legend
M
We need a game manager that is familiar with the system who only needs to get up to speed on terminology. Unfortunately, that is a very small list.

Literally, signing Trevor Simian off of the JETS' practice squad might be our best move.

Siemian finished the 2021 season (six games played, four as the starter) with 1,154 yards, 11 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 57.4% completion percentage, and with a career-high 88.4 passer rating. (cut n paste straight from google).

I'll take that all day every day compared to what I've seen with PJ Walker.

I get that DTR might be the future. But when he sparkled he was playing against guys no longer in the NFL - if he's got a chance to be something I doubt that it's via a route of rushing him into starting his rookie year. Personally I think you've got more probability of hurting his development and confidence by throwing him out there .... hopefully I am wrong and he's come a LONG way since he was put in earlier this year.

Sign Siemian - or another Vet if you don't like Trevor - and play DTR when we get opportunities in games - be super aggressive with getting him a series or so in games we are losing badly or winning by more than 10.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
As I noted some ages ago, Simien played in Minnesota when Stefanski was coaching there. QB coach I believe. Simien would have the basic concepts of our system which would give him a leg up on anybody else.

Maybe it is just Homer, but I feel that DTR has grown and learned and will be up to the challenge.

I think Stefanski understands the situation and isn't going to have DTR chucking the ball all over the yard. We have been leaning on the run for a while now. One of the changes we might see is getting Harry B back in the mix with more of the old 2 TE sets. This would serve the running game as well as the passing. Tight ends usually run "safer" routes. I could see both Njoku and Bryant getting a good number of targets.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nathan Rourke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I think Stefanski understands the situation and isn't going to have DTR chucking the ball all over the yard. .

You'd hope ... but given DTR started without much (any) notice or reps in his one and only start and KS called a game as if he had a seasoned QB playing, I'm not sure I have complete conviction. You'd hope - esp[ecially as the running game has been producing at a good level - but the proof will be in the pudding. If DTR can play about the same level as PJ Walker without the turnovers, I'd probably be quite happy.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Seriously? That really happened?
haha unfortunately

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you think the guys on these lists are going to create a QB controversy... yikes.

I'd like to add to my list.

Colt McCoy - sentimentality
Nick Foles - "been there, done that"
AJ McCarron - hilarity

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Foles is probably the youngest of the "old guys" that we might have interest in ... of course, I have NO idea what vets would best fit our offense

Guys like Rivers or Ryan are statues

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don Strock?

Joe Thomas #73
2nd String
2nd String
What about Jimmy G?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by JimDawg
What about Jimmy G?

Isn't he still on the Raiders' roster?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
sounds like Flacco it is

Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
1m
Joe Flacco is the only QB working out for the #Browns today, a source said. They'll add someone to practice squad or active roster by the time they prep for Denver next week. TBD is that happens this week or next

O
Legend
Legend
O
IIRC, Flacco is a guy that can throw accurately and on time. I guess that'll have to work, right?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Seems like Flacco has been shot for a long time. His last decent season as a starter was 2017.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the job of an NFL GM is to upgrade every position on the roster when the opportunity presents itself. At this particular time in this particular circumstance I believe this move would qualify as such.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
IIRC, Flacco is a guy that can throw accurately and on time. I guess that'll have to work, right?

I'm trying to find a record of Flacco's 2023 performance..it doesn't look as if Flacco has played for any team in 2023. If someone has information showing Flacco's 2023 NFL record, could you post it..?

To me, the lack of information would indicate that the NFL has passed judgement on Flacco's value as an NFL QB. Hopefully he will show the Browns something to prove that he still has value at least as a backup QB.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Flacco was released by the Jets shortly after they brought in Rodgers.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I'm trying to find a record of Flacco's 2023 performance..it doesn't look as if Flacco has played for any team in 2023. If someone has information showing Flacco's 2023 NFL record, could you post it..?

To me, the lack of information would indicate that the NFL has passed judgement on Flacco's value as an NFL QB. Hopefully he will show the Browns something to prove that he still has value at least as a backup QB.

Don't bother. He falls squarely in the category of "crap shoot" with a veteran presence and demeanor on the field. Probably wouldn't get rattled or wilt under the pressure, probably wouldn't do anything extravagant either.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I still don't forgive him after that Jets game against us...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I would kick the tires on RGIII. He wants to be here, he’s not that old, he’s a good guy, and he can play a style similar to Watson’s. At least work him out.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I still don't forgive him after that Jets game against us...

Normally I would, but the defensive breakdowns were so severe and frequent last year that I can't blame him. Kizer probably could have brought the Jets back.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Damn, RGIII is making an all out effort to get the Browns to look his way... Talented guy that can't stay healthy...Too bad really.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
RGIII hasn't played since 2020 and ripped a total of 58 passes over his last three years. In his last five seasons he was 4-10 with 7 TDs and 13 INTs.

Don't see how that would be even the slightest upgrade over PJ.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
RGIII hasn't played since 2020 and ripped a total of 58 passes over his last three years. In his last five seasons he was 4-10 with 7 TDs and 13 INTs.

Don't see how that would be even the slightest upgrade over PJ.

/debate

If a washed up, broken down vet is what we're going for there are better options. The idea of RG3 is perfect (mobile QB who makes plays within a VERY similar system), but those days are so far past we might as well be calling up Bernie.

Last edited by oobernoober; 11/17/23 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bernie?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Bro, he's finally got a shoe deal! Never say never!

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Joe Flacco leaves without a deal after working out for the Browns, but could be signed by next week to help replace Deshaun Watson

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...g-out-for-the-browns-friday-morning.html

L
Legend
Legend
L
Dangerous game letting him leave with bengals needing a qb. Flacco would be perfect in cincy with that offense

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
Who really suffers, when the teams that are really good, like the 23 Browns, with all their players healthy, are deprived or removed from the league,
then the legitimacy and the excellency of the league, the NFL as a whole suffers.

It really becomes a thing not to watch, like Thursday night football has become since its removal from television.

The available, well, as outside the box as it may be, the Browns need five to seven active @uarterbacks,
because if any of them play well, the secret game outcome fixers will be out to injure them, or pay them to take a dive?

the five to seven I'd target would be, ... well, 'today' maybe at least ...
Foles, PJ Walker, McCoy, DTR, and Watson, now what would that do?
It would allow for development of enough @uarterbacks with promise that the people who want to keep Cleveland down would have to at least get even more creative in how they accomplish that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Has any other NFL @uarterback, in history made his or her first two starts against the Ravens and Pittsburgh?
I think no.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, he’ll be better this time. It would be damn hard to be worse.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
seems like Flacco is a no-go, at least for now. We're gonna see how DTR plays Sunday

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Available options???

Link Copied to Clipboard