Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
You never cared about the poor before. I guess Peen railing against people getting food assistance didn't bother you. Oh that's right, he's one of yours.

Speaking of one of yours......

Fox News Hosts, Trump Adviser Grimly Admit the Economy is Doing Well Under Biden | Video

“I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession,” commentator Larry Kudlow concedes

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-hosts-economy-president-joe-biden-video/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Ive been caring about the poor. I keep posting that article about how 50% of the country cant afford their rent. And you libtards keep sweeping it under the rug.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why do you continue to lie? You've never said a word about all the social programs Republicans cut that help the poor. You've never said a word about republicans trying to repeal Obamacare that helps low income people get healthcare for their families. I've never heard you say a word about republicans trying to cut SS benefits for the elderly on fixed incomes. Only now when you can point the finger at the democrats do you say anything.

Let me explain this to you. Read it slowly if that will help you. The economy is getting better. In order to help the poor it first has to get better and continue to get better. Wages have to outpace inflation as they are now doing.

Charted: Workers win as wage growth outpaces inflation

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/05/wages-outpacing-inflation

Your problem seems to be that it's you who wish to sweep under the rug that the economy is getting better which is what it will actually take in order to make things better for the poor.

And maybe if high rent is your issue you should take that up with landlords that bought properties years ago at lower prices and low interest rates who still keep jacking the rent up like crazy. Or do you think there's some conspiracy where Biden is forcing them to do that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
50% of US sounds exaggerated. I guess if you’re counting children under 18 and pets.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
Why do you keep lying? Why arent you complaining about the massive amount of inflation the last three years? Why havent you called out the massive increase of the cost of groceries that the poor cant afford? Why havent you been complaining about the massive rent increases that are putting the poor underwater? Why do you keep lying about being for the poor, when clearly you are not? Why do you hate them so much?

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
50% of US sounds exaggerated. I guess if you’re counting children under 18 and pets.

I posted the article TWICE in this thread, go look for it.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Inflation over the past couple of years has been horrible. But it's getting much better and that's what upsets you now. You hate that it's getting better and refuse to admit it or to admit that's exactly what is needed to help the poor. Sad, just sad.

Why aren't you complaining that people who bought these rentals when they were cheaper and at low interest rates keep jacking the rent through the roof? Oh that's right, because you want to blame Biden for it.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Your hatred for the poor is showing. You cant even stick up for them. Your ego is more important. SHAME

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pinpointing the problem while all you're doing is screaming BIDEN! Sad that you never cared about the poor until now.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I havent mentioned Biden once. Thats your guilty conscience speaking. You are aware of your lies and how you keep sweeping the poor under a rug to prop that loser up.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I do understand that all you care about is pointing fingers and have never given a damn about the poor. You've been AWOL about the poor for years now. #fauxoutrage

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
That would not be true. For years I've blamed libtards for their policies that keep the poor poor and on the democrat plantation. But keep lying.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Inflation over the past couple of years has been horrible. But it's getting much better a.

First sentence: Yes.

Second sentence: Inflation - as in prices - is not going down. It's just not increasing as fast as it was.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Gas has gone down from over $4.00 in 2022 a gallon to around $3.00 a gallon now. But yes, what you are describing is deflation not inflation. Inflation has slowed.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
That would not be true. For years I've blamed libtards for their policies that keep the poor poor and on the democrat plantation. But keep lying.

I've blamed libtards for their policies that keep the poor poor and on the democrat plantation

rofl

You do realize that's actually supporting an end to the very programs that help the poor and having that boot strap mentality, right?

At this point you're hilarious and proving the very point I've been making.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

I've blamed libtards for their policies that keep the poor poor and on the democrat plantation

rofl

You do realize that's actually supporting an end to the very programs that help the poor and having that boot strap mentality, right?

At this point you're hilarious and proving the very point I've been making.

You dont even know what you are talking about. Youre just making ish up. I have been very vocal about the terrible school policies resulting in uneducated kids. As well as the crime leiency. And the drug centers for the homeless. None of those things are helping poor people.

You just keep making up lies.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
A country/economy that breaks people enough that large numbers of people all over the spectrum "need" "handouts" wouldn't seem to be a great collection of systems.

Large amount of GOPers wanting their handouts again. Pffft bleeding heart GOPers…..actually sounds like they’re half human now.

LOL...I don't want handouts. I just don't want to spend $200 or so a week on groceries for my wife and I when I see people using their government cheese cards to pay for food.

Maybe we should set up government cheese stores for people who use government cheese cards. That way those of us who actually spend our own money for things don't feel like we are getting rooked.

Maybe a thank-you from those in check out to the person behind with money in hand should be in order. After all, I am seeing it as I am contributing to buy their food.

I am glad to help, but a thank-you would be nice...no?

FYI, I spent about a third of my youth eating government cheese. Peanut butter too. The "milk" was not very good. WIC or whatever it is called is the same thing today, I don't know if I should thank you for your support, or curse your for your pompous arrogance, but rest assured that you haven't had to worry about me for the past 40+ years. Temporary system, no one likes it, but it is better than most alternatives. One thing for sure, it was a temporary need not a choice.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
A country/economy that breaks people enough that large numbers of people all over the spectrum "need" "handouts" wouldn't seem to be a great collection of systems.

Large amount of GOPers wanting their handouts again. Pffft bleeding heart GOPers…..actually sounds like they’re half human now.

LOL...I don't want handouts. I just don't want to spend $200 or so a week on groceries for my wife and I when I see people using their government cheese cards to pay for food.

Maybe we should set up government cheese stores for people who use government cheese cards. That way those of us who actually spend our own money for things don't feel like we are getting rooked.

Maybe a thank-you from those in check out to the person behind with money in hand should be in order. After all, I am seeing it as I am contributing to buy their food.

I am glad to help, but a thank-you would be nice...no?

Spoken like a silver spoon baby that never faced adversity alone and flat broke. My it must have been nice to grow up so perfect… ly white.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
"GOPers, GOPers, Trump, Trump, Trump!!"

Losers, even bigger losers, and the duped stupid extremist losers… Sounds like somebody is butt sore about his labels… finally time to change your labels? Or are you wallowing in self pity?

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
More hatred directed towards the poor. Not surprising.

Lots of hatred for the poor by libtards in this thread. Libtards want so desperately to crow about the economy when the poor cant afford their hyper inflated groceries and cant afford their rent. Yall trying so hard to sweep the poor under the rug like an inconvienent truth. SHAME

If you can’t afford the basics in this economy, you aren’t trying. Now pick up your pouty lip and rejoin reality where the good times are about to roll. When Biden re-elected and takes both houses of congress, we’’ll get a lot more broken things fixed. I think GOPers should request a wealth redistribution bill… I’m listening to all the clamor and it boils down to Trumpian’s are losing their wealth and influence… That sure sounds like a call for redistribution to me.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
And all the poor poor butt hurt GOPers crying that dems/libs/libtards/Biden/Biden’s economy/or da devil dems are diminishing them or who feel constantly under attack and belittled over their beliefs… Get better beliefs, bring real solutions to the table, get a grip on reality, use your bootstraps, and or anything else you need to do to get the Trump stench off of you. Then and only then, you might thrive again. Until he’s gone from GOPer politics, y’all will suffer and be shunned.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Lots of hatred for the poor by libtards in this thread. Libtards want so desperately to crow about the economy when the poor cant afford their hyper inflated groceries and cant afford their rent. Yall trying so hard to sweep the poor under the rug like an inconvienent truth. SHAME

If you can’t afford the basics in this economy, you aren’t trying. Now pick up your pouty lip and rejoin reality where the good times are about to roll. When Biden re-elected and takes both houses of congress, we’’ll get a lot more broken things fixed. I think GOPers should request a wealth redistribution bill… I’m listening to all the clamor and it boils down to Trumpian’s are losing their wealth and influence… That sure sounds like a call for redistribution to me.

So, youre saying the retired elderly who live on fixed incomes should go get jobs?

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
According to your ilk, at least up until now, they should have known that SS wasn't intended to be their entire income. As such they should have been better prepared and had IRA's or 401 k's to supplement their incomes. If not that's their fault. How quickly you have forgotten what you used to say.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Inflation over the past couple of years has been horrible. But it's getting much better and that's what upsets you now. You hate that it's getting better and refuse to admit it or to admit that's exactly what is needed to help the poor. Sad, just sad.

Why aren't you complaining that people who bought these rentals when they were cheaper and at low interest rates keep jacking the rent through the roof? Oh that's right, because you want to blame Biden for it.

Inflation "getting better" doesn't really do anything to offset past inflation. The likely reason it is "getting better" is so it can be used in the upcoming election. Post election it'll likely skyrocket again. That's not Biden-specific, it's most politicians. It's one of the problems with the way we measure our "economy." Higher prices for the same things make it look like the economy is "growing." Companies that spend less and charge more (while quality declines) are "good" for the "economy" (as it is generally measured and reported.)

As for the last part, I'm pretty sure Biden owns rental properties, including ones he charges the secret service to use, to protect him. (link ) Just saying (he's not the only politician to do so.) But, yes, all those charging excessive rent suck, too.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
So if they dont have 401Ks, they should go get jobs or die in the street? Wow, kind of you.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

So, youre saying the retired elderly who live on fixed incomes should go get jobs?

If they can’t afford the basics and are able. I know 80 year olds still working. And they enjoy it.

– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
Wow, all the libtards want the retired eldery to go get jobs or die in the street. All because you rather them suffer than admit the inflation is causing problems for the poor.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to your ilk, at least up until now, they should have known that SS wasn't intended to be their entire income. As such they should have been better prepared and had IRA's or 401 k's to supplement their incomes. If not that's their fault. How quickly you have forgotten what you used to say.

IRAs and 401ks are (can be) part of fixed incomes. No one claimed people should be living solely off social security other than your imaginary straw man rolleyes

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Yeah that’s what I said. Pffft notallthere

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Inflation "getting better" doesn't really do anything to offset past inflation.

When has it ever?

The likely reason it is "getting better" is so it can be used in the upcoming election. Post election it'll likely skyrocket again.

What indications do you have that's true? Actually tax cuts and deregulation for big business is more often promoted by the GOP and not the democrats. So I see no reason they would make an effort to stop increasing prices in an effort to bring down inflation under a democratic president in order to make him look good before an election.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

IRAs and 401ks are (can be) part of fixed incomes. No one claimed people should be living solely off social security other than your imaginary straw man rolleyes

rofl

You obviously haven't been following this topic over the years on this board. You must have missed how their argument was strung together. Here, allow me to present it to you again.....

they should have known that SS wasn't intended to be their entire income. As such they should have been better prepared and had IRA's or 401 k's to supplement their incomes. If not that's their fault

Since of course you either didn't know that or are purposefully ignoring that was their argument all along hopefully that will help clear things up for you.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Inflation "getting better" doesn't really do anything to offset past inflation.

When has it ever?

The likely reason it is "getting better" is so it can be used in the upcoming election. Post election it'll likely skyrocket again.

What indications do you have that's true? Actually tax cuts and deregulation for big business is more often promoted by the GOP and not the democrats. So I see no reason they would make an effort to stop increasing prices in an effort to bring down inflation under a democratic president in order to make him look good before an election.

Link: Political cycles' influence on inflation and unemployment

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that these statistical measurements have been determined by the same formula under both the trump and Biden administrations. So if the statistical data being used is slanted, it has been slanted in the same direction for both administrations. And I'm not quite sure an "An overview of all political elections in the Republic of Serbia since 2000" has to do with America.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish

And that’s why I laugh at these dudes. Even in a situation where “everybody” is hurting, they still can’t help but punch down.

Pathetic.

Well, my friend, it is a two way street on that account.

Maybe it isn't so much punching down as it is fighting back a bit. I won't apologize for making a few bucks on my life journey. I think that is what most people set out to do. Does anybody aspire to be poor or just scraping by?

When I say a thank-you would be nice, I don't really mean that at the check-out counter. It just chaps me that a growing number of people expect those as entitlements. They aren't entitlements. Those are handouts. Social Security is an entitlement because people pay in to the system over 40-50 years of their working life. One should expect a payout after decades of contributing to the system that promises a payout.

It's like purchasing an annuity. You pay X amount to the insurance company and depending on how early you buy the policy they promise to pay you X amount for life at whatever age is established when you purchase the policy.

I am just not going to feel guilty for other people's failings, bad luck, or whatever you want to call it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think anyone expects you to feel guilty. But expecting a thank you for your contribution to society? That sounds a little whack.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You can argue all day long about if Social Security is an entitlement or not. It actually quite a humorous search.

Examples

The Social Security benefit programs are “entitlement” programs. This means that workers, employers and the self-employed pay for the benefits with their Social Security taxes. The taxes that are collected are put into special trust funds.

or

Social security is not an entitlement program. It is a wholly self-funded program supported by the employee/employer payroll tax, interest earned on the trust fund balance, and taxes on the benefits.

or

Newsflash to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell(R-Ky.) - Social Security is not an entitlement. It is the insurance every working American has paid for. Sen. McConnell is wrong when he calls these programs entitlements and blames them for the rising deficit. It's the Republican tax agenda not Social Security that will add nearly $3 trillion to the deficit over the next decade – helping the super-rich buy private jets or giving heirs of the 5,500 wealthiest estates a $7 billion tax cut on their inheritance.

We can't even agree on the definition these days.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, a sportswriters opinion now matters to you?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
His opinion is more noteworthy than yours.

No Craps Given
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy again…

Link Copied to Clipboard