Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Why would we do that?? A definition of alien is “someone who resides in a country not of one’s birth, without proper documentation. That describes them to a “t”! And they are here illegally hence the term illegal alien. Calling them undocumented anything seems to me to imply they need to be documented. They don’t. We need to keep doing what Biden is doing loading them onto buses. But instead of running them into American communities and becoming an expense to American taxpayers, we point the buses due south and take them back where they came from. In the case of illegals crossing from Iran, Russia, China etc we take them to a port in Mexico and let them find their way home. These people are not American citizens and they do not have a right to be here.

It is time America took charge of its borders and Americans have a say in who is allowed into our country.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should brush up on how the asylum system works. And maybe you should understand the back back log there are in those cases. And how hard Biden has tried to get funding for more immigration judges and increased border agents while Republicans have refused to fund those things.

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum.Oct 6, 2023

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

What your ilk refuses to understand that even when they cross the border illegally the moment they apply for asylum they are then legally granted a hearing. Those hearings are backlogged for two years as it stands now and Republicans refuse to fund more immigration judges.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Maybe you brainiacs should consider the term UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS. ‘Illegals’ is a dehumanizing term for knuckle draggers and fascist leaders who think undocumented immigrants have no right to exist, let alone be here. I doubt many educated people doing a study would label or call them illegals.

The term is actually illegal aliens. I get what you're saying (dehumanizing might be a little dramatic), but at the end of the day crossing the border illegally means they are here illegally. The manner in which they cross the border involves breaking law(s) no different than a thief stealing from a store. People who steal from a grocery store due to food insecurity are still shoplifters, regardless of how we feel about the context.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Illegally until the moment they apply for asylum. I don't think a shoplifter can apply for asylum so it is a much different situation. It is true that they crossed the border illegally. But once they apply for asylum they have a legal right to a hearing.

This system is broken and laws need to be changed. But in this case, due to some pretty crazy laws, they are here illegally until the moment they aren't. But that doesn't sound like something anyone would actually own up to when trying to sow political division.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
“My ilk” explained on here in a conversation with you how to deal with asylum seekers. Go and review it. Biden could do it all if he wanted to control the border.

People wading across the rio grande, cutting holes in walls and digging under fences are not asylum seekers. They are lawbreakers.

I know you really do not care but dealing with this problem is not all that hard. As I said above if you come in between ports of entry you are loaded up immediately and taken back from whence they came. For those who apply properly for asylum, first under no circumstances are they released into our country . They are detained or remain in Mexico. Second we hire as many asylum referees as necessary to staff hundreds at each port. Asylum requests are adjudicated within 48 hours. Since about 90% of asylum requests are denied most of those folks will be sent packing within 2-3 days. As the likelihood of getting released into America for anyone who show up at the border goes away, the mass draw to our border will be eliminated .

Our first goal should be to get it down to the levels we saw during Trump administration. Your know maybe .5 million per year. But that would just be the start. Eventually our border would be an orderly well maintained border. Then we start working on the 25 million or so in the country illegally.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Biden does not have the authority to rewrite immigration law. I know you want to support a dictator to be commander in chief but that's actually not how changing laws work. The only way he would have the power to do that would be under a national health emergency. You know, like when covid was killing all those people. No amount of wrangling can change that.

Congress writes the law.

You claim 25 million are here illegally. How many of that 25 million have applied for asylum? Because for those who have they're here legally pending an asylum hearing. Entering the country illegally isn't the same as being here illegally once they apply for asylum. You may not like that and I may not like that but that's the way the law is at the present time. But I do understand you don't wish to address that.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pat attention. Your "ilk" isn't trying to solve or fix anything at the border because trump has spoken......

GOP senators seethe as Trump blows up delicate immigration compromise

Now, Republicans on Capitol Hill are grappling with the reality that most in the GOP are loathe to do anything that is seen as potentially undermining the former president – and coming to terms with the fact that Trump is likely going to be their party’s standard bearer.

“I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump. And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is is really appalling,” said GOP Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah, who has been an outspoken critic of Trump.

He added, “But the reality is that, that we have a crisis at the border, the American people are suffering as a result of what’s happening at the border. And someone running for president not to try and get the problem solved. as opposed to saying, ‘hey, save that problem. Don’t solve it. Let me take credit for solving it later.’”

GOP Sen. Todd Young of Indiana expressed concern over the idea of the border deal being scrapped for political reasons, saying: “I hope no one is trying to take this away for campaign purposes.”

“I would encourage (Senate GOP negotiators) James Lankford and other conservatives to produce a work product with which they will shortly allow conservatives like myself to review it and take heart that there are a number of us who won’t be looking to third parties and assessing the propriety of passing this bipartisan proposal,” Young said.

It’s an all-too-familiar dynamic for the Republicans who served while Trump was in office, where he could easily derail legislative action on Capitol Hill with the blast of a single tweet or stir up a new controversy that Republicans were forced to respond to. And with Trump now marching toward the presidential nomination, Republicans are once again bracing for life with him as the nominee.

GOP Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina – who has also been involved in the talks – said he didn’t know if anyone could convince Trump to not kill the deal. But he acknowledged that it would take some “courage” for members to be able to press ahead at this point in defiance of Trump – though Tillis argued it would ultimately be beneficial for Trump for them to pass a border security deal.

“I think this is when members of the Senate have to show some courage and do something that at the end of the day will be very helpful for President Trump,” Tillis said.

Asked whether it was a mistake for Trump to be assailing this deal, Tillis said: “I’ll leave it to him to figure out how he needs to get into office. I hope you’ll leave it to some of us who would support that effort to give him the tools he needs to really manage the border and the abuse and the dangerous situation we have today.”

For his part, McConnell – who has had zero relationship with Trump since the January 6, 2021, Capitol attack – downplayed Trump’s opposition saying, “It’s not anything new,” and insisting they were not abandoning the talks.

“We’re still working,” McConnell said. “Trying to get an outcome.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/politics/gop-senators-angry-trump-immigration-deal/index.html

These are not Democrats saying these things. Trump doesn't want the border fixed until he becomes president and can take credit for it. Power and ego over country.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
You do not need to rewrite immigration law. You don’t need to pass new laws. Biden can do what is necessary to begin bringing the American under control. First end catch and release. A really dumb idea. Second, reinstate remain in Mexico policy. Third get back to work on the wall. If they haven’t sold the material for pennies on the dollar we can get started pretty quickly. Those things worked before and they will work now. You may not like it but they will. Quit making it more complicated than necessary.

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, bottom line: The border IS insecure, and in crisis. Biden couldn't fix it, trump didn't, Obama didn't, etc.

What is this new "fix"?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump used emergency Covid restrictions which was legal and was helpful but have expired as Covid is no longer a national health emergency. And I think you are missing something very critical here. A president can not "fix the border". People such as Keith keep acting as if a president has the power to magically change everything which they certainly do not.

The "fix" is what is being attempted to be done now. Both parties sit down and figure out a new bipartisan immigration proposal and present it to congress. Only congress has the power to change and approve such changes in our immigration laws. The GOP wouldn't be engaged in trying to reach such a deal with the Biden administration and put such a bill before congress if congress weren't in charge of immigration laws.

This actually has nothing to do with " Biden couldn't fix it, trump didn't, Obama didn't, etc." It has to do with congress hasn't fixed it. And as I've shown above, trump is telling them not to try and fix it until he has a chance to become president. And those quotes in the article are those of Republican law makers. Not democrats or the liberal news media as some always try to suggest.

Somehow people have been convinced that immigration law and fixing that is in the hands of whoever happens to be president at the moment which is far from the truth. Only congress can write laws. Anyone suggesting otherwise is proposing that the measure of checks and balances written into the constitution no longer exist. And some seem to support that idea.

Edit to add; And of course there is a crisis at the border. There has been for decades. The numbers are worse and that brings it to everyone's attention and focus even more.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 01/25/24 04:37 PM.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Are you serious??? The difference between the border under Trump and the border under Biden is like the difference in watching nfl football and watching high school football. Biden has destroyed border security and the lefties in his administration do not care. Do what Trump did and we can eliminate the chaos going on now.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Edit to add; And of course there is a crisis at the border. There has been for decades. The numbers are worse and that brings it to everyone's attention and focus even more.

That's what I was saying. And I'll also say this: It won't be fixed until it's too late. Might be too late now.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Are you serious??? The difference between the border under Trump and the border under Biden is like the difference in watching nfl football and watching high school football. Biden has destroyed border security and the lefties in his administration do not care. Do what Trump did and we can eliminate the chaos going on now.

Yes, I'm serious. No one is going to fix it. Hasn't been 'fixed' in how long?

P
Legend
Legend
P
How is that? Why would you think it "Might be too late now"? Too late for what?

It surely isn't helping matters that trump is telling the GOP not to get a deal done as long as Biden is president.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trump used emergency Covid restrictions which was legal and was helpful but have expired as Covid is no longer a national health emergency. And I think you are missing something very critical here. A president can not "fix the border". People such as Keith keep acting as if a president has the power to magically change everything which they certainly do not.

The "fix" is what is being attempted to be done now. Both parties sit down and figure out a new bipartisan immigration proposal and present it to congress. Only congress has the power to change and approve such changes in our immigration laws. The GOP wouldn't be engaged in trying to reach such a deal with the Biden administration and put such a bill before congress if congress weren't in charge of immigration laws.

This actually has nothing to do with " Biden couldn't fix it, trump didn't, Obama didn't, etc." It has to do with congress hasn't fixed it. And as I've shown above, trump is telling them not to try and fix it until he has a chance to become president. And those quotes in the article are those of Republican law makers. Not democrats or the liberal news media as some always try to suggest.

Somehow people have been convinced that immigration law and fixing that is in the hands of whoever happens to be president at the moment which is far from the truth. Only congress can write laws. Anyone suggesting otherwise is proposing that the measure of checks and balances written into the constitution no longer exist. And some seem to support that idea.

Why are you lying? The President absolutely does have the power to set and change border policy. I know it's inconvienent for libtards, but here is a sample of what Biden has done: https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
First try finding out the difference between what an executive order is and immigration laws are and then get back to me. Which means nobody lied about only congress having the authority to write immigration laws. But I wouldn't expect a repugnantcan to know the difference when they like to point fingers first and learn something later to know the difference. If they even bother to learn anything.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Eve and Fate won this thread. Those in charge can end it now. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
Considering the source I'll take that as a compliment since you obviously have no clue what you're talking about, ever. So explain then how a president can write and pass laws? Explain how the constitustion says only congress can do that? Or have you ever read the constitution? Oh that's right, you support a man who doesn't believe in the constitution. Case closed.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
First try finding out the difference between what an executive order is and immigration laws are and then get back to me. Which means nobody lied about only congress having the authority to write immigration laws. But I wouldn't expect a repugnantcan to know the difference when they like to point fingers first and learn something later to know the difference. If they even bother to learn anything.

So, youre trying to say that those dozens of Biden executive orders changing border policy to weaken border policy had no effect on border policy because they are not laws? Stop lying.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I of course can already tell you haven't bothered to look up the difference between what an executive order and passing laws are or the fact that the constitution plainly states that only congress can pass laws.

I said and I'll say it again. Our immigration system is broken. The laws need to be revised and our immigration laws need to be changed. Only congress has the power to do that. Everything that seeks to undermine that or act like that isn't true is nothing more than white noise and doesn't change those facts.

I didn't expect you to learn anything and as it turns out you have once again met my expectations.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The SCOTUS has ruled. Are you saying they should ignore the highest court in the land which has the final say in this country? It would come as no surprise if you did. The governor of Texas is not above the SCOTUS. But then when you have a group that ignores the constitution and the law of the land it comes as no surprise. And BTW- it's a SCOTUS with a conservative majority. When you don't like the outcome you don't even care if the people making the decision are on your side.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I of course can already tell you haven't bothered to look up the difference between what an executive order and passing laws are or the fact that the constitution plainly states that only congress can pass laws.

I said and I'll say it again. Our immigration system is broken. The laws need to be revised and our immigration laws need to be changed. Only congress has the power to do that. Everything that seeks to undermine that or act like that isn't true is nothing more than white noise and doesn't change those facts.

I didn't expect you to learn anything and as it turns out you have once again met my expectations.

Stop lying dude. Biden has destructively changed border policy resulting in a massive influx of illegals. Sticking your fingers in your ears saying lalalalala out of one side of your mouth while lying out of the other side of your mouth isnt going to change the facts.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
E
Legend
Legend
E
The SCOTUS has ruled. Are you saying they should ignore the highest court in the land which has the final say in this country? It would come as no surprise if you did. The governor of Texas is not above the SCOTUS. But then when you have a group that ignores the constitution and the law of the land it comes as no surprise. And BTW- it's a SCOTUS with a conservative majority. When you don't like the outcome you don't even care if the people making the decision are on your side.

Texas is going to do what they want to do and I support them. Biden Admin including SCOTUS has their head in the sand.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you think that immigration law as written is fine? That congress shouldn't change them? Nobody lied. Only congress can write laws.

Will that help it sink in a little bit? I doubt it. You just keep screaming stupidity.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, Abbott won't "do what he wants to do". I know in the repugantcan world you think that's how things work, "I'll do what i want". but we are supposedly a nation of laws. Somehow you think that all changed once trump showed up.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
So you think that immigration law as written is fine? That congress shouldn't change them? Nobody lied. Only congress can write laws.

Will that help it sink in a little bit? I doubt it. You just keep screaming stupidity.

I never said Congress shouldnt change the laws. But you certainly said the President has no power over immigration policy.

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/

These dozens of Executive Orders mean you should stop lying.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, I said the president can't change or write immigration laws. If I said what you claim then quote me on that. And good luck BTW. Now you're just making BS up.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
No, I said the president can't change or write immigration laws. If I said what you claim then quote me on that. And good luck BTW. Now you're just making BS up.

You said exactly what I said you said. Biden has most definitely changed immigration policy and you keep lying about it.

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In Biden’s first 100 days in office, he took more than 94 executive actions on immigration. He reversed nearly every Trump era order.

Biden has taken 535 immigration actions over his first three years, most of them widening the red carpet.

He owns the biggest border disaster in the history of America Earth.

Pit: "He can't do anything about it... Congress!!"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Explain how the constitustion says only congress can do that?

I got just the guy for the job.
Meet my friend, William.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
He comes in here crying because we won't call them "undocumented", then says his feeling aren't hurt.

Wrong, I said it’s not right to call them that (Illegals) and only a loser would do it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/24 09:29 PM.
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cool story. We'll let you know when the world, DT, or even your basement becomes a place where another human gives any credence to who you consider 'winners' and 'losers'.

Pro tip: Don't hold your breath.

O
Legend
Legend
O
LMFAO@GOPers

So Trump kills a Senate border deal that gives Senate GOPers everything they asked for and Romney told the world! You can’t make this crap up! Straight told America Trump would rather blame Biden then fix it! The PATHETIC DUPES got rolled by big orange again! The Orange Ass Clown Party! That’s some dictator crap there, screw the people, take care of me me me! OMG, comedians couldn’t write it this well.

EDIT: Trump won’t be happy until he has the right wearing his brand of swastika and killing fellow Americans. Hard to believe anyone following him would have a problem woth that personally.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/24 09:46 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Cool story. We'll let you know when the world, DT, or even your basement becomes a place where another human gives any credence to who you consider 'winners' and 'losers'.

Pro tip: Don't hold your breath.

Pro tip in return: read the sig.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

You said exactly what I said you said. Biden has most definitely changed immigration policy and you keep lying about it.

You're lying and obviously can't back up your lie. A president can't write or pass immigration laws. That's what I've said all along and you don't have anything other than your trumpian style lies to indicate otherwise.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pit: "He can't do anything about it... Congress!!"

So now you wish to join into the liars club. I said no president can write or pass immigration laws. I considered you above Eve. But now you've taken to her lying ways. Birds of a feather.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So Biden can't do anything about the border catastrophe with executive orders?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your so called quote was a direct lie and you know it. But I didn't expect you to take ownership of that. Of course presidents can write executive orders but they can not overhaul the immigration laws. The numbers were already trending up before Biden took office as your own chart indicated. But his executive orders certainly helped exasperate the situation. Passing new immigration laws to stop leaving so much ambiguity in our immigration laws would help prevent such things in the future. Hopefully it would be written in a manner to stop future presidents from separating children from their parents as well.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's not a "direct lie". It's the excuse you use in every conversation about the border. Instead of manning up and admitting Biden created this disaster, you point at Trump and congress. It's Pitiful. You, and the left, spent three years saying there was no problem, now you want to dance around it and point at someone else.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall some more!

Link Copied to Clipboard