Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2048682 12/10/23 06:05 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
- Phew, what a rollercoaster ... penalties, turnovers, injuries, great plays, bad plays, etc
- Flacco has really stabilized our offense .. I like mixing in a little DTR too
- Cooper had his worst day I can remember
- Hopkins continues to be a great move by AB

I hope the injuries don't keep piling up

We got some help with Houston and Indy losing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

6 members like this: Halfback32, PitDAWG, mac
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I like it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Another nail-biter. Flacco throws a catchable ball.
Our pass rush made Lawrence hurry, many times, but he hung in there. Good QB.

Do we ever win the coin flip?

Njoku with a great game, Loved the stiff arm on his second TD. We had trouble running the ball today but obviously we went pass-happy (props to pit). Tillman starting to be impactful, Elijah has stepped it up lately,

Gutsy play call on the 4th down play where Bell got his first TD. Etienne didn’t seem to be much of a factor, our run D bottled him up but he wasn’t used much after they fell behind.

Great win, back to loving Monday!

How about Hopkins with a clutch 55-yarder?

Harris didn’t seem to be an issue in pass blocking after Pocic went down. Man though, I hope we get some guys healthy.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
2nd String
2nd String
[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]

3 members like this: TTTDawg, EveDawg, RememberMuni
R
Legend
Legend
R
Imo, the Browns desperately need to make the playoffs this year for a number of reasons...culture, stability, resume/tenure/reputation of those in charge. Today was another step.

Browns turn the ball over a lot. And always deep in our own territory. And the defense can never just hold the other team to a FG in those situations; always concede the TD. If the Browns didn't turn the ball over today, the game probably ends 28-3ish.

Going to need more from Garrett down the stretch. He's the team's best player. Has to be a difference maker. Max Crosby now has more sacks than Garrett. Garrett has lost the DPOY in the last three weeks.

Terrible game management at the end of the first half. 3rd and 1, two timeouts, Jax with no timeouts, FG still in reach. You run the ball and if you don't get the first, you take it into the half. We pass incomplete and punt the ball back to Jax in the field of play where any number of things can happen.

Browns never cease to make it interesting. Absolutely despise the prevent defense.

Having said that, the refs inserted themselves into the game and tried to determine the outcome of the game with that call on Walker. Refs should never, EVER, determine the outcome of the game. And it wasn't even a penalty.

Glad to see Njoku have a big day. He's played poorly but he's one of the few leaders on the team.

Bears should be a win next week.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Think about all of the nail biters we've had .. we've all aged a decade

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

The last time we had a ton of nailbiters, 2020, and won most of the games, Bill Barnwell had an article how the Browns would have a failed 2021 season since we were due to regress to the mean. He was right and it made a lot of sense at the time.

The only thing I kind of disagree with is nearly every game in the NFL comes down to the end. Occasionally you get the 28-3 game (like we should have had today without the turnovers), but almost every game is a nailbiter. The good teams figure out how to win more than lose those. See Baltimore.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Great game by two great football teams. Trevor will win 2-3 Superbowls in his career.
Njoku has hall of fame potential. Dustin Hopkins is one of the best acquisitions in Browns history.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Great win, but that game went on too long between penalties and injuries
speaking of injuries, will we ever come out of a game unscathed? Just knew when the news came out that Delpit signed an extension that he'd get hurt
Flacco made some WTF passes today, and it seems any pass he attempts to the sideline just flies out of bounds, happy he did it with the ravens, not so happy now
On to the Bears next week, can't overlook them

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Very good win today!!! It really shouldn't have been that close. Too many TO's and the injuries ridiculous. We have to start taking better care of the ball. I expect Joe to throw a few he's still learning with the receivers it's the fumbles that have to stop. You won't go far in the playoffs, assuming you make them, with all these TO's!! Hope we get our OT's back too. Today was tough with those false start penalties!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/10/23 06:48 PM.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Good game today, against a good team. The Browns are playing without many starters, and are finding a way. That is good coaching. Those bashing Myles should rewatch the game. He was doubled constantly, and almost got to the QB many times. He actually was forcing early throws. The Dline showed up, and it was a difference maker. Cinci beat the Colts, but the Ravens pulled one out of their butt. The AFC is wide open, and our Browns are in the thick of it.

Can't take any team lightly from here on out. If Baltimore stumbles, we have a chance at the division.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Another routine win......NOT. These guys are like the Cardiac Kids......WOW, a weird game.....we win with two normal linemen playing- 4th QB, on and on.....weird season and game......but I'll take the W for sure. Joe Flaco, a gamer- Go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
Great win today! I enjoyed this game very much despite the stressful ending. Flacco gives me so much more confidence in our team. I feel like every game is winnable. We defeated a great team today!

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: jfanent
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Great game by two great football teams. Trevor will win 2-3 Superbowls in his career.
Njoku has hall of fame potential. Dustin Hopkins is one of the best acquisitions in Browns history.

Njoku had a great game...he's been in the league 7 years and has 2,900 yard...far from any hall of fame career.

2 members like this: Hammer, Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flacco really runs the offense smoothly, I wasn't on board with signing him but man was I wrong. As usual lol

L
Legend
Legend
L
I saw three or four plays where Myles was held, on one of them he would have been half-decapitated if he wasn’t so beastly.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
- Great job by Stefanski and the coaching staff today. The 3rd and 1 TD to Njoku on an obvious run down was a great play call. Big win today.

- Nice job adjusting back to play action after realizing Flacco not suited to run the bootleg well.

- Emerson had himself a game.

- Big Mo Hurst was hustling all over the field.

- Offensive has got stop turning the ball over, multiple times, no less.

- Congrats to David Bell on his first career TD

- Great day punting for Bjorquez. Get him his contract extension.

- Dustin Hopkins with another big time kick. He's having a Pro Bowl season.

- Joe Flacco with a 3TD and 300+ yard passing day. First Browns QB to throw for 300+ yards since Jacoby Brissett last year.

- Njoku had a monster first half. Surprisingly zero receptions in the second half.

Game balls: Joe Flacco and MJ Emerson

This win may have locked up the playoffs for the Browns. Remaining games are all very winnable. Browns will likely be favored in all of them. The Texans losing Tank Dell was a big loss for Stroud.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Forgot to mention Emerson .. that's a career type day

L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s amazing that this team is 8-5.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by lampdogg
It’s amazing that this team is 8-5.

Imagine if they had none of the injuries.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2 members like this: Clemdawg, lampdogg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

After the way he played today, there is no reason not to have him as the Starter.

That guy still puts a lot of Zip on the ball... Geez You gotta ask, why didn't someone else sign him during camp? Sure made the Chief look great today,,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M

5 members like this: Hammer, PitDAWG, Clemdawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
We’ve had four QBs win a game, Chubb went out early, our offensive tackles are like, getting us by, somehow, thanks Bill!

DBs going down all over the place. 6-1 at the pound , that helps.

QBs named Joe who’ve won a super bowl, besides our new QB: Namath, theismann and Montana.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Joe was the eventual starter when we signed him.

gmstrong

-----------------

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw three or four plays where Myles was held, on one of them he would have been half-decapitated if he wasn’t so beastly.
I saw that too and never got called. We are starting to get some respect cause at halftime the guys gave us props. Love seeing that finally.

Legend
Legend
Joe was the eventual starter when we signed him.

no doubt. I think they just wanted to see it in action and then some confirmation.
He'll probably still immediately revert to the practice squad, but they may go ahead and move him to the 53 this week... although, there's really no hurry to do so; we can still elevate him one more time. An injury to someone else putting them on IR might create the roster spot needed vs having to waive someone right now to do it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Congrats on a great win today. Wish my team would have had the sense to sign Flacco.

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Congrats on a great win today. Wish my team would have had the sense to sign Flacco.

#gmstrong
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Loved the way Flacco spread the ball around. I can’t tell if Ford just isn’t that good, if our line can’t run block or if we just don’t stick with the run long enough. Seems like Hudson draws a lot of penalties. Great win for us, especially since Lawrence ended up playing.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that locker room stuff is cool

Legend
Legend
In Flacco we trust?

Man….so that’s what a real QB looks like, huh?

I just hope we can survive and gets some guys healthy.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Joe and Tillman are starting to get their stuff together.Eli had another solid game.

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/10/23 09:39 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

The last time we had a ton of nailbiters, 2020, and won most of the games, Bill Barnwell had an article how the Browns would have a failed 2021 season since we were due to regress to the mean. He was right and it made a lot of sense at the time.

The only thing I kind of disagree with is nearly every game in the NFL comes down to the end. Occasionally you get the 28-3 game (like we should have had today without the turnovers), but almost every game is a nailbiter. The good teams figure out how to win more than lose those. See Baltimore.

It is different this year vs 2020. This year the team has overcome the most turnovers in the NFL. If this team could just play clean games we would be competing with the Rats for the division and not contending for a wildcard spot.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I’d take Flacco’s play over DWs to this point. Seriously. Joe has had two good games. We only got one good game from DW.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I’d take Flacco’s play over DWs to this point. Seriously. Joe has had two good games. We only got one good game from DW.

I can't say I disagree but that might not be a good way of looking at it..shrug

At any rate, I doubt Flacco is on the team next year, but you never know. I think this season shows you need 3 QB's on the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Doesn’t matter now, we are where we are. JF is our QB. DTR isn’t ready and maybe never will be, P.J. isn’t good, Watson is our guy in 2024 probably (we hope).

gmstrong

-----------------

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

At any rate, I doubt Flacco is on the team next year, but you never know. I think this season shows you need 3 QB's on the team.

I wasn’t saying that, I was talking games this year and going forward this season.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Or perhaps 4 quarterbacks.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
another thing I just thought about ... how good was Bojorquez today? That one punt alone changed the whole game

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 31 Jaguars 27 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard