Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2047727 12/06/23 10:47 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Nice win for the Cavs tonight. Orlando was 10-0 in their last 10 .... IIRC, and the Cavs jumped on them and never let up.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
really nice win. Cavs had a great first half

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Good first half, lousy second half. Blew a 23 point lead. Keep in mind Orlando was down 3 starters in the second half after Suggs went out. It actually wasn't that great a game.. we got ABUSED in the paint, Banchero had a career high in points and only made 1 three.. he made Allen, Mobley, Thompson and Wade his own personal cabana boys. Our three ball and mitchell/garland kept us in the game and helped seal it down the stretch..was an ugly win but we needed a win so lets keep the momentum, we should be getting healthier for the first time all season so I'm hoping before the deadline we've been able to see full strength for a decent stretch and see where we need to make some moves. JB is still the weak link by a country mile. When Magic made their run, our lineup was Mitchell, Wade, Niang, Thompson, and Okoro.. I mean I'm not sure you could come up with a worse lineup if you tried.. Where exactly is the scoring outside of mitchell coming from? On the defensive side they got manhandled. JB kept this line up for a 17 point swing and our lead went from 23 to 5 and then he brought people back. If this was a full strength magic team it would have been a loss. I think we have a few ingredients on this team, but we have a waffle house cook.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
This team is going to be a 10 seed max, and only because the rest behind are tanking. I think JB gets fired soon and Altman at the end of the year. He gambled on Mitchell and it blew up in his face. Should have traded Mobley and kept one of the picks and/or Lauri. This team is just not good and they seem to be getting worse. They were so much fun to watch this year because no one expected much, this year they are expected to make a run and they can’t handle it. They aren’t a fun watch anymore. It’s actually pretty painful

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
The Cavs just aren't very good. If you look at the standings it's hard to imagine overtaking any of the top 6 or 7.

I'll tell you this though...I would try to convince Mitchell to stay and move Garland and/or Mobley and build the team around Miitchell. Might be a long shot but thats the direction i woild go. Garland and Mobley have shown no growth or improvement in three years and their lack of physicality hurts.

And unfortunately I don't think JB has shown he can mold a young up and coming team into a real threat. What could this team do with a Carlisle or Thibodeau?

Milk, I don't have to travel to Cleveland for my meal, do I?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I've said that I wouldn't hesitate to move mobley or garland.. I don't like either as a building block. Mitchell is, but hes not going to stay with this team.. Strus and Niang were horrible acquisitions.. Altman has failed at building. Niang might be the most unathletic player I've ever seen.. The fact that he gets time over porter should cost JB his job. Okoro is a bust, Allen is not a good big man, he has zero offensive ability outside of a dunk. The whole team just ain't on par with a Boston.. I'm tired of watching his dumb rotations. I hope Gilbert does something soon.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
OK.

Imo, the first mistake was trading for Mitchell. Mobley has, imo, a very high floor and a very low ceiling. He is not and never will be close to Giannis. I get chastised on Discord for saying such heresy. His outside shooting is poor. That being said he is also very young. Garland was improving very well until the addition of Mitchell. Now, they played together for 59 games last year and things seemed fine. Apparently, either they weren’t or something is going on this year that hadn’t happened last year.

The lack of an outside game for Allen is even more obvious than Mobley’s lack.

Okoro is a bust, period.

Strus was not a bad pickup as he does shoot the three. Niang is JAG. Wade has not improved. CPJ shows some ability but it appears the Cavs have cornered the market on short guards.

The so-called young core really isn’t a core. Garland would be fine as a PG and Mobley as a conventional 4 but beyond that? There is confusion and the coaches and FO better correct things. At this point the best the Cavs are is another one-and-done.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Looks like the Cavs are trying to do the Browns thing. Just shake my head at the luck of Cleveland teams

Bird #2050419 12/19/23 12:05 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Bird
OK.

Imo, the first mistake was trading for Mitchell. Mobley has, imo, a very high floor and a very low ceiling. He is not and never will be close to Giannis. I get chastised on Discord for saying such heresy. His outside shooting is poor. That being said he is also very young. Garland was improving very well until the addition of Mitchell. Now, they played together for 59 games last year and things seemed fine. Apparently, either they weren’t or something is going on this year that hadn’t happened last year.

The lack of an outside game for Allen is even more obvious than Mobley’s lack.

Okoro is a bust, period.

Strus was not a bad pickup as he does shoot the three. Niang is JAG. Wade has not improved. CPJ shows some ability but it appears the Cavs have cornered the market on short guards.

The so-called young core really isn’t a core. Garland would be fine as a PG and Mobley as a conventional 4 but beyond that? There is confusion and the coaches and FO better correct things. At this point the best the Cavs are is another one-and-done.

Agree on Strus/mobley, Mobley just isn't that good, not as good as we need him to be for where we drafted him. Niang would have to get 10x better to be a JAG, he looks like when I was playing ball in school and the coaches tried to get in and run with us at scrimmage.. its painful to watch him out there. I don't agree on the Mitchell trade, it's a superstar league and we needed one, Mitchell is that guy. The problem was what we gave up/kept to get him.. I would have absolutely given up Garland and Mobley if I could have kept another 1st round pick and kept Lauri Markhanen. We would be so much farther in the process right now. The other stupid thing Altman did was bring back TT, the dude has never been good, was out of basketball last year because he sucked. There was alot more we could have done to bolster the bench. The bench is where we need the most help.. Jerome should be cut and get someone who can actually play, merrill can be that long range guy when you need to shoot your way back in, We don't even play Bates, so why did we even draft him if he can't help. Allen isnt a starting center on a championship team.. gone are the plodding, offensive limited 7 footers that clog the lane, you need Centers that have an offensive game. The only thing allen seems to be able to do is foul. The team is just got alot of issues, but whats funny is, when we are missing Garland/Mobley, we win most of the games. Garland is a decent PG, but he's not that dude. He's hurt too much, doesn't have a good floor game, and turns the ball over almost the same amount of assists. JB seems to be oblivious to whats going on the floor, so many times he should have challenged bad plays, when even his players are telling him to, Tonight there were 2 separate plays he should have challenged and would have won easily. I just don't get JB. His offense is live or die by the 3 and his defense is a weak 2-3 zone and double man switch strong side which is fine if you have the athletic bigs to help but we don't and what usually happens is they get wide open looks at the 3 or they get an easy pass behind the switch weakside.. But he never changes it.. its all about luck, if we are hitting shots like we were tonight it works, most nights though if the 3 ball isn't falling we struggle to generate anything because we don't have enough people that can create.. you have Mitchell, Garland and Lavert... thats it.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Cavs struggle to score at times in games and have no real identity on offense. Niang seems like a great guy and good teammate but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a more unathletic NBA player.

In some weird way I think the Cavs go on a run without Garland and Mobley, but it won’t change much in the end. This is a flawed team starting with the coaching then the lack of development of Mobley, then the lack of development of Garland. Until those things change, it’s a slightly above average team simply because of Mitchell.

L
Legend
Legend
L
without mitchell this is a 19 win team

leadtheway #2050523 12/20/23 12:56 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
What was our record when Mitchell was out earlier this season?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Sam Merrill raining threes all night. Nice win w/o the Big Three.

Hitting 23 threes makes for a good night. Levert had a good game as well. Team effort tonight.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I've been calling for Merrill all season, he should be getting all of Niangs minutes.. we have needed bench scoring all year. You have to think he's earned an extended look. Theres a rumor that we might be looking to get Markhanen back.. I would love that.. he'd immediately become our best big. Was a good game, when we are on offensively we can really pour in the points. Just needs to happen more often

leadtheway #2050934 12/22/23 05:55 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Merrill and Porter shoild be gdtting a lot more minutes.

Rishuz #2050957 12/22/23 08:44 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Merrill got hutt.

R
Legend
Legend
R
How about when Merrill is healthy he should be getting more minutes.

Rishuz #2051053 12/24/23 08:25 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Fun watch last night.

Porter is playing really good.

Something I've noticed about Strus...the guy does not shy away from anything. Puts his head down and plays hard all the time no matter the opponent. He is not intimidated. He was a good signing and can be a good piece when everything else is clicking. I've bagged on the signing previously because him and Niang are inefficient volume shooters but I'm coming around on Strus if for no other reason than I like his mental toughness.

L
Legend
Legend
L
my issue with strus is he's really bad on defense, but he is a streaky shooter and isn't afraid to shoot, I'm good with Strus for what he is, But Niang should never see the floor again. Not if it keeps guys like porter and Merrill from getting minutes.. I was very down on the Bates pick, its clear the cavs are too, but at some point we are going to have to see what we have right? he should be playing with the Charge to get some floor time and be developed. It def. might be a blessing in disguise if we keep winning without garland and mobley.. Seems when they are on the floor we force things through them and it might be hurting the team overall, what I don't understand is you have a jag like Jerome hurt since the first week and we haven't replaced him, its not like we're replacing mitchell. We need another ball handler. I think we have a few pieces but we have a bunch of pieces like Niang and TT that gum up the works and actually hurt the team when they are in. The ball moved very well last night. Better than I think I've seen it all year. Have we even had 5 games with everyone healthy.. crazy

leadtheway #2051950 12/28/23 02:35 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Gutsy win tonight. The Cavs had no business winning this one. Jarrett Allen had himself a game. Levert provided plenty of scoring off the bench. Total teal effort.

L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah that was a crazy win, and Niang almost blew it at the end with a chance to end it he missed both free throws, Allen did a great job on smothering Luka on the last possession. They didn't do much to slow him all game so that was big there and then strus got a piece of the final shot. one thing i'm noticing, Allen has come alive without mobley, mobley should be traded. don't need him

Milk Man #2053210 01/04/24 01:20 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Milk Man #2053211 01/04/24 01:39 PM
Legend
Legend
Good for you, Ricky. The time is right. This game has been rather cruel to you, unfair may be an understatement. Enjoy your family, time goes too fast to toil endlessly when things never seem to go your way... and the injuries keep piling up. A pro since age 14, always a fan favorite, and a hell of a teammate to everyone he's played with.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think we are seeing why Mobley needs to be traded.. Allen plays like an all-star when not having to get gummed up by a mediocre guy next to him.. we don't need mobley and we can maybe get something from some sucker that thinks he's still got ceiling. By same, Garland being out and the continued winning shows he isn't as vital as say another bench scorer like LeVert would be. Guys like Merrill, LeVert, and Porter Jr. all have taken steps forward since the two glass brothers have been out.

All Pro
All Pro
Thursday game is a matinee.... 11am pacific? 2pm eastern? I can't recall that on a non Christmas/MLK or weekend day.

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
captainphil #2053879 01/09/24 12:59 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by captainphil
Thursday game is a matinee.... 11am pacific? 2pm eastern? I can't recall that on a non Christmas/MLK or weekend day.

The game is being played in Paris. Showcasing potential Team USA players ahead of the Olympics in the Summer.

Milk Man #2053880 01/09/24 01:03 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Ahhh... thanks milque_man

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Jarrett Allen has really taken off with Mobley out. What are the chances we look to trade Mobley, he could draw good draft capital, or good players in return. Or is Mobley untouchable?

Frenchy #2053989 01/09/24 05:42 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Of the two, I would still lean toward keeping Mobley over Allen.

But it's concerning that Mobley just doesn't seem to improve. Two off seasons and no noticeable difference in play. I really think the coaching staff does not get the most out of the players.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Cavs holding on to a tight 40 point lead, toward the end of the 3nd, against the Bucks. laugh

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

The Bucks defense is atrocious. Cavs took full advantage. Cavs play the Bucks twice more before the end of the month.

L
Legend
Legend
L
this is a better team without garland and mobley. Not sure exactly what it is, but I think its because the offense can run properly without being gummed up ISO or forcing into mobley, we have the ability to spread the floor more and go for shooting over size and it seems to fit our personnel alot better

E
Legend
Legend
E
I will be at the game tonight.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #2056090 01/20/24 07:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Wearing Cavs colors? Root 'em! Hope it's tons of fun.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Nice Cavs win, on the road, against a quality opponent ...... and a 21 point win for the good guys. laugh

Legend
Legend
Seven in a row -- average margin 22. saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
I had a great time at the game. I had second row floor seats. Some pics/videos.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Well, apparently postimg no longer supports video uploads. Maybe tomorrow I will upload to youtube and share.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: RememberMuni
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum CAVS/NBA

Link Copied to Clipboard