Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2044420 11/19/23 09:39 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I like the insurance of him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
39s
#Browns Joe Flacco is signing with the Browns practice squad, which was the plan when he left here on Friday.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Smart. Get him up to speed and then move PJ Walker to the PS.

If DTR falls to pieces, start Flacco.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I see no downside. He could certainly help on the sideline when DW is recuperating from surgery.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I agree... PJ to the PS, get Joe up to speed for the stretch run

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Ravens’ QB and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is signing with the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad, per me and
@FieldYates
. It is expected that Flacco will get promoted to active roster. Flacco will give the Browns added QB depth in light of Deshaun Watson’s season-ending shoulder injury.

L
Legend
Legend
L
he’s insurance and might even be a starter in a week or three. He brings a deep ball threat, even if he is 38.

Last edited by lampdogg; 11/19/23 09:59 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Let’s not be silly. Get him up to speed on the PS but keep PJ active. At least until there is no chance we’re going to the big dance. You never know when you’ll need that third QB and PJ could use all the game exposure he can get. Even if it’s riding pine. And if we don’t have room on the 53, make him dress in civi’s and stand on the sideline.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/23 09:58 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Let’s not be silly. Get him up to speed on the PS but keep PJ active. At least until there is no chance we’re going to the big dance. You never know when you’ll need that third QB and PJ could use all the game exposure he can get. Even if it’s riding pine.

If DW is unable to be on the sidelines due to his surgery and rehab, Flacco should be on the 53 to have that experienced veteran input for DTR. DTR said in his presser how much he relied on Watson's input during today's game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
We’ll see. I think Flacco might work out. DTR drove us down for the W today but he is still a rookie.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I get that. I’m saying if we can reasonably keep all three active, do it. Our QB room is a later round rookie, a turnover machine convinced he’s Joe Montana and Mike Vick’s baby, and a QB on Geritol. Meanwhile, with some luck, we make the play offs with a D that could take us all the way. I want all three active. If it’s possible.

At this point, we’re not sure if we put all three in one uniform that there would be enough talent and gas to get it done. So short of Flacco looking like his prime, we don’t have a clue if any of them can fill in consistently for DW. DTR did enough today, but we will need to take more chances in the games left. We have no idea what that will look like. We know PJ is a mess, but we can win with him as a last resort. And will Flacco even look like he belongs? I have no idea how old he is now, but he has to be getting up there for QBs.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/23 10:13 PM.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Eventually, teams will figure out DTR. Hopefully, by that time, Flacco will be ready.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No thank you.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, just looked it up. Flacco is 38 and had limited action with the Jets last year. I have no idea what this will look like, but at this point, I hope they hit the lotto on DTR.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
The Jets simply overused Flacco IIRC ... he was throwing 50-60 times a game at age 37 (and taking a beating)

He was sharper in the beginning of the season

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I totally get the signing and I’m down for moving him up and PJ down when the time’s right but ya gotta think if Flacco is strapping on his helmet and running onto the field things have probably gotten pretty dire. It’s a sad state of affairs that he’s the best option but it is what it is. He wasn’t very good with the Jets, which I saw way more of than I’d like to admit living in NJ. I can remember friends screaming “throw the damn ball already Flacco!!!!” Haha. He was a sack muncher, especially last year.
Well, he’s ours now. Hopefully he’s born anew! Go Browns!

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Great signing. Proven vet who has beatup on the Browns in his career. I'd like to see him get up to speed and start sooner than later. I think he has just enough in the tank to lead us to the playoffs. Throws some of the prettiest looking deep balls.

Time to put the PJ Walker experiment to bed.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
All Pro
All Pro
Keep me honest here folks, but my understanding is that because we elevated PJ 3x to the active roster we would have to waive him to get him back on PS.

Last edited by captainphil; 11/19/23 10:58 PM.

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by captainphil
Keep me honest here folks, but my understanding is that because we elevated PJ 3x to the active roster we would have to waive him to get him back on PS.
I think this is the case, but I get confused too

T
Legend
Legend
T
dude, ... ... dude the proverbial pistol is still luke warm from today's matchup,
telling on how they, somebody must have felt about today's game.

Wow.
... hang on, is this the first of April? ... did they 'really?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
2nd String
2nd String
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted by captainphil
I think this is the case, but I get confused too

No one will want Walker

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
First QB to win Super Bowl MVP on both the Ravens & Browns? :-P

Legend
Legend
On the NFL Network this morning, Kyle Brandt said that everyone is sold out of Flacco Browns jerseys, he couldn't find one anywhere, lol.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
On the NFL Network this morning, Kyle Brandt said that everyone is sold out of Flacco Browns jerseys, he couldn't find one anywhere, lol.
haha unbelievable

R
Legend
Legend
R
I really hope this is to be DTRs backup. I think that's a great move if so. If we are asking DTR to hold down the fort until Flacco is ready I don't like it.

Ride with DTR unless he absolutely collapses. I think he's only going to get better.

Stef called a brilliant game yesterday to protect and develop his QB while securing the win. He panicked a little after Warren's long run and after the score was tied and got pass happy but for the most part he called a great game. With this defense we have the luxury to continue to do this while developing the kid for the future. Stay on this track.

He delivered a game winning drive yesterday and I've read calls for Flacco to start on here. Say what? Hope the Browns aren't thinking the same.

3 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE, guard dawg
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I thought we had a really nice offensive plan yesterday too ... our first few drives flipped the field, which led to points .. and then he recognized in the end something about attacking them out of empty formation ... the passes to Njoku and Cooper put Pittsburgh in a bind and won us the game

1 member likes this: guard dawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I really hope this is to be DTRs backup. I think that's a great move if so. If we are asking DTR to hold down the fort until Flacco is ready I don't like it.

Ride with DTR unless he absolutely collapses. I think he's only going to get better.

Stef called a brilliant game yesterday to protect and develop his QB while securing the win. He panicked a little after Warren's long run and after the score was tied and got pass happy but for the most part he called a great game. With this defense we have the luxury to continue to do this while developing the kid for the future. Stay on this track.

He delivered a game winning drive yesterday and I've read calls for Flacco to start on here. Say what? Hope the Browns aren't thinking the same.

Keep DTR as the starter hopefully is the plan, unless as you say he fails miserably

It seems that's how they handled the Walker situation, let him play as he won

Then took the opportunity to put DTR back in as the starter

The players on both sides of the ball talk highly of DTR

Pit brought up a good point about Flacco being a good mentor to DTR due to the different styles of play

Hopefully DW can be on the sidelines to help DTR for a few games and Flacco can learn from DW on the sidelines on how to help with game making decisisions with DTR's playing style

GM mentioned how yesterdays game resembled the Cardiac kids

Fun days, lets hope DTR Hopkins and the Defense can keep the wins coming

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I like this signing. Flacco seems like he’d be a great mentor to a few guys on this team. Guy has won a superbowl and knows this game inside out.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Keep DTR as the starter hopefully is the plan, unless as you say he fails miserably

It seems that's how they handled the Walker situation, let him play as he won

Then took the opportunity to put DTR back in as the starter

The players on both sides of the ball talk highly of DTR

Pit brought up a good point about Flacco being a good mentor to DTR due to the different styles of play

Hopefully DW can be on the sidelines to help DTR for a few games and Flacco can learn from DW on the sidelines on how to help with game making decisisions with DTR's playing style

GM mentioned how yesterdays game resembled the Cardiac kids

Fun days, lets hope DTR Hopkins and the Defense can keep the wins coming

I don't believe Watson will be on the sidelines now for a few weeks. he is scheduled to have surgery this week in LA. I heard the plan is for the Browns to visit him during the week they are in LA preparing for the Rams.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I don't mind the move. I don't think we will be asking much from Flacco. But I do wish we would have at least looked at RGIII. I was impressed with his leadership and playing hurt when he was here last time. His style of play is closer to DTR's. Also add that he was a huge help to Lamar Jackson in his time in B'more. I don't know how he is physically....according RGIII he can still run a 4.3...lol...regardless, he is probably fast enough...lol. Also according to his own words, he is more than willing to take the clipbook and help DTR.

But I am just fine with the Flacco move. We can see the game calling moving back to the run heavy 12 and 13 personnel to help DTR....and we did the same for Brissett so not overly worried about Flacco if he has to play.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
I don't believe Watson will be on the sidelines now for a few weeks. he is scheduled to have surgery this week in LA. I heard the plan is for the Browns to visit him during the week they are in LA preparing for the Rams.

I did not know that

Thanks for that information

Hope it goes well and he recovers fully

P
Legend
Legend
P
I had hoped they would sign a veteran. The Browns needed it. Their O managed a whopping 13 points yesterday. That's not going to get you where you need to go.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

You're on a run of putting out great posts on here. Couldn't agree more.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
Dating back to when I signed up on the board.

Legend
Legend
It's easy when you're "always right". grin

Am I right?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Legend
Legend
R
Yes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
It's easy when you're "always right". grin

Am I right?

I feel his pain.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Browns officially signed QB Joe Flacco to their practice squad.

Legend
Legend
Yes.

The correct answer was "always". 👊

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign QB Joe Flacco

Link Copied to Clipboard