Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
FATE #2043366 11/18/23 11:29 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Their stand on racism and racist laws has certainly softened. But I'm not a fan of baseball anyway.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They want to stop early voting? Please enlighten us on this new revelation.

Also, the vote was up that high after the new law was passed. Are you saying it's just not racist enough??

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2043371 11/18/23 11:42 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a funny thing about human nature. When you try to stop someone from doing something they want to do, it tends to make them even more determined to do it. Sometimes it even encourages people that didn't do it before to take a stand out of principal alone.. It appears the state of Georgia's strategy has backfired on them.

In your mind somehow you think that those laws caused people to go out and vote. I wonder why that is?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
FATE #2043372 11/18/23 11:43 AM
Legend
Legend
Votes were up across the board. Not just with blacks. I have an idea why.

Pit nailed it

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 11/18/23 11:45 AM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
PitDAWG #2043382 11/18/23 12:28 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's a funny thing about human nature. When you try to stop someone from doing something they want to do, it tends to make them even more determined to do it. Sometimes it even encourages people that didn't do it before to take a stand out of principal alone.. It appears the state of Georgia's strategy has backfired on them.

In your mind somehow you think that those laws caused people to go out and vote. I wonder why that is?

You just said the laws caused them to. rofl

FATE #2043386 11/18/23 12:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Exactly. So I wonder why that is? Why did more restrictive laws make more people vote than before by a wide margin?

It was you who decided to post that after the laws were changed a lot more people voted. Are you saying you weren't trying to draw a causation there? So why do you think that is? Keep dancing around that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm not dancing around anything.

I showed you facts, you don't like the facts, now you want to wax philosophic.

FATE #2043391 11/18/23 12:59 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I LOVE the facts! The more roadblocks Republicans put in the way of people voting, the more determined people are to vote. Their strategy is backfiring on them just like their abortion bans are.

In many areas throughout the south they have closed polling locations in rural areas with a mainly minority populations making it harder for them to vote. Yet they still overcome those obstacles as well.

I love the facts because they don't mean what you think they mean.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Early voting for Georgia Senate runoff shattered records.

Black Voters comprised 35% of the day one early vote, the Black male vote over 20% higher.

Exactly, …. they want to stop that.

No they don't. They added Saturday early voting to make it more convenient for people who work. How is that stopping anything?

No Craps Given
EveDawg #2043395 11/18/23 02:01 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Black Voters comprised 35% of the day one early vote, the Black male vote over 20% higher.

No they don't. They added Saturday early voting to make it more convenient for people who work. How is that stopping anything?

They also expanded in-person early voting hours and mandated each county have drop boxes for absentee ballots. Not that #factsmatter

FATE #2043397 11/18/23 02:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Fewer voters used drop boxes after Georgia voting law limited them

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fewer-...limited-them/WTCPBE7QH5HBBEJB37RSC3FQYY/

A new Georgia voting law reduced ballot drop box access in places that used them most

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/27/1112487312/georgia-voting-law-ballot-drop-box-access

A sweeping generalization doesn't mean much when people actually do look at facts.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't buy that people can't vote.

If they want to vote, they will find a way to vote.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #2043456 11/19/23 08:29 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Obviously you haven't paid attention to states like Florida, Texas, Georgia and some others that have done whatever they can to hinder voters they feel won't vote Republican. Take Ohio, the AG here decided to disqualify thousands of Voters. And lets not forget all the Gerrymandering going on.

It should be easy for legit voters to vote and for some folks, it's just not that simple.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
FATE #2043462 11/19/23 09:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by EveDawg

They also expanded in-person early voting hours and mandated each county have drop boxes for absentee ballots. Not that #factsmatter

Yes they do. They just haven’t successfully completed their grand scheme.

– Jackie Robinson
Ballpeen #2043466 11/19/23 10:47 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P

I don't buy that states should be passing laws that make it more and more difficult for people to vote. People can "find a way". But is that really the point here? The point here is that laws are being passed that make it harder to vote.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2043494 11/19/23 12:45 PM
Legend
Legend

I don't buy that states should be passing laws that make it more and more difficult for people to vote. People can "find a way". But is that really the point here? The point here is that laws are being passed that make it harder to vote.

Only in Predominantly Democrat districts where gerrymandering didn’t work so well or the new district lines were rejected by the voters. Pfft Gopers …don’t like the voters outcome, make it harder for the opposition to vote. It has been part of their platform for years.

– Jackie Robinson
PitDAWG #2043495 11/19/23 12:54 PM
Legend
Legend

Nor should Atlanta replace all the phone booths with voting kiosks and drop boxes. Your comments about less drop boxes making it harder are ridiculous. Harder compared to what? Driving to Wal-Mart? GTHOH Besides with the record number of early, in-person voting, drop boxes will obviously be less used. Math any mosquito could understand.

If you're going to keep talking about "harder", please start by defining "hard". This is turning into a ridiculous pity-party for people that neither require or are asking for any pity.

FATE #2043497 11/19/23 12:57 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So your claim was that those drop boxes were still there and now that it's been shown that not only have many been removed, but they've been removed in areas where people can't afford transportation live you pivot to another excuse. Same as it ever was.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2043508 11/19/23 01:19 PM
Legend
Legend
Blah, blah, blah, blah... senseless sob-story. There are about 35 different ways to vote now. If someone didn't vote, they're either lazy or looking for excuses. If they can't afford transportation they can vote from home. Next they'll be unable to afford the free postage. "No fair, no fair!!!" willynilly

FATE #2043511 11/19/23 01:27 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So they didn't make it harder to vote? They didn't reduce drop boxes? Some southern states didn't reduce polling places in minority areas? Texas didn't reduce drop boxes to one per county which means where liberal voters live in huge numbers like Houston only have on drop box?

The only one I see in denial and throwing a tantrum here is you. They're either making it harder for people, especially in minority neighborhoods to vote or they aren't. And obviously they are.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
The subject should not be voting, because when you are talking about the voting, the subject ought to be
ending slavery today.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
PitDAWG #2043912 11/19/23 04:01 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They're either making it harder for people, especially in minority neighborhoods to vote or they aren't. And obviously they are.

I think this is more the point. It isn't that they are making it more difficult for everyone to vote. THey are making it harder fora selective portion of the population to vote.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
PitDAWG #2044374 11/19/23 07:30 PM
Legend
Legend
So they didn't make it harder to vote? They didn't reduce drop boxes? Some southern states didn't reduce polling places in minority areas? Texas didn't reduce drop boxes to one per county which means where liberal voters live in huge numbers like Houston only have on drop box?

The only one I see in denial and throwing a tantrum here is you. They're either making it harder for people, especially in minority neighborhoods to vote or they aren't. And obviously they are.

Yes Pit, they made it harder to vote.

Easier than picking buggers. But still harder than snoring.

It's harder to do one of the easiest things to do in the world to do. Something that humankind has spent an eternity willing to die for, but internet trolls set their hair on fire about if it doesn't come with a chauffeur and a tall glass of ice water. thumbsup

Jump on your next crusade. You've already lost this one, but I don't feel like spending 145 posts and reading 32 "you see"'s to prove it. So we'll just say "you win" so you can grab your juice box and head back to MSDNC.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Chill Pit. For some GOPers, they could have went a lot further with their turn back to Jim Crow. Remember, we don’t all think the same or have the same values.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
PitDAWG #2044491 11/20/23 07:11 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

I remember a time when you voted on voting day. One could still absentee vote, but you voted on voting day. It's not harder to vote.

To a point daman made about purging voter rolls. States should if they have names that haven't voted in x number of years. That increases administrative burden to keep them there and leaves open the possibility of voter fraud.

Voters have weeks to cast their vote. Somewhere in that timeframe they can find a way to vote. One has to remember; polls are mostly staffed by volunteers. Only a small segment of the population actually volunteers to do anything. You can't have voting precincts every 5 miles. In some cases, some people are going to have to travel 15 miles or more to get to their designated polling place.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #2044513 11/20/23 09:20 AM
Legend
Legend
I think we all know how early voting and mail in voting works now. The point is Gopers want to change all that in certain districts that vote predominantly democrat and make it harder for them to cast their vote. But the fact is it also hurts themselves.

– Jackie Robinson
Ballpeen #2044515 11/20/23 09:34 AM
Legend
Legend

I remember a time when you voted on voting day. One could still absentee vote, but you voted on voting day. It's not harder to vote.

To a point daman made about purging voter rolls. States should if they have names that haven't voted in x number of years. That increases administrative burden to keep them there and leaves open the possibility of voter fraud.

Voters have weeks to cast their vote. Somewhere in that timeframe they can find a way to vote. One has to remember; polls are mostly staffed by volunteers. Only a small segment of the population actually volunteers to do anything. You can't have voting precincts every 5 miles. In some cases, some people are going to have to travel 15 miles or more to get to their designated polling place.

When states shut down poling places in minority districts, that's making it harder. Texas did that.

As for only voting on one day, you know, it's not been like that since I starting voting. The first time I voted was an Absentee ballot. I was going to be on my Honeymoon on the day of voting that year. So you are going back way too far. Todays world is such that people work more than they did years ago.. why the hell shouldn't we make it easier to vote.

As for Purging voter rolls, sure, If people hadn't voted for years, I got no problem purging them. But in Ohio, that's not what happened.

It's funny all the BS we hear from the right about rigged elections. Yet, Everyone in power (except politicians that lost) keep repeating that our elections are safer than they've ever been.

It's almost like the Right doesn't have anything to complain about so they have to make stuff up.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Ballpeen #2044543 11/20/23 11:11 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not harder for YOU to vote. It's not harder for ME to vote. I know you "remember a time" but that was long ago. Over past six years or so laws have been passed that make people "unlike you and me" have a harder time voting.

Here is an article from 2018 showing polling places being closed in minority neighborhoods.....

Closed voting sites hit minority counties harder for busy midterm elections

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mpact-minority-voter-turnout/1774221002/

In 2020

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote

Guardian analysis finds that places where black and Latino population is growing by the largest numbers experienced the majority of closures and could benefit Republicans

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Texas counties can offer only one drop-off ballot location, federal appeals court rules, upholding Gov. Greg Abbott’s order

Civil rights groups and voting advocates had argued the restriction would disproportionately impact low-income voters, voters with disabilities, older voters and voters of color in Democratic counties.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/13/texas-election-ballot-drop-off/

Let me explain what that does. In counties with as many as 2.4 million voters and all urban areas, somehow hundreds of thousands and even millions of people only have one drop box location while rural counties with very low populations also have one drop box. Now how can anyone justify that?

You wish to look at "long ago I remember". But what has happened is that right people died for was made much easier. And now that is being reversed. We have options a lot of people don't. We have transportation and the means to drive an extra few miles if need be. It's no big deal to us. A lot of people don't have that choice. And the people in power in these red states know who those people are.

People like FATE just blow it off by making fun of it. They make fun of it because it doesn't effect them. And they look like fools making fun of the people who stand up for the people it does effect. To each their own.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2044556 11/20/23 11:59 AM
Legend
Legend
And all that mumbo-jumbo is for people that would rather exercise one of many choices and drive to a ballot drop off.

I suspect these are all people who can't afford stamps and whose cars run on fairy-dust, thus keeping within their tight budget allowance for voting and avoiding the outrageous 63¢ charge for a postage stamp. Meanwhile, early voting has been expanded and it is easier than ever to vote everywhere in America... For "you", "me", and "everyone".

Keep going, this is fun.

FATE #2044574 11/20/23 12:34 PM
Legend
Legend
Lol which prove pits point. It’s fun making fun of issues that effect minorities and the poor.

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
FATE #2044576 11/20/23 12:37 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw, it's so understanding of you to think that poor people keep living in the same place long term. You keep making up BS excuses why it's okay for red states to make voting harder. Thoughts and prayers.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Noooo, it's fun making fun of the people that scream bloody murder as if people are being asked to cross a desert (with no water, of course) to do something. When in reality, there are so many avenues to complete the task, that you have to try to be suppressed. You, me, everyone, regardless of wealth or social standing. The only valid excuse being making the case for somebody that can't afford a 63¢ stamp.

Maybe you and Pit can donate. I'll match your donations. Let's fix this injustice now!

PitDAWG #2044579 11/20/23 12:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Aw, it's so understanding of you to think that poor people keep living in the same place long term. You keep making up BS excuses why it's okay for red states to make voting harder. Thoughts and prayers.

You have to verify your address to buy stamps nowadays?

What in the world are you saying??

Please make sense of this latest angle, I want to feel the full fury of my privilege.

FATE #2044585 11/20/23 12:54 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I had no idea English was so hard for you. Red states are making it harder to vote and much of it is targeted towards poor minority neighborhoods. Closing polling places. Limiting drop boxes. Yet all you have in response is "Yeah, but it's still not hard to vote!" For some it's not that easy. And in all of that, it still doesn't change the fact they ARE making it harder. Yet somehow you think making fun of that is making a point. And yes, poor people who can't pay their rent get forced to move a lot. So they won't be getting their mail in ballots sent to them since their address has changed. They will actually have to re-register to vote.

You know, it's odd how you stood up for you being able to make a better living for your family. I supported you on that. But when it comes to others having the same opportunities to vote they had just a few years ago you make up excuses why they shouldn't. I guess when it's not about you things are suddenly different.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2044597 11/20/23 01:17 PM
Legend
Legend
Cool story.

It takes two minutes to get an absentee ballot online. And everyone in the country that wants one has a free gov't phone and free data. So I think we resolved this deep dilemma as well. thumbsup

Disclaimer: There is some typing involved and a total of 8-12 "clicks" after reaching the site. You may want to get a tall, cold glass of water before attempting this...

FREE absentee ballot for any state in two minutes or less!

[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

BTW, the strange infatuation with trying to make me out to be an evil person when you get tired of cold, hard facts makes you sound a bit desperate... just thought you'd want to know.

PitDAWG #2044599 11/20/23 01:21 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You can bet your ass if these restrictions affected white rural voter turn outs with outlandish lines, no refreshments in line, and 10% of random voters just found themselves removed from the voter rolls and forced to vote absentee SPECIAL ballot… then Fate and Peen would have issues with it. Because then it would effect their side of the aisle.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/23 01:22 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FATE #2044602 11/20/23 01:24 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you still refuse to admit that some red states have made it harder to vote since 2018 and especially in minority as well as high democrat voting areas. Par for the course. And that's a you problem. Cold hard facts are that they have. You acting like you can't comprehend that makes you look like something. If evil is your choice of wording then so be it.

So closing polling places doesn't make it harder to vote? Limiting it to one ballot drop off box for over 2.4 million people doesn't make voting harder? Of course those things do. And all you have in response is white noise.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
We both know they fully understand that over the past few years laws have been passed that makes voting harder for the other side. But then that would force them to admit something they seemingly never do. That some Republicans are just wrong. You can see it everywhere on here. Do they come to any threads to say Jan.6th was wrong? that those who are being convicted deserve it? Any comments about how trump plans to pardon them? Anything about Santos? MTG? Nope. Musks antisemitic post on X? Nope.

But they'll go balls to the wall to make excuses why it's okay to make voting harder for the other side. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2044611 11/20/23 01:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Awe...

and now the quintessential virtue signaling and cry-baby Trump goalposts.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
no refreshments in line

Seriously? Libtard snowflakes need refreshments now? What a bunch of pussies.

No Craps Given
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Voting rights

Link Copied to Clipboard