Next Thread
Print Thread
#2053225 01/04/24 02:56 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Since this game will not be all that impactful, I figured I'd make it fun by laying out bold predictions. Here are mine:

1. Browns win and become (I believe) the first playoff team to win with 5 different QBs.

2. Tillman goes over 100 yards receiving.

3. Flacco opens the game with a handoff and then leaves the field to get his $75K.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by dawglover05
3. Flacco opens the game with a handoff and then leaves the field to get his $75K.

I'd prefer a play-action TD bomb to Goodwin on the first play and then takes a seat with 14:46 left in the 1st quarter.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I'd prefer a play-action TD bomb to Goodwin on the first play and then takes a seat with 14:46 left in the 1st quarter.

Yes. So that he has more TD passes in his 6 games this season than Pickett does in his career.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Driskell also throws for 300+ yards because Stefanski is still calling the plays against a poor Bengals D (even with starters).

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Flacco doesn't mind not playing - and forgoing the potential $75k bonus - because he's already agreed (in principle) to a contract for next year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who has he agreed with a contract for next year with?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
I took that as WSU's bold prediction, but I could be wrong.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Flacco doesn't mind not playing - and forgoing the potential $75k bonus - because he's already agreed (in principle) to a contract for next year.

a bold predix, indeed, My Man.
I like your spirit.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
My bold prediction is that Joltin’ Joe doesn’t see the field, because if he does and gets injured we’ll be very upset, we lose 20-3 and then we get set for the playoffs.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
my biggest bold prediction: I will actually watch the entire game haha. It feels good to have a worthless game in January (in a good way)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I made my bold prediction in September, before we hopped on this rollercoaster...

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthre...n-record-prediction-playoffs#Post2026142

Originally Posted by FATE
Me too. I think a bunch of people are under-selling the talent on this team, but I get it. The Browns have been loaded with talent plenty of times and failed miserably. The difference this year is Jim Schwartz and a much improved defense.

While playing in the AFC North means a tough ticket to the playoffs, we can get it done.

11-6 or 12-5. 4-2 in the North. A playoff game in Cleveland. A trip to the AFC title game, and hopefully not another heartbreak.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
FATE #2053288 01/05/24 10:15 AM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
You obviously predicted it with our current roster, too, I presume wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol. It's crazy to look back at that "hope springs eternal" post and then retrace the circuitous route we took to get here. Even more of a testament to Schwartz, really.

Let's be real here... if Stephanski hesitated and wanted to give Woods one more chance we'd be 5-11, talking about cleaning house and trading Myles for draft picks for STR rebuild version 7.5.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: lampdogg
Legend
Legend
I was watching some highlights from this season ... and looking back at the first Bengals/Steelers games, Titans, 49ers ... those seem like SO long ago

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
1. Browns win and become (I believe) the first playoff team to win with 5 different QBs.

Has anyone, even non-playoff teams, ever had 5 QBs with a win in a single season??

Bold Predictions:

Browns Win.
Jags Lose.
Texans Win.
Ravens Win.
Bills Win.

Wild Card Round:
Browns @ Texans - Browns win
Jax @ Bills - Bills win
Phins @ KC - Phins win

Divisional Round:
Phins @ Balt - Balt win
Browns @ Bills - Browns win

AFC Championship:
Browns @ Baltimore - Flacco & Z'Darius bring us a win

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FATE
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Man, that would be the Jags fifth loss out of six games, with the sole win being over the worst team in the league. Granted, they'd still make the playoffs, but I think there might be a few raised eyebrows at Pederson if they lose that week and then subsequently lose to the Bills.

In any event, I hope everything you list there happens exactly.

#gmstrong
FATE #2053331 01/05/24 04:03 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I made my bold prediction in September, before we hopped on this rollercoaster...

Me too. I think a bunch of people are under-selling the talent on this team, but I get it. The Browns have been loaded with talent plenty of times and failed miserably. The difference this year is Jim Schwartz and a much improved defense.

While playing in the AFC North means a tough ticket to the playoffs, we can get it done.

11-6 or 12-5. 4-2 in the North. A playoff game in Cleveland. A trip to the AFC title game, and hopefully not another heartbreak.

I clicked the link and that convo felt like YEARS AGO.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man, that would be the Jags fifth loss out of six games, with the sole win being over the worst team in the league. Granted, they'd still make the playoffs, but I think there might be a few raised eyebrows at Pederson if they lose that week and then subsequently lose to the Bills.

I think I read that if the Jags lose they are out of the playoffs. No wild card as they do not have the tie breaker over just about everyone. The winner of Colts/Texans take the south, and the loser might get the wild card. Maybe I have that wrong.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
You might have it right. Man, if that's the case and they drop to the Titans, Pederson could be in trouble...

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

I think I read that if the Jags lose they are out of the playoffs. No wild card as they do not have the tie breaker over just about everyone. The winner of Colts/Texans take the south, and the loser might get the wild card. Maybe I have that wrong.

Jax could still get in with a loss. Steelers could sneak in with a win and some help.

Jacksonville clinches AFC South division title with:

1). JAX win OR
2). JAX tie + IND-HOU tie

Jacksonville clinches playoff berth with:

1). JAX tie + PIT loss or tie OR
2). PIT loss + DEN loss or tie + HOU-IND doesn't end in tie

Pittsburgh clinches playoff berth with:

1). PIT win + BUF loss OR
2). PIT win + JAX loss or tie OR
3). PIT win + HOU-IND tie OR
4). PIT tie + JAX loss + HOU-IND doesn't end in tie OR
5). JAX loss + DEN win + HOU-IND doesn't end in tie

https://www.nfl.com/news/playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18-of-2023-nfl-season

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I clicked the link and that convo felt like YEARS AGO.

I think I mentioned a couple months ago that the season had already felt like it’d been going on for an eternity.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, we as Browns fans will need a long vacation. smile

Last edited by lampdogg; 01/05/24 05:50 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
It's been exasperating, exhilarating, excruciating, and exhausting.

What a ride!
More, plz.

2 members like this: FATE, FORTBROWNFAN
2nd String
2nd String
Noone wants to play us...

[Linked Image from res.cloudinary.com]

3 members like this: Bard Dawg, Clemdawg, FORTBROWNFAN
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

What a ride!
More, plz.

I think you are just repeating what Jackie Chiles said about this season. (Pardon the Seinfeld reference)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

What a ride!
More, plz.

I think you are just repeating what Jackie Chiles said about this season. (Pardon the Seinfeld reference)

As popular as it was, I never really watched Seinfeld. In fact, I had to Google Jackie Chiles to even understand the reference. I called up one vid, and had it figured out.

Dear lord, I hope I don't sound like a cheap Johnny Cochrane knock-off around here.
I fancy myself as more of a Denzel/Sidney/Harry Belafonte amalgam.
Then, I have to look in the mirror to shave.
*poof!*

Legend
Legend
Jeff Driskell throws for over 400 yards 5 TD's no INT's, and runs for another TD. Causing a QB controversy that has not been seen since Couch/Holcomb.

Austin Watkins JR is added to the active roster and explodes for 190 yards and 3 TD's

Tony Fields leads the Browns Defense in tackles, fumble recoveries, and Int's.

I wake up tomorrow 9 inches taller, 100 pounds heavier, much better looking, and with a bank account that dwarfs Deshaun Watsons

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Bold prediction cowboys exit early in the playoffs.

Dallas is the most hyped over rated team in the NFL. They played the easiest schedule. They have one win at home against the Eagles. That is it as far beating a winning team. And the Eagles have had their own issues. They were given the game against the Lions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

Look at their record. How can those who rank teams have them over the Browns?? Cupcake team who played weak teams. Their schedule is nowhere near the Browns.

Yet they continue to get the most airtime on tv.

Legend
Legend
We don't think you're cheap . . . .LOL

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I predicted the Browns would win 14 games. Still a possibility !

Hickman and Emerson both have a pick 6

Tillman gets two TDs

Nick Harris carries one in from the FB position for a score

And I still wont be able to get on and enjoy the board

Due to the same negative posters who will ruin it by the same complaining and whinning

Thank you Cleveland Browns for a Great season ! 12 - 5 would be awesome !

Most important is no injuries and keep the momentun moving forward into the play-offs !

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

What a ride!
More, plz.

As popular as it was, I never really watched Seinfeld. In fact, I had to Google Jackie Chiles to even understand the reference. I called up one vid, and had it figured out.

Dear lord, I hope I don't sound like a cheap Johnny Cochrane knock-off around here.
I fancy myself as more of a Denzel/Sidney/Harry Belafonte amalgam.
Then, I have to look in the mirror to shave.
*poof!*

I assumed many wouldn't get it. I am guessing if someone referenced anything from the 10-15 years of TV, I would be lost. I think the last program I watched while it still running was The Office.

Legend
Legend
Only my 4th Bold Prediction came true.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Bold Predictions:

Browns Win Lose.
Jags Lose.
Texans Win.
Ravens Win Lose.
Bills Win.

Wild Card Round:
Browns @ Texans - Browns win
JaxSteelers @ Bills - Bills win
Phins @ KC - Phins win

Divisional Round:
Phins @ Balt - Balt win
Browns @ Bills - Browns win

AFC Championship:
Browns @ Baltimore - Flacco & Z'Darius bring us a win

Close enough. Still on track.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FORTBROWNFAN
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
That's impressive.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Bengals 31 Bold Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard