Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, Detroit choking in the second half of Conference Championship brought up a lot of bad memories for me, a Browns fan.

That 4th and 3 playcall with Goff in the spread, IMO, was among the dumbest playcalls I had seen this season.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bird
The Browns likely could not have beaten any of these 4 teams.

They already beat the 49'ers this season on Oct. 15th. They also beat the Ravens on Nov. 12th. Where were you?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
So glad to be wrong.

I felt bad for the Lions.

The Ravens deserved to lose. You cannot let emotions rule you. Their composure was horrible. Cheap shots.

Lamar will win the MVP. However, he once again has failed in the playoffs.

There is a formula to beat Lamar and KC used it. Pressure and mixed coverage. At times KC blitzed him. Sometimes they played man, other times zone. Sometimes a combination. They brought pressure from different places. Lamar got edgy and forced things. He abandoned footwork and made bad throws.

I am glad they lost.

I do not care who wins the Super Bowl.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They were hoping regular season Lamar would show up but playoff Lamar came to play yesterday.

I hope KC wins the SB just to pi$$ off all the Taylor Swift haters. rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Bird
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Bird
The Browns likely could not have beaten any of these 4 teams.

They already beat the 49'ers this season on Oct. 15th. They also beat the Ravens on Nov. 12th. Where were you?
I was here. And, no, they would not have beaten them in the playoffs, imo.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see. So they were perfectly capable to beat them before but could not beat them now? Got it.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm sure Jim Schwartz took note of KC's defensive Scheme against Lamar.

Legend
Legend
I don't listen much to pop music so, I do not know Taylor Swift's music.

I have heard her interviewed. I like her. She seems like a good person. She is cute and popular. I do not understand the animosity toward her.

Kelce is a great player from Cleveland Heights. Good looking pair who are both loaded and young. Enjoy your lives together and ignore the outside noise.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

You have that backwards. The Chefs looked at what we did to the Rats.

We defensed Lamar well enough when we ate their lunch in Baltimore this year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I suppose of you consider 31 points well enough. That's how many points they put up in the game the Brown won against them while the Browns scored 33 points. I've never considered winning by 2 points as "eating their lunch". In the previous game last season the Browns gave up 28 points to the Ravens. By contrast the Chiefs gave up 10 points to the Ravens. So I'm pretty sure Schwartz was writing some notes down. That's how coaches become great. They continue to learn.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Detroit blew it and choked big time. They played that whole second half tight as a drum. Happy the Ravens lost!

L
Legend
Legend
L
When the Lions were up 14 and went for it on fourth and four, I would have kicked the field goal, and I said it at the time. Monday morning QB, I know, but....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
They don't call him Riverboat Dan for nothing.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
When the Lions were up 14 and went for it on fourth and four, I would have kicked the field goal, and I said it at the time. Monday morning QB, I know, but....

Yep. My wife asked, before the snap "what do you think?"

"I get that's who they are, but I do not like it at all. You have to keep putting points on the board and never give this team a sense of momentum that they don't earn themselves."

When they passed on the FG and went for it the first time in the 4th quarter, I got up, handed her the remote, and went to finish my book. They were up by 14 but I knew it was over.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: lampdogg
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
said the same thing. 2nd half starts and niners drive down field and lions hold them to FG. Lions up 14.

Lions get the ball and drive down field and have a chance to get those 3 back an up 3 scores with a quarter and a half left in game. Change momentum, etc. Now nobody knows if Badgely makes the FG - 45 yarder or so. But man, take the points, get mo back - no brainer for me. The risk was not worth the reward in my opinion , Danny Boy.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The lions didn’t prioritize winning.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

Unfortunately, I think it was more Monken's horrible play calling than anything the defense did. Although, I suppose maybe they figured out that Monken calls horrible plays that don't work against certain looks, just kept calling those looks, and Monken kept calling the plays that didn't/don't work.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
The lions didn’t prioritize winning.

Meh, the Lions failed to make plays that they had been making. It happens.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by lampdogg

And this is where it becomes more complicated actually. I certainly agree with you and those that say they should have kicked the FG. It would continue to keep your lead up where your opponent needs three scores. But analytics says you should go for it in that situation. This is one example of why I don't think teams should rely too heavily on analytics.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
saywhat

Chiefs coach Andy Reid refutes Kadarius Toney's claim that team 'made up' his injury

Kansas City ruled the receiver out for the AFC championship game due to a hip injury

The Kansas City Chiefs announced Saturday that Kadarius Toney had a hip injury and wouldn't play in the AFC championship game against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

Toney fired back in a brief Instagram Live clip, saying the Chiefs lied about his injury designation.

"Man that s*** crap," Toney said Sunday. "I'm not hurt. None of that s***. Save that s***. ... On God, not hurt. None of that. It go from hip to ankle to this to that."

Head coach Andy Reid addressed Toney's claim after the Chiefs defeated the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC championship game on Sunday. The consequences of that accusation could've been substantial for both Reid and the team as the league has previously fined organizations for improper injury information.

"He's been on the injury report, [so] that part is not made up by any means," Reid said on Monday.

The embattled receiver, in theory, should be elated after celebrating the birth of his first child — a daughter — on Saturday. Instead, he's taking the Chiefs to task on social media.

Yes, the same Kansas City team that stood by him as he struggled throughout the 2023 season. Whether it was the multiple dropped passes he had in the season opener versus the Detroit Lions or when he deleted his social media following that game after he received an avalanche of criticism.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-coa...t-team-made-up-his-injury-185640726.html

More of the story at the link provided.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Kadarious Toney is going to run himself right out of the NFL. The guy has been garbage as a receiver and this will not do him any favors. Dumb.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Uh yeah. He might now be ruled out for the Super Bowl, plus any other KC games moving forward.
Not wise.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Toney is an idiot

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The real definition of a football idiot/s is/was whoever supported drafting Johnny Manziel. They knew he was an alcoholic and probably drug user AND still drafted him. Got to love the idiots involved in that one- fell in love with what he did to Alabama and winning the Heisman and thought it translated to NFL......STUPID in all CAPS.

Joe Thomas's comments on when he knew Johnny Football wasn't going to make it in NFL were so revealing they make you want to CRY. He stated during OTAs the Browns couldn't find their Number One draft pick- he was LOST, gone on a binder----Now that's special.

Championship Predictions-- JMHO, How can you bet against KC---they have lots of weapons, a supreme QB, and more than decent Defense.....my money is on them....PLUS, you're getting couple points--what is not to like.....GO Chiefs.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL 2023 Post Season Conference Championship Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard