Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Dawand Jones has a knee injury that will require surgery, out for the season, Stefanski says

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
James Hudson has been largely inadequate. We need to find another right tackle on the street somehow.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wonder when Wills will be back .. and if we can move Christian to RT

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
These injuries are getting ridiculous.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I wonder when Wills will be back .. and if we can move Christian to RT

I think he was put on IR in early November......

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Stefanski did indicate it was not a season-ending injury for Wills. Being on IR means Wills will first be eligible to return for the Dec. 10 home game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...serve-list-james-hudson-iii/71473420007/

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah I knew that Wills would be back, just wasn't sure when

O
Legend
Legend
O
Didn't his practice window open and he still wasn't out there?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
the only upside to losing Dawand is that as soon as he is moved to IR, we have the roster spot needed to move Flacco to the 53 for the remainder of the year. We don't actually need to do it until after next week, and I'm sure there'll be another player headed to IR this time next Monday, but we have the spot now.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well that really sucks.

I'd almost prefer Wills to come back in at RT since that was his natural position. Leave Christian at LT.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Pdawg
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is saddening news, as none of us want to see Hudson unless as an extra lineman....was really looking to have Wills and Jones out there for a playoff run. Jones was looking pretty nice for a rookie mid round pick to boot.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Compared to Hudson a chair would look better. Yikes we need an upgrade there STAT.

[Linked Image]
2nd String
2nd String
Have to REPLACE Hudson IMMEDIATELY!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
There goes the ability to run the ball. There is noone out there this late in the season that can help this team niw

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
On the practice squad we have Alex Leatherwood and Justin Murray.

Both have experience. Leatherwood if I remember was a Mike Mayock first round pick who never panned out.

Christian could go to RT if Wills returns.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I I can’t remember a contending team having this many key injuries. Maybe that’s cuz I only pay close attention to the Browns, but geez.......

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I I can’t remember a contending team having this many key injuries. Maybe that’s cuz I only pay close attention to the Browns, but geez.......

This team has truly impressed me this year.
They are 8-5 at the final turn, top AFC Wild Card seed... and they have never really looked pretty while getting here. But they have always been gritty.

#1's dropping like flies, and Elves just keep stepping up and finding a way. It's been fascinating to watch how this season has spun out, so far. Entertaining as h#, I can't lie.

Bottom line: it's December... and there is no active draft thread at Dawgtalkers. Remember those days? wink That should tell us all something about the change we've been seeing here.

After what I've seen from this team, and the recent 'shot in the arm' from #15, I wouldn't put anything past this bunch. Even without so many starters. This bunch just never quits. They never stop playing as hard as they can, even in a loss. If a team with this new, "never quit" culture gets hot at tournament season, they can surprise a lot of teams.

Not predicting, just saying.

I think I said it ~3/4 weeks ago that I found this to be one of the most interesting seasons I could remember. Since then, I've seen nothing to change my mind.
I don't fear watching the Cleveland Browns in December. In fact, I'm looking forward to all the games. These men are actually "playing for 1-0" every game... just like Coach preached to them, every day.

Culture, man. CLE needed to change its culture. It seems to be happening, right in front of us.

Imma follow this version of the Browns for as long as this year's ride lasts... and enthusiastically set myself up for next year, with healed-up Browns to start again.

I haven't had this much fun being a Browns fan since the Covid Playoff Year... and this year's bid seems somehow more- legitimate.

This team is a surprise every week.
If you're gonna be a fan of a team, you should choose one who keeps you hooked from Monday through Saturday.

Elves are Clem's pick for 2023.

jmho

*Edit: please pardon the hijack. Some nights, I just get on a roll....

Last edited by Clemdawg; 12/12/23 03:37 AM.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Hudson is much better run blocking, than he is in pass protection.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I haven't had this much fun being a Browns fan since the Covid Playoff Year... and this year's bid seems somehow more- legitimate.

Thinking back to when Chubb went down and seriously contemplating whether I was going to waste another season full of Sunday afternoons watching mediocre to poor football. Then came that defensive gem vs the Titans where they had to have 2 defenders spying Myles Garrett. After that we were thrashed by rats and I thought this is what the rest of the season was going to look like. THEN, we showed so much grit and determination for a full 4 qtrs to take out what was then the best team in the league in the 49ers followed by a similar performance vs the Colts. During this ride we've beaten the best teams in the league with our best players dropping like flies. Our coach has grown up this year and our players perform for him, and each other.

The defining moment of this season was in that victory in the rat's lair, when the entire team pushed Jerome Ford 12 yds for the first down and put us in range for the game winning field goal. This team wanted that win and wouldn't be denied, again against another team then considered the best in the league. Even llittle Elijah Moore was pushing that pile. Another very enjoyable moment was demoralizing the steelers to the point of firing their OC. They knew they had problems, but thought they'd keep winning. We sucked the life out of them.

We're still dropping like flies, but I'm also enjoying the crap out of this season. Has there ever been a team this successful while losing so many key players?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree ... Hudson is simply awful in pass pro (and he seems to have quite a bit of penalty yardage against him)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He absolutely one of our best player. Sucks

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
There's gotta be another guy out there that Callahan coached at some point that the original team gave up on after Callahan left, right? Like, with the Redskins?

Browns is the Browns

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
La'el Collins?

Legend
Legend
La'el Collins?

He's probably done, unfortunately.
Back injury last year as well as a torn ACL/MCL that had him start this year on PUP. I can't see anything that says he ever came off PUP before being released.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
6m
#Browns left tackle Jed Wills Jr. underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning and is out for the season, source says

Count Wills out now

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
6m
#Browns left tackle Jed Wills Jr. underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning and is out for the season, source says

Count Wills out now

This is horrible news...it keeps getting worse injury wise.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
There's gotta be another guy out there that Callahan coached at some point that the original team gave up on after Callahan left, right? Like, with the Redskins?

Callahan never coached him but how about Isaiah Prince?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Callahan never coached him but how about Isaiah Prince?

If he has the mobility to play the way Callahan wants, it sounds fantastic to me.

Browns is the Browns

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dawand Jones Out for Season

Link Copied to Clipboard