Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2044971 11/21/23 10:35 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
If we beat them we likely eliminate a WC threat to us because of that tiebreaker thing.

When I think of Denver I still have flashbacks to ‘88, the day I became a Browns fan even though Byner fumbled. Plus the AFC title game in January of 1990.

They don’t put up a lot of points but they’ve been winning. For us, it’s SSDW: same stuff, different week. Don’t turn the ball over, run the ball, be patient offensively as we dismantle their offence with our D, get great work from our STs. Lost in all the giddy thoughts about beating Pitt was that our PR had a couple of good returns.

Our punter and kicker have been great so they need to keep doing that.
Need to stretch the field a little, throw a deep ball once in a while just to make them think about the possibility.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
lampdogg #2044972 11/21/23 10:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Hate the Broncos..... they have looked pretty good the last few weeks.... I expect a really tough game... not sure if we can win, but hoping our defense is up to the task and DTR can find some magic...

<><

#gmstrong
lampdogg #2044974 11/21/23 11:32 PM
Legend
Legend
We've got to rotate the big boys on the DL....that altitude is no joke. I don't know when they're leaving, but I hope they get a few days to acclimate.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #2044976 11/22/23 12:02 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Mile high. The breathtaking views are literally breathtaking, but I’m sure we have a plan to handle it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
lampdogg #2045001 11/22/23 09:47 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Next two weeks are pretty serious potential post-high stumbling blocks. Going to be on coaching to make sure we get properly focused. We’ve historically not traveled west and done very well and I gather the team is (probably smartly) staying out west for the duration. I go skiing every couple years in CO and as Jf said, the altitude is no joke. I’m a very fit guy (for an old guy) and it always takes a few days at least to get your wind.

I saw some pundit compare them to the Steelers and it makes a lot of sense. They’re dominating on defense, hanging around and taking advantage of mistakes. They’ve beaten the packers, chiefs, bills and Vikings in the last 4, which is also no joke. They’ve forced 12 turnovers in those 4 games. Those 4 teams averaged 17 points in that span, with the chiefs only mustering 9. They’re just not the same team that started 1-5.

The offensive game plan will probably be pretty similar to the Steelers, emphasis on not turning the ball over, high percentage plays, get the ball out quick, short passes, try to wear down the middle of the defense with runs up the gut. Just super fundamental, patient ball. The ball is going to sail on DTR in the altitude so I would think a high degree of caution on airing it out. I hope they’re working heavily on timing his throws better, not throwing behind his receivers. A few close calls with that last week. Better accuracy on throws to the flat.

I’ll bet the Donks are expecting just about the same sort of thing so they’ll probably crowd the LOS and the box and it’ll be very tempting to try stuff down field. Just be careful, they’re feasting on mistakes right now.

This is another pretty big test game. We’re catching this team on a serious hot streak at home, an environment we don’t usually do well in, while they’re in do or die for wildcard mode. They have a lot of emotional momentum right now. It’s a call for adult ball: patience, fundamentals, possession, don’t make mistakes. Probably another low scoring affair. Much closer to a 50/50 toss up and probably even more of a statement than beating the Steelers last week at home. It would say a lot about our toughness and road worthiness to take this one.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
lampdogg #2045004 11/22/23 10:29 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I'm actually glad they won this past Sunday. I'm hopeing this means they are a little LESS desperate then they would be had they lost

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
1 member likes this: FATE
lampdogg #2045009 11/22/23 10:52 AM
Legend
Legend
I view them as a similar team to us offensively ... opportunistic, grind it out, field position, etc

Their secondary is very good. Don't like the idea of DTR throwing to many times in their stadium vs their defense.

We need our D to do their thing and keep it low scoring

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
lampdogg #2045010 11/22/23 10:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Come on Dawgs bring the wrecking crew to Denver. I predict another low scoring close game. Unless ski finds a crack in the secondary. Then look out. I’d love to go to this game but we’re headed to Vegas for the weekend. Enjoy the game all.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
lampdogg #2045015 11/22/23 11:21 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They have got to be helping DTR with the deep ball. The speed of the game is slowing him down. He will get better. The guy can throw! They just need to work it out with longer pass plays that are not high risk and I think he will produce better than we expect. The broncos are going to try the same game plan as steelers. KS will not stick to the same plan. He has to open things up and I think he will.

Joe Thomas #73
lampdogg #2045019 11/22/23 11:34 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This game is very winnable

The Browns D is Ranked number 1 over all, they rank number 1 in passing D and number 11 in rushing D

The Broncos sit at the bottom at 32 total all D, 24th in passing D and 32nd in rushing D

The two teams are close to Offensive rankings

The Browns are ranked 19th with 21 TD's while the Broncos are 23rd with 22 TD's

Browns rank 26th with passing with 8 TD's

Broncos rank 24th with 19 TD's

Browns rank 3rd rushing with 11 TD's

Bronco's Broncos 14th with 1 TD

Broncos lead the series 24 -7

The advantage for the Broncos is playing at home in Mile High and having a very experienced HC in Payton

The advantage for the Browns is the Defense, the D owns the catagories the Broncos struggle with.

This may be an opportunity for KS to open up the O a little bit

The run game should open up with the Broncos being dead last in rushing D

There may be opportunties for DTR to get a pass game going and hopefully get him in a groove to carry on a win into the following game

If the run game is succesful and the D plays to the normal greatness they have been

This could easily end up a 28 -17 win for the Browns

DeisleDawg #2045026 11/22/23 12:12 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The Broncos have always been a thorn in our side. We're 7-24 lifetime against them, we're playing at their place and they're playing well. The few times we beat them the games have been close. One thing that would help DTR more is our receivers would CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!!! I'm sure he would appreciate it and it could boost his confidence some.

lampdogg #2045030 11/22/23 12:41 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Offense needs to run early and often - the Vikings were running (Mattison and Chandler) on their DL pretty well last week. Turnovers (3) cost the Vikings last week. They should have won that game.

lampdogg #2045033 11/22/23 12:50 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I just think we are the better team top to bottom.

Should be a close win in a low scoring game.

The thing that hurt Minny that we need to be prepared for is Wilson is check down Charlie. He'll climb the pocket and just check it down to the flat repeatedly if you let him. I would make him scramble to the outside, clog the lane...I wouldn't have any help on their receivers, and I would make sure we are covering the flat.

We should also run all over this team. Running game and defense should be enough.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
lampdogg #2045034 11/22/23 12:53 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
4 game suspension on Kareem Jackson upheld

ESPN
Nov 21, 2023, 10:28 PM ET

The four-game suspension handed to Denver Broncos safety Kareem Jackson for his hit on Minnesota Vikings quarterback Joshua Dobbs was upheld Tuesday.

Hearing officer Derrick Brooks, jointly appointed by the NFL and NFL Players Association, declined to reduce the suspension after Jackson appealed the initial decision.

Jackson will miss games against the Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Los Angeles Chargers and Detroit Lions. He will be eligible to return in Week 16, a Christmas Eve home game against the New England Patriots.

Earlier this season, Jackson had a four-game suspension reduced to two games by Brooks on appeal. The Broncos' game Sunday night against the Vikings was Jackson's first in his return from that suspension.

Dobbs, who ended up fumbling, subsequently underwent a concussion check but was cleared to reenter the game.

A 14-year veteran in his fifth season with the Broncos, Jackson was notified of his suspension Monday morning by NFL vice president of football operations Jon Runyan. Runyan said in the letter, "on the play in question, you lowered your head and delivered a forceful blow to the shoulder and head/neck area of an opponent when you had time and space to avoid such contact. You could have made contact with your opponent within the rules, yet you chose not to.''

With the four-game suspension upheld, Jackson will forfeit $559,889 in salary. He forfeited $279,000 in salary from his previous two-game suspension. He also has been fined four times this season for unnecessary roughness for a total of $89,670 and has been ejected from two games.

Jackson said last week that he had talked to league officials to seek "clarity'' on tackling, including the plays for which he had been penalized. After his earlier suspension, Jackson's teammates were quick to defend him, especially safety Justin Simmons, who took exception to the league's letter to Jackson last month notifying him of the suspension as well as the narrative that Jackson is a dirty player based on the fines and ejections.

jfanent #2045036 11/22/23 12:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
We've got to rotate the big boys on the DL....that altitude is no joke. I don't know when they're leaving, but I hope they get a few days to acclimate.

The rule of thumb my uncle always tells everyone that comes visit him out there is to allow one day for every 1500 feet of elevation change, so we need to be there like... today or tomorrow.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

lampdogg #2045040 11/22/23 01:06 PM
Legend
Legend
Wins by the Browns, Chargers, and Bengals would make for a sweet weekend, indeed.

Browns is the Browns

lampdogg #2045043 11/22/23 01:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Go chargers!

Joe Thomas #73
lampdogg #2045045 11/22/23 01:38 PM
Legend
Legend
This is gonna be one of those games where each struggling offense has a chance to become explosive and gain momentum into the home stretch of the season.

I believe we have a better chance to have our offense clicking this game than the broncos. But I’m not gonna sleep on Russ and Payton. Right now both teams are flying high of recent stretches of wins, and this is a chance for us to beat another hot team this season.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #2045047 11/22/23 01:49 PM
Legend
Legend
This is a dangerous game. It doesn't worry as much as next week's Rams game, but it is still a team to not take lightly.

They have the dead last worst rushing defense in both TD's given up and YPC surrendered. Additionally, their defense doesn't get a lot of pressure or sacks.
Our offense will hopefully find it a bit easier to breathe and work and hopefully, our OLine can be a bit of a bully. We need to get our guys there early to get used to the altitude change, though, so we aren't sucking wind late in the game.

Offensively, they also have the fewest Rushing TDs in the league (just one), but they are averaging a decent 4.5/ypc and our defense has been susceptible to the occasional gashing in the run game.
Our Pass Defense can smother almost anything, but passing is their strength. Strength against strength, I'll take our D, but they'll have their work cut out.

I think the only reasonable thing is to come out and smack them like we're David and they're Goliath and just never let up.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Wins by the Browns, Chargers, and Bengals would make for a sweet weekend, indeed.

Fingers crossed. Staley's style of defense is historically where Lamar has struggled. If only Staley could run his defense the same way he did when he was actually a defensive coordinator...

As far as our game goes, I am very worried. Playing Denver during a hot streak in their own stadium with a lot of implications on the line. Wilson has also been an historical thorn in our side, along with Denver itself.

I would Pound. The. Rock.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
lampdogg #2045055 11/22/23 02:51 PM
Legend
Legend
wins by the Browns, Chargers, and Bengals would be a nice holiday weekend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
lampdogg #2045058 11/22/23 03:35 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I worry about the Browns taking Denver lightly, but I also worried about the Browns crapping the bed vs the Steelers after an emotional win vs the Ravens. I've decided to just let this team keep pleasantly surprising me.

This game is different in that it'll be a test of our offense's ability to take care of the ball. When we're playing a team like Denver (not a powerhouse but still have weapons), the way this Browns teams is going to lose is the offense handing the ball over to the other team on our half of the field.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I suppose I don't take the concern about the players taking this lightly as much as some do. The O has had it's struggles for obvious reasons and I don't feel that has anything to do with taking anyone lightly. If anything I would feel they are motivated to produce better after a 13 point scoring performance against the Steelers.

On D we have Schwatrz who is a pro's pro that always who always seems to have this D prepared. When you combine that with our D leaders on the field with players like Myles, Ward, Delpit and the emergence of JOK, I think they're all hungry for a playoff run.

So as it pertains to the teams motivation I don't question that part of things. Not saying it still won't be a tough game and hard fought.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2045068 11/22/23 04:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Me neither. It may be true if Denver had lost a few of these close games, but they haven't. Only two teams in the league have won the last four games... one lost a close Super Bowl nine months ago, the other stands in our way this Sunday. I'm sure the coaching staff has made that handy little stat clear. Tough battle? Probably. Trap game? No way.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
lampdogg #2045076 11/22/23 04:55 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Don't think the team is taking Denver lightly... they've got the longest win streak in the NFL...

It still has buzzsaw all over it. Their Defense the last month is the important part. i've watched enough of their games to know that their defense is no joke. They generate takeaways.

I will also say that their offense are figuring it out but if an average Vikings defense can make it difficult for them to score. Russ is not going to have much time to throw the ball. Dude's king of "just throwing it out there and see if a receiver will make a play"

The D can take advantage of it. Think Njoku will have a redemption game.

Gonna be another defensive battle methinks. Hopefully DTR will be a bit more confident in the pocket this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Denver is one of the 3 or 4 teams I really hate for obvious reasons. Our coaches won’t let the team take them lightly. It will be a very tough game. If we win i’ll get as much satisfaction as our wins in the last two games. Go Browns!!!!

Legend
Legend
The Browns are limited on offense.

However, the most telling stat that will make the difference in this game is; the Browns lead all of football in possessions.

That is because we lead all of football in three and outs. In fact we don't just lead all of football. Second place has half the possessions the Browns have had.

We will get more chances to score. We can run the ball. We are really good at Special Teams. DTR will improve each week.

We will do enough to outscore the Broncos.

lampdogg #2045094 11/22/23 07:25 PM
Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns CB Denzel Ward could miss games with a shoulder injury suffered in Sunday's 13-10 victory over the #Steelers; DBs banged up as Grant Delpit and Juan Thornhill sit out Wednesday's practice:

lampdogg #2045095 11/22/23 07:28 PM
Legend
Legend
without Ward, we'll be stressed against Sutton/Jeudy and then Krupp/Nacua

Dawgs4Life #2045098 11/22/23 09:00 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
without Ward, we'll be stressed against Sutton/Jeudy and then Krupp/Nacua

Looks like no Newsome either and neither one of our starting safties or starting middle linebacker. No matter how good our defense is qe can't expect them to hold the broncos under 20 points with 95% of our starting secondary out

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #2045099 11/22/23 09:11 PM
Legend
Legend
woah... holy crap. What the heck happened to us???

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
This is only describable as a Mass Casualty Drill

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

Browns is the Browns

lampdogg #2045101 11/22/23 09:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Six of them are non injury getting rest

They have played 6 pretty physical games since the bye

Rest as much as they can, being rested going into game time will be beneficial

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
woah... holy crap. What the heck happened to us???
Maybe some players got hurt in practice? I really don't know. Doesn't look good though

lampdogg #2045105 11/23/23 12:02 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not having Walker AND Ward hurts. I suspect most of the others will find their way onto the field Sunday. But that’s two primary defensive leaders. Wilson has been very solid the last 4 games: 7 Tds 0 Ints. He does have a fumble. Their D has produced 12 turnovers in that 4 games. I don’t see us taking this game at all lightly. Hell, we don’t have the offense to take anyone lightly. We have to hang on to the ball above all else.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I worry about the Browns taking Denver lightly, but I also worried about the Browns crapping the bed vs the Steelers after an emotional win vs the Ravens. I've decided to just let this team keep pleasantly surprising me.

This isn't like.any other Browns team since 99. This team is legit good with good coaching. I'm reading a lot of Battered Browns Fan Syndrome in here.

Injuries could be an equalizing factor, but I think we should be feeling confident. I've watched Denver. I'm not impressed. Should have lost to both the Bills and Vikings. Then no one would be talking about 4 game winning sreaks. Literally both teams beat themselves.

Browns are on a mission this year. I am concerned about the injuries. The defense needs to be intact. Otherwise, l like our chances.

bonefish #2045113 11/23/23 08:17 AM
Legend
Legend
Not that I care but I find it rather odd that not only are the Broncos favored but how many "analysts" are picking the Broncos.

The Broncos have given up 268 points third worse in all of football. Worst in the AFC. Miami scored 70 points on them.

The Browns have given up 180 points. In addition the Browns have scored 10 more points than the Broncos.

The Broncos have lost to the Raiders, Washington, Bears and Jets teams with really bad records. The Browns three losses have all been to teams with winning records.

I mean yes we are starting a rookie. However, The Browns have quality wins against some of the better teams. Bengals(with Burrow), Niners, Ravens, Steelers.

DTR now has a win under his belt. That is important. Confidence matters. He will improve.

The obvious factor in this game is the Browns defense. Teams have no idea what it is like to play this defense until they line up against them.

It sounds like Ward will be out. That hurts but Newsome can move to boundary corner and Ford can play slot.

I don't predict games or scores and I don't bet. I do think that if we can beat the Ravens on their field. We can beat the Broncos on their field.

bonefish #2045115 11/23/23 09:23 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Good points Bone but it’s hard for me to optimistic about my Browns. As far as the point spread I’m glad we’re not favored. I think the team plays better as an underdog. Oh and by the way Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 to you and your family!!

Legend
Legend
Enjoy this great holiday with your loved ones.

bonefish #2045122 11/23/23 10:58 AM
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by bonefish
Not that I care but I find it rather odd that not only are the Broncos favored but how many "analysts" are picking the Broncos.

The Broncos have given up 268 points third worse in all of football. Worst in the AFC. Miami scored 70 points on them.

The Browns have given up 180 points. In addition the Browns have scored 10 more points than the Broncos.

The Broncos have lost to the Raiders, Washington, Bears and Jets teams with really bad records. The Browns three losses have all been to teams with winning records.

I mean yes we are starting a rookie. However, The Browns have quality wins against some of the better teams. Bengals(with Burrow), Niners, Ravens, Steelers.

DTR now has a win under his belt. That is important. Confidence matters. He will improve.

The obvious factor in this game is the Browns defense. Teams have no idea what it is like to play this defense until they line up against them.

It sounds like Ward will be out. That hurts but Newsome can move to boundary corner and Ford can play slot.

I don't predict games or scores and I don't bet. I do think that if we can beat the Ravens on their field. We can beat the Broncos on their field.

Regarding the media, I think it will take a couple somewhat solid performances by DTR to get the media to take our offense seriously. They are a bit slow to react but when they do, they tend to go overboard. The media are big in "flavor of the month" players and teams. All it took was the 49ers losing 3 straight and Purdy suddenly became trash and yesterday's new and the 49ers were dead in the water.

Time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 12 Broncos 29 The Broncos

Link Copied to Clipboard