Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Well that was fast.

A really poor organization with a really poor owner.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Chris Tabor finally gettin' that chance!

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tepper is currently one of the top 3 richest owners in the NFL. It won't be long before he attempts to buy a championship much like the Browns. Just takes a little time to get the right pieces in place. It starts at the GM level, perhaps he has Dorsey on his to do list since I expect Fitterer to be bounced soon too.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well picking lightweight Bryce Young over CJ Stroud does not seem to have worked out.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
At 1-10 this isn't a surprise. Or at least it shouldn't be. I know the supporting cast in terms of their roster is a problem but let's face it, if it's the fault of those who are above the coach the coach is almost always the fall guy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kind of surprised this happened as everybody knew this team was in rebuild mode, you draft a small QB and don't give him much as far as weapons to work with and a very poor Offensive Line your not going to put up many points. The person who they should have fired is the GM because his last few drafts have been bad.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
M
Legend
Legend
M
David Tepper's reign of terror continues. He's been an absolute disaster as an owner.

Legend
Legend
They are a joke of a franchise ... never be good that way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
David Tepper's reign of terror continues. He's been an absolute disaster as an owner.

I get it that this our team board, yet it still amazes me how many people never hesitate to throw stones at other organizations when our team has constantly lived in a glass house. I don't disagree that Tepper's ownership has gotten off to a rocky start but throwing stones at the Panthers ownership after what we endured in the early going of Haslam's ownership is beyond bold.

As posted above:

[
Originally Posted by Rishuz
A really poor organization with a really poor owner.

Trepper bought the Panthers in May of 2018. He is now starting on his 7th HC:
2018 - HC, Rivera - record 7-9
2019 - HC, Rivera - record 5-11
2020 - HC, Rhule - record 5-11
2021 - HC, Ruhle - record 5-12
2022 - HC, Ruhle & Interim HC Wilks - record 7-10
2023 - HC, Reich - record 1-10
2023 - Interim HC, Tabor - record 0-0

Current totals - 30 wins 63 losses

Browns first 93 games:
after 10/25/2012
2012 - HC, Shurmur - record 4-5
2013 - HC, Chudzinski - record 4-12
2014 - HC, Pettine - record 7-9
2015 - HC, Pettine - record 3-13
2016 - HC, Jackson - record 1-15
2017 - HC, Jackson - record 0-16
2018 - HC, Jackson - record 1-2-1

First 93 game totals - 20 wins 72 losses 1 tie

Finishing 2018:
2018 HC, Jackson - record 1-3
2018 Interim HC, Williams - record 5-3

Though it's true the Carolina Panthers have some serious issues to address, Browns fans throwing stones at their house considering the record our owner started with is just precious.

Legend
Legend
averaging a new coach every year basically

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255
Trepper bought the Panthers in May of 2018. He is now starting on his 7th HC:
2018 - HC, Rivera - record 7-9
2019 - HC, Rivera - record 5-11
2020 - HC, Rhule - record 5-11
2021 - HC, Ruhle - record 5-12
2022 - HC, Ruhle & Interim HC Wilks - record 7-10
2023 - HC, Reich - record 1-10
2023 - Interim HC, Tabor - record 0-0

Okay, not being picky or anything

Just being unsure

So there's a list with

1-Rivera

2-Rhule

3-Wilks

4-Reich

5- Tabor

How is he starting on his 7th HC ?

I don't see a 6 or 7

Maybe I'm missing something smile

2nd String
2nd String
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sorry, you're correct - fat fingered it and didn't proofread - my bad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Corrected and the exact same number as the Browns had the first 93 games but with Carolina having a better record.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I get it that this our team board, yet it still amazes me how many people never hesitate to throw stones at other organizations when our team has constantly lived in a glass house. I don't disagree that Tepper's ownership has gotten off to a rocky start but throwing stones at the Panthers ownership after what we endured in the early going of Haslam's ownership is beyond bold.

Though it's true the Carolina Panthers have some serious issues to address, Browns fans throwing stones at their house considering the record our owner started with is just precious.

It's neither amazing, bold, nor precious. Every Browns fan is well aware of the disastrous tenure of the Haslam's stewardship prior to what appears to be a path of stability. It just does not need to be re-litigated to death, we all lived it.

It's a thread about the Panthers, after all.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nothing to be sorry for

Kind of thought maybe it was a typo

At my age things like this can be scary

LOL !! smile

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

It's neither amazing, bold, nor precious. Every Browns fan is well aware of the disastrous tenure of the Haslam's stewardship prior to what appears to be a path of stability. It just does not need to be re-litigated to death, we all lived it.

It's a thread about the Panthers, after all.

Of course, it's a post about the Panthers and I posted about the Panthers. I clearly stressed the Panthers have serious issues as does every other NFL team that is fighting a losing campaign at this time. However, if every Browns fan is aware of the disastrous tenure of the Haslam's stewardship at the beginning, it's narcissistic to be throwing stones at another franchise when our own backyard has been comparatively worse. As far as stability, after two consecutive losing seasons and the highest combined spend in the entire NFL over the last 3 seasons, I expected more than what my team, the Browns, have delivered and are facing these next 6 weeks.

The Panthers and about 18 other teams will be looking to build some stability in their franchise and return to a winning way that's prevalent every off season for those teams. I will stand by my comment of my fellow Browns fans being "precious" if they want to narcissistically call out another franchise when our team between November 27, 2003 and November 27, 2023 (20 years), the Cleveland Browns having the worst record in the NFL by a team, with a record of 109-212-1. I don't believe we, as Browns fans, have the right to be critical of any other franchise at this time. That's just my own humble opinion though.

Legend
Legend
Are you serious? It's not amazing, precious or narcissistic to point out another teams shortcomings if your team isn't doing well either. I'd much rather read that than someone slamming the Browns at every turn like you do. What's really "precious" is you not posting much here when we're winning, but jumping right in when something negative happens.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Hammer, Milk Man
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He's sore because he is really a Panthers fanatic - don't throw stones, please.

O
Legend
Legend
O
.... it's narcissistic to be throwing stones at another franchise when our own backyard has been comparatively worse.

Not narcissistic. Theraputic.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
What's really "precious" is you not posting much here when we're winning, but jumping right in when something negative happens.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

You know it's bad when he's referencing Cleveland! brownie

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

You know it's bad when he's referencing Cleveland! brownie
was it the reverse from Moore to Strong?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Are you serious? It's not amazing, precious or narcissistic to point out another teams shortcomings if your team isn't doing well either. I'd much rather read that than someone slamming the Browns at every turn like you do. What's really "precious" is you not posting much here when we're winning, but jumping right in when something negative happens.

Funny, so what you're saying is "well if we're bad it's open season on everyone else." Show me a post where I have said anything about the Browns last game against Denver. I'll wait. Unlike you, I'm a wait and see guy so I won't post much unless it's really outrageous. Do I have a negative feeling toward Stefanski? You betcha, and he's earned it. Do I think Berry has made some huge mistakes that should be "job altering," you betcha, and he's earned it.

I've watched a Super Bowl preseason contending team in 2021 finish with a losing record. I had the privilege of reading post after post about how it was the QB's fault. Stefanski blamed it on the QB. Berry blamed it on the QB. Now 2 years later, I get to read post after post about how wonderful Stefanski is with the way he's handled the QB issue after learning from his previous mistake in 2021. So, which was it - a QB issue or a coaching issue in 2021 that cost us a playoff appearance?

In 2022, with another Super Bowl preseason contending team, the Browns had their elite top 5 QB in hand but due to a suspension, the team lost all hope by playing a backup. Surprising though, that backup QB performed at a top 10 level. A top 10 QB benched in favor of our elite top 5 QB who together combined under Stefanski's leadership to lead our team to a last place finish in the AFC North. Stefanski had a top 10 QB, an elite top 5 QB, the number one RB in football, and the best OL overall in the NFL and it couldn't carry a below par defense?

In 2023, we supposedly have another preseason Super Bowl contending team. Excuse me for not being on the rah rah train or being to overly critical of the losses as of late. Stefanski will find a way to screw it up. Thank heavens the Browns have Schwartz - He's saved 7-games, hopefully he can carry the team to the playoffs because it won't be because of Stefanski.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Funny, so what you're saying is "well if we're bad it's open season on everyone else." Show me a post where I have said anything about the Browns last game against Denver. I'll wait. Unlike you, I'm a wait and see guy so I won't post much unless it's really outrageous. Do I have a negative feeling toward Stefanski? You betcha, and he's earned it. Do I think Berry has made some huge mistakes that should be "job altering," you betcha, and he's earned it.

I've watched a Super Bowl preseason contending team in 2021 finish with a losing record. I had the privilege of reading post after post about how it was the QB's fault. Stefanski blamed it on the QB. Berry blamed it on the QB. Now 2 years later, I get to read post after post about how wonderful Stefanski is with the way he's handled the QB issue after learning from his previous mistake in 2021. So, which was it - a QB issue or a coaching issue in 2021 that cost us a playoff appearance?

In 2022, with another Super Bowl preseason contending team, the Browns had their elite top 5 QB in hand but due to a suspension, the team lost all hope by playing a backup. Surprising though, that backup QB performed at a top 10 level. A top 10 QB benched in favor of our elite top 5 QB who together combined under Stefanski's leadership to lead our team to a last place finish in the AFC North. Stefanski had a top 10 QB, an elite top 5 QB, the number one RB in football, and the best OL overall in the NFL and it couldn't carry a below par defense?

In 2023, we supposedly have another preseason Super Bowl contending team. Excuse me for not being on the rah rah train or being to overly critical of the losses as of late. Stefanski will find a way to screw it up. Thank heavens the Browns have Schwartz - He's saved 7-games, hopefully he can carry the team to the playoffs because it won't be because of Stefanski.

In 2021 the fault of that team's failure is squarely on Baker Mayfield. He was more worried about keeping a murderer off death row and making commercials during the preseason than improving his own performance. Because of that he alienated his offensive weapons and drove Odell Beckham off the team. He lost the locker room and since has shown 2020 was his ceiling. He is a journeyman QB and will be just that the remainder of his career. Stefanski has done all he could do to get an elite QB. They even traded for a player they knew would be suspended because they knew he was better than Mayfield. Berry and Stefanski knew that Mayfield was never going to get this team to the Super bowl, so they made a move to get another QB. Going thru all that they did they felt it was better than what Mayfield could provide and 2022 the Browns went 7-10. Baker Mayfield 2-8. In 2023 The Browns are 7-4 with 3 different QB's. Baker Mayfield is 4-7 in a much weaker conference. Time has proven Berry and Stefanski right.  

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
What murderer was he trying to keep off of death row? I'm certainly glad other NFL players don't make commercials. I mean the gall of that guy!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Julius Jones

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
On a positive note for Reich, he will get paid almost 7 million a year for the next 3 or 4 years from both the Colts and Panthers. Not bad for 13 months of work!

Reich is a good OC. I hope, if he even wants to, he lands in a favorable environment at the pros or college level.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Julius Jones

Obviously if he hadn't of tried to save this mans life he would have been a great QB. He should have been studying the playbook instead.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Panthers Fire Frack Reich

Link Copied to Clipboard