Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
Delpit isn't the only big loss for the #Browns defense. Per source, DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo has a pectoral injury that could end his season. Obo is second on the Browns with 4.5 sacks.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Delpit, Oko, Mo, Philips, McCleod... we're getting THIN.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I honestly think it would be easier at this point to put a list together of starters who are NOT out for the rest of the season. Might as well include the entire second string as well.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Anything we achieve now is gravy (and it might have already been)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
2nd String
2nd String
Obo is hurt too?????? We are done...

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
In all my life I have never seen anything like this. Now 5 starters in a week. Never have I seen this.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by slick
In all my life I have never seen anything like this. Now 5 starters in a week. Never have I seen this.

The crazy part is that a good chunk of these are kinda coming out of nowhere. We knew had an idea about Delpit, but Hurst and Obo?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Why do the Football Gods hate us?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by oobernoober

The crazy part is that a good chunk of these are kinda coming out of nowhere. We knew had an idea about Delpit, but Hurst and Obo?

Right! It doesn't make sense

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
goose cooked.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I give our team a lot of credit for continuing to play hard and fight, but the injuries might have overtaken us with this current wave

Legend
Legend
Given the life that Facco has brought in the door.

The one area of injury that really hurts is OT. I was hopeful that Wills would return and we would have Wills and Jones at OT.

Christian and Hudson are deep below average.

What I believe is KS will go back to the Baker playbook. That is 12 personnel, under center, play action. We will use a third TE at times. On some plays we will go OL jumbo and bring in an extra guard with a fullback.

We will use the rolling pocket and go back to a brand of WCO. Where the routes will be tied up to 3 and 5 step drops. That means get the ball out.

Flacco can run that offense. He has in the past. In fact play action is his game. He hides the ball well and is decisive when throwing. We saw some of that in the Jags game.

Scheme and assignment are strong points of a KS offense.

Really with the injuries at OT it is our best chance.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I still have not read or heard that orkoronko is for sure lost for the season

R
Legend
Legend
R
I've been surprised at how well Flacco sells play action. That's a real strength I'm not sure I've ever noticed before.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I still have not read or heard that orkoronko is for sure lost for the season
well, they said there's an outside shot he could play if we made it to mid January

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Same. I really expected him to struggle there, actually.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
How bad must Alex Leatherwood, a former first-rounder be, to not get promoted from the practice squad.

Legend
Legend
He may be bad still, I don’t know. I do know he has been injured as of last week.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just a note... it appears Ogbo has not been put on IR, so there's a chance that he heals up enough to return, perhaps for the playoffs. So, things may not be as dire as they feel.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Just a note... it appears Ogbo has not been put on IR, so there's a chance that he heals up enough to return, perhaps for the playoffs. So, things may not be as dire as they feel.

That's a nice possible positive.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah, I thought I read that Ogbo has a small chance to return if he can rehab a bit and avoid surgery

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Here’s hoping. He’s been our only other legit pass rusher.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It’s somewhat of a miracle that Ski has this team where it is right now.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season

Link Copied to Clipboard