Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Weird post.

I'll give you a few hours to get your bearings.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Rishuz
P
Legend
Legend
P
So they hated the razor wire until they didn't? Maybe you're suffering from short term memory loss.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And once trump has spoken, here's hoe the Republican party treats for trying to help solve thew problems at the border.....

Oklahoma GOP condemns Lankford for bipartisan Senate border talks

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) on Sunday defended bipartisan border security package negotiations after facing criticism from some fellow Republicans, including former President Trump.

The big picture: Oklahoma Republican Party vice chair Wayne Hill announced in a statement Saturday that the state GOP had passed a resolution condemning and censuring Lankford over the border talks, threatened to withdraw support for him and accused him of "playing fast and loose with Democrats" on the issue.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has said if rumors about the details of the Senate's expected border deal are true, it would be "dead on arrival" in the House.
Trump has come out strongly against any bipartisan deal on the border. He told supporters at a rally in Nevada Saturday ahead of the state's Feb. 8 caucuses there's "zero chance" he'd "support this horrible open borders betrayal of America ... A lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they're blaming it on me. I say, that's OK. Please blame it on me. Please."

What he's saying: During an appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, lead Senate GOP negotiator Lankford noted some people were "functioning off of internet rumors of what's in" the bill's final text that's in the final stages, "and many of them are false."

Lankford noted the "internet rumors" during a "Fox News Sunday" interview during which he said the bill "focuses on getting us to zero illegal crossings" per day.
"There's no amnesty. It increases a number of Border Patrol agents and it increases asylum officers. It increases detention beds so we can quickly detain and then deport individuals," he told Fox anchor Shannon Bream.
"It focuses on additional deportation flights out. It changes our asylum process so that people can get a fast asylum screening at a higher standard and then get returned back to their home country," Lankford added.

"This is not about letting 5,000 people in a day. This is the most misunderstood section of this proposal. And let me tell you briefly what it is."

The bottom line: "It is interesting, Republicans, four months ago, would not give funding for Ukraine, for Israel and for our southern border because we demanded changes in policy. So we actually locked arms together and said, 'We're not going to give money for this. We want a change in law,'" Lankford told Bream.

"We all have an oath to the Constitution and we have a commitment to say we're going to do whatever we can to be able to secure the border."

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/29/ok...aiwITZ5qWIAoFattsVoPtiFMPp5NfTMOBajQqMNw

This is now how they view bipartisanship....."playing fast and loose with Democrats"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
This helps explian what Lankford is being punished. He spoke out against what trump said concerning the border deal that's being negotiated....

Lankford: Trump opposition to border deal due to ‘misinformation’

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) minimized the influence of former President Trump’s opposition to a Senate border deal, arguing that detractors will back the effort after they read the bill, though any text of the legislation has yet to be released.

Trump has urged Senators not to support a bipartisan border security agreement, calling it a “catastrophe waiting to happen” and falling short of what is needed.

Lankford, a leading Republican in negotiations, said Sunday he still believes the effort will pass.

“They’re all functioning off of internet rumors of what’s in the bill, and many of them are false,” he said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “So people want to be able to just see it, read it, go through it, and to be able to see the dramatic change that this really makes and how we handle our immigration system and how we work to be able to secure our border completely.”

“That’s been a simple request of Americans, whether you’re Republican, Democrat or independent,” he continued. “People just want a secure border where we have legal immigration, but we’re not promoting illegal immigration, and that’s what we’ve seen in the last three years.”

He said lead negotiators don’t have a solid vote count of who is backing the effort just yet because the entire text has not been distributed to members, adding that “misinformation” about the bill will be corrected when the text is released.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), another lead negotiator, made similar comments Sunday, optimistic about the border deal’s future.

“I am hopeful that we will still have enough Republicans in the Senate who want to fix the problem at the border rather than just do Donald Trump’s bidding, but we will see over the next 24 to 48 hours whether that’s true,” he said.

Some Republicans have denounced Trump’s comments slamming the bill, including Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), calling Trump’s opposition “immoral.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...on-to-border-deal-due-to-misinformation/

Once he stated that trump is listening to fake he had to be punished.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Here is a quick summary from what Lankford said yesterday on fox on what is in the bill;

“This bill focuses on getting us to zero illegal crossings a day. There’s no amnesty. It increases the number of Border Patrol agents, increases asylum officers, it increases detention beds so we can quickly detain and then deport individuals,” Lankford said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“It focuses on additional deportation flights out. It changes our asylum process so that people get a fast asylum screening at a higher standard and then get returned back to their home country,” Lankford added.

Lankford noted that, in the last four months, there have only been seven days where there were fewer than 5,000 unauthorized border crossings a day, and that the bill was intended to close down the border so that “no one gets in” if there was a rush of crossings.

“This is not about letting 5,000 people in a day. This is the most misunderstood section of this proposal,” Lankford said on Sunday on Fox. “This is not someone standing at the border with a little clicker saying, ‘I’m going to let one more in. We’re at 4,999’ and then it has to stop. It is a shutdown of the border and everyone actually gets turned around.”

The authority Biden was referencing would shut down most asylum screenings for migrants crossing illegally, according to two people familiar with the outlines of the deal who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private deliberations. Migrants could still apply at ports of entry, where a set number of asylum claims would need to be granted, they said. Migrants would be expelled indefinitely until crossings dipped below 3,750 per day, which would end the expulsion authority period.

The bill being negotiated would also change the U.S. asylum process with the goal of reducing the average time for an asylum claim to be resolved from several years to 6 months, the people said. It also raises the standard for migrants to be able to make an asylum claim in the first place. Some Republicans’ goal to dramatically curtail Biden’s use of his humanitarian parole powers for certain categories of migrants is not in the final deal, they said.

On Sunday, Lankford said the measure will ensure that the only migrants who get a work permit are those who have gone through a “strenuous evaluation” and who are probably going to be able to end up with asylum and remain in the United States.

“That’s a fraction of the people that go through the process. The vast majority of people that actually go through this process will be turned around and were deported,” Lankford said.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
These people have been behind closed doors since November.

Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?

They've been releasing text to only certain people.
Then they complain about 'leaks' and people arguing over possible language.

Release the stupid bill.
These dolts in Washington could take something as simple as sitting down and make it so that only an double-jointed Olympic athlete could accomplish it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And it would somehow cost $1 billion to do.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
My understanding is the negotiations have been completed but the full bill isn't finished and ready to be released.

Key border deal negotiator says bipartisan agreement has been reached, could be ready in the coming days

Sen. Chris Murphy, a key negotiator on a possible border deal, said Sunday that text of a compromise could be ready to go to the Senate floor in the coming days.

“We do have a bipartisan deal. We’re finishing the text right now,” Murphy told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union,” adding that the question remains whether Republicans are going to listen to former President Donald Trump, who has tried to tank the compromise.

“We are sort of finalizing the last pieces of text right now. This bill could be ready to be on the floor of the United States Senate next week. But it won’t be if Republicans decide that they want to keep this issue unsettled for political purposes,” the Connecticut Democrat added.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/politics/chris-murphy-immigration-border-deal-cnntv/index.html

There's much more of the article at the link. But I'm pretty sure they have to finish the text of the bill before they have a bill complete. And I'm also pretty sure you can't release a bill until it's finished.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
NO. $1 billion to find the athlete, $3 billion in a failed attempt to train people to sit in it, $5 billion for a new chair design.

And finally, $500 million, after-the-fact, for studies and senate subcommittee hearings to decide whether the new chair design contributes to a sedentary lifestyle.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/politics/chris-murphy-immigration-border-deal-cnntv/index.html

There's much more of the article at the link. But I'm pretty sure they have to finish the text of the bill before they have a bill complete. And I'm also pretty sure you can't release a bill until it's finished.

But that's the problem.

Here's what's in the bill we agreed to, but the text isn't done yet because we don't have our pork in it yet.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure what you're confused by. The bill and the language of the bill is already completed. All they're doing now is putting the agreement in written form. I understand what you're saying in terms of what happens once a bill hits the floor. Congress will tweak it, add other things to it and it often comes out far different than where it started. And for all either of us know that may be what happens here after congress gets their hands on it. I sure don't know. But that process has not yet started because the original bill has not been competed in text form as of yet.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Exactly. That's the problem with ALL bills in congress. They get a fancy name that everyone likes, then pork gets added to it, making, say, a $1billion bill cost $5 billion.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree with you. Peen and I touched on this in another thread here just today. I mean when just looking at this bill alone funding for both Ukraine and Israel was forced to be packaged into an immigration bill. None of those things are connected to each other.

Both peen and I agreed, and it sounds like you would as well, that each bill that goes before congress should be a stand alone bill that only addresses the topic of the bill with no additional add ons or pork attached to them.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Unless that pork directly benefits me, of course. I need to find some dark lobbying money.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well i don't want mine to be dark. I'm afraid that if it were a different color than ordinary money I would be accused of counterfeiting.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?

Come now, you know the first order of business for GOPers is to impeach. #impeachmayorkas

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, let's cover the goals of the democrats...

Ignore border catastrophe for 3+ years. (The border is secure, the border is secure, the border is secure!)
Then say you need money to fix border (over 10X what you were willing to give Trump to fix the border)
Still send mixed message: while acknowledging problem yet wanting to cut razor wire.
Stuff three idiots in a room for 3 months for a "bipartisan bill"
Have them leak language for weeks and then dispute the leaks.
Put together unreasonable bill that treats border as a turnstile.
Blame MAGA for border disaster when they won't pass the ridiculous bill on 36 hours notice when you finally release it.

Wash your hands of border crisis and think voters aren't paying attention to the most ridiculous chapter in the history of US politics.

Legend
Legend
Lol. Still no bill. Where is it you ask. I’ll tell you where it is, It’s tied up in a MAGA GOPer political charged impeachment hearing with no validity.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you ever notice they complain when nothing is done and then they complain when something is trying to be done? The old "heads I win, tails you lose" game.

And I would like to mention those idiots in that room belong to both parties. And if my math is correct, this is more than three......

Michael Bennet of Colorado, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Chris Murphy of Connecticut, Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona and Thom Tillis of North Carolina

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What does the bill have to do with impeachment hearings?

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Who knows how many are in the room?

Do you? Please tell.

"trying to do something" rofl

So if I start a city block on fire, wait 'til it's nearly burnt to the ground, then piss on the embers, I'm "trying to do something", right? This is not much different.

Sleepy Joe is "trying to do something" to improve the worst approval rating in the history of America to win an election.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What world are we living in?

This has got to be a parallel universe!! rofl

In Biden’s pledge to ‘shut down’ border, a stunning political shift

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you were PO'd when they did nothing now your PO'd because they are working on doing something but not fast enough to suit you. Heads you win, tails they lose.

What I do know is those are the five senators working on the bipartisan bill.

And no. Biden is trying to get funding for Israel and Ukraine which the GOP is holding hostage by tying it onto a border deal. And it seems you have obviously missed that it's a group of GOP semators working out a border deal, not Biden. Silly rabbit, presidents don't write laws/bills. I thought we had gone over this at great lengths?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You sound like all of those far right GOP congressman who wanted it and now that they're getting it, they don't want it. Somebody is doing what you've whined about for so long and now you're whining that they're doing it. There's just no pleasing some people.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, you've got the "so long" part right.

10 million illegals later, as the libs scream bloody murder and try to blame the GOP...

An unabridged recap of Biden's border catastrophe:

Jan 2021: "Those poor immigrants, I'm gonna reverse every Trump policy!!"
Feb 2021: "The border is secure!"
March 2021: "The border is secure!"
April 2021: "The border is secure!"
May 2021: "The border is secure!"
June 2021: "The border is secure!"
July 2021: "The border is secure!"
August 2021: "The border is secure!"
September 2021: "The border is secure!"
October 2021: "The border is secure!"
November 2021: "The border is secure!"
December 2021: "The border is secure!"
Jan 2022: "The border is secure!"
Feb 2022: "The border is secure!"
March 2022: "The border is secure!"
April 2022: "The border is secure!"
May 2022: "The border is secure!"
June 2022: "The border is secure!"
July 2022: "The border is secure!"
August 2022: "The border is secure!"
September 2022: "The border is secure!"
October 2022: "The border is secure!"
November 2022: "The border is secure!"
December 2022: "The border is secure!"
Jan 2023: "The border is secure!"
Feb 2023: "The border is secure!"
March 2023: "The border is secure!"
April 2023: "The border is secure!"
May 2023: "The border is secure!"
June 2023: "The border is secure!"
July 2023: "The border is secure!"
August 2023: "The border is secure!"
September 2023: "The border is secure!"

October 2023: "I got it... Let's build a wall!"
November 2023: "I need money for this border crisis!"
December 2023: "I need money for this border crisis!"
January 2024: "Those damned republicans!!!" (and oh yeah, Abbott drowns Mexicans)

Coming soon, February 2024: "Republicans won't support the "Turnstile Bill", this is all their fault!!"

P
Legend
Legend
P
So they were wrong when they did nothing and wrong by working out a solution to fix it. We get it. rofl

It's like that moody girlfriend who gets mad when you won't buy her a new car. Then once you go out pricing cars she's mad that you're going to buy her a new car. Women, am I right?

Coming soon, February 2024: "Republicans won't support the "Turnstile Bill", this is all their fault!!"

The bill Republicans helped write?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Actually, it's more like watching her hitchhike for three years and then buying her a skateboard.

Yes, the bill "republicans helped write". If it contains language that includes no accountability for those that have been released, and a turnstile for 5000 per day, I don't care who helped write it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

Nothing. The point was…It’s GOpers first order of business. Impeachment. Border security is on the back burner. Hence no bill you asked for.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Lankford has already explained this bill and it's not what the talking heads claim which seems to be who you have been listening to. He actually stated that what's being said is based on misinformation. Since Lankford is a Republican and is actually in the room and is actually a part of writing the bill I thought you may listen to what he had to say about it. But I'm beginning to have my doubts.

But then again his own party censured him for working on bipartisan legislation just like they destroyed the careers of Cheney and Kinzinger for working on the Jan. 6th committee. It seems the Republican party hates bipartisanship.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
If the libtards were really serious about fixing the border, Biden would reverse those 535 executive orders that made illegal immigration tempting and easier. It costs no money.

But they aren't serious. They like the turnstile border and just want to make their problem the GOPs fault.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lankford has already explained this bill and it's not what the talking heads claim which seems to be who you have been listening to. He actually stated that what's being said is based on misinformation. Since Lankford is a Republican and is actually in the room and is actually a part of writing the bill I thought you may listen to what he had to say about it. But I'm beginning to have my doubts.

But then again his own party censured him for working on bipartisan legislation just like they destroyed the careers of Cheney and Kinzinger for working on the Jan. 6th committee. It seems the Republican party hates bipartisanship.
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

Nothing. The point was…It’s GOpers first order of business. Impeachment. Border security is on the back burner. Hence no bill you asked for.

The border deal is being worked on in secret by an illuminati mindtrust. There are no "burners'.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The border deal is being worked on in secret by an illuminati mindtrust. There are no "burners'.

rofl

Somebody inserted one of those microchips in your Covid vaccine.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
If the libtards were really serious about fixing the border

I'm glad you think the Republicans helping work out a border deal are libtards. Is that you MTG?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joe Biden Says He's Done All He Can Do About U.S.-Mexico Border rofl rofl rofl

Except sign an executive order... which he said he will do if the bill passes... but he doesn't need the bill top pass to do it... but that's the only way to blame the GOP... for a bill that hasn't been released yet...

[Linked Image from i.makeagif.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only congress can write bills and pass laws. Just because one president thinks he's above the law doesn't mean they all should.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
If the libtards were really serious about fixing the border, Biden would reverse those 535 executive orders that made illegal immigration tempting and easier. It costs no money.

But they aren't serious. They like the turnstile border and just want to make their problem the GOPs fault.

It's funny to see them shouting and crying about all the lost lives now. Creepy Joe Scarborough pounding his fists about the criminals crossing and fentanyl is classic State TV. rofl

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Only congress can write bills and pass laws. Just because one president thinks he's above the law doesn't mean they all should.

Tattoo it on your forward backwards and go stare in the mirror for a while. Any president can sign an executive order. Your "one (p)resident" has signed 535.

#trollfail

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't need that tattoo but obviously you do because it seems it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. You do understand the difference in making an executive order and repealing an executive order, correct? If not maybe you should look into that.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Can Biden declare a state of emergency and reinstitute remain in Mexico?

No b.s., just answer the actual question.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure. I know he could if Covid was still a national health emergency. Unless you would think he could call the immigration issue an "invasion" I have no idea how else he could do it. I don't believe either one of us know enough about the law to make such a determination actually.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall some more!

Link Copied to Clipboard