Next Thread
Print Thread
#2053107 01/03/24 12:39 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Browns vs Bengals in green. Game is on CBS. Tom McCarthy, James Lofton and Jay Feely on the call.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=18

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ooberville is right in the Cincy area so I was hoping that a bunch of their fans would dump tickets on the cheap, but it does not seem to be happening. Was going to try and take my son. In either event, I'm fine watching.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Ooberville is right in the Cincy area so I was hoping that a bunch of their fans would dump tickets on the cheap, but it does not seem to be happening. Was going to try and take my son. In either event, I'm fine watching.

I'm looking at stubhub and it looks like $50 will get you in the stadium, and you start getting decent'ish seats for $75. I'd sit on the site and wait until Friday/Saturday as (IMO) those prices can only go in one direction.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
A fair point, my friend. I will keep a lookout. I'd love to take my son, even if it's in enemy territory.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've gone with my Chubb jersey on and it was fine.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh yeah, I've gone multiple times and been fine. Usually plenty of Browns fans. It's probably worse for them to go up North. Only instance I ever had was one really inebriated "south of the river" fan who kept screaming "WHO DEY!" at me during the game. Dude eventually timbered and fell down a couple rows, and those rows in the upper deck at PBS are steep. He was hurting.

His girlfriend rushed down to help him - or so I thought. She ended up wailing on him and screaming that he always had to embarrass her. Anyhow, she runs off and a couple other folks help him get up and the ushers got him out of there to either a first aid station or to the curb. No idea which.

That was 2009. Ahh, memories...

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think him being from south of the river actually matters. I lived in the greater Dayton area, north of Dayton for over 50 years. We just called the entire area south of Middletown through all of northern Kentucky "Cintuckey".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
LOL...I should have stated that was a reference I borrowed from the guy next to me at the stadium who told me "Don't mind him. He's one of the south of the river fans." I haven't forgotten that since.

Technically, the area I live in is considered a township of what is called "Hamil-tucky" in the local area. Close to Middletown, where oddly enough my wife works.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I did actually live in Franklin for a few years. It was mainly due to my employment as well. Dayton isn't a huge city or anything but they began to do some traffic work due to last a few years that really mucked things up at the time and while the business I worked for at the time was located in Kettering all of their biggest jobs were located in Springboro. I know the area where you were located by your description.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Back to the Wayne after a long stay in Ohio. I'll be watching this snoozefest on delay and head back to the local Browns Backers for the playoff game... If I don't head down to Indy instead. naughtydevil

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Bengals 31 Week 18 Coverage Map

Link Copied to Clipboard