Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ah, the Tenth of a Trillion War Bill with the 14B attached to help fix the disaster?

I wonder if Republicans will ever get to see the text on this one? They've been asking for weeks.

Meanwhile, GOP lawmakers on the outside of the closed-door talks are growing restless without seeing the border deal in writing. Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., a voice critical of sending more aid to Ukraine, told reporters Monday that "we've had everybody tell us this is the best deal in the world, and nobody has seen a scrap of paper."

Stupid republicans... wanting to know what's actually in the bill before passing it?! The horror!!

P.S. I wonder if Biden's border-crisis-repair-plan will be called racist as well?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
So they're in a room negotiating all of this and have no idea what they're negotiating over? In your world that is a logical conclusion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Do you think they discussed all 84,000 pages yet?

Hasn't the length and the amount of b.s. being stuffed into these 'deals' been the subject of criticism for about 50 years now?

And what do you mean by "they're in a room"? These are closed door talks. Why is everyone on the outside of those doors getting piecemeal details?

How 'bout you hire me to 'fix the problems' with your house. It will be 50G and I won't tell you which problems I'll fix. Deal??

P
Legend
Legend
P
Before you start to mention just how much "BS is being stuffed into these bills" please remember that it was the republicans who decided to bundle Ukraine spending, Israel spending and the border into one giant package. That's just slightly more complicated than remodeling a home. Then you also don't have two contractors arguing over what is actually wrong with your home and which methods are best to fix it. So there's that.

And yes, they are having bipartisan, behind door talks to find something both parties can agree to. At that point everyone will see the agreement they reached, if they reach one. But as I've already shown you republicans don't want any kind of a deal because it might help Biden during an election year. You know, party over country.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Republican Rep. Troy Nehls of Texas told CNN this week. "I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man's dismal approval ratings. I'm not going to do it. Why would I?"

You've quoted him about 18 times in the last week. Is that what makes him "republicans"? The people digging the hole for the next goalpost would like to know. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, keep pretending he is the only one just because he messed up and said it out loud. If you actually believe that the only one you're fooling is yourself.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Soooo... DNA evidence to prove Biden family is corrupt.

Everything else, just cuz Pit said.

Got it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If there is some show it to us? So far Comer can't, even though he claims he has it. Are you this easily fooled all of the time? Try taking a look at what 05 has to say about his own personal experience dealing with Comer. They often times say that facts don't matter. In this instance with you the lack of facts doesn't seem to matter.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So, I should believe the Biden family is clean because 05 doesn't like Comer?

Seems legit.

You know why I still believe in Santa Claus?
Crop circles. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you're having trouble comprehending a pattern of behavior that has been going on for decades with comer. Nor can you seem to grasp the false accusations Comer has made during these hearings themselves. That's a you problem.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And of course there are those who don't care about the nations court system or their decisions. And it goes as far as defying the SCOTUS.....

Rep. Chip Roy calls on Texas to defy SCOTUS border ruling

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) called on Texas lawmakers Tuesday to ignore the Supreme Court ruling allowing the Biden administration to remove razor wire installed to prevent migrant crossings at the border.

The big picture: The Republican-led state and the federal government have been dueling over keeping razor wires and buoy barriers with blades along the Southern border as the U.S. sees a surge in the number of migrants attempting to enter the country.

What he's saying: Roy said on Fox News Tuesday that the state has a duty under the Constitution to protect its citizens.

"There is no exception to that," he said. "And if the Supreme Court wants to ignore that truth, which a slim majority did, Texas still had the duty, Texas leaders still have the duty, to defend their people."
Roy added, "It's like, if someone's breaking into your house, and the court says, 'Oh, sorry. You can't defend yourself.' What do you tell the court? You tell the court to go to hell, you defend yourself and then figure it out later."

Meanwhile, other Republican lawmakers in the state echoed their disdain at the decision.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday that the state's National Guard "continues to hold the line in Eagle Pass." and "Texas will not back down from our efforts to secure the border in Biden's absence."
He also affirmed a statement from the Texas Department of Public Safety that said the state "will maintain its current posture in deterring illegal border crossings by utilizing effective border security measures - reinforced concertina wire & anti-climb barriers along the Rio Grande."
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Tuesday that the decision makes him angry and accused President Biden of "deliberately, systematically" dismantling progress the state had made in securing the border.

Catch up quick: The Supreme Court on Monday granted the Biden administration's request to vacate an injunction in the case, clearing the way for Border Patrol to remove razor-wire barriers installed by the state along the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass.

The Department of Justice had filed a lawsuit against Texas over the barriers last year. Texas sued the Biden administration in December in an attempt to stop agents from removing them.
The Biden administration asked the Supreme Court earlier this month to grant an emergency motion allowing it to remove the wire.

Of note: A divided Supreme Court made Monday's ruling with Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito Jr., Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh dissenting.

Asked about the lack of an explanation in the brief order, Roy called on the two conservative justices who voted for it.
"I mean, I don't know. You gotta go talk to John Roberts, Amy Coney Barrett. There's no excuse for it," Roy said.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/23/ch...o24BuOAfcUgSK8QdRNLaGL9OYPKzwyZgXJcyIlww

Their desire to ignore the constitution and the rule of law is real. It starts at the head of the snake and works its way down.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Speaking of "Build that wall!" and grifters.....

Prosecutors rebut ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon's attempt to dismiss fraud charges

Bannon is accused of defrauding donors to the "We Build the Wall" campaign.

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's attempt to dismiss his fraud indictment in New York City "bears little resemblance to reality," Manhattan prosecutors said Tuesday in a new court filing.

Bannon, who helped run former President Donald Trump's campaign for part of the 2016 presidential race, is seeking to dismiss charges that he defrauded donors of the "We Build the Wall" online fundraising campaign that was supposed to raise money for Trump's signature domestic project.

Bannon has pleaded not guilty in the case. A trial is scheduled for May.

The Manhattan district attorney's office said Bannon defrauded donors to the nonprofit organization by falsely promising that none of the money they donated would be used to pay the salary of "We Build the Wall" president Brian Kolfage -- while Bannon secretly funneled hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage by laundering it through third-party entities.

The fundraising campaign represented that "We Build the Wall" would use the money to privately construct the wall along the southern boarder. Prosecutors said a "central piece of the public messaging in support of this fundraising effort was that Kolfage was not taking a penny of compensation."

Financial records show that Kolfage was paid according to a secret salary arrangement that included an upfront payment of $100,000 and monthly payments of approximately $20,000.

Prosecutors said that when Kolfage testified before a grand jury, he admitted to receiving those payments, but testified that he believed that he was being paid by a nonprofit organization controlled by Bannon, Citizens of the American Republic, instead of We Build the Wall.

Prosecutors allege that Bannon concealed his role in diverting some of the $15 million in donations toward Kolfage, pointing to messages they say show how the alleged scheme worked.

"People's presentation in the instant matter included ample evidence that was more than sufficient to support the grand jury's decision to vote the charges laid out in the indictment," prosecutors said in their opposition to Bannon's motion to dismiss.

Bannon has pleaded not guilty to charges of money laundering, conspiracy and scheming to defraud investors. He was initially indicated on federal charges, but received a pardon from then-President Trump on Trump's final night in office.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/prosecuto...sg07934k4FigBKDlmup1rkKM95xANhARQRmxBPyg

Let me guess. Next we'll be hearing it's a political witch hunt and the minions will believe it...... again.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Well I read the summary of the study you posted. I take it you posted it to show everyone that immigrants are no more likely to be criminals than us gringoes. After reading it something did not sit right. Something was missing. So I read it again. Light went off. Missing from the entire piece was the word illegal. These folks were studying criminal activity of either legal immigrants only or an unknown mix of immigrants here legally and illegally. That’s a problem isn’t it since I am pretty sure everyone on here expressing problems with what is going on at the border are concerned with illegal immigration. Not legal immigration.

Problem with data and conclusions drawn from it are simple. People who come here legally, go thru the process and are thoroughly vetted. Long criminal records need not apply. So the likelihood is that the legal immigrants do not commit much crime. What folks want to know is how much crime is committed by illegals in this country. Which is just what the lefties don't want Americans to know. Which is why the feds make it very difficult to obtain info about the number of crimes being committed by illegals. But I am certain that you can get that for us.

However, they cannot hide everything and some stuff just slips out. So for example, I saw this data in 2015 and it was from the most recent year data was available then, 2009. At that time the state of California ( states are not as good at hiding info from us as the feds) had about 200,000 prisoners in their state and local prisons. According to the states report sent to the feds, they were housing 102,000 illegal aliens in the prisons. Cost to the taxpayer for imprisonment of those illegals… $1,000,000,000 annually.

So really this report you posted does not add much. And while I do not know these guys I would bet they are lefties who just love open borders.

2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wow. Yep. It's all based on census data (LEGAL immigrants) and the study is through 2020.

So basically not even a pertinent part of this conversation. Just another faux outrage shell game.

Here's the actual study:

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w31440/w31440.pdf

O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe you brainiacs should consider the term UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS. ‘Illegals’ is a dehumanizing term for knuckle draggers and fascist leaders who think undocumented immigrants have no right to exist, let alone be here. I doubt many educated people doing a study would label or call them illegals.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/24/24 10:45 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Maybe you brainiacs should consider the term UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS. ‘Illegals’ is a dehumanizing term for knuckle draggers and fascist leaders who think undocumented immigrants have no right to exist, let alone be here. I doubt many educated people doing a study would label or call them illegals.

Nope, they are here illegally. Not gonna pussyfoot about language to avoid hurting libtard feelings. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS who are here ILLEGALLY.

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Nope, they are here illegally. Not gonna pussyfoot about language to avoid hurting libtard feelings. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS who are here ILLEGALLY.

As if you think I would ever expect you to act with class.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Whats wrong, those words too strong for you? Or are you just allergic to the truth? And I don’t talk in memes and gifs, if you want to say something snarky, say it. I don’t care what you call me, think of me, or say to me. I know who I am and what I think. I also know in all things regardingTrump, I am correct and on the right side of History.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/24/24 11:14 PM.
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

E
Legend
Legend
E
Whats wrong, those words too strong for you? Or are you just allergic to the truth? And I don’t talk in memes and gifs, if you want to say something snarky, say it. I don’t care what you call me, think of me, or say to me. I know who I am and what I think. I also know in all things regardingTrump, I am correct and on the right side of History.

You post that after your feelings get hurt by the truth? ILLEGALS ARE HERE ILLEGALLY. HENCE THE LABEL. You might want to read your signature.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Speaking of sigs, you misspelled class.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Libtards are always getting their feelings hurt. This is like when they cancelled the term "looting" in favor of "smash and grab". They cant handle the truth, they just relabel it to make themselves feel better.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Eve, you couldn’t hurt my feelings on your best day, take your L and go to bed.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/24 12:19 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Your feelings have been hurt all along.

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He comes in here crying because we won't call them "undocumented", then says his feeling aren't hurt.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
So, I should believe the Biden family is clean because 05 doesn't like Comer?

Seems legit.

You know why I still believe in Santa Claus?
Crop circles. thumbsup

No, certainly not. You should believe the Biden Family is clean because there hasn't been any proof to the contrary. You wanna know how I know that there hasn't been proof? That's easy, if there was, Comer and Jordan would already have brought charges and attempted to impeach him.. All they've done so far is create the appearance of wrongdoing. No actual wrongdoing.

I don't believe in Santa or Crop circles either,,,,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"Create the appearance of wrongdoing" rofl

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

[Linked Image from wp.nysun.com]

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"It's all a facade!"

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just another faux outrage shell game.

Yes, the same fax outrage shell game you displayed when you started this thread and have continued to do in it ever since.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
"It's all a facade!"

Thus far anything connecting to Joe Biden has been. And somehow you think some chart made up with no documentation to back it up means something. No wonder you're so easily led astray.

Nothing about Chip Roy telling Abbott to ignore the SCOTUS ruling? I didn't think so.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No documentation??

rofl

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"It's all a facade!"

Thus far anything connecting to Joe Biden has been. And somehow you think some chart made up with no documentation to back it up means something. No wonder you're so easily led astray.

Nothing about Chip Roy telling Abbott to ignore the SCOTUS ruling? I didn't think so.

Now you're outraged because someone says the ruling is b.s.?

I'm excited to see Team Biden there cutting out the wire... every snip = 1000 less votes. When is that charade going to start? Still sharpening their scissors??

P
Legend
Legend
P
No documentation??

rofl

Connecting it top Joe Biden? No, none. And actually all you presented was some chart created by Republicans and nothing more.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you won't address the fact that a Senator Chip Roy is telling the governor of Texas to defy the SCOTUS ruling. Exactly as I had thought. That dodge ball game of yours is still strong.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No documentation??

rofl

Connecting it top Joe Biden? No, none. And actually all you presented was some chart created by Republicans and nothing more.

You missed the conversation again (and again, and again, and again)...

Originally Posted by Damanshot
You should believe the Biden Family is clean

P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't outrage me. Actually I find you quite amusing. Do you think I take you seriously? rofl

You're giving yourself far too much credit. But there's a lot of that going around these days.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So some Republican made chart is your evidence? Sometimes I don't even think you believe yourself.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yet another example of trump only caring about himself

Trump Privately Pressuring GOP Senators To ‘Kill’ Border Deal To Deny Biden A Win
Jennifer Bendery, Igor Bobic
Wed, January 24, 2024 at 7:38 PM EST·4 min read

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump on Wednesday privately pressured Senate Republicans to “kill” a bipartisan deal to secure the U.S. border because he doesn’t want President Joe Biden to chalk up a win ahead of the 2024 presidential election, according to a source familiar with the tenuous negotiations on the package.

Trump directly reached out to several GOP senators on Wednesday to tell them to reject any deal, said this source, who requested anonymity to speak freely. The GOP presidential frontrunner also personally reached out to some Senate Republicans over the weekend, the source told HuffPost.

“Trump wants them to kill it because he doesn’t want Biden to have a victory,” said the source. “He told them he will fix the border when he is president… He said he only wants the perfect deal.”

Trump’s meddling generated an “emotional” discussion in a closed door meeting between Senate Republicans on Wednesday, as senators vented their frustrations for hours about the largely secret negotiations over emergency aid for Ukraine, Israel and immigration. The conference is splintering into two camps: those who believe Republicans should take the deal, and those who are opposed at any cost.

“The rational Republicans want the deal because they want Ukraine and Israel and an actual border solution,” said the source. “But the others are afraid of Trump, or they’re the chaos caucus who never wants to pass anything.”

“They’re having a little crisis in their conference right now,” the source added.

A bipartisan group of senators has been working for months to craft a border deal, and Trump has made it no secret that he opposes it. Last Wednesday, he wrote on Truth Social, his conservative social media site, “I do not think we should do a Border Deal, at all, unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions and Millions of people.”

What’s different now, though, is that Trump, who appears to have the GOP presidential nomination locked up, is now directly telling GOP senators to oppose any deal. His meddling has left their conference in even more disarray than it was already in, and a potential border deal in limbo

Donald Trump is privately telling Senate Republicans to kill a bipartisan deal to secure the U.S. border because he doesn’t want President Joe Biden to chalk up a win ahead of the 2024 presidential election.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) demurred when asked if he thinks it’s constructive for Trump to tell Republicans not to make any border deals.

“I could probably go through any number of things that Biden is saying that are not constructive when he’s on the campaign trail, but that’s the nature of campaigns,” Tillis said. “So I’m not going to criticize President Trump or his positions.”

But, bucking Trump, he said he supported passing the bipartisan border deal, which Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) has been working on with Democrats.

“Based on what I’ve seen and based on the work that James Lankford has put in, it goes far enough for me,” said Tillis. “If anyone’s intellectually honest with themselves, they all know these would be extraordinary tools for President Trump.”

During Wednesday’s meeting, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) referenced comments Trump made as president in 2018 about the difficulty of getting Democrats to agree to changes to immigration laws. McConnell, who is no fan of Trump, was making the case that Republicans should agree to a border deal now, since the likelihood of Democrats potentially cutting a deal with Trump in the White House again would be highly unlikely.

At the meeting, senators also viewed footage of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) making a prophetic warning about Russia’s designs on Europe after Vladimir Putin ordered an invasion of Crimea in 2014 — a bid by Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho) to build support for Ukraine aid.

Tillis, who is an advocate of aid to Ukraine, told HuffPost there is “a general consensus in the majority of our conference that we need to support Ukraine.”

He warned what it would mean if the U.S. gives up on Ukraine: “This won’t take decades to regret. This will be in a matter of years. People who choose to ultimately exit Ukraine, if they are successful, for as long as I am breathing, I will remind them of the consequences I am convinced we will have to live through.”

Multiple senators described the meeting as a healthy airing of views, but none believed that it changed any minds.

“I don’t think Russia’s going to keep going,” Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.), said when asked about the dangers of abandoning Ukraine.

“They have fought for two years just to try to get 50 miles in Ukraine. How in the hell are they going to go to Poland, Sweden, keep going through Europe?” he wondered. “That’s not going to happen.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-privately-pressuring-gop-senators-003824529.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Before you start to mention just how much "BS is being stuffed into these bills" please remember that it was the republicans who decided to bundle Ukraine spending, Israel spending and the border into one giant package. That's just slightly more complicated than remodeling a home. Then you also don't have two contractors arguing over what is actually wrong with your home and which methods are best to fix it. So there's that.

And yes, they are having bipartisan, behind door talks to find something both parties can agree to. At that point everyone will see the agreement they reached, if they reach one. But as I've already shown you republicans don't want any kind of a deal because it might help Biden during an election year. You know, party over country.

Leading the talks is Republican from Oklahoma James Lankford-
“There are some hard issues that are still on the table," Lankford said Wednesday afternoon after giving Senate Republicans an update on talks at a lunch meeting. “But I think we’ve got serious people on all sides … trying to figure out how to resolve these.”

Lankford is working with Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, I-Ariz., and top White House staff to try and hammer out a solution to toughen asylum laws and restrict parole authorities for immigration cases. In addition, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have gotten involved in the talks, along with the Department of Homeland Security, sources with knowledge said.

And they will come to an agreement and it will die in the house. There is no way that johnson brings this up for a vote-just by chance that you get some dems and repubs vote together to pass this. johnson is not going to cross his leader-in an election year.

President Biden did say a couple days ago that both sides are negotiating in good faith on the senate side and they framework of the bill is something he would sign.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall some more!

Link Copied to Clipboard