Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2054850 01/13/24 08:21 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
- The defense got owned (minus JOK).
- I don't expect Schwartz will be a HC prospect after that performance.
- We came back down to earth.
- Watson can breathe a sigh of relief after Flacco's two pick 6s.

What an awesome season with a horrific ending.

Tackles are tackles.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Great season.
Everything went wrong today. Embarrassing

Legend
Legend
Great season for the Browns ... embarrassing loss for today

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
It was fun until today, but it was going likely going to be tough to see this season end, no matter what fashion. If we won today, and lost to the Ravens, it would have sucked. If we beat the Ravens somehow, losing in any other fashion would have sucked.

It was very disappointing though, especially after that clinch game and how great it felt. However, so many times this season, it felt like the ride was over and it just kept on going. Ah well, such is sports. At least I don't have to a post game interview after that! LOL!

Last edited by OrangeSky; 01/13/24 08:33 PM.
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, FATE
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Out played, out coached by a rookie Head Coach and a rookie QB. Myles disappeared again. Newsome should never be on an outside WR again JOK played amazing. We didn't establish the run again.

Joe Flacco giveth and Joe Flacco taketh

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Embarrassing way to end the season. Defense looked overrated. Losing a playoff game like this isn't going to get the Browns any respect. The staff deserves another year to see what they can do with a healthy team.

If anyone should be fired, it's the refs. Two blatant no calls, PI and hit on Flacco when he slid. Then they call PI on us for barely touching their receiver. Need better quality of officiating for the playoffs.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At least we avoided a qb controversy, only positive I can take from this.

Sheesh what a beat down.

Can't wait to see 2 4 back next year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In disgust, I turned off the game after the second Pick 6. Our 2 OT's were worse than turnstiles....terrible! Injuries simply killed our chances. Next year will be our year....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Yes, it was a great season and horrible train-wreck of a game today.

At least overall we don't suck anymore, you know? We have a good team.

JOK had a great game.

I am sad as hell now but you get use to it. That's life sometimes.

P.S. Someone have a drink for me, I quit a long time ago. Thanks.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Beat by the coach of the year. Garrett is overrated . Proof that maybe pff isn’t nearly as accurate as the eyes. So many holes because of injuries. Healthy browns team walks this Texans team by 3 tds. We just ran out of gas. Overachieved all year but I truly think taking the week off stopped the momentum. I think if able to do over again, everyone plays the cincy game

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Embarrassing end to a crazy season. I really would like to know the defense plays SO badly on the road. I hope Schwartz figures it out. I hope Watson figures it out quickly for 2024. He should study Flacco who sadly will not be back. Another off season to ponder what might have been if the Browns had remained healthy.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
Legend
M
- The Browns did not just projectile vomit all over themselves today, but they choked on it in their sleep.

- Stefanski cost himself millions in contract extension negotiations today. Unless Haslam gets a wild hair up his tuchus and goes after Belichick bringing things full circle!

- I'm dumbfounded by what I just witnessed.

- Slowik tap danced on Schwartz's head coaching ambitions.

- Gameballs: David Bell and JOK

On to the 2024 season. What a brutal end to the season.

**curse the Jaguars for losing to the Titans**

1 member likes this: FATE
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
- The defense was clearly not prepared for Stroud. Had no answer for him and he was unstoppable.
- Flacco probably played his last game as a Brown.
- Watson needs to play like a Pro Bowl QB next season. Has to stay healthy.
- Need a healthy Chubb next season.
- Stroud and the Texans are good but didn't think the Brown's defense would be dominated like that.
- How Stefanski prepared the team for this game has to be questioned. Looked like the Texans were more motivated and just wanted it more.

Last edited by Dawg Citizen; 01/13/24 08:43 PM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Great season that ended with a thud. On to 2024.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
We didn't establish the run again.

We were too weak and Houston too strong to have any positive effect. The run game was never in the cards....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
A failure at all levels but especially coaching. We will never, NEVER compete with Kevin as head coach. He always puts the game on his QB's shoulders(no matter if it's Watson or DTR), risking it all on 4th down on our own 30 with a quarter and a half to go only down 2 scores was beyond stupid. 40+ passes vs. what 12 runs, this script has played out too many times. Our defense was a joke, we take the lead back only to get burnt on a screen pass for a TD. I take my hat off to JOK, Flacco, Njoko, Hunt(who only got maybe 6 touches)...guys who actually seen to have heart and will to win...especially JOK. The rest are bums earning paychecks, thier effort was miserable. I'm disgusted, I expected a competative game at the least. I'm ready for a house cleaning, go after BB why not things arent goint to get better the way they are.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns defense has Been beat by TEs all year
Schultz and Jordan ate them alive
Browns defense was fools gold all year.
Great you beat the likes of Trevor Seimien and that Cards QB.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I'm sorry everyone. I was really hoping Cleveland would win today.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Great season and a bad ending. I didn’t know if we would win but I expected a lot closer game. The pick 6,s killed us. Houston got some key players back and Stroud was phenomenal. Our injuries caught up with us today.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Pretty disappointing way to end a really enjoyable season.

Two big concerns moving forward -

Stefanski - starting to have some eerie parallels to Baker. Overachieve when expectations are low; underachieve when expectations are high. Year 1 no expectations, playoffs. Years 2 and 3, high expectations, no coach in the history of the league did less with more. Year 4, low expectations made even lower by the injury situation. The minute the expectations flip, Browns were favored today, you get a nice big thud.

Garrett - I'm not sure there is a bigger poser in the NFL. Always disappears through the last third of every season. Never gets the better of the better tackles. Freelances way too much, vacating his spot all the time resulting in big plays. Made zero, ZERO, impact plays in the biggest game of his career today. In my opinion, he does not deserve the DPOY. 5 straight games with no sacks. The team basically begging the league to give Myles the DPOY when they saw it slipping away during that 5 game stretch. Myles is supposed to be a generational talent. Generational talents are supposed to play their best when the stakes are the highest. Myles was handled one on one almost all game today and when he lined up against Tunsil, he had no chance. Tired of hearing about this guy. Tired of hearing him talk. Dude's a poser.

We have no wide receivers who can break tackles. Wind knocks over Moore and Bell.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
- The defense got owned (minus JOK).
- I don't expect Schwartz will be a HC prospect after that performance.
- We came back down to earth.
- Watson can breathe a sigh of relief after Flacco's two pick 6s.

What an awesome season with a horrific ending.

Also, it looks like they picked on Newsome and for good reason. In a past post I mentioned he could be a trade candidate....we'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Great season and a bad ending. I didn’t know if we would win but I expected a lot closer game. The pick 6,s killed us. Houston got some key players back and Stroud was phenomenal. Our injuries caught up with us today.
That's BS that our injuries caught up with us. We had every bit of talent on this roster to win this game today or at the very least make it a dog fight. We layed down again like always and let them walk all over us, it was pathetic.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

And Nick Chubb.

I agree. We had a good year....just not the way we wanted it to end.

Tackles are tackles.
4 members like this: lottadot, PitDAWG, ScottPlayersFacemask
L
Legend
Legend
L
Defence played like garbage, the pick 6s buried us. Enjoyable season, but we wait another year. Thanks Joe, you made things fun until things weren’t.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Embarrassments on the national stage like today result in the following -

Same old Browns.

We had a magical month with Flacco. Pat yourself on the back, because the franchise still blows.

Watson trade looks worse every day.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
They lost their winning momentum and Mojo with that ugly defeat in Cincinnati the last game

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K

And Nick Chubb.

We're not excited. Been hearing it for 25 years and the results are always the same. Regardless of the injuries our roster is still as good as or better than Houstun's and to get blown out like that is an absolute embarassment.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When the game started, I thought it was gonna be a shootout. Then the back to back pick 6's kinda put us in a hole. The Defense never got on the plane. Stefanski didn't try to run the ball enough so they knew we were gonna throw it. Just an all around crap looking team today. Copper and Njoku were shut down. Newsome can't even come close to thinking he is a shut down corner.This team shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. Why can't we get it together like other teams do? All the hype all week might have went to their head cause they sure laid an egg.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
I know the team would never publicly admit it, but injuries really did factor into the outcome. Watson and Chubb, plus out OLine and secondary being healthy, this is a different ballgame. Add in if some of out defensive "stars" actually played like their hype, then we can talk. I'd like to get excited about next year, but I'm waiting for some other disaster to occur

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Another year, another embarrassment. Since I was born, I’ve seen Baltimore win 2, Pittsburgh win 2, Elway win 2, and Cincy play in 2. Meanwhile this is what we get. Move the team.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 01/13/24 09:25 PM.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I'm surprised some of the posters like Versatile Dawg Diam Dawg
And Eotab are posting on this playoff game

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
I'm surprised some of the posters like Versatile Dawg Diam Dawg
And Eotab are posting on this playoff game

Diam left the board a while ago. Vers I believe was banned and I fear EO is no longer able

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Watson trade looks worse every day.

Solid analysis after today's loss.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Knight

And Nick Chubb.

We're not excited. Been hearing it for 25 years and the results are always the same. Regardless of the injuries our roster is still as good as or better than Houstun's and to get blown out like that is an absolute embarassment.

You should post here more often.

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
As I said earlier this week in another thread. The texans getting those two defensive ends back would make a huge difference and it did. Also, it's hard to beat a team twice in one season.

I also believe the browns probably came into this game overconfident because of the last game which is foolish. I hope our defense who kept calling themselves the best in the world learned thier lesson. today. They are not the best, and if they want to be the best then they need to stop listening to thier own hype.

Not sure if we have a second round pick this year but I really hope we look at another cornerback and try to trade Newsome. We also could probably use some depth at linebacker.
Garrett has not been the same player since hurting his shoulder against the rams I believe .
would not be Suprised to hear about him having surgery soon.

Are the browns overrated? Probably. How much?..hard to say with all the injuries.

Will Watson save the day next season? No he is a overrated sexual predator who struggles very much to read a defense. He never played in a pro style offense in college and I don't like those kind of guys to play qb. I prefere a pocket passer who comes from a more pro style offense. The predators contract will also put this team in salar cap hell soon

Should stefanski get a extension? I dunno. Honestly I feel like the main reason we even made the playoffs is because of Schwartz more so than stefanski. If stefanski does get a extension it should be under the agreement he gives up playcalling. However I know that won't happen

Last edited by slick; 01/13/24 10:08 PM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Yo, where's Steve? I need an update on the salary cap...

Stripperchick... You haven't been here through the entire run, why are you calling out people that haven't posted here in over a year? What's your fascination with calling out Eotab? Dude has been fighting for his life for years and all you can do is come here and bust his balls for having hope in a sports team? Top shelf pathetic.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: jfanent, Clemdawg, Pdawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
Stefanski won’t give up play calling. He feels like his play calling gives the team an advantage that no one else could. It would also strip him his identity as a head coach. I don’t think he believes he could bring value to the team as a CEO type head coach.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I've never been a fan of 'Resting' Players when you have clinched a spot.
All Season it was next game up, next game up.... then well OK maybe I was wrong, forget the next one and worry about the one after that.
All the drive seemed to be gone.
Embarrassing!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don’t think the rest had anything to do with it.

The Browns got out coached and out played. They were not able to adjust intra game. And the Texans just wanted it more.

Whether the team played last week or not I don’t think would have changed any of those things.

When Alex Wright is your vocal leader ripping into the d on the sidelines you probably over achieved during the season.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Post game thoughts: Sad, and disappointed.

And then I got on facebook. Memories. Today, 9 years ago, was the day I had to have the second best cat in the world, put down. I carried her around the house doing the "remember when...." thing. Then took her to the vet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Gameday: Browns at Texans Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard