Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Beyond obvious performers, I thought Harmon played well since he has been here. How do we keep coming up with these guys? What is he, the 7th or 8th safety who has played a lot for us this year?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Beyond obvious performers, I thought Harmon played well since he has been here. How do we keep coming up with these guys? What is he, the 7th or 8th safety who has played a lot for us this year?

The safety group is really deep. Bunch of young guys that can play.

I think corner is deep too. Berry has done a magical job.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

Stunning really.

IMO Kevin is one of the best in the game at creating offense. He was outstanding last night.

Haven't watched the complete game - but it's hard to disagree.

Whether it's finding the right QB for his system. Whether it was simply bad play and execution by other QB's - I don't know. But based on what we are seeing I'd have to eat some crow and say I was dead wrong about KS. There's a part of me that needs to see this week in and week out for a larger sampling .... but hot damn. Think it was doglover who said it earlier .... no team in the NFL is going to want to face the Browns once it's playoff time - no matter what. (I'm still not going to jinx us with talk of going beyond the first weekend of the playoffs ... fingerscrossed)

Last edited by mgh888; 12/29/23 10:06 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
I've been a Takitaki hater. I still like both Walker and JOK over him, but his speed has seemingly increased (after injury oddly enough) and has been a big asset to the depth of this team. I think we might loose him in FA as a result of his performance, but I hope we can keep him.

Takitaki, will take the injury prone, Walker's, job next year.

I doubt it. If they feel Walker is too injury prone, I'd guess they replace him with someone new, not Takitaki.

I find gambling/betting deplorable, but I'll allow you to wine and dine me at The Standard (I may or may not opt for the Kaluga caviar) if Takitaki is not re-signed. I'd suggest dinner at the Shoreby Club but we do not need to have a Koby Altman situation on our hands. tongue

A bet regarding Takitaki can only go as high as Scotti's or Muldoon's if we're sticking to that part of town.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
Hell we have all been wrong before. Great that you can step up and admit it.

I am sitting in the suburbs of Atlanta this morning.

My heart is in Cleveland. I want to scream from the top of Terminal Tower. "Go Browns"

I am happy for the city, the fans, and the Browns organization. This was no easy task to get where we are. Lots of people deserve credit.

I am sure there is not a person in the metro Cleveland area that is not walking around with a bounce in their step today.

Legend
Legend
Geez, that was fun to watch...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
All Pro
All Pro
Rockin around the Christmas tree!

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
Legend
Legend
IMO Stefanski has to be COY. Just look at the moving parts, MAJOR injuries, and how we've endured and evolved

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
IMO Stefanski has to be COY. Just look at the moving parts, MAJOR injuries, and how we've endured and evolved

Not to mention the Flacco deal. That was clutch. And so is Flacco.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
This time is different. The last time the Browns made the playoffs they backed in. Most felt like they were lucky to have made it. In some ways with all of the injuries people who have not been following this team feel like they're lucky this time with all of the injuries. But that's not the case. Adversity came hard and fast. But somehow this group remained strong and focused. I always thought the term "next man up" was nothing more than motivational gibberish that at some point simply would no longer work. That you may get away with that to a point, but there's a threshold that once you passed it was just a saying with little to no meaning. This season has proven me wrong about that.

I have no idea how far this team can go. After all I've seen thus far I refuse to put limitations on that. They have truly proven to me with their grit and determination that anything is possible.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2 members like this: EveDawg, ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A couple of thoughts.

Really impressive game plan without Cooper. But after Moore went down there was an obvious drop off in skills.

Flacco was cheesed about Tillman running the wrong route on the missed TD. Good to see that Flacco is taking the lead.

A bit surprisingly, the past couple of wins have been relatively easy victories. Not as much drama.

Njoku had a great game and has been a different player since Flacco arrived. Finally he is playing to his potential.

The Flacco interview after the game gave a lot of insight as to why the Browns are doing so well. Flacco had a lot of praise for KS, and they are making it work..

Loved the 50 yard TD pass and run to Ford.

There was that comment by the Jets coach Saleem about Flacco being an F-150 in wintertime. Some tried to spin it negatively, by I think he is right. In the summertime the flashy mobile QB's are everyone's darling, but now that the weather has turned, the guy with the big arm and an ability to read the defense has value as well.

If you think about it, the big armed QB's have an advantage when weather is a factor, and normally they are with the other team. Not this year. Not this time.

10 days off to heal up and get ready for Cincy. Baltimore/Miami will probably set the tone for that one.

PLAYOFFS!!!! Never anticipated that would have happened this year.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Both Cooper and Njoku have shined with Flacco at the helm. It's amazing how good your skill players look when you have a QB who can utilize their strengths and delivers the ball to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Exactly my thoughts.

Cooper cannot play and we go with all tight ends and the run game.

KS adapted.

Njoku has always played hard and became a great blocker. Now he has the confidence in the quarterbacks and they have confidence in him.

He is getting the targets that he did not get before.

Joe knows how to feed David. He gives him catchable balls and they are mostly well placed.

Joe reads the defense. If David is in coverage with a linebacker. David gets the ball.

If Cooper draws single coverage that is where the ball goes.

Joe has changed the team from "let's just get decent qb play and we will win with defense."

To "we can score from anywhere on the field." Opposing teams have to defend every blade of grass.

This is a damn good team on a roll with players who will return when we need them most.

Legend
Legend
yeah, the drop-off in our WRs after Cooper/Moore is drastic. IMO, drafting a WR is a big need

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Glad Garrett got it back going.

Flacco….damn imma have to get homeboys jersey now. Guys I’m so happy I don’t even know what to say!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A very useless comment,

I found it a little funny that AB signed another left-handed punter to use this game since Cory B was out. Haack got a thumbs up from me with his three punts.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I tend to agree, but he just won it a few years ago. I get the feeling the league likes to spread that around, like it or not. I could say Demeco Ryans has done a great job, and even more so, Dan Campbell in Detroit has made a huge difference.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
yeah, the drop-off in our WRs after Cooper/Moore is drastic. IMO, drafting a WR is a big need

I don't know Dawg. Unless you are in position to draft one in the top 15, it become hit or miss at that position. You end up with 6th rounders being better than late 1st rounders.

We got Cooper for a 5th rounder I believe. I think i would rather just keep signing a proven vet and talking shot at receiver in the 3rd to 6th round.

After the really elite guys, who we won't get a chance to draft, they are all about the same.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, the Lions just won their first division title in 30 years. I strongly feel that Stefanski deserves the award but I feel you may be right about this. Considering all the injuries at key positions, no HC in the NFL has done more with less than Stefanski this season. Deserving COY and winning it may very well be two different things.

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Congrats on the win and making the playoffs! Interesting stat - first time the Browns will have had a better season record than the Steelers in 30 years. Happy 2024 to all!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thats a fair point. I have read that this year's WR class is loaded, so I hope that's the case

Legend
Legend
Thanks!! Happy New Year

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by sk8termom
Congrats on the win and making the playoffs! Interesting stat - first time the Browns will have had a better season record than the Steelers in 30 years. Happy 2024 to all!

1-10-21 AFC Wild Card game

The 12-4 Steelers 37

The 11-5 Browns 48

Makes up for those 30 years smile

Legend
Legend
I know the COY is determined by the Associated Press but I don't know what criterion they use to decide.

One would imagine the record of course. But if a team is the favorite to win and ends with a good record?

And another team has a good record and achieved it with less maybe that carries some weight.

Ryans with the Texans has certainly achieved a lot. Detroit didn't make the playoffs last year but most expected them to win their division. Mike McDaniel IMO has done a great job.

Baltimore has a great record and they were not the favorites.

Right now Kevin has become the favorite.
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/coach-year-odds/

Listening to all the media from Florio, Simms, Peter King, Orlovsky and others they are singing about KS.

I am prejudiced but what has been done this year by KS is really unprecedented. Over 26% of salary cap is on the IR. Fourth quarterback, Nick, the OL, defensive starters etc. That just does not happen. The Bengals were the favorites to win the North. The Jets were being hyped as a Super Bowl team. The Jags four weeks ago were the number one seed.

I would not predict it because I don't much about the Associated Press. Right now I think that the pressure is on them to select Kevin.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Both Cooper and Njoku have shined with Flacco at the helm. It's amazing how good your skill players look when you have a QB who can utilize their strengths and delivers the ball to them.

Bingo. That seems so obvious to me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by sk8termom

1-10-21 AFC Wild Card game

The 12-4 Steelers 37

The 11-5 Browns 48

Makes up for those 30 years smile

how very true... congrats again!

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That win last night was awesome. We have a week and a half to savor the win. Hopefully by Jan. 7th we can get some of our injured players back and heal up. I'm very much enjoying this!!!! AS a Browns fan it's a very unprecedented and surreal feeling LOL!!!!!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/29/23 08:27 PM.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
What a game. This team has all the makings of a champion, but a lot of it is on injured reserve. Flacco's touch and ball placement has shown to be a major factor. I think his tendency to throw long opened up the running game a little. If Baltimore wins, I would rest anybody who has any nagging injury. Try to get everybody back to the best health the can get at this time of the season. If Baltimore loses, all bets are off. You go into the final week with a chance at the division. It is the price you will have to pay. The #1 seed gets the bye, giving them a couple weeks to recover, but also removes one game that has to be played to make the superbowl.

As much as I want to get my hopes up, it is hard looking at all the injuries. Losing Cooper and Moore shut down the passing game pretty much. If you can't pass, it will get even harder to run.

I liked to add, that above a poster was talking about Hickman, and made the absurd claim that Thornhill was JJII. I have watched Thornhill all year, and the dude is a stud. He was making plays all over the field. Both are good, but Thornhill has been there and is a premium player. Having a guy like Hickman as depth is awesome, and being a UDFA, will be a cheap replacement for Thornhill in the future.

The guy that impressed me was Bell. He is playing at a high level. He is not Delpit, but just like Hickman, he is a quality back up with starting potential. Our depth is getting really good, and battle tested.

No matter what happens Sunday, the Browns are in the playoffs, and I am jacked.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2 members like this: lampdogg, Homewood Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Bingo. That seems so obvious to me.

And I think Ski performs better with the Flacco type QB. That alone is worrisome. Because other than Joe, none of are QBs are pure pocket passers.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There appears to be a drop off when Ward is out. Not so much with Delpit. They are quality backups.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I'll echo the sentiments that what a difference a PRO QB makes for our other offensive guys. Suddenly the OT's don't seem as bad, Njoku and Cooper are shining, Moore's numbers improve, etc.

Legend
Legend
Schwartz is a straight laced coach not given to hyperbole.

He said Ward is the best corner he has coached.

When you watch Ward you don't see receivers separate from him by much. He can match step with anybody. He also has great technique.

When he is not playing it is noticeable.

Legend
Legend
I think Flacco wrapped up comeback player of the year.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Too bad Joe Flacco wasn't 28. I do believe that if DW can come back healthy and stay healthy we'll be able to win with him. He has a strong enough arm, maybe not as strong as JF, and he can make plays with his legs. JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/30/23 10:01 AM.
Legend
Legend
DW is now on the sideline watching. What he is seeing is Flacco playing within structure. The offense is the Gary Kubiak offense.

When the DW was the starter the offense was different. The plays were tailored to fit what DW does best.

Next year DW as the starter should be looking to play more in structure but retain the things that work well for him.

The offensive concepts that should remain are to identify the coverage pre-snap. Post snap movement may change but coverage dictates where the ball should be thrown.

I am hoping that DW sees how he can become more efficient with the ball.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Last edited by mgh888; 12/30/23 01:08 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe DW is learning a few things watching Joe. With his injury history DW shouldn't be running as much as he used to so learning how to be more of a pocket passer would be in his best interests and the Browns too!!!! We need him back healthy next season and stay that way.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
They are two totally different styles of QB. Expecting one to turn into the other one or vice versa is not going to happen.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree one guy cannot become another.

However, DW can learn from what we all are seeing. So can Kevin. The process should be collaborative.

During training camp and even before KS made it clear the offense would run through what works best for DW. Get him into a playbook using plays he is most comfortable with.

The process should be evolving. And DW must adapt to aging as all athletes do.

Now an injury has occurred to his throwing shoulder. Even though a full recovery is expected. DW knows he must protect himself.

I am not expecting drastic changes. Maybe more awareness to what can work and how to better play within structure.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Jets 20 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard