“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly it's just being accepted as the price our society has to pay for our freedom to bear firearms. At first such shootings were alarming and had people badly upset. But as time has passed people have become apathetic and numb to them. When something sickening and nauseating becomes common place news people simply are no longer shocked by it over time. As per usual nothing will be done and nothing will change. For all the hand wringing about it "being a mental health issue" I don't see anyone funding and fixing the mental healthcare system either. Same as it ever was.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We really need to do something about the mentally ill having access to guns.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We have. We send thoughts and prayers.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

You'd think that the NRA would want to help with this, but no. All they seem to want is for every American to have a gun..

The Republican Party, the so called party of Law and Order, seems dead set on arming the entire nation. Again, playing to the gun lobby.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I imagine if cup cakes and cookies were deadly weapons. The bakery industry would be doing the same as the NRA.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

Yes we should. The problem being people such as yourself have been claiming that's the problem for years and have done nothing to help solve it. Another problem is if your side isn't willing to agree to universal background checks and red flag laws to help people in crisis from having guns it's all lip service with no actions to back up what you're saying. If you really think that's the problem maybe you should demand the people you vote for take some actions to address it rather than use it as some standard excuse and doing nothing to solve the problem.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump on Iowa School Shooting: ‘Get Over It’
Charisma Madarang
Fri, January 5, 2024 at 8:04 PM EST·3 min read

A day after a gunman killed a sixth grade student and wounded five other people at Perry High School northwest of Des Moines, Donald Trump returned to the state at a campaign event and told residents that they “have to get over it.”

During his speech at Sioux Center, Iowa, the former president gave his thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families, emphasizing that “we’re really with you as much as anybody can be.” After stating the tragedy was “terrible” and “horrible,” Trump insisted: “We have to get over it. We have to move forward. We have to move forward.”

Afterwards, the ex-president quickly moved on to shout out the state senators endorsing him. His visit to Iowa arrives 10 days before the state’s caucuses.

Last April, Trump called school shootings a “spiritual problem” and not a “gun problem” during a National Rifle Association (NRA) — four days after a gunman killed five people in a Louisville, Kentucky, bank, and two weeks after a shooter killed six people, including three children, at a school in Nashville. After learning that the Nashville shooter was transgender, Trump and his allies pivoted to attacking medical care for transgender individuals, and during his NRA speech, the former president bashed Democrats for pushing for gun control.

On Friday, President Joe Biden delivered his first major election year campaign speech near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The president torched his predecessor and potential 2024 rival, calling Trump’s refusal to accept the peaceful transfer of power in 2020 a continued threat to American democracy.

“Trump exhausted every legal avenue available to him to overturn the election,” Biden told a crowd of supporters. “Every one. But the legal path just took Trump back to the truth: that I had won the election and he was a loser. Well, knowing how his mind works now, he had one act left. One desperate act available to him: the violence of Jan. 6.”

“The choice is clear,” Biden said, reiterating that the 2024 election will be about preserving democracy. “Donald Trump’s campaign is about him. Not America. Not you. Donald Trump’s campaign is obsessed with the past, not the future. He’s willing to sacrifice our democracy to put himself in power.”

During a a town hall in Davenport, Iowa last month, Trump said he wanted to be a dictator if re-elected but only on “Day One” in office. He later doubled down on his sentiment at the New York Young Republican Club’s 111th Annual Gala a few days later. “[Peter] Baker today in the New York Times said that I want to be a dictator,” said the ex-president when referencing an article detailing his comments. “I didn’t say that. I said I want to be a dictator for one day. You know why I wanted to be a dictator? Because I want a wall, and I want to drill, drill, drill.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-iowa-school-shooting-over-010432215.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The words of a MORON

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I imagine if cup cakes and cookies were deadly weapons. The bakery industry would be doing the same as the NRA.

what an odd comparison!

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
The words of a MORON

They do need to get over it.

One needs to consider the context in which the message was delivered.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Who makes the determination if someone in mentally ill- some might think anyone with a MAGA hat on is mentally ill. JMHO, "small" shootings have happened thru out history- do you really think back in the 50s or 60s shootings like these didn't happen- BS- the www and instant "national news" has made every shooting known- except in Chicago/ Detroit/ Baltimore where blacks killing blacks doesn't get the news. It is to common place.

Sad- our society does lots of things right, but it ain't perfect.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
The words of a MORON

Always an excuse from the right side of the room. How you all can make excuses for this POS is insane.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The words of a MORON

I rest my case.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
The words of a MORON

Maybe you yourself should actually give that a good listen before you start making excuses for such a vile comment. But then some people have gotten over all of them and decided that nothing be done about it. So I guess your POV is not so uncommon. It seems to be running rampant.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your son went to school and got shot. Get over it.

Explain the context to me again?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester
Your son went to school and got shot. Get over it.

Explain the context to me again?

Your son was a bully and deserved it. Get over it.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
We love you and it's terrible but get over it. Yeah, that's so much better......

Oh yeah, and now that your kids have been victims of gun violence, we pray for you. As per usual, nothing to fix it just prayers after the bodies are strewn around on the floor.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And yet he continues leading the GOPer Iowa polls by a landslide. Your kids are dead…get over it. Now go out, show up, vote for me.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
The words of a MORON

I rest my case.

I rest my case. His comments were heartfelt. Then the message was they need to move on.

I have said similar things many times in somewhat similar moments. You have to move on, day by day. Time is the great healer.

You and others hear move on like forget about it in the morning. I hear it as words of encouragement and solidarity with the mourning.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No, his message was written for him and he read someone else's heartfelt comments
He ad libbed this part so it was the only part that was truly his words.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Could be. When President Biden goes off script, it is abundantly evident. Everything else has been written for him. I think the same could be said for most Presidents over the last 50 years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Then the message was they need to move on.
Right after he said “get over it” Then a Biden whatabout lol? Man you love yourself a bunch of trump. And there is alot.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
The excuses you continue to make for this man are beyond astounding. Nowhere in a heartfelt message are the words "you need to move on" in reference to school shootings.

But then that's been the message all along hasn't it? Don't think about it. Don't mourn it or keep it in the news. Don't actually try and take measures to stop them. Just move on.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It’s sad how many, what seem like normal people, are willing to do mental/ethical gymnastics to excuse don’s lack of humanity, tact, grace, compassion…

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could be. When President Biden goes off script, it is abundantly evident. Everything else has been written for him. I think the same could be said for most Presidents over the last 50 years.

I have no issue with him reading from a script.
My issue is that when he clearly goes off script you get to see the real man.
Of course you have to be willing to see

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

they are... for diabetics and those who are allergic

P
Legend
Legend
P
While school shootings can be deadly for everyone in the building. Diabetics know what the consequences of their actions are. Becoming human targets of gun violence shouldn't be the consequences of going to school.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While school shootings can be deadly for everyone in the building. Diabetics know what the consequences of their actions are. Becoming human targets of gun violence shouldn't be the consequences of going to school.

What if someone intentionally gives a student a cupcake that may have nuts or is loaded with sugar in it and it causes someone to go into shock and die?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This has now gone beyond the realm of a rabbit hole.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

they are... for diabetics and those who are allergic

Good point.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

What if someone intentionally gives a student a cupcake that may have nuts or is loaded with sugar in it and it causes someone to go into shock and die?

rofl

Where is FATE to scream about how far you have moved the goal posts?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Awwwe, look who has a crush on me (again). That's cute, but I'm married.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see. Rather Than calling out one of your own you point the finger at me. Typical. Tell your wife she's safe. I'm not a fan of trolls.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No. You pointed me out as if I'm your puppet and you run DT... instructing people to post when and where you want them to. I point out trolls... and people with strange crushes. 🥰

BTW... calling out someone in a thread they haven't even posted and then calling them the "troll" for responding is infantile.

P
Legend
Legend
P
For such a small child you sure seem to know a lot about infants. I didn't "instruct" anyone to post. I simply wondered why you didn't? You seem to target certain people about moving the goal posts and whatabouts until it's one of your own. Then you dodge it like the plague. Blaming me for pointing out the obvious is just so FATE like.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
What is the return address?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rofl

Where is FATE to scream about how far you have moved the goal posts?

You were the one who used the analogy. You are just mad because you didn't expect to get cupcake frosting all over your face.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Comparing school shootings to diabetes leaves something much nastier than frosting on your face. rofl

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Another senseless Shooting at a School

Link Copied to Clipboard