Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Every year people sweat the schedule.

It makes no difference to me at all.

Same goes for who we play in the playoffs. We have to play well. Simple. Every team is a legit obstacle.

When you look at the Browns now. This is a different team. We have the defense, offense and special teams (hoping Hopkins is ready) to beat any team.

We have traveled a long hard road to get where we are. Just keep rolling.

Legend
Legend
I think Houston's offense will be one of the biggest challenges of the year. Holding them under 24 points will be difficult.

I think Buffalo/Pittsburgh will be a low scoring game with the Bills squeezing it out.

KC will beat Miami, who appears to be fading and unhealthy.

I feel less confident about our chances of going to Houston than if we had played Jacksonville or Indianapolis, but we have to play well regardless.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I have been more confident this year than most others for some reason, especially considering the injuries we have had. I think maybe our ability to succeed with the "next man up" process. Unfortunately I am feeling a reduced amount of confidence for the playoffs. Maybe it's the finality if they lose.

I don't go to many games but headed to Houston this weekend with my nephew and his 2 boys. First game I've been to in almost a decade.

Would love to bring home a win.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by JimDawg
Of course they put us on Peacock....SMH

Kansas City game is the game exclusively shown on Peacock, not the Browns game.

I want to see the Dolphins Chiefs game too.

Great news....you can watch it for $5.99!

The fretting over $6 is hilarious. If I was not aware of the actual cost, I'd assume it was $3k and required a hard credit check. poke tongue

Who can forget people proclaiming: "I wish I could just pay a la carte for what I want to watch."

It’s not the cost. It’s the premise. I already pay for the internet, Direct tv, YouTubeTV, Season Ticket, and Amazon Prime. Enough is enough. The cost isn’t the issue. I’m tired of having to have so many damn platforms just to be a football fan of a team I don’t live local to. Enough is enough. It’s as though the NFL is trying to get me to just say screw it and start seeking out illegal routes of watching for free. At least that only requires having the Internet.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I agree - it's become ridiculous how many streaming devices we need. Just bundle them all together and I'll pay whatever

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
CJ hasnt faced the number 1 D. He is going to have serious problems.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
It is garbage.

They make it so you have to have numerous platforms in order to watch games.

And now Directv gets into greed warfare and what I already pay for. I cannot watch.

Something has to change. FCC needs to have some kind of oversight to protect consumers.

O
Legend
Legend
O

The fretting over $6 is hilarious. If I was not aware of the actual cost, I'd assume it was $3k and required a hard credit check. poke tongue

Who can forget people proclaiming: "I wish I could just pay a la carte for what I want to watch."

You're not wrong about the $6, but you are wrong about a la carte. This $6 is on top of whatever the person has paid to watch the games.

If you're local, then yeah... you're grumbling to yourself as you pay the $6. I'm sorta-local here in Cinci, so I've got to do the whole "is it on broadcast or not" dance each week. I was scoping out the Youtube packages at the beginning of the year and saw that I would have to sign up for multiple subscriptions in order to stream games due to the Browns sometimes being on TV and sometimes not. Now adding another subscriptions on top of that is just insult to injury.

It's not about the money, it's about the annoyance factor. Most other sports have figured this out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I agree - it's become ridiculous how many streaming devices we need. Just bundle them all together and I'll pay whatever

Ha, the reinvention of cable.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
It's not about the money, it's about the annoyance factor. Most other sports have figured this out.

MLB is showing games exclusively on Apple TV. Premiere League has games exclusive to Peacock. NBA has regional broadcast partners that require a subscription if you cut the cord (see Bally’s).

The NFL has the clout to do this with a playoff game (they’ve already done it with TNF) and other league’s will follow in time.

I won’t be surprised next year when it’s both an AFC and NFC game that that stream exclusively to a a particular platform.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I like Stroud as a QB. As many of you, have I watched him play for OSU. The kid has developed quickly and is a force considering where he is in his career. I highly doubt the Texans have any regrets in the choices they've made over the past few years at the QB position moving forward.

All that being said, the Indy defense just held the Houston O to 23 points and the Browns have a better D and secondary than the Colts. I too would have prefered the Browns be facing the Jags but that simply wasn't meant to be and the way Indy held Houston to 23 points gives me cause for optimism.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Texans have played only 4 teams that are now in the playoffs. They were throttled by us and the rats, barely beat the buccaneers while giving up 37 points to them, and beat the steelers. They also lost to the Panthers with CJ Stroud playing. They had a weak ass schedule and haven't beaten a single really good team this year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I like Stroud as a QB. As many of you, have I watched him play for OSU. The kid has developed quickly and is a force considering where he is in his career. I highly doubt the Texans have any regrets in the choices they've made over the past few years at the QB position moving forward.

All that being said, the Indy defense just held the Houston O to 23 points and the Browns have a better D and secondary than the Colts. I too would have prefered the Browns be facing the Jags but that simply wasn't meant to be and the way Indy held Houston to 23 points gives me cause for optimism.

And Nico Collins won't be dancing all over the head of any DB wearing Brown and Orange. No way, no how.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

You're not wrong about the $6, but you are wrong about a la carte. This $6 is on top of whatever the person has paid to watch the games.

If you're local, then yeah... you're grumbling to yourself as you pay the $6. I'm sorta-local here in Cinci, so I've got to do the whole "is it on broadcast or not" dance each week. I was scoping out the Youtube packages at the beginning of the year and saw that I would have to sign up for multiple subscriptions in order to stream games due to the Browns sometimes being on TV and sometimes not. Now adding another subscriptions on top of that is just insult to injury.

Yep. As Portland said, it's the premise, not the cost.

You want me to pay to stream? Let me click and make a payment... not sign up for a subscription, set alarms and calendar entries, and tell my secretary to "make a note" to cancel it. Don't require me to let you store my credit card for an automatic charge (in perpetuity) to watch three hours of football.

It's not "click here"... it's "sign up now"... and it's b.s. that should really be regulated by the FTC (my angry .02).

That said, many do act like they're being asked to give up their first born, and that's not much less ridiculous. 😁

L
Legend
Legend
L
wonder who flacco is going to be able to throw to, we have Cooper and..... Tillman and Moore are in concussion protocol.. Be nice if moore clears by then but he really got his bell rung

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M

Two road teams are favored.

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by leadtheway
wonder who flacco is going to be able to throw to, we have Cooper and..... Tillman and Moore are in concussion protocol.. Be nice if moore clears by then but he really got his bell rung

Moore is out of concussion protocol.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Put a gun to my head and make me place a $10k wager on one team at those odds... It'd be the eagles. Make me pick 2 teams ... CLE is 100% my second choice.

With the Eggles. I think they win by 14 or lose outright. Jmo. I don't see them losing but then they've also been very meh lately.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Good luck to both of our teams this weekend, though I am sure the Browns have a much better chance to win. Should be fun!

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Rookie
Rookie
Texans fan here, living in the Akron area. Both teams are pretty beat up, and have been all season. I'm looking forward to a good game. I hope it's a lot more competitive than the last meeting between these teams.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Correct. In fact, Moore played in the game yesterday.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
can't believe the stoolers pull the Bills in the first round, Buffalo always seems to play down to their competition and this seems like a game that pitt can steal. Drawback for them is no TJ Watt, so that should help. As for us, our team needs to keep in mind that Stroud is a ROOKIE, we need to mix up alot of defensive looks, maybe move Myles around the line just to confuse him. Stroud is a threat to run so keep him in the pocket as much as we can and I think we win this one by 2 scores.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Correct. In fact, Moore played in the game yesterday.
Wow didn’t know that, excellent news. That was a quick recovery

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Two Things that worry me about the texans game. First I hope they don't come out with a run heavy gane plan. The browns can be and have been gashed in the run game before. The second thing that worries me is the texans will have thier best two pass rushers for this game. They didn't have them first time we played them. Those pass rushers going against our back up tackles means Flacco won't have all day to throw like the last game.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
I think I am a Browns, Dolphins, and Steelers fan this weekend.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
It is garbage.

And now Directv gets into greed warfare and what I already pay for. I cannot watch.

Something has to change. FCC needs to have some kind of oversight to protect consumers.

Direct TV?? I bought the You Tube package. It is my understanding it was for the regular season only.

I am heading to Florida later this morning to take care of some business. I will be there over the weekend. Hopefully I can watch in in the hotel room. If not, there is a Browns bar over in Englewood. I would think they will have the game.

Plus, everything i see is the game is on NBC. Everybody can get NBC.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 01/09/24 08:26 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Advantage Browns.

The last time the Browns starters played a game was Dec 30th.

Meanwhile the Texans played Sunday in a "do or die game" with the Colts. They are on a short week to play Saturday.

At this time of year that is a big deal. The season is long and exhausting. Most players are hurting somewhere. Having over two weeks to rest your body is a big help.

The Browns will be fresh and as healthy as they have been for quite a while.

The Texans struggle in pass coverage. Flacco torched them.

Our strength is defensive pressure and pass coverage.

We have an advantage in this game. I think the rest to the starters will be a factor along with the Texans playing continuous win or gone games.

Legend
Legend
the hope is that our rest is the benefit, we surely needed it

I worry about their offense quite a bit. Stroud has been dynamite most of the season and their run game even showed signs against us last game

I think we might have to score 30+ to win the game

Legend
Legend
IMO the rest matters.

I respect Stroud for all he has accomplished this season. However, he is a rookie.

Pressure matters especially in the playoffs. Stroud's numbers go down like all quarterbacks when under pressure.

We have great corners. Schwartz is a straight laced guy. He said our corners are the best in football. Ward is healthy and now can tackle. His shoulder has healed and he is close to 100%. That means a lot. Nico Collins had 9 catches for 195 yards against the Colts. The rest of the receivers combined had 69 yards.

Ward is one of the best boundary man corners in the NFL. We can take Collins away.

This will force Stroud to hold the ball longer. The Browns pressure to the qb is the fastest in the NFL 1.9 sec.

The Browns have a distinct advantage over the Texans.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by bonefish
It is garbage.

Direct TV?? I bought the You Tube package. It is my understanding it was for the regular season only.

I am heading to Florida later this morning to take care of some business. I will be there over the weekend. Hopefully I can watch in in the hotel room. If not, there is a Browns bar over in Englewood. I would think they will have the game.

Plus, everything i see is the game is on NBC. Everybody can get NBC.

Not everybody, local market blacked-out for DirectTV customers.

Bad news, DirecTV customers: Browns' first playoff game on WKYC

R
redddog Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Welp…no Denzel. No delpit. No D Hop.They're getting Greenard and Anderson Jr back at Edge.

I’m just sick of always being the most disadvantaged.

Whatever. The path to the SB is always through the fire. I have faith in Flacco, Coop, Chief and the defense. But imma be PISSED if the Jills let those bastages advance. PISSED.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL 2023 Post Season Post Season Set. What Do We Think?

Link Copied to Clipboard