Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't think he needs to call it an invasion to state it as an emergency. And he'd only have to demonstrate it as such if it was challenged in court.

Bottom line, sign the order, close the border, let the chips fall and react accordingly. That's what would happen if someone actually wanted to end the madness.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
So to hell with doing what a president actually has the power to do and just see if it's challenged in court? As I said, that may be what you're used to but that's not how it's supposed to work.

The reason I think it may not be allowed or within a president's right to do this is that the circumstances were much different when trump closed the border. Unlike what you're suggesting Biden should do, it wasn't trump who unilaterally called it a state of emergency. It was the CDC that proclaimed it a state of emergency which gave trump the right to shut down the border. You're suggesting that Biden make that call even though that's not what trump did nor what gave him the right to close the border. You're comparing apples to oranges here. And I'm pretty sure the founding fathers didn't believe that our government should be based on "I'll do what i want."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
50 U.S. Code § 1621 - Declaration of national emergency by President
§1621. Declaration of national emergency by President; publication in Federal Register; effect on other laws; superseding legislation
(a) With respect to Acts of Congress authorizing the exercise, during the period of a national emergency, of any special or extraordinary power, the President is authorized to declare such national emergency. Such proclamation shall immediately be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register.

(b) Any provisions of law conferring powers and authorities to be exercised during a national emergency shall be effective and remain in effect (1) only when the President (in accordance with subsection (a) of this section), specifically declares a national emergency, and (2) only in accordance with this chapter. No law enacted after September 14, 1976, shall supersede this subchapter unless it does so in specific terms, referring to this subchapter, and declaring that the new law supersedes the provisions of this subchapter.

( Pub. L. 94–412, title II, §201, Sept. 14, 1976, 90 Stat. 1255 .)

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:50%20section:1621%20edition:prelim)

Emergency powers have existed in countries around the world for centuries. Their purpose is simple: to temporarily enhance executive power during unexpected crises that are moving too fast for Congress to respond. The Brennan Center’s original research cataloged 123 statutory authorities that become available to the president when he declares a national emergency. Many are measured and sensible, but others seem like the stuff of authoritarian regimes: giving the president the power to take over domestic communications, seize Americans’ bank accounts, and deploy U.S. troops to any foreign country. Given how broad these powers are, it is critical to have adequate safeguards in place to prevent abuse.

The National Emergencies Act, in its current form, lacks those protections. It allows the president to declare emergencies with nothing more than a signature on an executive order, and presidents can renew those emergencies every year ad infinitum. Congress can vote to end an emergency, but it effectively needs a veto-proof majority to do so.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/bolster-checks-balances/executive-power/emergency-powers?fbclid=IwAR0k_2MTeUFWJCyC8Zt43Na7zhiGK7DQIb5WOXf-WIqIWV64bubx2GuPsvA#:~:text=It%20allows%20the%20president%20to,proof%20majority%20to%20do%20so.

For Immediate Release
January 27, 2024

President has full authority under existing law to close the border

WASHINGTON, DC — Speaker Mike Johnson released the following statement regarding the President’s statement endorsing the Senate border deal:

“President Biden falsely claimed yesterday he needs Congress to pass a new law to allow him to close the southern border, but he knows that is untrue.

“As I explained to him in a letter late last year, and have specifically reiterated to him on multiple occasions since, he can and must take executive action immediately to reverse the catastrophe he has created.

“The Immigration and Nationality Act coupled with recent Supreme Court precedent give him ‘ample authority’ to ‘suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.’

“As my letter stated, President Biden can begin to secure the border by ending catch-and-release, ceasing exploitation of parole authority, reinstating the Remain in Mexico program, expanding the use of expedited removal authority, and renewing construction of the border wall. The President must start by using the broad legal authority he already possesses to reclaim our nation’s sovereignty and end the mass release of illegal aliens into our country.

But when talking about the "bipartison bill"...
Sleepy: “It'll also give me as president, the emergency authority to shut down the border until it could get back under control. If that bill were the law today, I'd shut down the border right now and fix it quickly.”

So he's saying the border is an emergency and if he had the power he would shut down the border right now. Hmmm...

Seems that he already has that power. You can say that's an abuse of power if you'd like. You could even call it draconian and xenophobic like the libs reacting to Trump's executive order calling the border an emergency. But you can't stop the order.

So I guess all there is to resolve is if Biden actually considers the border an emergency (as he just stated it is) and would like to do something about it, or will he just like to continue to play politics and point the finger at others for the disaster he created.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
I don't think he needs to call it an invasion to state it as an emergency. And he'd only have to demonstrate it as such if it was challenged in court.

Now all you have to do is figure out what the national emergency is. Screaming loudly doesn't make it so. Nobody is playing politics except people who wanted a new border bill until they didn't. Do you actually think you've come up with a good excuse for refusing to pass a new border bill?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joe just said there was an emergency... I have to figure out what the emergency is? rofl

I actually think the whole thing has gone over your head. Nevermind.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's gone over yours. Let me show you.....

"Congress refuses to fix our immigration laws which is creating an emergency so I'm going to call the fact they refuse to address this as an emergency and close the borders. I'm going to be the one to let them off the hook for not doing their job."

Never mind.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cool, so you can admit it's just a pissing contest and Biden doesn't see it as an emergency at all... unless it fits his narrative.

It's an "emergency" when the terminology fits his agenda, but not when the responsibility of doing something comes into play. Makes sense. I mean, it's all the republicans' fault 10 million have just crossed the border anyway. Joe definitely has no culpability, so he should definitely fight for a win before he lifts a finger to fix anything.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I admit at the moment congress has the ability to fix it but rather than do their job they blame Biden for it. And they will have you by their side helping support that message. You refuse to talk about now by talking about then. I'm not surprised by that.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
See how easy this is.

We just go back to "none of this is Biden's fault". And since others won't do their job, why should he do his?

But sure, we can talk about now... all day...

But first we'll need the bill...

Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?
Where. is. the. bill?

Or should we just believe it's all good, pure and fair because Pit @DawgTalkers?

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
Where did I say it was good? I said that Lankford, a republican actually working on the deal said much of what Republicans are saying about the bill is based on false information. You just like to sling BS that's me promoting a bill I haven't seen. I guess maybe you should try calling the man I quoted, a Republican who is actually in the room helping to write the legislation calling it good because I never called it any such thing. But you know that and just like to muddy up the water. And it's not Biden's job to shut down the border. Why do you keep insisting that it's the presidents job to write an immigration bill and rule on the laws of what he can and can not do which would be extremely questionable at best?

So you know the bill is being put in text and will be given to congress in just few days. That's been shown to you and you're still creaming "Where is the bill"? You continue to throw this tantrum about what Biden should do when congress will be looking at the bill in less than a week? Dear God man you sound like someone they should hire to write GOP talking points.

And there goes that short term memory loss again. Just a few days ago on this very board I stated that some of Biden's decisions on the border have helped add to the problems we're seeing now. You're beyond help at this point.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So something that actually makes sense which I would certainly agree with is what you're throwing a tantrum about now? Of course they should look the bill over. And here they call dems the #snowflakes

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sleepy: "I've done all I can do!!"

2nd String
2nd String
Joe just said there was an emergency... I have to figure out what the emergency is? rofl

I actually think the whole thing has gone over your head. Nevermind.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

rofl rofl rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sleepy: "I've done all I can do!!"

Congress; We refuse to do anything.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
j/c....

This paints a pretty poignant picture of "I've done all I can do!!". The crisis already well underway, this is the attitude towards it...

Biden's FY23 Budget: Border Crisis
APRIL 14, 2022

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Last month, President Biden released his fiscal year (FY) 2023 budget, which deliberately doubles down on the failed policies that created the worst border crisis in over 20 years. The President’s budget makes cuts to critical agencies responsible for securing the border, even as the Administration prepares to end the Title 42 border policy, which will result in more than double the current number of illegal border crossings per day – projected to reach 18,000.

“President Biden’s budget puts cartels and human traffickers first, not the American people. The cartels are currently making $32 million per day, roughly $1 billion in profit each month, from human smuggling across our southern border. Meanwhile, the President is proposing to cut Immigration and Customs Enforcement by $150 million next year. With the hypocritical repeal of Title 42, cartel profits will skyrocket. The President is not only turning a blind eye to the border for the second year in a row, he is deliberately making matters worse – even continuing to illegally withhold and divert to other purposes the $1.9 billion in tax dollars that Congress passed to build the border wall. It’s clear from this budget that President Biden has no interest in securing our southern border. The American people will continue to suffer because of the President’s inaction and indifference on the border crisis he created,” said House Budget Committee Republican Leader Jason Smith (MO-08).

Biden’s Border Crisis
Over 2.9 million border encounters since Joe Biden became president, which is a 426% increase over the previous year
976,000 pounds of narcotics - including 12,200 pounds of fentanyl - have been seized by border patrol over the last year, enough to kill every American man, woman, and child six times over
$6 million being paid each day to Department of Defense contractors to not build the wall
$350 million of already-purchased, border wall steel continues to rust at the southern border
$2 billion
diverted from COVID-19 testing, vaccines, and therapeutics as well as the Strategic National Stockpile to house illegal immigrants.
Taxpayer dollars used to fly illegal immigrants from the southern border into the interior of the United States

Biden’s FY23 Budget
$600 million cut to the Department of Homeland Security, when removing $3 billion in unnecessary climate funding
$150 million cut to Immigration and Border Enforcement
$4 billion reward to Central American countries flooding U.S. with illegal immigrants
Fails to enforce the successful “Remain in Mexico” policies despite a court order
Continues catch-and-release
Zero accounting for taxpayer dollars spent on flights to transport illegal immigrants from the border to other parts of the country
During a hearing before the House Budget Committee, the Biden Administration admitted they are using the $1.9 billion Congress gave for border wall construction to instead fund “environmental restoration” and “community consultation"

For more on Biden’s FY23 budget, click here.

link

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump will sign border bill, McConnell says, and declare national emergency

Expect legal challenges to his national emergency.

February 14, 2019, 8:45 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...are-national-emergency/story?id=61047358

Of course he still wasn't smart enough to know that a president doesn't have the power to spend money without the approval of congress.

Even trump knew it would take a border bill passed by congress. Right up until he didn't and wanted to make elected on the issue. Thanks for supporting his re-election efforts based on false information......

Biden seeks $14 billion in additional border, immigration funding

October 20, 2023

The Biden administration is requesting $14 billion in additional border spending, largely to hire more officers, agents and immigration judges to respond to high levels of border crossings.

“The request we have made of Congress today provides critically needed funding to equip the Department of Homeland Security with the people and tools it needs to prevent cartels from moving fentanyl through our ports of entry and to enforce our immigration laws in an orderly and effective way,” Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said. “At this time of unprecedented hemispheric and global challenges, we must come together to strengthen our ability to protect the American people.”

The $105 billion supplemental funding request is largely focused on supporting Ukraine and Israel in ongoing wars.

The two members of Congress representing El Paso – Democrat Veronica Escobar and Republican Tony Gonzales – declined to comment on the funding request because they hadn’t yet seen all the details.

Congress cannot act on the supplemental request until the House or Representatives elects a speaker – something it has been unable to do for almost three weeks because of Republican infighting.

Among the highlights from the Biden administration request for additional border funding:

Hiring an additional 1,300 Border Patrol agents and 1,000 officers for Customs and Border Protection and Homeland Security Investigations.

Adding 1,600 asylum officers and support staff to speed up asylum decisions.

Additional detention space to hold migrants, rather than releasing them with notices to appear in immigration court.

Hiring 375 new immigration judges and 1,470 additional attorneys and support staff to process immigration cases more quickly.

$1.4 billion in additional funding for local governments and nonprofits that provide temporary assistance to arriving migrants.

Migrant advocates had a lukewarm response to the proposal.

“As is often the case with the Biden administration, there’s some good and bad mixed together here,” said Adam Isacson, director of defense oversight for WOLA, an advocacy organization in Washington, D.C., that is focused on human rights in the Americas.

“There are important increases in funding for migrant processing, adjudication of asylum cases, and U.S. assistance for communities trying to integrate asylum seekers,” Isacson said.

“Parts of the package, however, still reflect a belief that this protection-seeking migration can somehow be deterred by making the experience more miserable. Nothing else explains the new investment in detention and the ‘soft detention’ of non-custodial expedited removal, which will increase misery and truncate due process but are unlikely to reduce arrivals at the border very much,” he said.

https://elpasomatters.org/2023/10/20/biden-administration-supplemental-border-funding-request/

The party of no is blaming the very person trying to fix things.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hey, as long as he's given it his all. What more can we really ask for?

Legend
Legend
Can Biden declare a state of emergency and reinstitute remain in Mexico?

No b.s., just answer the actual question.
No

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
At least he tried to get funding to help the problem. Congress has done nothing to comply or help. Giving it some effort is better than giving it no effort.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

No

Wrong

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
At least he tried to get funding to help the problem.

Freud would be proud.

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Best point you've made in quite a while. poke

P
Legend
Legend
P
Obviously you don't understand a good point when one is presented to you. Never have. You either ignore them all together as most of your ilk does or you make up some far fetched attempt to dismiss them.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
‘Fedsurrection’ Looms Large as ‘Army of God’ Protest Convoy Heads to Border

Would-be participants are expressing fears that the demonstration could be a “psyop” or “honeypot,” spearheaded by the federal government.

Paranoia about federal entrapment is looming large over the “Take Our Border Back” convoy, which departed Virginia Beach Monday morning and plans to arrive in Texas later this week.

By noon Monday, after a few hours on the road, the convoy had amassed just a few dozen participants—so far, predominantly men over the age of 60. The convoy’s promoters promised over 700,000 participants.

The low numbers could be due, in part, to conspiracy theories riddling Telegram channels for the convoy. Would-be participants are expressing fears that the demonstration could be a “psyop” or “honeypot,” spearheaded by the federal government and undercover agents with the goal of ensnaring right-wingers into a violent event. This is the basis of the Jan. 6 “fedsurrection” conspiracy theory, which around a quarter of Americans believe, according to recent polling.

“I have 3 former associates doing lengthy prison sentences because of the J6 setup,” one person wrote in the Telegram channel for the Texas contingent of the convoy. “I know first hand, even if they don’t have charges they can pin on you, they will make some up.”

One of the organizers, former military commander Pete Chambers, who says he was a green beret, put out a video message in which he appears to directly appeal to supposed undercover federal agents.

“If you start going after these people, trying to trap them, you’re going to be found out,” Chambers said. “There’s too much momentum on the other side bro, so just let it go. Stop working for that entity. They’re just going to tear you down, they’re going to use you like a kleenex, just like they did to me.”

The convoy is expected to stop over in Jacksonville, Florida, before making its way along the southern border. Three separate rallies are planned for Feb 3, in locations near Eagle Pass, Texas, Yuma, Arizona, and a third in San Ysidro, California.

All eyes are on Eagle Pass in particular, which is the epicenter of the standoff between the Biden Administration and Texas over border enforcement. Earlier this month, the Texas National Guard seized control of Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, which abuts a stretch of the Rio Grande that’s a popular point for unauthorized border crossings, and surrounded it with razor wire. The Biden Administration said that Texas’ actions had severely limited Border Patrol’s ability to survey the area—and prevented them from conducting rescue operations, which likely resulted in a migrant woman and two children drowning. Texas denied the allegation.

The Supreme Court ruled last week that the federal government—not Texas—had ultimate authority over the border. But Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has since doubled down on the state’s actions and blew past the Friday deadline set by the Biden Administration to allow Border Patrol access to Shelby Park. Governors of twenty-five red states have since signed onto statements supporting Texas, and some have sent reinforcements to the border after Donald Trump called on them to do so.

The escalating standoff has inspired civil war fantasies of a feds versus states showdown.

Organizers of the convoy, who include QAnon-world influencers and anti-vaxxers, characterized the demonstration as an “army of god,” and have spent the last couple days putting out PR fires—and trying to distance themself from any possible future unrest or bad optics. “No we are not militia friendly,” wrote Christina Holbrook aka “Thought Criminals,” who is an admin for the convoy’s Texas Telegram channel. Holbrook has also asked participants to leave their long guns at home.

Organizers are also trying to assuage fears that the convoy is a “false flag” or “psy-op,” trying to suggest that the government is sowing paranoia intentionally. “They are trying to scare the ppl with all their “fed” “Jan 6th” crap,” wrote Holbrook.

Last week on a planning call, one of the organizers also waved off concerns about entrapment. “When J6 happened, that’s DC, that has nothing to do with the United States. It’s its own continent,” said Mark Anthony. “This is a whole different ball game. We’re out in our country, not a foreign territory. Each state and county has been strategically thought through.”

Still, one person on the Telegram channel suggested that convoy participants bring zip ties with them so they can arrest anyone they believe to be “instigating.” “Basically make-shift cuffs and put them in time out,” she wrote. “You can’t fight them, you know they’re a paid fed or paid actor.” Another said that they’ve heard rumors of plain-clothed FBI agents stationed in Eagle Pass “to create unrest” and have decided to reroute to a different rally location.

Others are suggesting that people avoid the convoy altogether. In a YouTube broadcast on Sunday night, the channel LoveTravelAdventure, which is run by a trucking husband and wife influencer duo with nearly 100,000 subscribers, warned viewers about possible traps ahead. “You're being set up, and you’re advertising every move you’re making to the people who want to know the most,” the husband, who goes by “Red Viking,” said. “There is no 1776 happening so put that out of your mind.”

Red Viking also raised suspicions about organizer Pete Chambers. Green berets are “masters of psyops,” said Red Viking. “I’d love to believe he’s not a part of this,” he said, alluding to a government conspiracy to ensnare conservatives.

“All i’m gonna say to the people who are going to the border: don’t get caught in another January 6th event and do dumb [censored] to get entrapped by your corrupt government,” warned the Telegram Channel Woke Societies.

Similar suspicions have been expressed on the far-right forum Patriots.win. “Listen this is all a trap,” one person wrote. “Trump never asked for people to go to the border. He asked states to assist with guard personnel. Fed fed fed.”

Far-right commentator Charlie Kirk also weighed in. “Please do not fall for obvious traps at the border,” Kirk wrote on X. “Let law enforcement handle this. Don’t create or join some ad-hoc “citizen militia.” Don’t be a one-man hero. Learn the lessons from the last 3 years.”

The last multi-state convoy in the U.S., in Jan. 2022, was an utter disaster—in part because of infighting about federal infiltration. Inspired by a relatively more successful event in Canada, truckers and their counterparts drove across the country to Washington, D.C. to protest vaccine mandates that didn’t exist. Big promises to “barricade” or “occupy” DC were quickly revealed to be bluster, and the convoy ended up parked at the Hagerstown Speedway in Maryland, just outside of the District, for over a week, before heading home.

White nationalist Ryan Sanchez, who goes by “Culture War Criminal” online, said he was heavily involved in the previous convoy but claims it “got taken over by a bunch of feds.” “They kicked out all the radicals, the nationalists,” Sanchez said on a stream broadcast late last week on Cozy.tv, which is run by white nationalist Nick Fuentes. Sanchez said he plans to join the border convoy, and hopes it will be more successful.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxj...doff-conspiracy-theories-dooming-protest

notallthere And just when you thought Freedumb had reached its limits, the bar gets raised again.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Meantime, the Biden administration has two other border-related cases pending against Texas. In one, the federal government is suing Texas to remove a 1,000-foot, state-erected floating barrier in the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass. In the other, it is suing Texas to challenge a state law, set to go into effect in March, that would give state judges authority to issue deportation orders.

"I've done all I can do!!"

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now you're quoting scribbles on notebook paper.

God help them if they want to actually be able to get to the immigrants to do their job. In case you can't grasp the concept, that's exactly what the SCOTUS said they were doing. Immigration is the duty of the federal government, not the states.

On March 1, 2003, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officially assumed responsibility for immigration services and border control functions of the Federal government. The Homeland Security Act of 2002 (Pub. L. No. 107–296, 116 Stat. 2135) dissolved the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and reorganized the former agency into three components within DHS. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services handles immigration services, focusing on the administration of applications. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and U.S. Customs and Border Protection, handle immigration enforcement and border security functions. Other agencies with responsibilities related to visas and the legal status of immigrants, such as the Departments of Justice, State, and Labor are included in this search.

Can states enforce immigration laws?

Although states are able to assist in immigration regulation and enforcement, it is the federal government that has the legal power to enforce U.S. immigration laws.

https://sternlawfirm.us/blog/state-vs-federal-immigration-laws-and-enforcement/

Not that the law actually means anything to some people.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

No

Wrong

Nope. You’re wrong. There is no state of emergency. The only thing he could do is write an executive order to allow Texas to handle their own border and patrol if that’s what they want to do. We’ll all save tax dollars. And GOPers love that.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You have tom remember a lot of the same people espousing this BS are the same people who claimed that either Covid, the vaccine, or both were a hoax. They instead ignored an actual emergency and now are screaming like their hair is on fire.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
IMO the problem is a fairly easy fix. Open federally operated receiving facilities with on site Judges to expedite and process legal immigration. Kinda like Ellis island. We’ve done this before. And really I don’t get Texas. They are shipping all their immigrant traffic to other states without notice. So what do they care?

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/31/24 04:58 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You would think so. But Biden's efforts to get funding in order to pay for an increase in the number of border patrol agents and immigration judges to handle the backlog of cases has been ignored or rejected by the GOP controlled House.

Explainer: Asylum Backlogs

With so many asylum seekers stuck in backlogs, delays can be long. If someone is before USCIS, their estimated wait time is more than 6 years. For claims in front of EOIR, asylum seekers are looking at an average wait time of approximately 4.3 years. - Jan 23, 2024

https://immigrationforum.org/article/explainer-asylum-backlogs/

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO the problem is a fairly easy fix. Open federally operated receiving facilities with on site Judges to expedite and process legal immigration. Kinda like Ellis island. We’ve done this before. And really I don’t get Texas. They are shipping all their immigrant traffic to other states without notice. So what do they care?

Ah, YES.

Open the borders wider and just figure out how to process the asylum seekers faster!

Biden should put you two in charge, this catastrophe would be ironed out in no time! 🤣

Legend
Legend
You’re right, we should just sit on our hands and do nothing like the GOPers, waiting for trump to fix it. notallthere

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/31/24 06:07 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh that's right, there are no asylum laws. How quickly we forgot. You know maybe if we had a new immigration bill that addresses changing some of the current laws your concerns could be addressed. Or do you think Biden has the power to change federal asylum laws too?

As it stands we have millions upon millions of people already in this country waiting for asylum hearings. So is it then your contention that they simply stay here for years awaiting a hearing? Or should we have more immigration judges to catch up on the backlog and get those who do not qualify for asylum out of the country?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You’re right, we should just sit on our hands and do nothing like the GOPers, waiting for trump to fix it. notallthere

You mean like for 3+ years, right?? rofl

1 member likes this: EveDawg
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh that's right, there are no asylum laws. How quickly we forgot. You know maybe if we had a new immigration bill that addresses changing some of the current laws your concerns could be addressed. Or do you think Biden has the power to change federal asylum laws too?

As it stands we have millions upon millions of people already in this country waiting for asylum hearings. So is it then your contention that they simply stay here for years awaiting a hearing? Or should we have more immigration judges to catch up on the backlog and get those who do not qualify for asylum out of the country?

Too many voices in your head, bro.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

No

Wrong

Nope. You’re wrong. There is no state of emergency. The only thing he could do is write an executive order to allow Texas to handle their own border and patrol if that’s what they want to do. We’ll all save tax dollars. And GOPers love that.

Border officials seized 4,600 pounds of fentanyl along the southern border in 2020, a number that skyrocketed to 26,700 pounds in FY 2023 – a 480 percent increase. Most of the fentanyl seized by the two agencies in FY 2023, about 98.9 percent (26,700 out of 27,000 pounds), was seized at the southern border.
#notanemergency

300,000+ illegal border crossings per month, with no way to vet them and nowhere to put them.
#notanemergency

282 people on terrorist watchlist in the last three years arrested at border. Must be asylum seekers.
#notanemergency

FY2023, CBP has arrested 35,433 aliens with criminal convictions or outstanding warrants nationwide, including 598 known gang members, 178 of those being MS-13 members.
#notanemergency

Hotels, schools, gyms, community centers overrun with migrants in every "sanctuary city"
#notanemergency

It has nothing to do with debating the emergency. It has to do with Sleepy Joe having no balls to do what's right.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P

Too many voices in your head, bro.

I don't blame you for dodging the question. I don't blame you for acting like asylum laws don't exist. I don't blame you for refusing to admit that the entire immigration system is broken and only congress can pass laws to fix it. At this point what other choice do you have?

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall some more!

Link Copied to Clipboard