Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
This is a post game thought for more that a few of our games this season. Emerson is a huge liability.....I've seen him get burnt, miss tackles and avoid contact way too many times this year.

Micah Parson's called Emerson out yesterday during the game...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't say much

After Njoku got mugged and the ref didn't throw the flag I turned off the game

Then and there I knew the results weren't going to be in the Browns favor

As a player, they are suppossed to just suck up bad calls and move on

As a fan it's not easy to accept, it really takes the energy out of things

I really wonder how much it affects the players energy and mind set

For all of you who say next year or next season, well next year would be 2025

This year starts the 2024 season

Before we know it, it'll be draft day then ota's then camp. It's right around the corner.

A slightly long corner, but it's coming

All the new threads and posts with excitement concerns opinions leading into this season makes for interesting times

Yes I turned off the game, I had to for my mental health and to be able to have some excitement and hope for this team and fans

Lots of things will happen from now til kick off "24"

Hopefully the ride will last longer into the play offs

And the dang snow ! Watching the Bills win today would have been nice !

Always tommorrow !

Great season with incrediable challenges ! Sure was fun !

Learn from it and go get that Lombardi Trophy !

We aint getting no younger round here ! smile

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

On one hand you want to appreciate the perseverance this season. On the other this stinks of celebrating mediocrity. You just got punked guys. And they're taking our 1st rd pick still as well.

That was your take from this awesome video...

Unless Berry said guys please point the camera at me, which I highly doubt since the cameras will be on anyways.

This is what leadership looks like. This is what builds cultures and family environments starting from the top. It may look like a minor detail at the time, in reality it's a significant detail.

Leaders aren't people that just show up when it's winning, they are there through wins and losses - the best and worst of times. They want to be there to show their support, express their gratitude, and their appreciation in that moment.

A Commander on the airport runway waiting for his Soldiers to exit the plane of a failed mission, just to shake their hand or hug (showing support) and tell them how much he appreciates each and every one of them. That is a leader. That is one step of how an organization shows they care about their employees.

Showing up to give a speech afterwards doesn't hit as hard or sound as genuine as one after being with your employees when they are at their lowest. That is how culture and families form.

7 members like this: Hammer, 3rd_and_20, Day of the Dawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure. I said the guys deserved praise for their perseverance. Maybe not right after the game. Maybe in exit interviews.

That locker room should have been a lot of quiet and a lot of soul searching.

Please, do share this "culture " that permeates and surrounds the Cleveland Browns organization again.

Unless you mean a culture of desperation, bad judgement, irrational thinking, general chaos and disarray and 3 decades of being utter losers. There is that.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Sure. I said the guys deserved praise for their perseverance. Maybe not right after the game. Maybe in exit interviews.

Do you seriously think Berry is going to have an "exit interview" with all of those players?

That locker room should have been a lot of quiet and a lot of soul searching.

Are you a sports psychologist? Anyway, you don't know what went on in that locker room.

Please, do share this "culture " that permeates and surrounds the Cleveland Browns organization again.

Unless you mean a culture of desperation, bad judgement, irrational thinking, general chaos and disarray and 3 decades of being utter losers. There is that.

If you didn't notice a positive change in culture with the team this season, we can't help you.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If you didn't notice a positive change in culture with the team this season, we can't help you.

His sig tells us more about him than it does the Browns.

Gonna quote My Pops (who dropped some great lines during his life:
"Some folks can't be happy unless they're making themselves miserable about something-"

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

I often say "It's not about how things start, but how they end".

How things end doesn't have to mean you won or got what you wanted. It's about what you did along the journey. Not winning doesn't erase what you did to try to reach your goal.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
He is not alone.

"Some folks can't be happy unless they're making themselves miserable about something-"

There are others that includes steve.

When we were winning with a roster that had 26% of the cap on the IR. Hid in the dark.

When they lose. He runs out to the light to say KS is the reason.

Clueless to reason why this team over achieved. Clueless to what every player and assistant coach has to say about KS. Clueless to what the media recognized.

Coaching is about what you can do with what you have.

To those empty vessels fill up at the misery pump and stay miserable.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by eotab
I'm here fighting for my life and I have to watch this crap.
Biggest joke Stefanski for coach of the year.

🤣

Hey man...seeing this post is better than the Browns winning the game. Take care buddy, and stick around when you can.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, we’re not headed to a Super Bowl, so it’s ALWAYS disappointing. But at least we’ve answered the “Is Ski the problem question and we can say, NO, with confidence. This year gave me a little hope going forward. Getting DW to where we need him to be, should be our focus for the off season. We’ve now seen what a baller can do with this talent, time to get DW ballin’.

Legend
Legend
There it stands getting DW ready.

If we are to win anything it will be on DW. That is where we are.

Every year teams reshuffle the deck. Players come and go. Good teams turn bad. Bad teams turn good.

The offensive tackle injuries really hurt this team. You cannot pay bench players tons of money. When you lose three starting tackles. The result is you have players like
James Hudson and Geron Christian starting. They were really bad. If you have slow feet and poor balance. You are like a dancer with two left feet.

The defense picked a bad day to play like crap. We gave up big plays. Many of them should not have been big yard gains. Coverage on the back end was terrible.

Newsome was isolated on deeper routes and got torched.

I was really confident that we would win this game. The defense outside of JOK was a real letdown.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by slick
Originally Posted by eotab
I'm here fighting for my life and I have to watch this crap.
Biggest joke Stefanski for coach of the year.

🤣

Tab? If I may ask what's wrong?

I am not EO, but I know he has had heart problems for 3-4 years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. No Browns fan should rip this team after the wins we got this year, the effort of the players which I feel was exceptional and the way our coaches rose to the challenge dealing with all the injuries. If there's anything to be critical about it's how our D played. They were awful. Picked the worse time to have a bad game. I've got some optimism moving forward. A few good FA signings and some good draft picks and we can duplicate the win total from this season and hopefully go deeper in the playoffs. Less injuries would be welcome also.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I can't see Schwartz getting anything now ... he'll be back

We have to answer a few questions:

1. Why is Myles always a shell of himself at the end of seasons?
2. Why was our defense so exposed on the road?
3. Can Watson and KS find a good scheme that works for both?
4. Is Chubb going to be able to return to form?
5. Can we find another WR besides Cooper?

Raise your hand if you read that with the narrator's voice from 'Soap' (or 'As the Stomach Turns').

Also, why did Myles crash directly inside so many times with nobody setting the edge outside of him? I feel like I saw that a lot.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Someone was saying today at work who played defense that Tunsil was getting a half step back and it wasn't being called.

Legend
Legend
Keep up the good fight, tabber.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
This season was extremely fun and I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Hopefully KS takes it as a learning lesson on what to do next time. We will be back!!

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Someone was saying today at work who played defense that Tunsil was getting a half step back and it wasn't being called.

I noticed this too, on multiple snaps. I guess he figured they may look to call holding on him so he chose to false start as a way of throwing the refs off. Lol

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Raise your hand if you read that with the narrator's voice from 'Soap' (or 'As the Stomach Turns').

Also, why did Myles crash directly inside so many times with nobody setting the edge outside of him? I feel like I saw that a lot.

Myles is given the freedom to freelance and it often results in him guessing wrong. He wants the splash plays. He loves the attention. He guessed wrong a lot during the season exposing the edge. In this game, he could not get around Tunsil and was getting frustrated. He consistently tried to bullrush him with no luck. He routinely gets owned by the better LTs in the league.

I think Myles gets special treatment (which was Clowney's argument), then doesn't deliver when it matters most. Interesting that Clowney will get the last laugh.

And when he doesn't perform we have phantom shoulder pops and him dealing with personal issues to explain away poor performances in his pressers. Guy is as fragile as they come, both physically and mentally.

I really think Watt deserves DPOY. He was consistently better all season. The team lobbying for Myles was embarrassing.

I know Myles is royalty around here and above criticism by most. And I admit I am judging him harshly. And I admit I am judging him through way more of a harsher lense than maybe anyone else on the team, but that's the way it goes when you are supposed to be one of the best players in the league. And the leader of our D. Hell, Alex Wright was ripping into the team on the sidelines during the Texans game while Myles just stood there. If Myles could have gotten home just a couple of times in the first quarter it could have been a completely different game. As soon as Stroud realized he had no pressure and they caught Myles cheating inside, the defense literally had no chance. Our best player is supposed to play his best when it matters most.

I'm a fan, just not a big fan and have a lot of concerns for his perpetual decline late in seasons. As soon as the stats start dropping off, he presses and plays poorly.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Myles is given the freedom to freelance and it often results in him guessing wrong. He wants the splash plays. He loves the attention. He guessed wrong a lot during the season exposing the edge. In this game, he could not get around Tunsil and was getting frustrated. He consistently tried to bullrush him with no luck. He routinely gets owned by the better LTs in the league.

I think Myles gets special treatment (which was Clowney's argument), then doesn't deliver when it matters most. Interesting that Clowney will get the last laugh.

And when he doesn't perform we have phantom shoulder pops and him dealing with personal issues to explain away poor performances in his pressers. Guy is as fragile as they come, both physically and mentally.

I really think Watt deserves DPOY. He was consistently better all season. The team lobbying for Myles was embarrassing.

I know Myles is royalty around here and above criticism by most. And I admit I am judging him harshly. And I admit I am judging him through way more of a harsher lense than maybe anyone else on the team, but that's the way it goes when you are supposed to be one of the best players in the league. And the leader of our D. Hell, Alex Wright was ripping into the team on the sidelines during the Texans game while Myles just stood there. If Myles could have gotten home just a couple of times in the first quarter it could have been a completely different game. As soon as Stroud realized he had no pressure and they caught Myles cheating inside, the defense literally had no chance. Our best player is supposed to play his best when it matters most.

I'm a fan, just not a big fan and have a lot of concerns for his perpetual decline late in seasons. As soon as the stats start dropping off, he presses and plays poorly.
Clooney may get the last laugh but then he hasn’t won anything either.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Bird

Clooney may get the last laugh but then he hasn’t won anything either.

Myles will actually get the last laugh. In the Hall of Fame while Clowney is seen as an underachieving journeyman that played on a couple good teams.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am getting a little tired of Myles. Great player, not maybe not a good team player.

I think he needs to stick more to the scheme and do a little less free lancing. I don't think the scheme is to allow him to crash inside without covering the edge. Defensive ends have edge setting responsibility in any D that actually works.

I think Clowney wasn't just spouting off. I remember reading something where Schwartz said he wants his D guarding against the run while getting to the QB.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Knight
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

And Nick Chubb.

I agree. We had a good year....just not the way we wanted it to end.

We're not excited. Been hearing it for 25 years and the results are always the same. Regardless of the injuries our roster is still as good as or better than Houstun's and to get blown out like that is an absolute embarassment.

You should post here more often.
I will Homer, just for you. smile

L
Legend
Legend
L
Agreed. We need to upgrade our WR room. Pronto.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Agreed. We need to upgrade our WR room. Pronto.

Agreed, as well.

But I'll also say at this point, there hasn't been an offseason since Andrew Berry's arrival when he hasn't aggressively gone after needs. If we dummies in the stands can see it, it's a sure bet that he sees it too.

Another part of the recent fun has been to track Berry's moves, and watch this team get built. I mean, look where we are- compared to 1-31. The Cleveland Browns are now a legitimate NFL team with a foundation, a nucleus of quality players, and a stable FO/Coaching Staff that I'd put up against any other in the league. This bodes pretty well for CLE's future, if our recent past is prologue.

Before this current regime took the reins, the Browns' offseason offered Browns fans two options:

1. Squandered 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft (a.k.a CLE fans' Super Bowl).
2. Drama and dysfunction at 76 Groza, leading to wholesale turnover at the top. Reset. Again.

As disappointed as I am to see this season end as it did, I'm already looking forward to seeing what we'll do in the next 4 months. CLE has built something... and now has something upon which to further build. Let's see what Berry/DePo/StefStaff do next. I can't freakkin' wait. His individual moves have sometimes/oftentimes surprised me, but when I take a drone's eye view from above weeks/months later, I can always see the logic.

Today, even after this weekend's loss, it's actually fun to be a Browns fan.
That's what the NFL experience is supposed to be.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
I am with you Clem.

It was a fun year and we do have a bright future.

The loss to the Texans was disappointing. I expected to win that game. The play of the defense was not expected. The truth was the defense played poorly on the road?

I don't have an answer for that. We gave up big plays? The one that Micah Parsons called out on Emerson was real. I don't see how he missed tackling that guy.

When we lost Dawand Jones. It opened the pass rush from both sides. Hudson and Christian as the tackles were open gates of entry.

The run game had ground down to a crawl.

The Texans deserve credit. But the defense did not adapt.

Flacco played well for us. However, turnovers were a problem in all his games. When the defense backed Flacco up we overcame the turnovers. One cannot expect that in the playoffs.

Now the off season begins. Berry has work to do. The 2024 roster will be different. All teams will change personnel.

The Texans will be a new problem in the AFC. CJ Stroud is the real deal and he has just begun.

Deshaun Watson is our quarterback and he will have to be great in order for the Browns to achieve success.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I certainly agree with the bulk of your post, I have to add something. Even when Baker was here under Stefanski we never had a huge "bottom" like 0-16 or 3-13 season. While we didn't make the playoffs every year we didn't suck. And that creates a scenario with which you can build on. A reason for optimism within the organization. Not so much among some fans as we saw but within the FO and coaching staff it's a foundation to work from. I think that helps create an atmosphere where people aren't fighting for their job. Where cohesion makes sense and pointing a finger doesn't.

It's much easier to pull together when things are going well or even coming together and improving. That's a much more difficult task when you are collapsing and desperate. If this team was having 3-14 or 3-15 seasons I think we would see people pointing fingers and playing the blame game. It's just the nature of the beast.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
so after a few days to reflect on our loss, I must say I'm slightly amused by all the talking heads and Browns writers being suprised by our loss. Like, did any of them actually watch the Browns play on the road this season? Our D was ranked nearly last on the road, so while I was disappointed, I wasn't all that shocked.

As for Myles, I'm guessing he was more hurt than he ever let on and that affected his play. He should sit out any Pro Bowl activities and start on rehabbing his shoulder.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree about Myles Ever since he hurt his shoulder he wasn’t the same player and that’s understandable. With all the injuries and turmoil because of it we were fortunate to have the record we had and make the playoffs. I don’t understand why others can’t see that. It was excellent coaching by the whole staff and a great team effort from the players that did it. Even with the loss we achieved something good this season and it should help moving forward.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/17/24 09:00 AM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Apparently it wasn’t excellent coaching by the whole staff.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Apparently the players didn't execute worth a damn. I guess they should have coached Falcco how not to throw int's and teach Newsome that he shouldn't blow coverages. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure they explained that to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The defensive failure in the Texan game is hard to explain.

The reason is there is no denying the discrepancy in the numbers at home versus on the road.

I guess you could say the crowd and home field advantage. But somehow I cannot buy that.

On offense it is easier to see the truth. Joe Flacco was a great story here however, maybe real Joe was what we ended with. Joe can throw it and look great at times. But Joe throws interceptions. We could have signed him way earlier. But there is good Joe and bad Joe. He showed us both sides.

The tackle play after the losses of Conklin, Wills and Jones finally became too much to overcome. Hudson and Christian were like broken gates.

Kareem is a single purpose back for short yardage and that is ok. Ford is not a replacement for Nick. He is not very good. We need a true number two receiver.

I come back to the defense because it failed so badly in that game. Losing Delpit, Thornhill and McLeod hurt. We were out of position at safety and the tackling was poor.
But that still does not answer for how we played defense in that game. The pass rush never really applied pressure.

I have to credit what the Texans did. They were ready for Myles. Well prepared for loops and stunts. There were quick plays to get the ball out. Traps in the run game.

We did not adapt in game to what they were doing? I expected the defense to play better. Giving up chunk plays was frustrating as hell.

In the end sometimes you play a bad game and it gets away from you. We just got beat. Nothing good to say about it.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
1. To me, the Browns were clearly lacking in the speed department - offensively and particularly on defense. The Texans were much faster on both sides of the ball. Playing on turf, that speed discrepancy was magnified. I think that lack of speed showed up in most of our road games and a big reason why the D was so inept on the road this season. See Rams, Colts, and Seahawks - even BAL.
2. The Texans watched tape on the beatdown the Browns put on them earlier in the year and game planned accordingly - both sides of the ball. Schwartz on record saying they would play as they always played on D - Single High safety, man up. That played to the Texans strength vs weakness - Stroud took advantage. Browns got away with that in 1st meeting because Keenum was QB. Same on O as they learned from 1st go round as well and planned accordingly. Shadow Cooper with Stingley, pressure Flacco. Good to go. We did not adjust and they did - game over, Johnny.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I guess they should have coached Falcco how not to throw int's

We got the Falco from the 1996 Sugar Bowl.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I guess they should have coached Falcco how not to throw int's

We got the Falco from the 1996 Sugar Bowl.

That was a brutal loss for Ohio State fans!

3 members like this: MemphisBrownie, FATE, Rishuz
M
Legend
Legend
M

L
Legend
Legend
L
Apparently the players didn't execute worth a damn. I guess they should have coached Falcco how not to throw int's and teach Newsome that he shouldn't blow coverages. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure they explained that to them.

I laughed out loud.

We were awful on defence and offence. Moreso the defence. Blaming coaches for that monstrosity of performance just doesn’t fit.

Last edited by lampdogg; 01/17/24 08:52 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

Clowney would be sitting on IR laughing. Myles has been playing injured since he felt the pop in his shoulder. He has been playing with one maybe 1 1/2 arms since then.Did you hear him make excuses.... Hell no. Did you hear him complain... HELL NO. He shut up, manned up and played every game, yet some folks want to bash him for it.

Unfreaking believable.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
3 members like this: PitDAWG, FATE, jfanent
R
Legend
Legend
R
He consistently made excuses since Denver when he got stonewalled by a decent, not great, Bolles. That’s when the phantom shoulder pop got introduced. Later it was because of some family stuff he was going through that he makes sure to tell the media instead of keeping private.

Guy fades at the end of every season. It is what it is.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe Myles needs a better strength and conditioning coach so he can finish the season better thumbsup

1 member likes this: FATE
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Gameday: Browns at Texans Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard