Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
How the world has changed--not really. Read this quote and tell me who comes to mind. Here's the quote- shipped a few lines in front----"When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

― Alexander Hamilton, one of our Founding Fathers

Seems they had their own Trumps back in the 1700s

Who can find others--and don't just beat up on Republicans---I'm sure other parties are involved-- how can you tell when a politician is lying--when their lips move.
The world turns and most things don't change.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

Martin Luther King Jr

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then I despair... I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love has always won. There have been murderers and tyrants, and for a time they can seem invincible. But in the end they always fall. Think of it always. Andre Malrau

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.
Larry Flynt

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.
Larry Flynt

There's nothing more political than sex. The church has had its hand on our crotch for more than 2,000 years, and the government is moving in that direction.
Larry Flynt

The right-wing of the Republican party isn't so much a political agenda as a plea for help.
Larry Flynt

Flynt may have been a smut peddler but he wasn't stupid.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Would NEVER had thought a smut peddler would be quoted--- and somewhat well--no he wasn't dumb, just like someone who was elected President- just ask him.

An outsiders view--with some commentary-- The United States brags about its political system, but the President says one thing during the election, something else when he takes office, something else at midterm and something else when he leaves. Communist Chinese Leader Deng Xiaoping

Funny and sad- the commie has American politics pretty well captured- politicians need to get elected, then they do part of what they promised, they normally make sure to enrich themselves, and they constantly work to make sure they are re-elected. I love the idea of term limits-- 2 four year terms and you're done. Never happen.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with you right up to expecting politicians to do what they said. At least in regards to the president. We should expect them to do their very best to accomplish what they campaigned on. What I think people boast most about with our government is the system of checks and balances. Which to a great degree I approve of. But not so long ago there was the art of compromise which made it possible to find a middle ground that was best for all Americans. Government still often times moved slowly but at least it moved. And I believe that is how it was intended to work. Slowly and deliberately.

Now, what was intended as checks and balances to accomplish compromise are being used as political weapons to make sure their political opponents can accomplish nothing and then point the finger at their opponents pointing out how they accomplished nothing. And it's not a one sided thing by any means. I seem to differ from a lot of people. I don't believe our forefathers could see into the future. I don't believe they had any idea how things would evolve in technology or how politicians in the future would dissect every word of that document they wrote in order to serve themselves or bring our government to a dead stop. In many ways I think a lot of what we are seeing today has no resemblance in comparison to how this nation would look moving forward according to their vision when they wrote the Constitution.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Agree. Many things our Founding Fathers never expected- assault rifles and right to bare arms- hunters. Politics has and hasn't changed. Another one from "not the distant past"

"The polarization of Congress; the decline of civility; and the rise of attack politics in the 1980s, the 1990s, and the early years of the new century are a blot on our political system and a disservice to the American people." Republican Senator Edward Brooke

Civility and compromise- lost arts which need to be rediscovered.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not one to really be against the right to bear arms. I hunted extensively when I was younger. I own several firearms. But at the same time I'm not an extremist. I do believe in sensible gun laws but think in most cases both sides take things to the extreme. But that's all I will say on that matter in this thread about it because I don't think this is the proper thread for a discussion on firearms.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Your next President:

[Linked Image from cdn.theatlantic.com]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Every moment spent wishing the past were different is a wasted moment.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It wouldn't surprise me if you help try to help elect him Criminal in Chief.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I’m not sure why Goper’s want a president that can only serve one term? Oh wait. Nevermind. I forgot they want their dictator.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Here is another quote about America we should heed---“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
― Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if Lincoln saw the future where a large portion of the country follows - a man three time married, who brags about abusing women, who has been sued over 4,000 times, who settled a 35 million dollar Trump University suit, a leader who watched the Capital be attacked and did nothing, a man who stated he's never asked God for forgiveness, because he has no reason to ask for forgiveness- and he has no favorite Bible quotes- but loves the Bible---he's a former President who only wants to be a Dictator for one day--in one day he'd finish the war in Ukraine and enslave all his opponents---just the guy we need to lead us. ANYONE but Trump.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I’m not sure why Goper’s want a president that can only serve one term? Oh wait. Nevermind. I forgot they want their dictator.

He supports the 2nd amendment more than the current sitting president, yet you call him a dictator. The math doesn't add up with that one.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That doesn't make any sense.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by hitt
Here is another quote about America we should heed---“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
― Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if Lincoln saw the future where a large portion of the country follows - a man three time married, who brags about abusing women, who has been sued over 4,000 times, who settled a 35 million dollar Trump University suit, a leader who watched the Capital be attacked and did nothing, a man who stated he's never asked God for forgiveness, because he has no reason to ask for forgiveness- and he has no favorite Bible quotes- but loves the Bible---he's a former President who only wants to be a Dictator for one day--in one day he'd finish the war in Ukraine and enslave all his opponents---just the guy we need to lead us. ANYONE but Trump.

All hegemonic decline comes from within. It happened with Rome, Mongolia, Ottoman. All of them. We are surely following in their trend from having those in power seeking feverishly to better the state to having those in power seeking feverishly to better themselves.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It is bad enough to have anyone even being considered for public office who is a traitor to the Constitution, a convicted rapist, convicted fraud, and thief of government documents.

What is worse are the people who support him. All that is required of them is to look at the facts. Not partisan reports. The pure facts stated in hearings by republicans.

Listen to those who he appointed to office and what they say Now.

Anyone who cannot see that he is a criminal and a "want to be dictator." Needs only to open their eyes to the truth.

"Truth is the taboo word of trump." quote from me.

Last edited by bonefish; 01/24/24 07:57 PM.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by bonefish
It is bad enough to have anyone even being considered for public office who is a traitor to the Constitution, a convicted rapist, convicted fraud, and thief of government documents.

What is worse are the people who support him. All that is required of them is to look at the facts. Not partisan reports. The pure facts stated in hearings by republicans.

Listen to those who he appointed to office and what they say Now.

Anyone who cannot see that he is a criminal and a "want to be dictator." Needs only to open their eyes to the truth.

"Truth is the taboo word of trump." quote from me.

Sir, you are brainwashed by your hate and "National Media."

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
At least he has a brain to wash. Your trump lust proves your lack of something to wash.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
You are blind to the facts.

trump U fraud -- proven convicted.

NY fraud -- proven convicted.

E Jean Carroll --- proven convicted.

Stolen document case - pending trial. clear and easy conviction coming

Georgia case - "just find me the votes"

jan 6th - treason with a fake electors scheme to steal an election that was proven in court as valid.

You sir are in blind denial to facts and the truth.

You are in a cult Jan 6th proves that.

Legend
Legend
Interesting that you would use the word "hate."

trump stands for hate and violence. The people killed and injured Jan 6th were the result of trump trying to illegally remain in power.

He tried to invalidate millions of people who cast their vote.

He sat on his fat ass while the Halls of Congress were attacked and people were being killed and assaulted.

He lied to the citizens of the US about covid because he did not want it to reflect upon his failure as a leader. Deaths of citizens could have been avoided while he told people "it will all go away when it gets warm."

He adores Putin and Kim Jong Un brutal dictators responsible for thousands of deaths. He was quoted about the letter he received from Un "love at first sight."
He denied US intel and believes Putin.

You have the audacity to say "my hate for trump." When this orange brat has spit on this country and it's people trying to stay in power.

Open your eyes and ears to the facts.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Jim is a troll. Much like 40. Likely he’s just 40, regurgitated. I shouldn’t have responded to it. I’d encourage you to just ignore it too. The less the trolls are fed the better the board is to visit.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
“Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Jim, it's interesting to note that nobody mentioned Trump, but you saw something in the quotes that remind you of the former Liar in Chief.

Voting for Trump is just like voting for Hitler. If you want, then do so, but do so at your own peril...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I will not tolerate bs from trump backers.

I want him to understand that. Him and 40 represent a vocal minority who fit the category of what trump likes "I love the uneducated."

trump will be a convicted felon. He is an embarrassment to the US. Justice is coming and hopefully it will put him where he belongs behind bars.

Legend
Legend
“He is an embarrassment to US”

Fixed.

– Jackie Robinson
2nd String
2nd String

I want him to understand that. Him and 40 represent a vocal minority who fit the category of what trump likes "I love the uneducated."

trump will be a convicted felon. He is an embarrassment to the US. Justice is coming and hopefully it will put him where he belongs behind bars.

[Linked Image from nefortrump.com]

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Jim, it's interesting to note that nobody mentioned Trump, but you saw something in the quotes that remind you of the former Liar in Chief.

Voting for Trump is just like voting for Hitler. If you want, then do so, but do so at your own peril...

Hi Daman,

If you look at his latest comments, I believe we know who "bone" is talking about.

Trump is no Hitler. How could you even suggest that? It is your right though just like it is my right to say Biden is closer to Hitler than Trump!

The "Biden" administration is trying to start WW3. Thanks to God "they" haven't...yet.

We agree to disagree....love and kisses... laugh

P
Legend
Legend
P
How is Biden trying to start WW3? This should be a good one.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Proud to be associated with a career criminal, rapist, traitor, fraud and thief.

That says a lot.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by JimDawg

Thought I saw a drag queen wearing one of those… just saying..

O
Legend
Legend
O
[Linked Image from cdn.vectorstock.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by JimDawg

Thought I saw a drag queen wearing one of those… just saying..

Didn't you tell me the name tag said JimDawg?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
“I love a good nap. Sometimes it's the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning." - George Costanza

Legend
Legend
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.” ― Plato

O
Legend
Legend
O
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

― James Waterman Wise

Legend
Legend
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.” - Joseph Goebbels

1 member likes this: Jester
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Quotes from the Past- Relevant Today

Link Copied to Clipboard