Legend
OP Online
Legend

That is a long list

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
War and Peace is shorter lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Legend
Legend
If you want to make the list shorter just list the healthy players.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Psydeffect
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Need to win and get some players some much needed rest in week 18 vs Bengals. Would be nice to go into playoff game much healthier. What is nice is having the Thursday game and an extra 3 days of rest on top of week 18 resting players could be huge for the Browns heading into the playoffs.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
The way I look at it...if all those injuries were going to eventually come back and haunt us, it would have happened by now. We're busting thru every obstacle in our path. I see an injury now, it doesn't bother me much at all, I kind of chuckle it off.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
one good thing: if we win this week, we have A LOT of rest to the playoff game. Could get as full of a roster as possible

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wilson out. Who will be their qb? Oh he didn't play this week either. Trevor Siemian qb

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Yeah Siemian is experienced but not very good IIRC

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Getting Juan back at practice

+ finding out Obo may be able to come back in a few weeks could be great for the playoffs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
reports are that we would have Thornhill, Delpit, Ogbo and Walker for the playoffs

L
Legend
Legend
L
One thing about Jets, they have the second best pass defense in NFL and have not allowed a 300 yard passer.. we are going to have to find a way to run the ball. Luckily NYJ don't have any thing to play for and playing spoiler for us doesn't really do anything for them. We should still win without much of a struggle but I could see it being a trap game.. Good thing is we only need pitt to lose against seahawks if we do lose. I def. want to stay the 5 seed and get JAX that first round

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Sauce Gardner will be on Cooper, so I look for us to go to Moore/Njoku more

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Chief should have plenty of opportunities.

Would love to see the run game get going a little.

Worried about this game. Winning it would be the feel-good, fun-for-the-fans, home game win that the Browns cough up in humiliating fashion. I hope these guys keep their heads straight and we can shake the ghosts of Browns past.

Winning this in front of the fans on prime time would be so sweet.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
You really can’t even pay attention to that absurd injury report anymore. It’s ridiculous.

This season is such a crazy, amazing story - from the injuries, to Joe Cool, to other teams coming back to earth - it would be the stuff of legend to bring it all home.

Stefanski, even with all his faults, should be the front-runner in the Coach of the year sweepstakes if they clinch on TNF.

Legend
Legend
We couldn't ask for a better set up: Primetime game at home against a backup/backup QB to clinch the playoffs

And then we get a TON of time to rest and plan for Jacksonville (most likely)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
...... And then we get a TON of time to rest and plan for Jacksonville (most likely)

Unless the Ravens lose to the Dolphins on Sunday. In that scenario, the Browns will not rest anyone with a chance to win the division in week 18 should they beat the Bengals and the Steelers play spoiler, beating the Ravens.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by leadtheway
One thing about Jets, they have the second best pass defense in NFL and have not allowed a 300 yard passer.. we are going to have to find a way to run the ball. Luckily NYJ don't have any thing to play for and playing spoiler for us doesn't really do anything for them. We should still win without much of a struggle but I could see it being a trap game.. Good thing is we only need pitt to lose against seahawks if we do lose. I def. want to stay the 5 seed and get JAX that first round

Statistically, their defense - pass and run - is essentially the same as ours. They've given up about 20 yards per game more rushing than us (300 yds for the season), but that's the only significant difference.

If we can't get our run game going, this could get ugly for us, actually. Their offense being completely horrible is the one major thing we have going for us, all things considered.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The Jets usually give us trouble no matter what. We can't take them lightly and I don't think the coaches will.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly get what you're saying but with the current shape of the OL I don't see that as a realistic possibility. I understand that the running game would be the best possible solution to the combat the Jets strength with their passing D but I do believe that Stefanski has to create a more realistic game plan. I pose that they use the passing game in a manner that will be somewhat an extension of the running game.

Short outlet passes and quick slants. More of the bang, bang variety of the 5 to 10 yard types of passes.

I think we all can pretty much agree that those sweep runs to the outside haven't been the answer so I hope we don't see those. But with the RB's chip blocking and then going out for the quick strikes and our TE's doing the same I think we can circumvent the Jets OL all together and move the chains. I have no idea how well that will work but given the options I think that's the best option as it looks on paper.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think, essentially, we're just going to see Flacco, Amari, and Njoku come out and challenging their DBs. See if we can put them on their heels.

If we can get up a score quick, we can seal it away just like last week.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would love nothing more than to see that work out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It'll be interesting to watch Gardner vs Cooper ... the young, top rated CB vs the old vet route runner

O
Legend
Legend
O
I can think of no better game to get the Flacco-Moore connection going. They are going to be keying on on Njoku and now Amari.

As good as our D has been, they have room to grow in terms of timely turnovers. Contain their RB and their backup QB can certainly deliver (to us).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: AZBrown
Legend
Legend
What Flacco's experience brings is recognition of the defense.

If he sees a linebacker on Njoku. That is where the ball will go. If he sees single coverage on Cooper. He believes his guy will make the play.

If the defense rotates coverage to Cooper. He will find Moore.

In addition Flacco knows Hudson is weak against one on one in pass protection. He is aware of that. It will be a seed of thought on some plays. If they add a chip to help Hudson. He will also know.

What I am expecting in this game. Unleash the defense and set the tone early defensively.

Legend
Legend
Moore needs to have a big night if the reports of Cooper being 50/50 are true

L
Legend
Legend
L
Allen, Hurts, Mahommes, tua, stroud, mayfield, herbert... All QBs that Jets have played already and still haven't allowed 300 yards. So Flacco's recognition of defense and being able to overcome it are two different things. The saving grace is how bad their offense is., Hopefully we win the field position game and turnovers. Take advantage of short fields and let the defense keep the game under control. Now if flacco does become the first to go over 300.. just give him the CPOY award now.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
BREAKING NEWS
At about 6:45 this eve, NFL Network announced that Amari Cooper will not play v. NYJ.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has to be exhausted after the last game

It is hard for players to play a Thursday night game and have their bodies feeling okay

Maybe this is a good thing

Step up Tilman !

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Yup.
Next man up- just like every week this year.

Someone needs to get a jersey for "Injury," since he's lived in the Browns locker room all season...

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
yeah it might be more of exhaustion too

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
He has to be exhausted after the last game

It is hard for players to play a Thursday night game and have their bodies feeling okay

Maybe this is a good thing

Step up Tilman !
This could be his breakout. You can see Joe trying to get that going.

O
Legend
Legend
O
365 yard first half! Flacco with 296 passing yards… CRAZY.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Jets 20 Injury Report for NY Jets

Link Copied to Clipboard