Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2043425 11/18/23 07:07 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I finally finished watching the series Succession and wanted to say to those who haven't seen it, it's definitely worth watching. The subject matter is a bit different than most shows, the casting is excellent and acting is very much believable. I'd grade it an A or an A-.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stumbled upon "Treme" ... Love it!

Joe Thomas #73
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Special Ops: Lioness was pretty good. Gettin slowly through SWAT, I enjoy that kind of show, and with 6 seasons, it’s perfect.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The Bear is phenomenal.. if you haven't seen it. Do yourself a favor and watch both seasons.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by The Collector
The Bear is phenomenal.. if you haven't seen it. Do yourself a favor and watch both seasons.

Love The Bear! Great show!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hell. Yes. I'm glad you guys mentioned this. Spent most of my life in restaurants and I heard The Bear was very realistic. I usually cycle through subscriptions, binge, and drop. Works great for those with Black Friday sales. Hulu 99 cents per month for a year thru Tuesday! Thanks!

https://www.hulu.com/welcome?utm_so...-2023&utm_content=help-center-banner

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
The new season of Fargo just came out on FX. It looks to be a good one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've already seen the first two episodes. It's great!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Lawman Bass Reeves on Paramount+ is pretty good too. I mean if you're into that kind of thing.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Looking to start Lawmen this weekend. Is Fargo worth it? Thought about starting it after Lawmen.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Lawman Bass Reeves on Paramount+ is pretty good too. I mean if you're into that kind of thing.

Bass Reeves AND the new Billy the Kid have been throwbacks to my childhood, with all the westerns used to be on TV. Both are good watches.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Yellowstone
Special Ops Lioness
Lawman Bass Reeves
Tulsa King

and anything else by Taylor Sheridan.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's hard for me to say if a series like Fargo is 'worth it" for someone else. My wife and I both watched the movie and have watched every season of Fargo the series. Last season they went off the beaten path in the series by going back in time and used 1950 as the time the series was set in. We weren't sure if we would like it and didn't actually see Chris Rock in that role. But as per usual we thought it was great! So I would say if you have watched prior seasons of Fargo and enjoyed those, you will enjoy this season very much as well.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you get al of those series with Paramount+.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the Fargo post... We love it!

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes Sir

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I saw that Six Feet Under just came to Netflix not too long ago. To me that is a BIG deal. It's an HBO exclusive, so hopefully that starts a trend.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
E
Legend
Legend
E
Obliterated on Nextflix. If you liked The Hangover you will like Obliterated. Same kind of humor.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
j/c

"Found." (NBC/Peacock)

The female lead in this story is the head of a private investigation agency dedicated to finding victims of criminal abduction, and reuniting them with their families. She is single-mindedly (obsessively) devoted to this mission, and has manned her crew with people who are similarly dedicated to her cause. The unifying reason they are all so similarly dedicated: they too are all victims, broken by circumstances beyond their control, and in various states of self-repair, just like she.

The one fact that separates The Boss from those who solve these 'missing-people mysteries' with her:
She has found, captured... and imprisoned in her basement, the deranged genius who held her in captivity during her childhood/adolescence. And- she uses his criminally genius abilities, in exchange for sustenance/survival. Yes- her prisoner actually assists her inclosing cases.

Several plot inconsistencies nag at me, like: "how does Sir do his bathroom stuff, down in that basement?" -but the fiction is really fun to run with, if I suspend all disbelief (after all- ain't that what 'fiction' is supposed to be all about?).

Not sure how a show like this could survive >2-3 seasons, but it's been a fun romp this inaugural season.

Format:
Weekly police procedural, with evolving (flashback) dramatic backstory.

My vote:
Binge/enjoy/forget.

Fun, but it prob won't last long.

Last edited by Clemdawg; 12/01/23 01:29 AM.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's a new sitcom that just came out on MAX called Bookie. The cast includes Sebastian Maniscalco and Charlie Sheen. There have only been two episodes released so far and I found it to be very funny.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Obliterated on Nextflix. If you liked The Hangover you will like Obliterated. Same kind of humor.

Just finished this the other day. I binged the first six episodes in one sitting before realizing it was 2am and I had to be up for work in a few hours, lol

Hangover meets Mission Impossible (or was it Burn Notice?)

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I finished it. I'm not sure if I stuck with it because I really liked it or if I just wanted to see if that lovely young lady playing the lead would get naked again.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
j/c:

I got the first season of Fargo about a week or two ago. I'm about half way through it, it's pretty good! Thanks to all that recommended it.

Legend
Legend
Finally after nearly a decade in the making, Masters of the Air is coming out in January. It’s about the 100th bomb group flying B17 heavy’s during WW2. It’s part of the Band of Brothers series on Apple TV+ production by Tom Hanks. My Uncle flew in this bomb group called the bloody hundredth. His ship was shot down and he was killed March 4 1944. The Bloody Hundredth sustained heavy loses during the war. Can’t wait to see this one.

Also I really liked “The Bear” Must see for BOH restaurant chefs and cooks.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
2 members like this: FATE, jfanent
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Binged a show called Die Hart with Kevin Hart. I’m not a big Kevin Hart fan per se but have really enjoyed the show. It’s an action comedy. Kevin plays himself in a real world setting that gets turned upside down.
Two seasons. Short 20 minute episodes. An easy, fun watch.

Reacher is back. He’s kickin bad guy arse again.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I just started binging "Frontier" on Netflix. It's about the conflicts between the Hudson Bay company and others trying to horn in on their monopoly in the 1700's. Gory at times, the storyline is intense. I'm 3 episodes in and it keeps getting better.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good series but it ended too soon.

1 member likes this: jfanent
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Good series but it ended too soon.

I will 2nd that

O
Legend
Legend
O
If you like Jason Momoa in Frontier, check out his series SEE.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm a big fan of Lee Child----mostly Reacher books......number one show on Amazon is "Reacher" second series--the series is pretty true to books- Reacher of Tom Cruise version not even close to "real" Reacher---the series lead is EXACTLY like book Reacher......enjoy.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
This is the second season of the show and I'm very much a fan of it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't know if it has been mentioned but we just stumbled on Django series. Looking good

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Also I really liked “The Bear” Must see for BOH restaurant chefs and cooks.

No doubt. If you've 'done your time', this show will kick you in the balls and laugh in your face. My favorite show since Breaking Bad. Upcoming season three will likely propel it even further.

The character arcs of Richie vs Carmen are insane. The writing is next-level. The constant tips of the cap to the industry are quietly poetic if not devious. The soundtrack is worthy of awards. Jeremy Allen White is the new Dustin Hoffman and can captivate without saying a word. Peeling away the layers of family in the manner they do would make This Is Us jealous. Two huge thumbs up and a solid "9" of ten.

And if Jamie Lee Curtis doesn't win an Emmy for her single-show performance as the alcoholic-manic-depressive mom, I will protest in the streets. Good. Lord.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The Bear is an amazing show. It won three Golden Globe awards last night.

‘Forks’ and ‘Seven Fishes’ episodes were prestige tv.

I actually wish Hulu would have put one episode per week with The Bear. I plowed through season two so fast I stunned myself when it was over.

I loved that Max kept Succession to one episode per week to allow for build up and anticipation of the next episode.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
For Richie to find his passion in such an unlikely place ('Forks') was moving. Especially for those in the biz that have that list of people that were so good... but never really had it running through their veins.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
Just found out about this Netflix gem this morning. I'm very excited, I'll probably watch it tonight. The original 'Alive' (1972) was great. Word is, this blows it away.

Real Photos Of Society Of The Snow Show How Accurate The Movie Is

Society of the Snow authentically captures many aspects of the actual 1972 Andes plane crash and honors the perspectives of those directly involved.

BY
GREG MACARTHUR
PUBLISHED 22 HOURS AGO

Summary:
♦️ Society of the Snow, inspired by the true story of the 1972 Andes plane crash, captures incredible realism through the use of actual photos and footage, unknown actors, and shooting on location.
♦️ The film goes beyond previous adaptations by adding new layers of specificity to honor the survivors and the deceased, including recreating photos and using the real names and likeness of the individuals involved.
♦️ Director J.A. Bayona's attention to detail and extensive interviews with the survivors contribute to Society of the Snow being considered the definitive portrayal of the events, earning the support of both the survivors and the families of the deceased.

The incredible realism captured in J.A. Bayona's hit survival movie Society of the Snow took great inspiration from actual photos and footage taken of the infamous 1972 Andes plane crash site and survivors. After premiering on Netflix on January 4, 2024, Society of the Snow has become one of the most popular titles on Netflix, soaring to the top of the Top 10 movie list. The film is also Spain's official submission to the 2024 Academy Awards for Best International Feature.

While the remarkable true story of the "Miracle of the Andes" has been captured in numerous documentaries and in the 1993 film Alive starring Ethan Hawke, Society of the Snow adds several new layers of specificity in order to better honor the real-life survivors and the deceased. Bayona cast all relatively unknown Argentine and Uruguayan actors, shot the film in chronological order and in part at the actual plane crash site in the Andes, and used exclusively the native Spanish language to retell the incredible story like never before.

Society Of The Snow's Crash-Site Photo Recreations Are Extremely Accurate To The Real Survivors' Images

One of the ways that Bayona and cinematographer Pedro Luque were able to tell the story so authentically was to recreate several of the real-life photos that were taken of the 1972 Andes plane crash site and the survivors. So many details were taken into account during the production of Society of the Snow from how the real-life fuselage looked after the crash down to the exact types of clothing that the real-life survivors were wearing at that time. Bayona was also given permission from the families of the deceased to use their real names and likeness.

The authenticity of Society of the Snow was also enhanced by Bayona's filming approach. Shooting the group of inexperienced South American actors in chronological order was not the most cost-effective way for financial or production reasons, but Bayona was determined to capture the true essence of shared hardship and camaraderie between the actors. Some actors lost a significant amount of weight during the filming process and let their hair and fingernails grow out naturally, sacrificing their overall health and hygiene throughout the filming process.

Society Of The Snow Movie's Accuracy Was Helped By The Real Survivors' Input

Bayona spent a great deal of time interviewing the real-life survivors before production began on Society of the Snow. The director gathered hours of interview footage from many of the survivors that would collectively inform every aspect of Society of the Snow, which is why it is considered the definitive portrayal of the actual events. Bayona's thoughtfulness and attention to detail are on full display with his exceptionally crafted Society of the Snow, which notably has the full support of both the real-life survivors and the families of the deceased.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I heard somewhere that there was going to be a special on the 100th Bomb Group on Apple TV. It would be another Hanks/Spielberg series a la Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I would love to watch that, since I loved the first two. Plus, it reminds me of that now-defunct restaurant that was in Cleveland.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Just started The Bear last night, didnt want to go to bed after watching a few. Gotta endure a 14 hour workday before I can continue it tonight.

2 members like this: Milk Man, FATE
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Binge this (continued)::::

Link Copied to Clipboard