Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
If

If

If

If

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
My feeling is every player goes in to the season with a 50/50 chance of being injured or completing the season in decent shape.

In other words, nobody knows and I don't think you can change those percentages.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Yeah but what about that other seven per cent?

Which might be 4 malcontents.

I think I read on the internet that the 7% were the players who earned their degrees online at Dewey Cheatum and Howe University. Berry found out he could hire them for much less and he needed to save money because of Watson's contract. There were also reports that Berry has a majority interest in D,C & H.

Well,,, that's what I heard.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
There are reasons/issues that have contributed to the Browns high injury rate and the Brown have failed to adequately address those issues for years. Below is an article that points out some of the reasons/issues that have contributed to the high injury rate.

Browns notes: Need for larger field house apparent after camp gets moved indoors

By Daryl Ruiter
92.3 The Fan
August 11, 2021 5:30 pm
link

BEREA, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – The Browns packed themselves like sardines into the Casey Coleman Field House Wednesday for practice due to inclement weather.

It wasn’t the first time, and unfortunately it won’t be the last. There are high schools in the state of Ohio with full size indoor facilities, but not the Browns.

The team’s indoor facility covers 70 yards of playing field but 20 yards of that are dedicated to the weight room because the actual weight room is still the auxiliary locker room to comply with COVID protocols.

That’s 90 players and just 50 yards of field to work with to run a 2-hour practice.

“We can get our work done in there,” head coach Kevin Stefanski said prior to practice. “It is going to be a lot of bodies. It is going to be hot and humid, but we can get our work done.”

To Stefanski’s credit, he offered no complaints about the situation and continues to make the most of less-than-ideal conditions.

“The good news is we are working red zone today and we are working goal line today so those are smaller area drills, if you will,” Stefanski said. “We have been in there before with the full team. We will space out as much as we can. The intensity ramps up when you are inside, there is shorter area and you are not running from one field to the other.”

While this is the second year the Browns have dealt with this, the current indoor facility just isn’t sufficient. What was once state of the art in the early 1990’s when it opened has now become obsolete and outgrown, even with a new field installed in 2020 along with a fresh coat of white paint.

The Haslam Sports Group, which owns and operates the Browns, has been acquiring property around the facility for future expansion and it stands to reason the field house is on their ‘to do’ list, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited by mac; 03/04/24 09:14 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Nope. Doesn't work.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, MemphisBrownie
P
Legend
Legend
P
And that indicates heads should roll among the S&C staff how again?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
WKYC article and comments concerning Browns NFLPA [color:#FF0000]survey.[/color]

Cleveland Browns score D- on 2024 NFLPA report card survey

Author: Chris Beeble
Published: 3:08 PM EST February 28, 2024
Updated: 3:08 PM EST February 28, 2024
link

The team received low marks from players in the categories of treatment of families, locker room, weight room and team travel.

CLEVELAND — The Jimmy Haslam era will reach to 12 years in October of this year.

For the better part of that first decade, the team toiled at the bottom of the NFL, all but cementing the team's spot as the league doormat and laughing stock. Since the arrival of GM Andrew Berry and HC Kevin Stefanski, the organization has made major strides in turning that perception around in a small time frame.

Fresh off of their clean sweep of 2023-24 regular season awards (head coach of the year, assistant coach of the year, defensive player of the year, comeback player of the year), today's release of the NFLPA team report cards show much is left to be done.

Players for each NFL team ranked their respective teams based on 11 categories ranging from how the team treats players' families to how they feel team ownership supports the players

Here is how the Browns scored in each category:

Treatment of families: D-
Food/Cafeteria: C+
Nutritionist/Dietician: C+
Locker room: D+
Training room: C+
Training staff: B-
Weight room: D
Strength coaches: B+
Team travel: D
Head coach: B-
Ownership: B

Here is how each category got to the grades earned above:

Treatment of families
The Browns are among 12 other teams that do not provide a family room at the stadium for the families of players, nor do they provide a daycare service.

Players listed two specific issues with how the team handled players' families on game day:

Teams required families to meet-up in an outdoor tent even during cold weather days
Early season access to family members after a player was carted to locker room with an injury was not allowed by the team

Food/Cafeteria
Based on ratings compared to all other teams, the Browns ranked 19th in both food taste and freshness.

Nutritionist/Dietician
82% of players reported feeling like they were able to get a personalized nutrition plan, which ranked 19th overall in the league.

Locker room
39% of players reported that the locker room is too small, ranking the team near the bottom of the league at 27th overall. 29% of players feel like they don't have enough room in their individual lockers, also ranking the team near the bottom at 26th overall.

Training room
The team ranked in the bottom half of the league based on player rankings of the training room in the following categories:

Number of full-time trainers
Number of full-time physical therapists
Hot tub space
Cold tub space

Training staff
Player ranked the availability of one-on-one treatment towards the bottom of the league (25th overall) while the team scored near the middle of the pack (18th overall) in terms of the players feeling that the training staff contributes to their success.

Weight room
It may be no coincidence that Kevin Stefanski announced the team's plans to build a new weight room for players in Berea after seeing the marks given to the team in this category.

Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
Follow
#Browns Kevin Stefanski announces the team will build a new weight room. Since 2020 it has been inside the already small field house.

Strength coaches
A majority of players felt like they had individualized plans and that the staff contributed to their success.

Team travel
Another area of improvement needed for the Browns as only 67% of players felt like they were comfortable or had enough personal space on team flights. The Browns are also one of only seven teams to require players to have a roommate on the night before games.

Head coach
This is the category that may leave most who observe the team from the outside looking in the most puzzled. Given the close-knit atmosphere that we observed with the team throughout their magical playoff run with QB Joe Flacco and Kevin Stefanski's Head Coach of the Year honors, one might assume he would score near the top of the list.

However only 70% of players say Stefanski is efficient with their time, which ranks 29th out of 32 head coaches. He also ranked 23rd out of 32 when it comes to the players feeling like he is willing to listen to the locker room.

Stefanski's overall ranking of B- would suggest that while there are gripes about his style as head coach from the player's perspective, none of those gripes appear to be a hinderance to his leadership or ability to lead.

Ownership
The NFLPA cites that players feel owner Jimmy Haslam is willing to invest and improve the team facilities.

To see the full report, visit the NFLPA's website HERE.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So heads should roll?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit...I'm not responsible for the survey results..nor am I responsible for the opinions expressed by those who took the survey...the Browns players.

You want to complain about the comments and concerns attributed to the Browns players, have at it..!

I do find it interesting that those most knowledgeable about the Browns Strength and Training Program seem to have some of the same concerns that I have with the program. It is an area that the franchise must improve upon if they ever hope to win a Super Bowl, imo.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, no they don't have the same concerns. Your statement from the start is that "heads should roll" as it pertained to those employed by the S&C department. None of the "concerns" you have listed say anything remotely close o that. As has been pointed out to you, which you have avoided like the plague, is that "93 percent of the players felt like they get an individualized plan and felt that the strength coaches significantly contribute to their success." Your attempted redirection to try and avoid what your assertions were from the very beginning aren't working.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: lampdogg
B
Legend
Legend
B
it says in the article:

The Haslam Sports Group, which owns and operates the Browns, has been acquiring property around the facility for future expansion and it stands to reason the field house is on their ‘to do’ list, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I am not sure what else you want them to do. They see the needs and are taking steps to deal with the need.

Do you want the Haslams to ask the county to step in and see if they can somehow invoke eminent domain laws in some way and take homes and other business property? I doubt they could. It usually has to involve using the land for the publics benefit, such as some road project that is needed or building park space. I don't think building a new field house would pass the criteria.

If the people in the homes adjacent to the complex don't want to sell, or are holding out for $2,000, 000, it isn't going to happen. The homes around there are nice enough, but they aren't super deluxe by any means. It looks to me like 2 homes are holding out when looking at google maps. Maybe you should go knock on their doors and tell them they are screwing things up and they need to sell at fair market price.

All of this adds to the push by the Haslams to find a place for a new browns stadium complex.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Treatment of families
The Browns are among 12 other teams that do not provide a family room at the stadium for the families of players, nor do they provide a daycare service.

OH THE HORROR It's a wonder we ever signed a free agent. I can't believe all players have not refused to ever be traded to Cleveland. I can't believe our draft picks didn't ignore us and sign with the CFL.

BTW how is your works daycare, and Family room at work working out for you?

Food/Cafeteria
Based on ratings compared to all other teams, the Browns ranked 19th in both food taste and freshness.

HOW DARE THEY You should march right into Berea and demand that each and every member of the Cleveland Browns organization have thier own wife/mother hired as their own person cook. I hear that one player even got three grains of salt to many of his mashed potatoes and another player was shorted one flake of pepper in his.

Now carry on with your poo flinging against the wall in hopes that one day one piece of it sticks. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

1 member likes this: jfanent
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I am not sure what else you want them to do. They see the needs and are taking steps to deal with the need.

peen...the need has been a need, for years, since 2021 according to the date of the article below (August 11, 2021). Not many articles have been written that address the lack of adequate space at the Browns training campus but it sure helps to get the input of the players via the NFLPA survey. As long as no one brings the subject up that might contribute to the lack of urgency to find a solution.

Browns notes: Need for larger field house apparent after camp gets moved indoors
link

If the issue comes down to 2 or 3 homeowners holding out, Haslam either has to pay them or come up with different solution.

There's a wooded area to the east behind a trucking business that might be an option. Looking at a google map..

link

the obvious solution appears to be to extend the field house to the North, which could add 50 yds of indoor playing surface and move the parking lot to the wooded area to the east.

Last edited by mac; 03/05/24 12:21 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac
 the obvious solution appears to be to extend the field house to the North, which could add 50 yds of indoor playing surface and move the parking lot to the wooded area to the east. 

I thought you said the obvious answer was that "heads should roll" in the strength and conditioning department?

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
GM...treatment of families and the quality of the food...if that's what trips your trigger, have at it... grin

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit..

Why Better Conditioned Athletes Have Fewer Injuries.. link

P
Legend
Legend
P
So is that an indication that even after 93% of players endorsed what the S&C staff were doing that heads should still roll? It seems as though the actual players who endorse the staff don't share your concerns about them.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit..use whatever grading scale or method that makes you "feel good".

As of today...the grading scale that I'm the most concerned about is number of players who will be available when training camp starts..

The Browns training staff has a lot of work to do this off season.

Cleveland
PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
Grant Delpit SAF Tue, Mar 5 Groin Questionable for the start of training camp
Jacob Phillips LB Tue, Mar 5 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp
Dawson Deaton C Tue, Mar 5 Knee - ACL Questionable for the start of training camp
Pierre Strong Jr. RB Tue, Mar 5 Back Questionable for the start of training camp
Cedric Tillman WR Tue, Mar 5 Concussion Questionable for the start of training camp
Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB Tue, Mar 5 Hip Questionable for the start of training camp
Drew Forbes OT Tue, Mar 5 Back Questionable for the start of training camp
Anthony Walker MLB Tue, Mar 5 Knee Questionable for the start of training camp
Maurice Hurst DT Tue, Mar 5 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp
Joel Bitonio OG Tue, Mar 5 Ankle Questionable for the start of training camp
Dustin Hopkins K Tue, Mar 5 Hamstring Questionable for the start of training camp
Dawand Jones OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp
Michael Woods II WR Mon, Feb 12 Achilles Questionable for the start of training camp
Deshaun Watson QB Mon, Feb 12 Shoulder Questionable for the start of training camp
Nick Chubb RB Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp
Jack Conklin OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp
Rodney McLeod FS Mon, Feb 12 Biceps Questionable for the start of training camp
Jakeem Grant WR Mon, Feb 12 Kneecap Questionable for the start of training camp
Jedrick Wills OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp
Kareem Hunt RB Wed, Jan 31 Groin Questionable for the start of training camp
link

P
Legend
Legend
P
Please try to address the question rather than deflecting. Do you still think "heads should roll" in the scouting department or not? While I'm not asking you to answer that question with a simple yes or no, an actual answer to that question would be nice. Because you started out with that and it has now evolved into everything but that. The only metric I have used is the players approval of how the S&C staff has done. I'm not throwing everything else and the kitchen sink into it. So simple question. Should heads roll in the S&D department or not?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac

peen...the need has been a need, for years, since 2021 according to the date of the article below (August 11, 2021). Not many articles have been written that address the lack of adequate space at the Browns training campus but it sure helps to get the input of the players via the NFLPA survey. As long as no one brings the subject up that might contribute to the lack of urgency to find a solution.

link

If the issue comes down to 2 or 3 homeowners holding out, Haslam either has to pay them or come up with different solution.

There's a wooded area to the east behind a trucking business that might be an option. Looking at a google map..

link

I looked at that land as well. It appears to be a drainage spot. Part shows as a pond. Seeing as that land isn't being used now, it probably is in a flood plain of some sort and isn't zoned for building. If it is built up for construct, you flood someone else. You can't build up a property you might want at the expense of flooding someone else.

Water has to have a place to drain and flow. Water finds it's place. It looks like it has, so you have to leave that alone. Water flow isn't just creeks and rivers.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac
pit..

Why Better Conditioned Athletes Have Fewer Injuries.. link

How do you know if the players were or were not better conditioned?

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I looked at that land as well. It appears to be a drainage spot. Part shows as a pond. Seeing as that land isn't being used now, it probably is in a flood plain of some sort and isn't zoned for building. If it is built up for construct, you flood someone else. You can't build up a property you might want at the expense of flooding someone else.

Water has to have a place to drain and flow. Water finds it's place. It looks like it has, so you have to leave that alone. Water flow isn't just creeks and rivers.

Concerning the wooded area to the east of the the current parking lot (north of the field house)...

...I see no evidence of a pond in this area and if the area is low, the solution is to install a "tile system" to drain any excess water into the cities drainage system. Proper drainage is part of the expected expansion project that will be required regardless of where the Haslam Group chooses to expand.

...Haslam Group would need an area comparable to the size to the current parking lot to the north of the field house. Keep in mind, we are talking about building a new parking lot..not constructing homes.

... tHG would need to seek the approval of local authorities regardless of where they choose to expand their current property...N,S,E or West.

The Haslam Group needs to make some decisions and invest in the needed upgrades, asap! The players have waited for 4yrs for the Browns brain-trust to solve the issue and upgrade their current facilities...it is time!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
scott...I suggest you do a search...type in "Do Better Conditioned Athletes Have Fewer Injuries".

I've related my own experiences and how I devised my own off season workout to avoid injuries..worked for me.

I've given examples of some of the NFLs greatest football players and how they devised their own workout routines so they could stay injury free.

Might be time to read some of the available material to learn as much as you can on the subject.

I do know this...if the Browns players continue to be injured at the current rate, the chances of the Browns winning a Super Bowl will remain nothing but a dream.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Do you still think "heads should roll" in the scouting department or not?

Pit..I believe you are confused...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac
Do you still think "heads should roll" in the scouting department or not?

Pit..I believe you are confused...

You have never answered this question and you refused to answer it again this time. I think you may have a great future as an escape artist.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
GM...treatment of families and the quality of the food...if that's what trips your trigger, have at it... grin

It goes to show just how stupid the article is you posted. No need to waste time on it. It reminds me of the surveys Gm and ford use to send out on new car sales. Every single car gets a full take of gad and somebody from the dealership calls every customer after they bought the car to make sure everything was ok
They don't ask those questions any more. Do you know why??? I will make it easy for you. Less than 70 percent of people surveyed said they got a full tank, or that anybody had contacted them. When the fact is 100 percent of peeple got a full tank, and were contacted by the dealership.

Last edited by GMdawg; 03/06/24 01:34 PM.

Legend
Legend
Now that we wasted everybody time. Lets get back to pure football.

So just what does a family room have to do with the Browns strength and conditioning. Department

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by GMdawg
So just what does a family room have to do with the Browns strength and conditioning. Department

It's a prime opportunity to troll, and a poster is making the most of said opportunity.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
scott...I suggest you do a search...type in "Do Better Conditioned Athletes Have Fewer Injuries".

I've related my own experiences and how I devised my own off season workout to avoid injuries..worked for me.

I've given examples of some of the NFLs greatest football players and how they devised their own workout routines so they could stay injury free.

Might be time to read some of the available material to learn as much as you can on the subject.

I do know this...if the Browns players continue to be injured at the current rate, the chances of the Browns winning a Super Bowl will remain nothing but a dream.

Let me spear you in the knee, and let's see how that goes. Maybe toss a 300 pound lineman at you while you're looking the other direction.

How has your conditioning held up to those things? I'm guessing that it hasn't had to.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac

Ok, will there be an exam afterwards? I failed the surprise Mac test last time and my parents grounded me for a week.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Originally Posted by mac

Ok, will there be an exam afterwards? I failed the surprise Mac test last time and my parents grounded me for a week.

YES THERE WILL BE A TEST! How else will DT know if you are learning anything? Smh, these lax standards around here are getting pretty damn old.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Concerning the wooded area to the east of the the current parking lot (north of the field house)...

...I see no evidence of a pond in this area and if the area is low, the solution is to install a "tile system" to drain any excess water into the cities drainage system. Proper drainage is part of the expected expansion project that will be required regardless of where the Haslam Group chooses to expand.

...Haslam Group would need an area comparable to the size to the current parking lot to the north of the field house. Keep in mind, we are talking about building a new parking lot..not constructing homes.

... tHG would need to seek the approval of local authorities regardless of where they choose to expand their current property...N,S,E or West.

The Haslam Group needs to make some decisions and invest in the needed upgrades, asap! The players have waited for 4yrs for the Browns brain-trust to solve the issue and upgrade their current facilities...it is time!

[Linked Image from cdn.memes.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Smh, these lax standards around here are getting pretty damn old.

So are the fallacies you keep creating. That and you're so unqualified to be giving lectures on S&C. So should heads in the S&C staff roll? It appears you've been given a very effective vaccine that keeps you protected from addressing that question.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Let me spear you in the knee, and let's see how that goes. Maybe toss a 300 pound lineman at you while you're looking the other direction.

How has your conditioning held up to those things? I'm guessing that it hasn't had to.

Bull...your opinion seems to be that the Browns just have BAD LUCK when it come to injuries...you absolutely have a right to your opinion.

But, I've never been one to rely on excuses for poor performances. There are factors and reasons that contribute to results and if we want to solve a problem or improve a situation we have to attempt to figure out WHY the current results are poor.

I played against the best competition from the area and it did include 300 pounders. Playing strong side outside LB at a time when it was legal to cut block and roll block and double team high/low...the rules were lax and anyone playing OLB was at risk of for a knee injury.

The level of competition is in no way comparable to the NFL but when I look at the records established by some of the greatest to ever play in the NFL and I read their accounts of how they stayed healthy during their careers...I can relate, noting my own personal experiences.

I view the Browns injury situation as the #1 obstacle standing in the way of a Browns Super Bowl victory. We have the talent..we have the coaching..it's time that weaknesses with in the support structure be addressed if the franchise goal is to produce a Super Bowl winner !

jmo..mac

Last edited by mac; 03/07/24 12:14 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac

Bull...your opinion seems to be that the Browns just have BAD LUCK when it come to injuries...you absolutely have a right to your opinion.

But, I've never been one to rely on excuses for poor performances. There are factors and reasons that contribute to results and if we want to solve a problem or improve a situation we have to attempt to figure out WHY the current results are poor.

I played against the best competition from the area and it did include 300 pounders. Playing strong side outside LB at a time when it was legal to cut block and roll block and double team high/low...the rules were lax and anyone playing OLB was at risk of for a knee injury.

The level of competition is in no way comparable to the NFL but when I look at the records established by some of the greatest to ever play in the NFL and I read their accounts of how they stayed healthy during their careers...I can relate, noting my own personal experiences.

I view the Browns injury situation as the #1 obstacle standing in the way of a Browns Super Bowl victory. We have the talent..we have the coaching..it's time that weaknesses with in the support structure be addressed if the franchise goal is to produce a Super Bowl winner !

jmo..mac

How was Nick Chubb having his knee exploded "poor performance?"

He's probably the best conditioned athlete we've had since the return. "Perfect" conditioning won't save you from some things.

Injuries are the biggest obstacle for every team in the NFL. Generally, the healthiest teams are the ones that are winning at the end of the season. Unfortunately, there is no magic recipe for staying healthy. You can do everything right in preparation and still get wrecked by a bad confluence of uncontrollable events.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
... edited to remove the long quote
He won't answer you. He's a clown. If more people put him on ignore, pointless threads like these wouldn't last in PF.

Originally Posted by mac

He's done this at least twice in this thread alone. How anyone can still stand to read any of his posts at this point is beyond me.

Last edited by oobernoober; 03/07/24 01:06 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah but he played football which makes him a S&C expert. Haven't you been paying attention? I mean not at the pro level and not in decades which was before they had sports science in football or anything, but still.

Josh Christovich

Assistant Strength and Conditioning/Sports Science

College: James Madison

Hometown: Woodbridge, Virginia

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Please, for the love of dog, lock up this stupid thread. I think I lost 10 points off my IQ just opening this thread. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
How was Nick Chubb having his knee exploded "poor performance?"

He's probably the best conditioned athlete we've had since the return. "Perfect" conditioning won't save you from some things.

Injuries are the biggest obstacle for every team in the NFL. Generally, the healthiest teams are the ones that are winning at the end of the season. Unfortunately, there is no magic recipe for staying healthy. You can do everything right in preparation and still get wrecked by a bad confluence of uncontrollable events.

bull...have I ever said the goal for the Browns should be or must be NO INJURIES..?

I've stressed that the Browns goal should be to improve upon their current high rate injury status so don't try to start down a road that is not part of this discussion. There will always be injuries but that does not mean Haslam and his boys should continue to kick the can down the road and not emphasize the need to improve their injury record.

I DO THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING that the healthiest teams seem to the teams that are winning at the end of the season...in other words, teams that do a better job of
fielding a healthy team seem to win more more Championships. I believe I read somewhere that 5 out of the last 6 Super Bowl winners were teams with fewer injuries.

This is why the Browns injury record is such a big deal...especially for those of us that would like to see the Browns win a Super Bowl in our lifetime. Those who don't give a damn about winning will ignore the fact that a team's injury rate can have a direct impact on a teams ability to win.

Obviously, DTers are making some progress concerning the subject of the Browns injury situation.

Last edited by mac; 03/07/24 02:07 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
From the very start you said "heads should roll." And you have not progressed in addressing that since then.

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Stength and Conditioning Department

Link Copied to Clipboard